University of Illinois-CVM - Application C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
accepted OOS!
i am curious about is how the state budget cuts has affected the vet school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
No letter for me today either UGH...congrats to everyone so far!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone!!!! And to those waiting they'll come soon!!!

accepted OOS!

So, it's hard to say. On one hand, during PP's first year, they had all of class in the anatomy lab because of the budget freeze. On the other, they're planning a boat ton of renovations of the small animal clinics and the new South clinic, which they already have money for.

Reactions: 2 users
Thought the mail was never going to get here lol. Accepted OOS!

Reactions: 4 users
Ugh, you guys had me freaking out all day, first thing I did when I got home was check the mail expecting it to be in there!!

Nothing yet :(

Reactions: 1 users
accepted OOS!
So, it's hard to say. On one hand, during PP's first year, they had all of class in the anatomy lab because of the budget freeze. On the other, they're planning a boat ton of renovations of the small animal clinics and the new South clinic, which they already have money for.
Good times. To be clear...it wasn't budget cuts. The state wouldn't pass a budget at all. The state literally had no budget for like 2 years. Last I checked, things have worked out now but it hasn't been an issue since my first year so I haven't continued to read up on it. Going to reiterate that all that drama was not the school's fault at all.

Currently, no effect. We're starting to resume the renovations that got put on hold. Tbh the budget stuff is old news at this point, it hasn't been a concern in a while. It was a huge concern for my first year, and the summer before bats came.

ACCEPTED IS!! THIS ALPACA IS ACTUALLY COOL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
YOU CAN'T RUSH GREATNESS!!!!
4EB2733B-5754-43EA-9C87-D845057A5756.gif

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
TODAY PLEASE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted OOS (New Jersey) :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping everyone gets their letters today!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted OOS (New Jersey) :soexcited:

I think i met you at the interview! I introduced myself awkwardly right before the 11 am presentation by dean foreman?

Sorry if its not you haha

CANGRAJULASHUNS ANYWAYS

I think i met you at the interview! I introduced myself awkwardly right before the 11 am presentation by dean foreman?

Sorry if its not you haha

CANGRAJULASHUNS ANYWAYS
Hmmm, I didn't go to the 11am talk because my interview was at 11:05. But were you the person I met with their dad like right before my interview?

Hmmm, I didn't go to the 11am talk because my interview was at 11:05. But were you the person I met with their dad like right before my interview?

I went alone :/

Alternate oos not hopeful it was nice meeting all of you

Ok it's gotta be here today if we didn't get it yesterday, right?! I'm going to go crazy if it's much longer!!
:boom:

Were letters sent to permanent address or current?! I’m in California and haven’t recieved anything yet!

Ask Illinois :(

Too bad you couldn't personally choose who on the waitlist got your spot if you chose to give it up. I'd give you mine!! ;)

(No I still haven't made up my mind) haha

Apparently greatness will have to wait even longer :cryi:
waitlisted :(

I’m sorry Ski :( I’ve been checking all day to see what happened. Don’t give up!!!

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but being waitlisted is still an achievement.

Don't lose hope. Our OOS waitlist, like any school, sees a lot of movement. Our IS waitlist typically sees some movement every year. With that being said, its good to still make other arrangements for the coming year.

The last couple years, approximately 20% of IS decline their acceptance and 40-50% of OOS decline their acceptance. A girl on my wildlife team got called in July.

Accepted IS at U of I. Wait listed OOS at CSU and UW.

CSU has been my dream since I realized I wanted to go to vet school. Feeling much more torn about it after letting the crushing weight of an additional $100,000 in debt sink in. Now I wish I'd moved to Colorado last year.

That said, the way U of I structures their curriculum feels implicitly attractive to me. I don't think I'll be disappointed at all if I'm not even given the option of choosing between them and CSU after all.

Edit: Going with the obvious choice. U of I it is.

Last edited:

CSU has been my dream since I realized I wanted to go to vet school. Feeling much more torn about it after letting the crushing weight of an additional $100,000 in debt sink in. Now I wish I'd moved to Colorado last year.

That said, the way U of I structures their curriculum feels implicitly attractive to me. I don't think I'll be disappointed at all if I'm not even given the option of choosing between them and CSU after all.

As a Colorado native (who is not enamored with the state), go with your IS. The 100k is just the initial extra debt. That doesn't even touch how much cheaper it is to live here or the interest over time. A 2020 friend is also from Colorado and was offered a non-sponsored seat (so OOS) and he still picked to go here cause COL is cheaper here.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page set up yet ?

OOS from Colorado ACCEPTED! :D Congrats to all!

As a Colorado native (who is not enamored with the state), go with your IS. The 100k is just the initial extra debt. That doesn't even touch how much cheaper it is to live here or the interest over time. A 2020 friend is also from Colorado and was offered a non-sponsored seat (so OOS) and he still picked to go here cause COL is cheaper here.
CO native here as well, not worth the living prices there. I would pick Illinois over there anyday just because of the cost of living being so insane there.

No, it's been like 5 seconds :p Once deposits start coming in, the school usually makes a page for you guys to start connecting (I think they emailed my class with the link, but idr for sure).

After that, someone from your class puts together a secret group so you can talk more freely

ASA will let you know! ISCAVMA sets up the "public" page and then peeps in your class set up a "private" page

Edit: Ninja'd by PP

CO native here as well, not worth the living prices there. I would pick Illinois over there anyday just because of the cost of living being so insane there.

Yay!! Another Coloradoan!! There's only two that I know of in my class (including myself) and 1.5 in 2020; granted, I also claim Nebraska more than Colorado at this point. You get accepted to CSU?

Congrats to everyone who received acceptances, and good luck to those waiting on alternate seats. I loved the school and the curriculum structure at my interview, I was really pleasantly surprised. I received an OOS acceptance and currently this is looking like my top choice school... but I wondered if any current students knew how changing to IS tuition works? I know it's not cut and dry but I am getting married next year and my husband will then be moving to my location with me. Any knowledge would be greatly welcomed.

Congrats to everyone who received acceptances, and good luck to those waiting on alternate seats. I loved the school and the curriculum structure at my interview, I was really pleasantly surprised. I received an OOS acceptance and currently this is looking like my top choice school... but I wondered if any current students knew how changing to IS tuition works? I know it's not cut and dry but I am getting married next year and my husband will then be moving to my location with me. Any knowledge would be greatly welcomed.
Illinois is VERY difficult to get IS tuition. Not a current student but I've lived here my whole life. You may not have it granted until your spouse has worked in Illinois for a year (the marriage status definitely helps most students don't ever get IS status). In short the sooner he can move to Illinois and start working the better your chances. Some even have their marriages in their desired state (legally they don't care where your ceremony is) to better their chances of IS. If current students want to chime in please do! @batsenecal, @pinkpuppy9 But my top recommendation would be calling and/or emailing the residency office. Good luck and congrats on acceptance :)

Yay!! Another Coloradoan!! There's only two that I know of in my class (including myself) and 1.5 in 2020; granted, I also claim Nebraska more than Colorado at this point. You get accepted to CSU?

Aha, I remember you from interview day! Thanks for keeping the masses entertained while waiting for tours. I had wanted to ask you why you chose Illinois if you were from Colorado but didn't see a good opportunity to do so pseudo-privately.

Aha, I remember you from interview day! Thanks for keeping the masses entertained while waiting for tours. I had wanted to ask you why you chose Illinois if you were from Colorado but didn't see a good opportunity to do so pseudo-privately.

That shenanigans after that first info session was ridiculous. Lol. I know for next year. Yeah, Illinois was my only acceptance, so it was the choice.

No, it's been like 5 seconds :p Once deposits start coming in, the school usually makes a page for you guys to start connecting (I think they emailed my class with the link, but idr for sure).

After that, someone from your class puts together a secret group so you can talk more freely

Haha I was wondering that too! I want to start connecting with you guys!!! :D

Guess we gotta be a little patient. I'm mailing all my stuff on Monday!

Edit: Going with the obvious choice. U of I it is.

I got accepted into CSU vet prep program so I would pay IS tuition even though I am currently an IL resident. Even with establishing residency in Colorado through their program I would still have to pay significantly more money to attend CSU over UofI. The cost of living near CSU campus is more. So I am choosing UofI. I think both schools are great.