CA-MedStudent

10+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Did anyone else get an email to fill out an information form before the secondary? Is it the form that has 4 different sections and then leads you to pay a 30 dollar fee? If not, what does this information refer to because I clicked their link and it led me to that but an information form doesnt seem like it should have a 30 dollar fee. Thanks.

tp0086

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
CA-MedStudent said:
Did anyone else get an email to fill out an information form before the secondary? Is it the form that has 4 different sections and then leads you to pay a 30 dollar fee? If not, what does this information refer to because I clicked their link and it led me to that but an information form doesnt seem like it should have a 30 dollar fee. Thanks.
All applications will receive a UF Admissions Office residency form upon UF College of Medicine’s receipt of the AMCAS application. It must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable $30 fee to the UF Admissions Office. Any questions about the residency form and/or fee is to be directed to the graduate admissions office, (352) 392-1365. The residency form is not an indication of a decision by the medical selection committee on the AMCAS application, nor does it have any bearing on the decision.

this is directly from their site

LifetimeDoc

EM Attending
10+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
So, in fewer words...
"We haven't screened your application at all...we just want your USD$30."

So what's the point of AMCAS again?

And if the USD$30 has no bearing on the decision, why pay it? If you don't pay it, it sounds like they would still accept you! :D

About the Ads

McMD

Loving Life!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I *think* that the form is directly for UF and not UFCOM because I *think* I remember a friend who applied to dental school having to fill out the same form and pay the same fee. Sorry that I can't remember that far back anymore!!

stoicist

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
That form is to establish residency for tuition purposes only and not the actual secondary. That's why all documents supporting residency needs to be issued/dated 12 months prior to matriculation. It's not from the med school and doesn't affect any decision about your application.

About the Ads