• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

RD330

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
Just curious about UT Southwestern. Anyone have any input about interviews or the school?

Canuck99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
RD330 said:
Just curious about UT Southwestern. Anyone have any input about interviews or the school?
Research, research, research.

potato51

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
RD330 said:
I interviewed there 10/22 and was very impressed. Didn't seem to have the malignant atmosphere I've been hearing about, though a 4th year I know just emailed me that "the professors are demanding as FAWK and some of the students are snotty little mofos."

UTSW is big on research of course, but there's something for everyone at the school. Really impressed by Parkland Hospital in particular.

Day is organized very well, esp. since it's on a Saturday. You'll have two interviews in the morning, back-to-back. First will likely be open file, the second closed.

Anything specific you wanted to know about?

About the Ads