University of Arizona C/O 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just withdrew my application since I was accepted to my in-state! I wish everyone luck and hope you guys hear good news soon!

Members don't see this ad.

OOS acceptance! Interviewed 1/6 as a second time applicant!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just saw my portal updated to not chosen this time around. I interviewed 1/6 as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of someone getting accepted the second or third round of looking at their application? Or is it pretty much the first time your app is looked at by them?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard of someone getting accepted the second or third round of looking at their application? Or is it pretty much the first time your app is looked at by them?
I was accepted second look. I interviewed the first round in November? And during the first wave of acceptances wasn’t chosen but when they did their second review meeting was accepted!

I was accepted second look. I interviewed the first round in November? And during the first wave of acceptances wasn’t chosen but when they did their second review meeting was accepted!
Same with me! I was accepted after the second time they reviewed my application

Same with me! I was accepted after the second time they reviewed my application
I really appreciate knowing that. That makes me feel so much better. It's been such a a long shot for me to reach Vet school (nontrad, low GPA, all the things) so it's crazy I am even this far and I want to know there is some hope for me yet lol

Hey guys I'm interviewing in 2 weeks ish and wanted to know if anyone has any advice or insight on what the interview was like? I only did one other MMI interview for LMU and wanted to know if it was a similar set up or what to expect!

Hey guys I'm interviewing in 2 weeks ish and wanted to know if anyone has any advice or insight on what the interview was like? I only did one other MMI interview for LMU and wanted to know if it was a similar set up or what to expect!
It's an MMi format very similar to how the Kira assessment worked. You will be given the question while not in front of the interviewer, and will have 2 minutes to think. You then will be automatically put into a room with the person interviewing you and will have 5-7 minutes to answer the question. If you end earlier you will just sit in silence until the timer runs out. Sometimes they have follow up questions, sometimes not.
Overall I didn't mind it at all. The questions are very typical MMI questions, so I would come prepared with a couple scenarios already in mind.

It's an MMi format very similar to how the Kira assessment worked. You will be given the question while not in front of the interviewer, and will have 2 minutes to think. You then will be automatically put into a room with the person interviewing you and will have 5-7 minutes to answer the question. If you end earlier you will just sit in silence until the timer runs out. Sometimes they have follow up questions, sometimes not.
Overall I didn't mind it at all. The questions are very typical MMI questions, so I would come prepared with a couple scenarios already in mind.
Would u say the qs were more vet-med related? Or more general? If u dont mind me asking

Would u say the qs were more vet-med related? Or more general? If u dont mind me asking
I would say they tend to be half and half. So I have had ones that ask generally about an experience you have had and it isn't necessarily about the vet med, but rather more how you deal with a situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say they tend to be half and half. So I have had ones that ask generally about an experience you have had and it isn't necessarily about the vet med, but rather more how you deal with a situation.
Thank you! Helps a lot

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when the next interview date is? Do we think this is the last set of interviews? Does that mean two more review meetings?

I thought that reviews went until the end of March? So like 3 more? But I am not sure exactly about that. I feel like a quick email to the admissions department will probably clear it up :)

Does anyone have any information on the third (clinical) year? Do we have any say in where we go? Do we all stay in AZ? Etc. Any information that y’all have would be majorly appreciated!

Does anyone have any information on the third (clinical) year? Do we have any say in where we go? Do we all stay in AZ? Etc. Any information that y’all have would be majorly appreciated!

They said in the very first post interview q&a that they cant guaruntee that we get all or even any of our rotations in arizona. They said they work with you to schedule them in places that aren’t too far away from eachother, i.e. not having to fly from nyc to colorado back to massachusetts or something, but I dont think you get to hand choose them? That’s the way it sounded at least I’m not sure. Someone asked if they guaruntee housing and that is pretty much a no. Some places have housing but it sounded like most dont and students seek out short term rentals like air bnb. They said this process has been going smoothly but I’m honestly a bit worried. Any input from people who have done it or know anyone who has would be so great.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else waiting for the optional chat w/ admissions in zoom right now? Confused if it's supposed to happen today, it said the Friday before my interview and my interview is next Friday but it was supposed to start 10 min ago

does anyone know if we hear from admissions today since their meeting is today or hear back on monday?

I got the call this morning! In state. Absolutely over the moon. Hoping the best for everyone as well!

My portal updated, not selected again. Has anyone been selected after three times or has anyone OOS been accepted today? Starting to lose hope :(

My portal updated, not selected again. Has anyone been selected after three times or has anyone OOS been accepted today? Starting to lose hope :(
I would email to get an update on if they have viewed your application yet. I did and it appears that they still haven't even looked at mine! Even though this is the second time I thought it was being considered. They have it in queue to be looked at Feb. 29th. So maybe email and see if it truly has been a pass or if they just haven't gotten to it yet.
Personally I am torn between being happy it isn't my app, but also upset that they have made it seem like my application has been looked at twice when in reality it hasn't been seen by the committee at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone else’s status page is blank? I interviewed 1/6 and was “not chosen” at the meeting on 1/31. I briefly saw the message on 2/1, but disappeared since. This last meeting on 2/16 I had not heard anything. I still have no updates nor status. Is anyone else’s like that? I did reach out but thought about looking here to see if anyone else has a similar situation.

Interviewed back in November…… still not selected. I also feel bits of hopelessness but I am also still holding on.

• Care
Interviewed back in November…… still not selected. I also feel bits of hopelessness but I am also still holding on.
Don’t lose hope! I interviewed a while ago too, and I just got accepted after they met a few times and told me I wasn’t selected those times.

I was OOS and was selected on the very last round two years ago haha. That was on March 27th for me. I would not lose hope! Hang in there!!!

This is so unimportant and random, but has anyone been able to find cute UofA CVM merch? Eveything online is not the cutest so I’m wondering if they sell anything good in person?

This is so unimportant and random, but has anyone been able to find cute UofA CVM merch? Eveything online is not the cutest so I’m wondering if they sell anything good in person?

IMG_7537.jpg

Excuse my appearance but I got this sweatshirt made on Etsy after being accepted! Only about $40, great quality and now one of my favorite sweatshirts!

Reactions: 3 users
If you're ever in the Tucson area the UofA Medical Bookstore sells CVM merch as well. They have T-shirts, zip hoodies, and accessories like a mug. They look a lot better than the online store ones!

Do we think all interviews have been conducted?
In an email I got from them post-interview in December, they said that MMI's will be done on March 18th. So it seems like there is still at least one more MMI session until they are done with interviews.

In an email I got from them post-interview in December, they said that MMI's will be done on March 18th. So it seems like there is still at least one more MMI session until they are done with interviews.
Then I guess their last admission decision will be similar to last year around beginning of April?

Just declined by IS seat. Hope someone gets good news soon:)

• Care
OOS acceptance! Got the call at 10am!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I got the update that I wasn’t chosen during this meeting but they’ll review again at the last meeting on 3/15.

I just got the update that I was not chosen. March 15 is the last meeting, so we just have to wait until then!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else just have todays date and “application feedback” with nothing under it?

anyone else just have todays date and “application feedback” with nothing under it?
I would look back at some of the previous posts in this thread. I believe that some people were denied after seeing their updates disappear :/

They aren't denying anyone yet. I think their portal might have a glitch, just email them and ask for an update. I am sure if you didn't get a call today, you are supposed to have the same update as the rest of us, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.