University of Minnesota c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlumPoppy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another year, another thread!

2nd time OOS applicant here. Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if interviews are virtual again this year? The website has links to hotels near campus under the interview section but I don’t think it specifies how they are conducted.

Second time applicant, first time here for OOS! Minnesota silently crept to the top of my list and I'm trying hard not to get unrealistically optimistic yet.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
  • Wow
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone! does UMN have a minimum GPA requirement and/or grade replacement policy? I can't seem to find it on the website. TIA :)

Last edited:
hi everyone! does UMN have a minimum GPA requirement and/or grade replacement policy? I can't seem to find it on the website. TIA :)
To my knowledge there is no minimum GPA requirement, but if you have less than a 2.75 for your overall GPA or last 45 hours then you won't receive any points in those areas when they're scoring applicants. I'm not sure about grade replacement.
Here is a link to the admissions planning guide which has more information.

2nd time OOS applicant from WI (currently at #4 on their OOS waitlist from the last cycle)

If it’s a repeated prerequisite they only include the highest grade in the GPA calculation

In terms of GPA, they don’t have a minimum but the first section of evaluation is GPA and if you don’t make the cut then your application doesn’t move forward

Starting this cycle, they're only looking at your required courses GPA and your last 45 hrs GPA. They're no longer considering overall/cumulative GPA!

(Source: told during meeting w/admissions coordinator)

Starting this cycle, they're only looking at your required courses GPA and your last 45 hrs GPA. They're no longer considering overall/cumulative GPA!

Holy crap that's awesome (at least for me!). I know people have posted it a million times, but is there a calculator or formula for all that? My GPA is very average and nothing to sneeze at, I just like knowing all the numbers they're evaluating.

Holy crap that's awesome (at least for me!). I know people have posted it a million times, but is there a calculator or formula for all that? My GPA is very average and nothing to sneeze at, I just like knowing all the numbers they're evaluating.
VMCAS has a GPA calculator that you can use. It is super helpful!

thank you for this !! 🥳

Third time applicant and this is my first time applying to Minnesota!

Got an application confirmation email from them today!!

Does anyone know if interviews are virtual again this year? The website has links to hotels near campus under the interview section but I don’t think it specifies how they are conducted.
Not sure if someone has responded yet but in one of the info sessions they said the interviews are going to be virtual

Hey! OOS first timer! Does anyone know if they are wholistic or look more at academics?? I have a ton of experience and great LOR with a average GPA

Hey! OOS first timer! Does anyone know if they are wholistic or look more at academics?? I have a ton of experience and great LOR with a average GPA
They tend to be less holistic than other schools

3rd cycle applicant and 1st time OOS for Minnesota!

First application cycle OOS! My state doesn't have a vet school so all my apps were OOS. Good luck everyone!