1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

University of Florida Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CA-MedStudent, Jul 18, 2006.

1. CA-MedStudent

CA-MedStudent Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Did anyone else get an email to fill out an information form before the secondary? Is it the form that has 4 different sections and then leads you to pay a 30 dollar fee? If not, what does this information refer to because I clicked their link and it led me to that but an information form doesnt seem like it should have a 30 dollar fee. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tp0086

tp0086 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    All applications will receive a UF Admissions Office residency form upon UF College of Medicine’s receipt of the AMCAS application. It must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable $30 fee to the UF Admissions Office. Any questions about the residency form and/or fee is to be directed to the graduate admissions office, (352) 392-1365. The residency form is not an indication of a decision by the medical selection committee on the AMCAS application, nor does it have any bearing on the decision.

this is directly from their site

4. LifetimeDoc

LifetimeDoc EM Attending
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So, in fewer words...
    "We haven't screened your application at all...we just want your USD$30."

So what's the point of AMCAS again?

And if the USD$30 has no bearing on the decision, why pay it? If you don't pay it, it sounds like they would still accept you! :D

5. McMD

McMD Loving Life!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I *think* that the form is directly for UF and not UFCOM because I *think* I remember a friend who applied to dental school having to fill out the same form and pay the same fee. Sorry that I can't remember that far back anymore!!

6. stoicist

stoicist Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That form is to establish residency for tuition purposes only and not the actual secondary. That's why all documents supporting residency needs to be issued/dated 12 months prior to matriculation. It's not from the med school and doesn't affect any decision about your application.