This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThunderDog

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone seen or had experience with someone with my similar stats?

3.9 GPA
500 MCAT
64.4 LizzyM
URM

I interviewed at Houston and Lubbock back in October-November of 2016. I believe my interviews went exceptionally well as we connected pretty easily, but that could just be from my perspective. I sent a letter of intent to Lubbock earlier this year and I have been placed onto their unranked alternate pool. I still have the whole month of June to hear back, but I thought it would be nice to receive some feedback.

I have thought about waiting to re-apply until Summer 2018 to really dedicate time to improving my MCAT score since that is probably killing my chances of going to medical school. I completed my application in September of 2016, so I am thinking if I am complete earlier then I will have a better chance of being invited to more schools.

Also, I have thought of buffing up my application by learning some new languages like Spanish or ASL, or becoming a MRI technician.

What do y'all think? Thank you in advance for your time and input!