You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTK 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did the Kira and still nothing here 🤡Has anyone else not gotten an email yet?? After doing the Kira?
wishfulvetstudent
New Member
I didn’t do the Kira but I still haven’t heard anything eitherHas anyone else not gotten an email yet?? After doing the Kira?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tatertot25
Full Member
I am guessing they won’t reject those of us who did the screening Kira until they fill their class and/or form a decent waitlist and know they won’t need to interview anyone else?
Very odd to me and I feel they are lacking clarity on how the second interview pool works.
Very odd to me and I feel they are lacking clarity on how the second interview pool works.
stephanyvelasco
Full Member
I did the Kira screening and I got an interviewI am guessing they won’t reject those of us who did the screening Kira until they fill their class and/or form a decent waitlist and know they won’t need to interview anyone else?
Very odd to me and I feel they are lacking clarity on how the second interview pool works.
tatertot25
Full Member
I did the Kira screening and I got an interview
Yes, but I was thinking maybe they don’t reject anyone from this pool until they are done interviewing and making decisions? Not sure, just a thought!
Congrats on your interview!
maceykacz
UGA CVM c/o 2029
OOS rejection 🙁 I cried a lot lol but I don’t care anymore because I just got accepted to CSU! I was genuinely so shocked I still cannot believe it is real.
Congratulations to all those with interviews and acceptances, and to those rejected KEEP PUSHING ♡ a rejection is NOT an indication that you won’t be a wonderful veterinarian. I’m proud of all of you and wish everyone the best ♡ ♡
Congratulations to all those with interviews and acceptances, and to those rejected KEEP PUSHING ♡ a rejection is NOT an indication that you won’t be a wonderful veterinarian. I’m proud of all of you and wish everyone the best ♡ ♡
stephanyvelasco
Full Member
Yes maybe the did mention in the Kira email something about a secondary poolYes, but I was thinking maybe they don’t reject anyone from this pool until they are done interviewing and making decisions? Not sure, just a thought!
Congrats on your interview!
stephanyvelasco
Full Member
Does anyone with an interview invite sees the pre-interview information link on the updated email about the interview invitation
The link isn’t there for me eitherDoes anyone with an interview invite sees the pre-interview information link on the updated email about the interview invitation
Megan Upton
Full Member
Is everyone’s pre interview info session today at 6est?
D
deleted1207370
You should add on 1/28 "no response" to the rejection because I still haven't gotten anything lolView attachment 398072
I was so confused that I made a flowchart for their OOS acceptance timeline so far (based off of what I've seen here) (if this makes any sense)
silvery
Full Member
at all? or did you do a pre-screening interview?You should add on 1/28 "no response" to the rejection because I still haven't gotten anything lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gloomyravioli
tOSU '25 | Michigan State CVM '29
I did not do the pre-screening Kira interview & I still have not received any emails at all :/
wishfulvetstudent
New Member
I just got an interview invite 🤔
The least they could do is update us on what is going on. It's making me think less of this school than when I applied tbh. I basically am considering myself on an interview waitlist because my Kira stated they could not offer me an acceptance or interview at this time and that I would potentially be a part of a 2nd pool of interview applicants depending on the Kira. Would be nice if they could just say that though?
gloomyravioli
tOSU '25 | Michigan State CVM '29
Finally received my OOS rejection
0possumTime
Full Member
OOS rejection, no reasoning stated beyond high number of applicants. The "thank you for your patience section" mentions "especially if you completed the supplemental screening interview" which implies that they have sent out bulk rejections today to those who did and did not do the Kira screening.
OOS interview. I just received the notification for my interview at 5am pst and then received the interview link at 10am pst, quick turn around my gosh!
Abagayle Auvil
New Member
SameOOS rejection, no reasoning stated beyond high number of applicants. The "thank you for your patience section" mentions "especially if you completed the supplemental screening interview" which implies that they have sent out bulk rejections today to those who did and did not do the Kira screening.
tatertot25
Full Member
Also got an OOS rejection
SameSame
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
Is anyone that is attending the interview zoom be able to summarize what is said? I work until 6 PM. So the zoom is 5-7 PM for me since I’m in central time.
I can try!Is anyone that is attending the interview zoom be able to summarize what is said? I work until 6 PM. So the zoom is 5-7 PM for me since I’m in central time.
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
Thank you so much!!! I’m gonna try to join ASAP.I can try!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Megan Upton
Full Member
Decisions should come out within 3 weeks after interviews. (From admissions team)
Sorry if this was answered before or in the information session yesterday. Since its through kira is the interview with a live person? If it is in person: Does anyone know the style of the interview? How many interviewers there are or how many questions they ask and how long I'm given per question?
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
It’s with a live person. 2-3 interviewers with 1 being a student. You will have exactly 25 minutes and it will shut down after. They will ask 9-10 questions.Sorry if this was answered before or in the information session yesterday. Since its through kira is the interview with a live person? If it is in person: Does anyone know the style of the interview? How many interviewers there are or how many questions they ask and how long I'm given per question?
OOS rejection with completing pre-screening interview
For another program, the way they did it was each interviewer was a separate call, is that how it works here or would it be all people in one room? How many questions should I prepare as I usually do one per interviewer?It’s with a live person. 2-3 interviewers with 1 being a student. You will have exactly 25 minutes and it will shut down after. They will ask 9-10 questions.
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
Received my OOS rejection yesterday after doing their pre-screening interview. Good luck to everyone who's interviewing and to those that were rejected - don't be too hard on yourself. This cycle has been really rough and you should be proud of yourself for getting through it no matter the outcome!
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
I honestly don’t know I’m sorry! All of the information I said I got from the amazing ShaWalla!! I’m gonna assume that it’s all people in one room. It’s through the KIRA platform and I’ve never used that before until now. I would prepare maybe 2-3 questions? I’m personally gonna have 2 I think. 25 minutes with having to answer 9-10 questions is honestly not a lot of time to ask additional questions. The amount of questions you want to prepare for is up to you.For another program, the way they did it was each interviewer was a separate call, is that how it works here or would it be all people in one room? How many questions should I prepare as I usually do one per interviewer?
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
I thought it well for the most part. I felt really comfortable with the interviewers and they were all really nice. I think the interview being virtual took some pressure off. I had to ask them to repeat the questions a lot, lol. How did you feel about yours?Just finished my interview! How is everybody else feeling about theirs
Mine were really nice too! The whole interview was a lot more laid back than I was expecting. I don’t think it went too badI thought it well for the most part. I felt really comfortable with the interviewers and they were all really nice. I think the interview being virtual took some pressure off. I had to ask them to repeat the questions a lot, lol. How did you feel about yours?
marinaaploeg
UF BHS Candidate '25 | UTCVM DVM Candidate '29
Curious about this too!Is there an incoming students page on social for UTK?
ChocoLabLover
New Member
Had interview in Oct. Have not received an email of denial or acceptance. Does this mean I was denied?
Im not sure, but I just did my interview last Saturday so I would assume no if they are still interviewing!Had interview in Oct. Have not received an email of denial or acceptance. Does this mean I was denied?
Megan Upton
Full Member
Im not sure, but I just did my interview last Saturday so I would assume no if they are still interviewing!
Interviews finished on the 1st
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocoLabLover
New Member
I am ISS. Have all the ISS spots been filled?Interviews finished on the 1st
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
I would contact UTK. Instate acceptances have been sent out already but I don’t know if the ISS spots have been filled.I am ISS. Have all the ISS spots been filled?
ChocoLabLover
New Member
Do you know when they were sent out and was it emailed?I would contact UTK. Instate acceptances have been sent out already but I don’t know if the ISS spots have been filled.
Megan Upton
Full Member
Is ISS international?
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
If you check earlier in this thread around October it can give you a better idea for in stateDo you know when they were sent out and was it emailed?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K