University of St. Augustine Summer 2014 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CourtneyDPT I feel that I am in the same boat as you. While it does seem that they put a lot of weight on your GPA, there are many other other areas for you to excel. Although
this wait is nerve racking, I just tell myself that it is out of my hands, but yes I hope there they accept more then 50.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
CourtneyDPT I feel that I am in the same boat as you. While it does seem that they put a lot of weight on your GPA, there are many other other areas for you to excel. Although
this wait is nerve racking, I just tell myself that it is out of my hands, but yes I hope there they accept more then 50.
I know, this wait is driving me a little crazy. I am trying to prepare myself for all the possibilities. I just hope we both excelled enough in all the other areas they review to earn our spot. I tell myself the same thing. We've done all we can at this point and it is now all in their hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for the next fall term and I was wondering how long after your portal said that your application is under review by the committee did you receive an interview notice?

I applied for the next fall term and I was wondering how long after your portal said that your application is under review by the committee did you receive an interview notice?
Interview invites were sent out on October 25 for the summer 2014 applicants, regardless of when you completed your application and were said to be under rewview (applications were due October 1st).

I am also applying for fall 2014. I wonder if any of you took GRE at the last minute? My application deadline is Dec.15, and I am taking GRE on Dec.10 (USA knows that). I do not think that my score will be sent to USA by Dec15. If anyone was in my situation, were you still eligible for the current cycle if you took your GRE before the deadline but USA received your scores after the deadline? Or did they have to move you to the next cycle?

I am also applying for fall 2014. I wonder if any of you took GRE at the last minute? My application deadline is Dec.15, and I am taking GRE on Dec.10 (USA knows that). I do not think that my score will be sent to USA by Dec15. If anyone was in my situation, were you still eligible for the current cycle if you took your GRE before the deadline but USA received your scores after the deadline? Or did they have to move you to the next cycle?

They had a message up around the time of the due date that they had a ton of stuff coming in from everyone and to be patient for it to be posted to our accounts, and (most importantly for you) they'd continue to accept stuff after the deadline. Between that and the fact that they know you're taking it the 10th, I'd say you're fine, especially since they took 3.5 weeks to send out interview invites and your scores should be there by then. You could always call and ask if you want to make sure, it can't hurt.

I took my GRE on October 1st, the deadline for summer. It did turn out to be the last document recieved but it wasn't a problem. I called and told her the score right after I took it so the admissions committee could see the unofficial score and they don't look at the analytical writing portion, so you won't have to worry about that.

Thank you VERY MUCH, BrokenDancer and CortneyDPT! I appreciate your replies! It's a wonderful idea to let them know my unofficial score right away! I will do that too.THANKS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Past summer admissions listed on here.they all found out in less than a week.. I think one was like two weeks or something. And my friend got into the January term and found out in less than a week

Yeah I am anticipating sometime this week too. its going to be a nerve racking week, especially once people start to get acceptance phone calls

I originally applied for January and found out within a week that I was waitlisted so now I'm anxiously awaiting decisions for the summer term. Good luck everyone!! :)

Yeah I am anticipating sometime this week too. its going to be a nerve racking week, especially once people start to get acceptance phone calls
I know I feel like ill be so on edge once someone posts in here that they got accepted!

who else has been refreshing their myusa page all day... the anticipation is killing me!

="dptdance, post: 14667604, member: 551991"]who else has been refreshing their myusa page all day... the anticipation is killing me!
Yep! Ive been on that site like white on rice all day. Guess our hopes that it would be today are gone. :/ hopefully it'll be this week soon!

Last edited:
I agree, I checked it a bunch this afternoon, no word yet. Maybe tomorrow? :) I'm sure everyone did great and will get in!

i get nervous every time i see a new msg on this thread lol

Do you guys think they will make the call first and then post it on our portal that we are accepted or will it show up on our portal immediately before we get the call?

Do you guys think they will make the call first and then post it on our portal that we are accepted or will it show up on our portal immediately before we get the call?

for san marcos, they told us that they dont make calls anymore. its gonna be email.

I wonder why they don't make calls anymore. Either way, if I were to be accepted, I would be happy by any means they decided to inform me. They could snail mail my acceptance letter and I'd still be thrilled. But for the FL campus, I was told that they try and make phone calls to most of the students. I'm sure they would love to call everybody, but sometimes email is easier. I am going to just keep checking my portal, my phone and my email just in case. It could be any of those three.

Guess we're not finding out today... boooo.

yeah I think a Monday or Tuesday was wishful thinking lol. Friday seems like a good day for them to tell us, then we can celebrate :claps:

Reactions: 2 users
yeah I think a Monday or Tuesday was wishful thinking lol. Friday seems like a good day for them to tell us, then we can celebrate :claps:
I completely agree. I think they like giving news on Friday so that's my next guess. Hopefully ALL of us will be celebrating!!

Reactions: 4 users
I am wondering if they had an alternative interview date for individuals that may have not been able to make it on the 22nd. I guess that could hold up the decision process as well. I will admit after being down there in shorts sleeves and shorts versus North Carolina where I had to come back and teach with a 2 hr delay because of ice! I got even more excited to get down there and get accepted and soak in some of the warm weather in St. Augustine! :)

No it's been posted before they only do one interview, and in their defense today is the 6th business day. I think they would hold another interview if they couldn't fill their class but I don't see that being the case

I have been checking my phone every 2 minutes!! It's thursday tomorrow, i'm hoping we hear something back! This is a killer!! Should we call on Friday if we don't hear anything back tomorrow? (just a thought)

I have been checking my phone every 2 minutes!! It's thursday tomorrow, i'm hoping we hear something back! This is a killer!! Should we call on Friday if we don't hear anything back tomorrow? (just a thought)
They said in our interview (in San Marcos) not to call before three-week mark. So I wouldn't.

maybe if we all call the same day?

They said in our interview (in San Marcos) not to call before three-week mark. So I wouldn't.

I was also in San Marcos, they said, if you don't hear anything on the 2nd week, then you may call. But friday is only the end of the 2nd week. So probably Monday would be the best time to call.

I was also in San Marcos, they said, if you don't hear anything on the 2nd week, then you may call. But friday is only the end of the 2nd week. So probably Monday would be the best time to call.

I would wait to call until after people start posting on here and you personally haven't heard anything. Since no one else has heard they are probably still finalizing their decision.

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!! DPT San Marcos campus!!!!!!! Everyone check your USA portal! I haven't received an email yet!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!!!! Nothing yet from the St. Augustine campus.

At least on the USA portal

Got into St. Augustine campus!!!! It's on in my portal. So really hope this is not a mistake lol..

Me three for San Marcos campus!!! Had to check my portal but it clearly says I'm accepted :) Congrats to everyone!

Got a call 30min ago from the Florida campus! I'M IN!!!!!

Congratulations to all who have heard so far! I haven't heard anything for DPT FL! Hopefully I am not alone. I am shaking! Gosh I hope to hear (good news) soon too!!

Got into St. Augustine campus!!!! It's on in my portal. So really hope this is not a mistake lol..
Haha i'm sure it's right! I would probably say the same thing! Congratulations!!! :) Thats awesome

Congratulations to all who have heard so far! I haven't heard anything for DPT FL! Hopefully I am not alone. I am shaking! Gosh I hope to hear (good news) soon too!!

I am in the same boat for the FL so you are definitely not alone!!

Yay! Thanks for the update! I haven't received an email yet either but the portal says I'm in!! (San Marcos) woo hoo :)