University of Illinois-CVM - Application C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You'll hear back either the first or second week of December. Our finals week this year ends the 22nd, so I would anticipate the week before that!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you happen to know if you do not advance to phase two, do they let you know at this point?

Edit:
Meant to quote @SkiOtter's post but for some reason it isn't working on my mobile browser .

If you happen to know if you do not advance to phase two, do they let you know at this point?

Edit:
Meant to quote @SkiOtter's post but for some reason it isn't working on my mobile browser .
As far as I know they tell you at some point around the same time. Not sure if it's the same day of if its a week or two later but you could check last year's thread to see when people were actually notified.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know they tell you at some point around the same time. Not sure if it's the same day of if its a week or two later but you could check last year's thread to see when people were actually notified.

Thanks! I will definitely check that out.

Edit:
Yes. My first try, I received a rejection letter in December.

Yes. My first try, I received a rejection letter in December.

by mail, correct? that is what seems to have happened last year. Thanks! I'll give the mixed mail that we share with our neighbors a more through look from now on lol

by mail, correct? that is what seems to have happened last year. Thanks! I'll give the mixed mail that we share with our neighbors a more through look from now on lol
Yes, it was snail mail. Unless things have changed, I believe U of I does all communications via mail. I think my class was the last class to have the online portal?

Yes, it was snail mail. Unless things have changed, I believe U of I does all communications via mail. I think my class was the last class to have the online portal?
No online portal last year! Can't remember if we got any emails, but I'm not sure any important ones like acceptances or denials or anything went out via email last year. I do know that acceptances were sent via snail mail.

My notification that stated I went onto Stage II was via email in December. My acceptance was via snail mail on March 1.

Just got my rejection email :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not received any emails yet... I'm sorry labrat9 and Rozzieray!

My notification that stated I went onto Stage II was via email in December. My acceptance was via snail mail on March 1.

When did they send out interview invites and do interviews??

Reactions: 1 users
Last year I got my interview invite around Jan. 20. The website says the interview date is Feb. 19, 2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Last year I got my interview invite around Jan. 20. The website says the interview date is Feb. 19, 2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Agreed with this. Invites generally go out mid-January and interviews are mid-February.

Does anyone know if this is the case for those who applied to the DVM/PhD Program?

OOS rejection email just now :(

Last edited:
Has any In state people recieved any news?
I'm oos, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that's gone out so far is rejections if they didn't make it to phase 2. The email saying if you made it should be sent out soonish IIRC and they request that you send fall transcripts at that point too (I think last year they were due mid Jan?) and then interview invites go out a little after the transcripts are due.

CHECK YOUR EMAILS something about portals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's portals again this year?

I don't think so! The email I just got said they are communicating with us via email now. It was to let us know we advanced to phase II and fall transcripts are due :)

Reactions: 2 users

We are adopting a new computerized admissions program and have decided to communicate with you via e-mail rather than through our old status portal.
Fall transcripts are due in our office now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an email that said I had advanced to phase 2 and my application is under review. Interview invites will go out in a month or so.

Congratulations to advancing to phase II guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Onto phase II, so excited! Now to wait until mid January for interview invites!:clap:

Also got and email saying I'm moving onto phase II! Excited!! (OOS)

Got an email today. Made it past phase I and they will send emails approx the 2nd week in Jan for interview invites. Good luck everyone :)

I got the email that I’ve advanced to phase II as well!! Woohoo :D
Good luck everyone!

I also made it onto phase 2 (OOS)! Congrats to everyone else who made it!

Phase II here too! Which is great my phase I is not much to write home about :whistle:

Phase II OOS here as well from e-mail received this morning

Phase II as well! OOS. Do you know how many people they cut between Phase I and II? It says over 350 are offered an interview from Phase II.

OOS on to Phase II! Back to the waiting game :shifty:

Phase II as well! OOS. Do you know how many people they cut between Phase I and II? It says over 350 are offered an interview from Phase II.
Roughly 800-1000 people apply to every school each year. Or those were the stats I kept seeing when I was applying, anyways.