2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to confirm, are all post-II notifications sent by mail (A, WL, R) only? Asking because my mailing address is my parents' house and I want to make sure they don't miss anything -- is there an accompanying portal change or email? Mid Dec. CORE interviewee so not sure that I would've heard back yet given the big changes happening.
Yes, they are sent to the mailing address listed. I have also not found anything in the portal that could be changed to show us our current application status.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when decisions will come out for interviews around 12/6?

Reactions: 2 users
Is it possible to call their admissions office to hear our status and has anyone done that before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when decisions will come out for interviews around 12/6?
Interviewed on Dec. 1st and no news. I haven't seen anyone interviewed on December reported anything yet. It said 6-8 weeks on the email so it should be next week for me at the latest, or two weeks for you.

Hey off topic but for those who had interviews, did anyone get to do in person?

Mine was on Teams but I also didn’t get the option to choose between in person or remote.

Just curious, thanks

Hey off topic but for those who had interviews, did anyone get to do in person?

Mine was on Teams but I also didn’t get the option to choose between in person or remote.

Just curious, thanks

Everything was virtual I believe

For any other accepted applicants or current students - how informative is the second look? I’m OOS and considering buying the plane ticket but I already know the area is gorgeous and I’m sure the facilities are awesome. Is it worth the $150-200 during the school week to come take a look? I am already genuinely extremely interested in this school. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
When
For any other accepted applicants or current students - how informative is the second look? I’m OOS and considering buying the plane ticket but I already know the area is gorgeous and I’m sure the facilities are awesome. Is it worth the $150-200 during the school week to come take a look? I am already genuinely extremely interested in this school. Thanks!
when is second look?

When will there be any waitlist movement?

I think first reported acceptance off the waitlist last year was 5/1, but it might be different this year since they were interviewing people into March + select is gone

Hello! Core M1 here. I can only speak from personal experience, but I felt that second look had a lot of the same information that the virtual info session and our beginning of year orientation (POH) had. Many of my friends did not attend second look, and the only big piece of info they seemed to be missing when school started was the new laptop requirement (USF sends out laptop specs at some point; I think with the acceptance folder?), which was strictly enforced. I saw that some people were asking about when second look is. I don't know the date for this year, but in 2023 it was on April 5th (a Wednesday).

Aside from the important info, second look was just fun to go to. Having the red carpet rolled out (so to speak) was nice after all the effort we put into being accepted. It was also nice to get to see the building, feel the general vibe of the school, and meet some people (although I met most of my current friends in the first couple weeks of school, not second look). Overall, it helped me feel excited and less nervous about starting a new chapter. It's up to you whether that is worth the money or not.

If you (or anyone else) have any other questions, let me know! Can't guarantee I'll know all the answers, but I'll do my best to answer. Super excited for y'all-- enjoy this time!

anyone who interviewed for Core in December get a decision back? I have not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed at Dec. 1st and still didn't get their decision. It's passed the 6-8 weeks time for me.

IS ? OOS? (from Florida but live in TX) II received today 2/7!!

Is it possible that I’ll just be interviewing for a WL position ? Or do I still have a fair shot ?

IS Core II, better late than never

Is it possible that I’ll just be interviewing for a WL position ? Or do I still have a fair shot ?
Im not in admissions but I would guess that you’re good.

Generally I think interviewing past March might be for a WL spot. But you’ve got this!

• Care
I just got a call from admissions to confirm my address. Could be waitlist or acceptance but it is exciting!

I interviewed in early December yet haven't received a call/letter from them. I thought they would send any decisions (admit or reject) through letters? Is anyone in the same boat?

I interviewed in early December yet haven't received a call/letter from them. I thought they would send any decisions (admit or reject) through letters? Is anyone in the same boat?
Same here, interviewed 12/6 and haven't heard anything :/

Waiting for waitlist movement like
1708356471022.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 1/19… still haven’t heard back. Anybody that interviewed in Jan hear back yet?

IS who interviewed in December... just got notified through USPS Informed Delivery that I have a letter from USF Morsani Admissions coming at some point today. Seems to be a standard small white envelope. Don't know if that means Im getting a WL or R...

Does anyone know how receptive admission is to re scheduling? sick as a dog right now and I interview tomorrow 😕

IS who interviewed in December... just got notified through USPS Informed Delivery that I have a letter from USF Morsani Admissions coming at some point today. Seems to be a standard small white envelope. Don't know if that means Im getting a WL or R...
giphy.gif

• Haha
lol I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who neurotically checks their Informed Delivery for this reason

No Pre-ii R here. Just look at cycle-track it gives an indication.

I love how I interviewed and got waitlisted here last cycle and still haven’t gotten an interview yet. Guess they aren’t vibing with my updates

IS CORE waitlist today, came in the mail. Feeling pretty disappointed as I have no idea what to expect from USF’s waitlist at this point :/

• Care
IS CORE waitlist today, came in the mail. Feeling pretty disappointed as I have no idea what to expect from USF’s waitlist at this point :/
I feel this; you’re not alone. It’s also my only hope right now because I’ve been rejected/ghosted from all my other MD schools. The wait is awful.

Do they send acceptances in the mail or is it only waitlists? Also do they call with acceptance offers or have they not been doing that?