UPenn c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I just finished my interview, and I haven't sent a follow up thank you email to any of my pervious interviewers, but what is everyone's opinion on that? Should I send one or is it unnecessary?
I don’t think it can hurt. I emailed them and one of them even replied. Worst case scenario they ignore it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I just finished my interview, and I haven't sent a follow up thank you email to any of my pervious interviewers, but what is everyone's opinion on that? Should I send one or is it unnecessary?
Not really necessary. I sent an email to my interviewers but I’m just an anxious person. They decide same-day so likely before they would have even seen your email.

Ahh! Just finished my interview. Last one of the cycle for me! Super anxious waiting on Penn and Tufts..

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh! Just finished my interview. Last one of the cycle for me! Super anxious waiting on Penn and Tufts..
Same! Last interview of the cycle! Not really stressful at all because Penn is tooooooo expensive for me and I will not attend if not for a really surprisingly big scholarship anyway. But I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. The interviewers are very nice and conversational, and they seemed genuinely interested about my stories and aspirations. It felt good.

Same! Last interview of the cycle! Not really stressful at all because Penn is tooooooo expensive for me and I will not attend if not for a really surprisingly big scholarship anyway. But I thoroughly enjoyed the interview. The interviewers are very nice and conversational, and they seemed genuinely interested about my stories and aspirations. It felt good.
Speaking to the expense of vet school, is Penn even that bad? I'm comparing Tufts, Penn, LIU, and AVC and they all seem to be between $50,000 to $60,000 a year

Speaking to the expense of vet school, is Penn even that bad? I'm comparing Tufts, Penn, LIU, and AVC and they all seem to be between $50,000 to $60,000 a year
I have at least 3 offers +/- scholarships right now to bring down my debt to less than $100,000, and despite my very strong interest in Penn as OOS, there's no reason for me to take on another $150,000 debt. It's really unfortunate how expensive vet schools are.....:(

I have at least 3 offers +/- scholarships right now to bring down my debt to less than $100,000, and despite my very strong interest in Penn as OOS, there's no reason for me to take on another $150,000 debt. It's really unfortunate how expensive vet schools are.....:(
Yeah I'm OOS everywhere, and the schools I got into already haven't sent out any scholarship info yet, so at the moment I'm looking at an absolutely ridiculous amount of debt (I'm going right from undergrad to vet school and have no savings).

Yeah I'm OOS everywhere, and the schools I got into already haven't sent out any scholarship info yet, so at the moment I'm looking at an absolutely ridiculous amount of debt (I'm going right from undergrad to vet school and have no savings).
The issue isn't so much the tuition differences (although there are some differences that would add up with assumed tuition increases over the next 4-5 years) - it's the cost of living. You CAN live somewhat reasonably in Philly, but it's hard. If you have other offers that are even slightly cheaper tuition and/or have a lower cost of living, those are things that add up over 4 years. What may seem like a paltry $5k difference in tuition one year can turn into close to $30-50k over the course of 4 years, and being able to have a comfortable 2-bed with a roommate for $400 each vs. $700 each will add up!

unnecessary - they're already super busy and meeting lots of applicants
+/- have a class to teach aka my physiology professor who was actively putting together my exam between interviews

I got into Penn and CSU as OOS but chose Penn bc 1) they have great connections and available opportunities and 2) CSU would have actually been more expensive even without my decent Penn scholarship.
I also got into my in-state but, even though I knew many people there and it would have been MUCH more cheap, I didn’t feel like it offered much opportunities for the type of vet I wanted to be.

When do we hear about recruitment scholarships? I was accepted on February 16

When do we hear about recruitment scholarships? I was accepted on February 16
i was accepted on january 11 and recieved my scholarship on february 3! i dont know if this is the average length of time, but the email i got made it sound like scholarship decisions were made right around the same time that admissions decisions were made

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who've been accepted but haven't yet received any recruitment scholarships - is it in bad taste to reach out and tell admissions that you love Penn but you have more affordable options in the hope they might be able to make a better offer?

Reactions: 1 users
I still have not heard anything from Penn...should I just assume I am rejected? I’m not sure what’s the latest date they would send an interview invite.

I interviewed on Friday and i was so excited and prepared to talk about my passions. When it came it seemed as the interviewers were stern, asked very surface-level questions, and neither of them were vets and both already read my app. I just feel they did not get to know me and I wish they would have asked better questions. Hoping i didn't screw it up. anyone have any kind words or have experienced the same thing? it was probably better than i think but i am hard on myself

I interviewed on Friday and i was so excited and prepared to talk about my passions. When it came it seemed as the interviewers were stern, asked very surface-level questions, and neither of them were vets and both already read my app. I just feel they did not get to know me and I wish they would have asked better questions. Hoping i didn't screw it up. anyone have any kind words or have experienced the same thing? it was probably better than i think but i am hard on myself
My interview was exactly the same and I got in. Don't worry about it!

My interview was exactly the same and I got in. Don't worry about it!
thanks a lot! that helps me feel better. it was just not what i expected, everyone said they were so easy going and relaxed but i did not get that vibe at all. it def took me off guard

• Care
I still have not heard anything from Penn...should I just assume I am rejected? I’m not sure what’s the latest date they would send an interview invite.
I haven’t heard anything either. I’m OOs

Ugh I’m dying to get a call !! I can’t focus in my classes. haha

Ugh, my heart just jumped into my throat as I scrambled to pick up an unrecognized number, ended up being spam :(

Anybody else not really know what to say to the person that called them? XD I was just like Thanks! Much appreciated! Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who were accepted, is there an accepted students chat somewhere? Looking to see if there are any available apartments/people looking for roommates in University City

For those of you who were accepted, is there an accepted students chat somewhere? Looking to see if there are any available apartments/people looking for roommates in University City
Yes there's a facebook page! You should get an email with an invite soon after you get your acceptance email!

Yes there's a facebook page! You should get an email with an invite soon after you get your acceptance email!
Awesome!! I haven't gotten my acceptance email yet, just the phone call, so I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit haha

There's a group me that was just started - the link is in the accepted student's page!!!!!

I will be declining my OOS offer so hopefully someone can get off the waitlist!

I know this has been mentioned before but how long do we have to wait to hear if we got a recruitment scholarship or not?

I'm not sure that they have an exact date - I think they have a specific set of funds that they have to offer, and they move down the list as people accept/reject their seats. I'm a current second year and I received my scholarship offer April 3.

I'm not sure that they have an exact date - I think they have a specific set of funds that they have to offer, and they move down the list as people accept/reject their seats. I'm a current second year and I received my scholarship offer April 3.
Is it rude to ask if and when I could get recruitment scholarship from admission? The only reason I'm anxious is that I still have one prereq for Penn and Penn only. If I were to hear in April and it's big enough that I decide to commit to Penn, I'm afraid I don't have enough time to complete said prereq.

Is it rude to ask if and when I could get recruitment scholarship from admission? The only reason I'm anxious is that I still have one prereq for Penn and Penn only. If I were to hear in April and it's big enough that I decide to commit to Penn, I'm afraid I don't have enough time to complete said prereq.
wondering the same thing for comparing different acceptances/options...

Vet schools know that some students will be comparing different offers, and the admissions team is very kind. I think as long as you're professional, and especially if you have a hard deadline, they may provide some information (but your mileage may vary - the answer may be that they don't know or won't know in time for your deadline).