2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from Nov select still not hear anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone from Nov select still not hear anything back?
We probably won't until waitlist movement in the spring. Seems they have just shuffled select to the core waitlist and we don't know where that ranks with those already on the core waitlist.

Admissions never responded to my email for more clarification so I'm not super optimistic lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not feeling too optimistic about the SELECT to CORE waitlist email, especially since they haven't stopped sending out CORE IIs in the meantime.
Idk this actually makes me more confident, like clearly they aren't full already. Would be more worrying to me if there had not been a single II since the merger

Idk this actually makes me more confident, like clearly they aren't full already. Would be more worrying to me if there had not been a single II since the merger
My thought process is, with the influx of SELECT applicants in consideration for CORE, there should be a bunch of people to newly consider for CORE. However, they appear to be going business as usual with CORE IIs, which seems like SELECT interviewees have a slim chance, especially since all prior SELECT As turned to CORE As and are taking up more spots.

Reactions: 1 users
My thought process is, with the influx of SELECT applicants in consideration for CORE, there should be a bunch of people to newly consider for CORE. However, they appear to be going business as usual with CORE IIs, which seems like SELECT interviewees have a slim chance, especially since all prior SELECT As turned to CORE As and are taking up more spots.
Is there any indication that the CORE class size is going to increase by 50 (the size of SELECT)? Or is it just going to be a bottleneck of people all competing for the CORE spots?

Has anyone sent them an email regarding a clarification on whether SELECT interviewees are now in the running for CORE seats via the waitlist, if SELECT students who interviewed in Nov/Dec are still being considered for acceptance currently, or if we are simply no longer being realistically considered as applicants because we interviewed with LVHN faculty via the SELECT program? The wording of that email they sent was hard to decipher.

Has anyone sent them an email regarding a clarification on whether SELECT interviewees are now in the running for CORE seats via the waitlist, if SELECT students who interviewed in Nov/Dec are still being considered for acceptance currently, or if we are simply no longer being realistically considered as applicants because we interviewed with LVHN faculty via the SELECT program? The wording of that email they sent was hard to decipher.

I think it’s the first option. They never gave us a decision but we were included in the select waitlist email list so I assume we all got waitlisted don’t know if they categorize us as a separate group or just a regular old waitlist though, they were so ass with their wording.

• Care
Would anyone mind sharing the SELECT to CORE waitlist email here? I interviewed for SELECT in November and haven't heard anything yet, but I never received the email. Also have any other November SELECT interviewees not received the email? Seems like everyone did so I'm confused haha.

Would anyone mind sharing the SELECT to CORE waitlist email here? I interviewed for SELECT in November and haven't heard anything yet, but I never received the email. Also have any other November SELECT interviewees not received the email? Seems like everyone did so I'm confused haha.
If you were not on the Waitlist you were probably not intended to receive that email.
If someone who got it wants to share it with you they may.

Of course! I meant only if someone is comfortable doing so. No worries if not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same I interviewed mid-Nov for select and no email. Wish they would tell us if we’re rejected but it sounds like everyone goes waitlist first so maybe it’s good. Not getting my hopes up at this point tho lol

Is there any indication that the CORE class size is going to increase by 50 (the size of SELECT)? Or is it just going to be a bottleneck of people all competing for the CORE spots?
I was under the assumption that the class size would stay the same.

On December 19, 2023, an announcement was made about the pending merger between the Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) and Jefferson Health. The final decision regarding the LVHN and Jefferson merger is expected in 2024. As a result, the SELECT program will no longer exist at USF MCOM. I want to assure you that these developments will not negatively impact your medical school application.

For students who are currently on the SELECT program waitlist, please be informed that your status will be automatically transferred to the Core program waitlist. There is no further action you need to take as this email serves as your official notice of this adjustment.

Doesn't the wording of that email make it sound like this email was simply an update sent to current applicants? It stipulates "For students who are currently on the SELECT program waitlist," making it sound like this email was sent to both students who were on the SELECT waitlist and current applicants on which a decision has not been made yet rather than just an email informing current applicants to the SELECT program that they have been waitlisted.

Given that some November SELECT interviewees didn’t get the email, I’m guessing that whoever didn’t get it was accepted and whoever got it was waitlisted.

Given that some November SELECT interviewees didn’t get the email, I’m guessing that whoever didn’t get it was accepted and whoever got it was waitlisted.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they legitimately forgot to add some emails at this point

I asked for clarification. They never responded to the email.

I hope they will clarify for us mid-Nov select interviewees who have only gotten the waitlist email and nothign elese yet.

Just got clarification from Admissions Assistant Dean that Waitlist letters are in the mail for select interviewees when I asked what the Select to score WL email meant

• Wow
Just got clarification from Admissions Assistant Dean that Waitlist letters are in the mail for select interviewees when I asked what the Select to score WL email meant
Okay, so this means that the SELECT to CORE WL email was just an update? So does this mean that all SELECT interviewees are being mailed waitlist letters or are we still being considered directly for CORE acceptance?

Does this mean CORE seats are filled up already, since a lot of people from SELECT are being considered directly for CORE now?

Okay, so this means that the SELECT to CORE WL email was just an update? So does this mean that all SELECT interviewees are being mailed waitlist letters or are we still being considered directly for CORE acceptance?
I think it means anyone who got that email is going to be waitlisted.

Just received letter in the mail for OOS CORE WL. Originally interviewed for SELECT in early November and received the SELECT to CORE email as well.

Just received letter in the mail for OOS CORE WL. Originally interviewed for SELECT in early November and received the SELECT to CORE email as well.
Same. Mid-November SELECT interview. Looks like our lot just got punted into a big bloated wait list.

To those of us without an A yet, hold strong brothers and sisters. Hold strong.

Hey everyone, how should I go about attaching an update to USF's portal? I don't see anywhere to attach it so should I just email it to the admissions committee?

Hey everyone, how should I go about attaching an update to USF's portal? I don't see anywhere to attach it so should I just email it to the admissions committee?
If they respond can you update us here please? I sent an email asking about this and they never replied. Thanks!

guess it depends if your update is pre II or post II.

I received this response when I tried to email admissions a pre II update in September:

"Consistent with our published policy, and in order to uphold the highest level of integrity for all of our applicants, we are unable to accept any application updates unless specifically requested. If you have any questions, please let us know."

Finally made an SDN account specifically for this confusing situation. Can someone help figure out what the heck is going on:

Interviewed for SELECT in September (OOS). Waitlisted in October. I have NOT received that email about SELECT waitlist being added to CORE waitlist, nor anything in the mail.

I'm thinking there's a few possibilities:

1) Optimistic: Accepted, hence why I did not receive the update email.
2) Pessimistic: Rejected, hence why I did not receive the update email. (but USF doesn't outright reject anyone it seems so ???)
3) Realistic #1: Because I interviewed earlier in the cycle I wasn't updated on waitlist in the same way as the November interviewees. (but like what? I would appreciate some sort of update haha)
4) Realistic #2: They just forgot to add me to the email lmao. (but some other people didn't get it either?)

I know there isn't any use in speculating, but WolfBoy3000 wants to know! (also this is kind of exciting in a way 🐺:p)
What do you think peeps?
#2 is the only one that doesn't fit. I would assume you are on the WL for Core, but it does seem odd that you didn't get the email or an update. I just got my letter today (dated 1/17), so I'd say give it one more week then poke them for a response.

Finally made an SDN account specifically for this confusing situation. Can someone help figure out what the heck is going on:

Interviewed for SELECT in September (OOS). Waitlisted in October. I have NOT received that email about SELECT waitlist being added to CORE waitlist, nor anything in the mail.

I'm thinking there's a few possibilities:

1) Optimistic: Accepted, hence why I did not receive the update email.
2) Pessimistic: Rejected, hence why I did not receive the update email. (but USF doesn't outright reject anyone it seems so ???)
3) Realistic #1: Because I interviewed earlier in the cycle I wasn't updated on waitlist in the same way as the November interviewees. (but like what? I would appreciate some sort of update haha)
4) Realistic #2: They just forgot to add me to the email lmao. (but some other people didn't get it either?)

I know there isn't any use in speculating, but WolfBoy3000 wants to know! (also this is kind of exciting in a way 🐺:p)
What do you think peeps?
Let's hope its the first!

Does this mean CORE seats are filled up already, since a lot of people from SELECT are being considered directly for CORE now?
Hopefully not, as someone who interviewed core (IS) last week

Has anyone that interviewed for the SELECT program in Nov/Dec received an acceptance? Has anyone who did not receive the SELECT to CORE waitlist email received an acceptance?

Received the waitlist email this thread has been mentioning and a waitlist letter in the mail today.

Thankful for the communication.

Damn the waitlist is gonna be huge now right? Might be tough to get off of it this year.

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but are any other people on the CORE waitlist kind of annoyed all the SELECT kids are now on it as well?

Like I get what happened is out of their control, but now we are being punished for it in a way.

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but are any other people on the CORE waitlist kind of annoyed all the SELECT kids are now on it as well?

Like I get what happened is out of their control, but now we are being punished for it in a way.
AFAIK if you're in-state it shouldn't really affect you. Most SELECT interviewees are OOS and since Core is a publicly run program there is probably a cap of sorts on the number of OOS matriculants they can take

AFAIK if you're in-state it shouldn't really affect you. Most SELECT interviewees are OOS and since Core is a publicly run program there is probably a cap of sorts on the number of OOS matriculants they can take
I hope, I don't want to sound selfish but I obviously was thinking the wait list is going to become a lot more competitive as a result of this.

Yeah, it’s a no-win situation for all parties involved. The same number of applicants in CORE and SELECT are competing for 50 fewer seats as a result of this change

Is it possible that SELECT interviewees are on the waitlist but are not actually being realistically considered for the CORE program? Has anyone that interviewed for SELECT received an acceptance following the merger?

Is it possible that SELECT interviewees are on the waitlist but are not actually being realistically considered for the CORE program? Has anyone that interviewed for SELECT received an acceptance following the
No one knows. However, I speculate that they might be done pulling from select. I applied core and got shuffled to select. If they were actually going to consider me for CORE, I think they would have just interviewed me for that straight up.

This is pretty pessimistic so take it with a grain of salt.

Is it possible that SELECT interviewees are on the waitlist but are not actually being realistically considered for the CORE program? Has anyone that interviewed for SELECT received an acceptance following the merger?
This is exactly what I believe is happening.

Reactions: 3 users
Also got the mail for waitlist, select program, dated 1/16 (one day before the email). The wording was similar to the email but they also added that the committee has reviewed my interview and placed me on the waitlist, which makes sense considering they sent this mail before the seemingly ominous email. I love how they say my app wasn’t negatively impacted but sure!!!!!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
No one knows. However, I speculate that they might be done pulling from select. I applied core and got shuffled to select. If they were actually going to consider me for CORE, I think they would have just interviewed me for that straight up.

This is pretty pessimistic so take it with a grain of salt.
Also got the mail for waitlist, select program, dated 1/16 (one day before the email). The wording was similar to the email but they also added that the committee has reviewed my interview and placed me on the waitlist, which makes sense considering they sent this mail before the seemingly ominous email. I love how they say my app wasn’t negatively impacted but sure!!!!!
Pretty pessimistic over here too honestly, if we were shuffled to Select in the first place we probably won't make it off the core waitlist. I was pretty optimistic about USF since post-interview OOS acceptance rate is ~60% but it probably won't be so high this time.

• Care
Just to confirm, are all post-II notifications sent by mail (A, WL, R) only? Asking because my mailing address is my parents' house and I want to make sure they don't miss anything -- is there an accompanying portal change or email? Mid Dec. CORE interviewee so not sure that I would've heard back yet given the big changes happening.