UPenn c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any words of encouragement for those IS who haven't gotten an interview invite yet. I'm starting to feel really discouraged. 🙁
I'm in the same boat. I'm IS and haven't hear anything either. I'm past discouraged at this point 🙁
Im OOS so a bit of a different boat but I'm holding to it is not over until there's a denial notice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS denied after my interview on Friday 1/25. Didn’t do too great in the interview and not a fan of the school so hopefully somebody else who wanted a seat got one!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve heard everything from 9 am to late afternoon. Apparently it’s whenever the interviewer gets some free time.

Also, I’m the guy who sat at the same table as you at happy hour. We’re in the same boat, and I’m sure you’re as anxious as I am!

omg hey guys i’m the other girl from the happy hour table lol i’m in the same boat too no word yet


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I’ve heard everything from 9 am to late afternoon. Apparently it’s whenever the interviewer gets some free time.

Also, I’m the guy who sat at the same table as you at happy hour. We’re in the same boat, and I’m sure you’re as anxious as I am!

omg hey guys i’m the other girl from the happy hour table lol i’m in the same boat too no word yet


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

HI GUYZ!
 
How soon after the interview did y'all find out your decision? I have my interview on February 15th.

Also, congratulations to everyone accepted / waitlisted thus far!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a large animal person interviewing this weekend, seeing people already get accepted when I haven't even interviewed is giving me literal palpitations (but also congrats to you all! I'm just so anxious about it!)

i felt the same way before friday and was so worried but got accepted today so try to stay chill (i know you can't but try) because it could happen for you too! i also am equine focused and had another applicant say in conversation right behind me before my interview that anyone who's large animal but not interviewing on large animal day must suck :annoyed: so if i "suck" and did it you can do it too lmao
 
How soon after the interview did y'all find out your decision? I have my interview on February 15th.

Also, congratulations to everyone accepted / waitlisted thus far!!
Most people find out the following Monday or Tuesday, but it really depends on when the person who is notifying you has time. I didn’t get my acceptance call until 7pm on the Wednesday following my interview. Talk about nail biter.
 
Just got my snail mail acceptance 🙂 anyone know when they do merit scholarships/financial aid?
They notify recipients of recruiting scholarships and need based grants before the decision deadline. Very very few people get these. They should send information about applying for need based grants and FAFSA/other loan applications soon. As for other Penn Vet scholarships you can't apply for them until the end of 1st semester (some are only for 2nd and 3rd year students) and then hear back in February. There are many outside scholarships that I would recommend looking into that have various deadlines.
 
Most people find out the following Monday or Tuesday, but it really depends on when the person who is notifying you has time. I didn’t get my acceptance call until 7pm on the Wednesday following my interview. Talk about nail biter.

This makes me feel like there’s still hope because I thought my interview went well and now I’m totally freaking out because I completely fell in love on Friday
 
Most people find out the following Monday or Tuesday, but it really depends on when the person who is notifying you has time. I didn’t get my acceptance call until 7pm on the Wednesday following my interview. Talk about nail biter.

Do you know when they send out holds and rejections? Is it all at the same time?
 
OOS denied after my interview on Friday 1/25. Didn’t do too great in the interview and not a fan of the school so hopefully somebody else who wanted a seat got one!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Aww sorry 🙁 I hope you get into the schools you liked better! Did you find out via email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my birthday tomorrow all I want is a call from penn....
Happy almost birthday! From talking with you on Friday, it sounds like you’re exceptionally passionate and driven regarding your field, which isn’t a common one to go into. That alone should help. While I hope you get in, I know that somewhere will accept you regardless. How did Tufts go?
 
Happy almost birthday! From talking with you on Friday, it sounds like you’re exceptionally passionate and driven regarding your field, which isn’t a common one to go into. That alone should help. While I hope you get in, I know that somewhere will accept you regardless. How did Tufts go?

Haha thank you lol.
I think it went fairly well, and I really liked the campus too. I’d be happy there as well, but I definitely fell in love with Penn on Friday!