2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS Core WL received by mail. Interviewed 1/19

Members don't see this ad.

IS Core WL by mail dated 02/14. Interviewed 01/16

Reactions: 1 user
also WL, are they waitlisting everyone rn because of the weird situation with SELECT or are there people getting As and Rs too

Members don't see this ad :)
also WL, are they waitlisting everyone rn because of the weird situation with SELECT or are there people getting As and Rs too

I don’t think they reject people after interview until later, but don’t know if anyone got an A yet.

IS, interviewed 1/11, nothing by mail yet. Surprised that some others have already gotten their decisions…

i wonder if the SELECT nonsense has caused everyone to be waitlisted until they can figure out what theyre gonna do

Reactions: 4 users
i wonder if the SELECT nonsense has caused everyone to be waitlisted until they can figure out what theyre gonna do
I have been thinking this for a while. Obviously they had to move SELECT applicants to CORE and they have to see how many will accept vs. decline that. Then they need to figure out what to do with the people who haven’t yet received decisions via CORE and SELECT.

The only thing that baffles me is why they’ve continued to send out a fair amount of CORE interview invites. Perhaps they are preparing for a large amount of attrition this year and trying to build up a larger waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Do they send acceptances in the mail or is it only waitlists? Also do they call with acceptance offers or have they not been doing that?
wondering this as well. Got the mail in my informed delivery lol

Do they send acceptances in the mail or is it only waitlists? Also do they call with acceptance offers or have they not been doing that?
Per my email post interview they send all decisions through postal mail

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS CORE Waitlist yesterday. Interviewed 12/11.

Last edited:
  • Care
OMG is anyone getting A's today? I have an interview coming up and now scared I'm interviewing for the WL

OMG is anyone getting A's today? I have an interview coming up and now scared I'm interviewing for the WL
I feel like they are interviewing the same amount of people that they always do but accepting fewer this year, due to the removal of select, so it seems like a lot more people are ending up on the WL

I feel like there’s been no reported A’s on SDN since the announcement of the SELECT closure

I feel like they are interviewing the same amount of people that they always do but accepting fewer this year, due to the removal of select, so it seems like a lot more people are ending up on the WL
Seems like they might not have a ton of seats but need to meet an interview quota or something lol

I wonder if we were just interviewing for WL spots this whole time 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Hmm
I wonder if we were just interviewing for WL spots this whole time 🤦🏻‍♂️
I mean with up to like 50 accepted SELECT applicants offered spots in the ~130 seat Core, no doubt their class filled up much earlier than anyone could have anticipated. Should see plenty of movement around May since historically OOS attrition is like 70%

I mean with up to like 50 accepted SELECT applicants offered spots in the ~130 seat Core, no doubt their class filled up much earlier than anyone could have anticipated. Should see plenty of movement around May since historically OOS attrition is like 70%
You have a fair point. What does it mean when it says a waitlist is unranked? I figure they may prioritize on a rolling basis

You have a fair point. What does it mean when it says a waitlist is unranked? I figure they may prioritize on a rolling basis
Newly waitlisted student here. While I heard different schools handle waitlists differently, it seems the point of an unranked waitlist is to maintain class diversity. So when people drop their offers, the adcom will find similar candidates from the waitlist. Let's say a student with strong research/service interests left, another student with strong research/service interest will move up.

Estimada comitidad de admiciones,

yo necesito A

Gracias,
El Honorable Lane Jorgensen

Damn bro. They really didn't plan this well. No communication and seemingly waitlisting everyone since early November. Why even interview us?

For those who got a WL, did we have to accept our spot on the waitlist through their portal?

Last edited:
For those who got a WL, did we have to accept our spot on the waitlist through their portal?
I don't see that in my portal? Also, it seems that no one interviewed in and after December has been rejected. Did they just put every interviewee in the waitlist?

I don't see that in my portal? Also, it seems that no one interviewed in and after December has been rejected. Did they just put every interviewee in the waitlist?
I see. I had been waitlisted a few months ago but can't find the physical WL letter since they don't send you an email. Just wondering if they said you're supposed to do anything following the WL bc some schools make you accept a spot on the WL within their portal.

How good are our chances of getting off the waitlist. Was placed on the waitlist after Select shut down and I’m OOS.

How good are our chances of getting off the waitlist. Was placed on the waitlist after Select shut down and I’m OOS.
I think very minimal for OOS. Since they had to offer Core seats to accepted SELECT applicants, they've likely overfilled the OOS portion of the class and will prioritize IS waitlist as people withdraw. Just a guess, though

No. I don’t see any options to accept or decline my spot on the waitlist. We just need to wait patiently for their call…..

Finally received an A elsewhere. Debating on sending an email rescinding my application on the WL due to their wild lack of communication and professionalism. This school has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Finally received an A elsewhere. Debating on sending an email rescinding my application on the WL due to their wild lack of communication and professionalism. This school has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
Same, so glad to have an A and not have to deal with USF's nonsense

Reactions: 2 users
IS II received today! After reading this thread I’m 99% sure it is for a waitlist spot.

• Love