University of St. Augustine Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am a current DPT student at Austin
Thanks for letting us know! That means they should be letting us (Austin applicants) know by this week right? Hopefully *crosses fingers*

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an interview invite for the Austin campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an interview at Austin! Yayayyayayay, good luck to everyone!

I received an interview for Austin today. The short notice is really frustrating, because the flights are insanely expensive now.

Best of luck to all who have interviews at Austin......Are these interviews for summer semester?

Congratulations y'all! Can't wait to meet you :)

Reactions: 1 user
My husband also got an invitation to interview yesterday 11/24/14 for the summer 2015 Austin St. Augustine program. Last name starts with N so I don't know if they've made it through everyone yet :). Congrats to everyone and good luck!!! *on the edge of our seats over here!*

Hi all!

I applied to the Florida campus for the DPT Summer 2015 program and have been following this forum awaiting to hear about interview invites! I'm wondering if any one else here is waiting to hear from Florida? I still have not received any updates from them!

I have applied to the Florida campus as well for the MOT program and am still waiting to hear anything!

Hi all!

I applied to the Florida campus for the DPT Summer 2015 program and have been following this forum awaiting to hear about interview invites! I'm wondering if any one else here is waiting to hear from Florida? I still have not received any updates from them!
Hey! I applied to the Florida campus for summer, and still haven't heard back :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting for Florida also that sucks if what anu108 said about interviews in January is true but The way it's been going it's probably true......I hate this

Well the good news is that none of us have heard anything! My status still says transcript eval too... I've tried calling Admissions but no one there has gotten back to me. So we'll just have to wait I guess I'm just preparing to not hear anything until the end of the year! Which I agree, really sucks!

I too got an interview at Austin.

Admissions returned my call today :) She said they had a meeting today and that they will send interview invites mid December before their Christmas break, so around the 15th. And they are planning for interviews to be in mid January.

Admissions returned my call today :) She said they had a meeting today and that they will send interview invites mid December before their Christmas break, so around the 15th. And they are planning for interviews to be in mid January.

Is that only in regards to the Florida campus? Or the San Marcos campus, as well?

Received an invitation to interview at the Austin campus. I assumed by 'personal interview' it meant one-on-one, but after reading many of these threads it appears it is a group interview? I am just a bit confused by the wording of my e-mail. Anyone have any feedback?

Either way I am extremely excited to get this opportunity and hope it all works out. Good luck to everyone!

If you log into the candidate portal, it has the following announcement at the bottom:

"SPECIAL NOTICE: Most applications are still under consideration by the Admissions Committee for the May 2015 entering class. As soon as your status changes in any way, we will be in touch with you via email."

Last edited:
Men and Women who applied to the San Marcos Campus in California, any word on when interview invites will be sent out? My application still says it is undergoing a transcript evaluation. It sounds like Texas campus is much further ahead in comparison to the Cali campus.

I also received an interview for the Austin campus DPT program!
I just wanted to say good luck to everyone tomorrow and if your interview is another day good luck as well! I was a little shocked at the short notice but what can you do....

Received an invitation to interview at the Austin campus. I assumed by 'personal interview' it meant one-on-one, but after reading many of these threads it appears it is a group interview? I am just a bit confused by the wording of my e-mail. Anyone have any feedback?

Either way I am extremely excited to get this opportunity and hope it all works out. Good luck to everyone!

The interviews will be held in groups of 2-3 people depending on how many were invited for the interview. They like to hold group interviews to make you fell "less nervous". Hope this helps

Anyone interviewing at the Austin campus tomorrow want to meet up tonight and practice for the interview?

Definitely. I think ill be alright though... are you interviewing tomorrow? Know of anything to do in the Austin area?

Yes I'm interviewing tomorrow. I don't know too much about Austin but I have visited here before. Are you going to go out for a bit this evening?

I just attended the interview this past Friday in Austin. Does anyone happen to know how many of the people there were interviewing for OT? Also, if anyone has any questions about the day, the interview, or anything, feel free to ask!

I just interviewed in Austin too! I hope we all get in :)

Has anyone applying to the Florida campus for the DPT program had a change in status or heard anything otherwise?

I applied to the MOT program for the Florida campus and mine still says transcript evaluation

I also interviewed last Friday in Austin! I know it's optimistic thinking, but I'm hoping we find out before Christmas. It is all I can think about and I want to stop stressing! Haha.

I also interviewed last Friday in Austin! I know it's optimistic thinking, but I'm hoping we find out before Christmas. It is all I can think about and I want to stop stressing! Haha.

I'm right there with you. The handout we got said 2 weeks or something of the sorts. I'm really hoping I get in there because I really enjoyed the campus, the city, and the vibe I got from the faculty. I hope we find out before Christmas so I can start planning my move soon

I am feeling optimistic not about getting answers before Christmas (although that would either ruin or make the holiday), but the fact the director said they accept 55 students per enrollment period and there was like 49 DPT candidates at the interview. Unless, they either have a smaller cohort or hold a second interview I would say the odds are promising (I really wanted to say ever in our favor). Best of luck to everyone!

I am feeling optimistic not about getting answers before Christmas (although that would either ruin or make the holiday), but the fact the director said they accept 55 students per enrollment period and there was like 49 DPT candidates at the interview. Unless, they either have a smaller cohort or hold a second interview I would say the odds are promising (I really wanted to say ever in our favor). Best of luck to everyone!

Oh really? Everyone I met was DPT so I wasn't sure how many there were of each out of the 75 or whatever that was there. Well that makes me feel better! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and hope to see everyone soon!

hahah "ever in our favor!" We are on the edge of our seats and hoping for the best!

Getting into PT school is definitely comparable to the Hunger Games. FOR SURE.

We were told it would probably be 3 weeks before we heard, possibly longer due to the holidays.
And yet I still feel the need to check everyday haha

Reactions: 1 users
All I want for Christmas... is to get into the program.

Sigh. I really do hope we hear back sooner than later.

Haven't heard anything from FL either. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester before their Christmas break so I'm assuming we should hear back before the end of the day tomorrow! At least that's what I was told on the phone a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed!

Hi everyone!

I applied to the San Marcos, MOT program. My portal says "Your application is under review by our admissions committee". I am wondering if anyone has heard about interviews yet. I'm getting nervous! Thanks

Haven't heard anything from FL either. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester before their Christmas break so I'm assuming we should hear back before the end of the day tomorrow! At least that's what I was told on the phone a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed!

Did they say specifically that they would let us know about interviews before the holiday?

Did they say specifically that they would let us know about interviews before the holiday?

She said their plan was to send interview invites in mid December and to watch for an email around the 15th...

According to their academic calendar the administrative offices officially close on the 24th, so I assume we'd have up until then.

haha How many times do you check your St. Augustine Admission Status regarding AUSTIN Admission? antsy over here! lol