University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Has anyone gotten an application completion notice from UF? I sent my secondary in two weeks ago, but I still haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the complete e-mail yesterday. I did Priority mail for my app on July 18th, so two weeks later I got complete. It took a while for my peer LOR to get mailed (mailed out on Monday, July 28th).

I went in to the admissions office yesterday and I was told that they haven't sent out "complete" notices yet. The woman I met said look for them next week if I remember correctly. You can always call...the admissions office seemed pretty friendly. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went in to the admissions office yesterday and I was told that they haven't sent out "complete" notices yet. The woman I met said look for them next week if I remember correctly. You can always call...the admissions office seemed pretty friendly. :)

Yeah, I've noticed how friendly they are there! I've called to ask a few questions about the application and they've always been really nice.

That's good to know, though. :) Hopefully I will get mine next week. I really want to go to UF...both of my parents got an MD there!

I received my complete notice yesterday, August 1st. Here's the e-mail:

University of Florida College of Medicine
Office of Admissions
PO Box 100216
Gainesville, FL 32610

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Florida College of Medicine.

We have received your secondary application and letters of recommendation including your peer letter; your file is complete. Your application materials will be sent to our Medical Selection Committee for review. Once a decision is made you will be notified immediately. You may receive our decision at any time between now and March, 2009. You may update your application at any time by providing any materials or information you would like the committee to consider.

Interviews begin in September and will continue through March.

Please Be Patient!

Sincerely,

Denise Chichester
Office of Admissions
University of Florida College of Medicine
352-273-7990
352-392-1307 FAX

E-mail was titled "UF COM: Secondary File Complete"

I received my complete notice yesterday, August 1st. Here's the e-mail:

E-mail was titled "UF COM: Secondary File Complete"

OK...maybe you should call. I stand corrected. In any event, she told me not to look for anything for at least a week.