University of Florida Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA-MedStudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an email to fill out an information form before the secondary? Is it the form that has 4 different sections and then leads you to pay a 30 dollar fee? If not, what does this information refer to because I clicked their link and it led me to that but an information form doesnt seem like it should have a 30 dollar fee. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

CA-MedStudent said:
Did anyone else get an email to fill out an information form before the secondary? Is it the form that has 4 different sections and then leads you to pay a 30 dollar fee? If not, what does this information refer to because I clicked their link and it led me to that but an information form doesnt seem like it should have a 30 dollar fee. Thanks.

All applications will receive a UF Admissions Office residency form upon UF College of Medicine’s receipt of the AMCAS application. It must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable $30 fee to the UF Admissions Office. Any questions about the residency form and/or fee is to be directed to the graduate admissions office, (352) 392-1365. The residency form is not an indication of a decision by the medical selection committee on the AMCAS application, nor does it have any bearing on the decision.

this is directly from their site

So, in fewer words...
"We haven't screened your application at all...we just want your USD$30."

So what's the point of AMCAS again?

And if the USD$30 has no bearing on the decision, why pay it? If you don't pay it, it sounds like they would still accept you! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I *think* that the form is directly for UF and not UFCOM because I *think* I remember a friend who applied to dental school having to fill out the same form and pay the same fee. Sorry that I can't remember that far back anymore!!

That form is to establish residency for tuition purposes only and not the actual secondary. That's why all documents supporting residency needs to be issued/dated 12 months prior to matriculation. It's not from the med school and doesn't affect any decision about your application.