University of Minnesota c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can’t find the interview questions on the UMN SDN page like I can for other schools. Does anyone know if they have something like this? I find it more useful than the general behavioral interview questions because you know those questions were asked in interviews
Schools can block the questions from being posted!

Members don't see this ad.

I can’t find the interview questions on the UMN SDN page like I can for other schools. Does anyone know if they have something like this? I find it more useful than the general behavioral interview questions because you know those questions were asked in interviews
In the interview confirmation form they describe how their interview questions are proprietary or something like that which is probably what makes people hesitant to post questions.

the videos I shared I think give a good idea of what it may be like even if it’s not the exact questions.

Reactions: 1 user
In the interview confirmation form they describe how their interview questions are proprietary or something like that which is probably what makes people hesitant to post questions.

the videos I shared I think give a good idea of what it may be like even if it’s not the exact questions.
I watched the videos and they’re helpful, thanks for sharing them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my interview. I love this school but it's not financially a realistic option. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Is all the interviewees receive invitation to greeting session? Anybody knows? 🙄

• Hmm
just finished my interview and I feel like it went great and awful at the same time

• Care
just finished my interview and I feel like it went great and awful at the same time
i’m sure u did well!! how was it tho? were they nice? how much time did u get to read the prompt before answering them

i’m sure u did well!! how was it tho? were they nice? how much time did u get to read the prompt before answering them

They asked the question directly! You can always ask for them to repeat the question. My interviewers were very nice, nerves definitely got the best of me and I stumbled over my words quite a bit.

Omg I feel like I keep interviewing and going “I love this school” but truly that was one of the best interviews I have had!! The interviewers were so nice, a great conversational flow and didn’t feel like 45 minutes at all!! :) go kill it everyone!!

Now to wait for 2nd week of Feb 😭💕

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Absolutely agree with everything ^^ the interviewers made me love everything about the school except for that price 😫

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely agree with everything ^^ the interviewers made me love everything about the school except for that price

Isn’t it one of the schools that allows you to establish residency after 1 year tho? 🫣

Members don't see this ad :)
were the questions hard or was it easy to think of answers?
The interview prep pdf I think they sent the link for in one of their emails was super helpful about behavioral interviews and had prep questions on it that are very similar to what you’re asked. All I would say is nothing should stump you if you have experiences in life to back them up! :)

Isn’t it one of the schools that allows you to establish residency after 1 year tho? 🫣
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but based on something they said in the informational session the other day, this is not one of the schools where you get in state tuition after a year but you can try to apply for it but they said it is superrrrr hard to get but is technically possible. I’d love to find someone who was OOS who successfully applied for in state tuition after their first year and was successful.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but based on something they said in the informational session the other day, this is not one of the schools where you get in state tuition after a year but you can try to apply for it but they said it is superrrrr hard to get but is technically possible. I’d love to find someone who was OOS who successfully applied for in state tuition after their first year and was successful.
I’d also love to hear from an OOS student about how they handled/ plan to handle the cost. Everyone says go cheapest but UMN has absolutely everything I want in a program and school so it’s going to be hard to turn down if I actually get accepted

The interview prep pdf I think they sent the link for in one of their emails was super helpful about behavioral interviews and had prep questions on it that are very similar to what you’re asked. All I would say is nothing should stump you if you have experiences in life to back them up! :)
I couldn't find the link to this pdf...... would you mind sharing what is the title of that email? Thank you!

I couldn't find the link to this pdf...... would you mind sharing what is the title of that email? Thank you!
I can just attach it since I have the PDF in my downloads!!

Attachments

• Behavioral Interview Handout.pdf
    134.2 KB · Views: 61
were the questions hard or was it easy to think of answers?
what really helped me was making a list of situations/accomplishments that i’m proud of. i ran through those in my head for every question and tried to pick one that would best relate to the prompt

Reactions: 3 users
I think the interview went really well! You guys were right, they were super nice and it flowed like a conversation! Whether I get in or not, i feel good that I feel like I was able to give it my best shot

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Oh, it said for those that interviewed decisions are coming out sometime next week. Phone call first then email for those who get in
thank you! my primary inbox was full so im hoping that's why i didn't get the email 😅 good luck to everyone, we'll all be sweating all of next week <333

Now I’m just stressed!!!

anyone know how many OOS people they interview? or what the chances are of getting in after the interview for an OOS?

anyone know how many OOS people they interview? or what the chances are of getting in after the interview for an OOS?
in the info session they said they don’t release that info bc it stresses people out lol but i found a 2001 study on the vet school admissions process that found that the majority of schools interview ~25% of oos applicants

Y’all Im bugging they said week of the 9th but thats a friday. Does that mean this week or next week? AHHHH

Reactions: 1 users
Y’all Im bugging they said week of the 9th but thats a friday. Does that mean this week or next week? AHHHH
Also bugging. My understanding was it would be this upcoming week, since the following week would not actually contain the 9th.

Im thinking it’ll be this upcoming week, my gut is telling me Thursday. In the past they’ve had really quick turnaround times im p sure!! Last set of interviews were the 2nd if I’m not mistaken, so about a week after the last interviews sounds like the correct timeline based on previous years finding out!

The post interview survey is due on the 7th at noon. I feel like invites would come after that deadline, rather than before so that the decisions don’t affect the survey results

Im thinking it’ll be this upcoming week, my gut is telling me Thursday. In the past they’ve had really quick turnaround times im p sure!! Last set of interviews were the 2nd if I’m not mistaken, so about a week after the last interviews sounds like the correct timeline based on previous years finding out!
Thursday is my bday so ya girl is PRAYING for an acceptance call for my birthday

• Care
A part of me is still wondering if they're going to start calls this afternoon after the survey closes.

A part of me is still wondering if they're going to start calls this afternoon after the survey closes.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m flying down to Florida this afternoon for accepted students tomorrow so of course they’ll call when I’m busy either later today or tomorrow 😩

• Haha
Have they done this in the past or is it usually the day after?
Unfortunately unclear exactly when the surveys ended in previous years, but it seemed very soon after the survey closed they started calling ndi t was in the afternoons. But it very likely will be tomorrow. This is just me being hopeful since they're randomly closing the survey at 12 pm CST! Lol

Y'all are giving me palpitations every time this thread warning goes off :rofl: . Glad we're all in the same boat.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Got a call for OOS acceptance :) Super excited and grateful!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!! just got a call 10 minutes ago, last name starts with G

• Love
Reactions: 3 users