You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTK 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
justachilldude
Full Member
No email... taking it as a no... womp womp
stephanyvelasco
Full Member
Did any of the oos acceptance did the secondary screening?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mgosborne03
Full Member
Nothing for me, definitely feeling like it might just be a rejection
i didn’tDid any of the oos acceptance did the secondary screening?
cherry9911
Full Member
I only got one email from Tennessee in September. Have they sent any other emails/updates since that one? I feel like I’m missing something.
0possumTime
Full Member
I only received the one in September as wellI only got one email from Tennessee in September. Have they sent any other emails/updates since that one? I feel like I’m missing something.
smallclawedotter
KSU CVM c/o 2029, hopeful future DACVSMR
Does anyone know how long after interviews we'll get a decision?
That’s so stressful 😭 I’ve got nothing so farI still have not gotten an email, but my friend who is a UTCVM alum said her interview invite was like a day later than others so I’m just trying not to worry.
Bro if they send rejections at midnight just like Mississippi State I’ll be beside myselfThis feels like Mississippi State 🙁 . No news just waiting for a rejection tonight
cherry9911
Full Member
Do they really do that. That’s sounds awfulBro if they send rejections at midnight just like Mississippi State I’ll be beside myself
I feel like since I haven’t heard anything it’s likely a no but midnight would be diabolical like why not just send it out all at onceDo they really do that. That’s sounds awful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve never heard of them doing it like that before, but that’s what they did this year: acceptances and waitlists were emailed during the day, then rejections went out in the middle of the night. It was indeed diabolical. I hope we’re not in for round two of that with Tennessee 😅Do they really do that. That’s sounds awful
beagle lady
New Member
It seems like most people received either an invite for interview or acceptance today. This makes me think rejections are coming later. Has anyone received a rejection for OOS yet?
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
OOS interview!
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
You are so impressive!! I’ve seen you everywhere with acceptance or interviews!! Congrats!!OOS acceptance !!!
kittybeans19
Full Member
Can anyone that recieved an OOS interview invite or an acceptance share their stats? Also, CONGRATULATIONS !!! I'm still waiting to hear over here 🫠
Can anyone that recieved an OOS interview invite or an acceptance share their stats? Also, CONGRATULATIONS !!! I'm still waiting to hear over here 🫠
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or received interview invites so far! We are all rooting for you and wishing you the best as you make the difficult decision to pick which school you will attend. I was hoping we could start the successful applicants thread since quite a number of schools have released their decisions already (Mods- please delete if not allowed). Here's the format from previous years! ✨
Age, Gender, State/Country of Residence, Traditional/Non-traditional applicant, # of times you've applied:
Applied:
Interview Invites:
Waiting to hear:
Accepted...
Age, Gender, State/Country of Residence, Traditional/Non-traditional applicant, # of times you've applied:
Applied:
Interview Invites:
Waiting to hear:
Accepted...
- vampyrica
- Replies: 191
- Forum: Pre-Veterinary
kittybeans19
Full Member
I am so impressed by your application. I've seen you in several threads and you're doing amazing! You will make a wonderful veterinarian 🫶🏼Check out this thread for my stats!Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted or received interview invites so far! We are all rooting for you and wishing you the best as you make the difficult decision to pick which school you will attend. I was hoping we could start the successful applicants thread since quite a number of schools have released their decisions already (Mods- please delete if not allowed). Here's the format from previous years! ✨
Age, Gender, State/Country of Residence, Traditional/Non-traditional applicant, # of times you've applied:
Applied:
Interview Invites:
Waiting to hear:
Accepted...
- vampyrica
- Replies: 191
- Forum: Pre-Veterinary
thank you so much :') to be honest, I had no faith in myself, that's why I applied to so many schools lol. I'm still in shock that I have the option to pick a school. i'm wishing the best for everyone on here, ya'll have made me feel less alone in this process, haha.I am so impressed by your application. I've seen you in several threads and you're doing amazing! You will make a wonderful veterinarian 🫶🏼
mvaughn2014
Full Member
I wish we could find last years thread to see when we would see rejections coming out.
kelizolson
Illinois c/o 2029
ccgpa: 4.0, uni gpa: 3.97. i graduated December 2023 with a bachelors in biology. i also have my associates in science.Can anyone that recieved an OOS interview invite or an acceptance share their stats? Also, CONGRATULATIONS !!! I'm still waiting to hear over here 🫠
had about 750 hours of small animal ER and then 1000+ small animal GP vet hours. and then 16 large animal GP vet hours.
1.5 year of doing microbiology research under a professor. also prepared lab materials for the biology department for 1.5 years. did collegiate bowling at both my community college and university for 4.5 years in total. also worked concessions at a baseball stadium for 2 summers, worked at a dog boarding place for 1 summer and then worked the snack bar as a cashier/cook for 1.5 year in total at a bowling alley. those jobs were all things during my undergraduate experience. also have over 8+ years of pet sitting experience. my big leadership experience was being apart of a club for transfer biology students at my university and i worked with the club to get a bee apiary installed on campus. all of my volunteer experience was from stuff i did with the collegiate teams i was apart of.
my letters of recommendation were from the vet i work under currently as a VA, one of my collegiate bowling coaches, the professor i did research under plus she taught some of the classes i took, and then the lab supervisor of the biology department who i technically worked for.
I wish we could find last years thread to see when we would see rejections coming out.
kfbrcr8
UGA CVM c/o 2029
Anyone who got an interview, is it scheduled for you on the 31st? Just wondering if they have them set for each person similar to miss state. If so, maybe they sent int invites to those whose interview is 31st, and those whose is scheduled for 2/1 will find out tmmr. Then everyone has exactly a week to prepare i guess idk
lili.consul
Full Member
OOS interview! Going to decline though since I am committed to Cornell
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Megan Upton
Full Member
Anyone who got an interview, is it scheduled for you on the 31st? Just wondering if they have them set for each person similar to miss state. If so, maybe they sent int invites to those whose interview is 31st, and those whose is scheduled for 2/1 will find out tmmr. Then everyone has exactly a week to prepare i guess idk
We won’t find out when which day we interview until Monday.
silvery
Full Member
Same 🙈 I'm dying over hereStill nothing here. I just need the sweet release of a decision
bearbear2001
Full Member
DittoSame 🙈 I'm dying over here
kittybeans19
Full Member
Still haven't heard anything 🥲
mgosborne03
Full Member
So those of us who have not heard anything- should we assume that it’s a rejection?
littlebalto
Full Member
I don’t think it’s worth assuming just yet, but I, personally, am not getting my hopes upSo those of us who have not heard anything- should we assume that it’s a rejection?
mgosborne03
Full Member
I still have not received any communication from UTK…
Should we email them and ask when we might hear??
BlackLabLover_
New Member
I think it’s kind of messed up that they haven’t sent anything about rejections yet and it’s been numerous hours, it’s like twisted torture.
This is one of my biggest bones to pick with the process. They legit take all our money, don’t communicate, but expect us to come running with open arms towards their school/program no matter how they actually treat us throughout the application process.I think the one thing I miss about the undergrad admissions process is that those schools knew they had to make a good impression on us as much as we did for them. The vet schools know we’ll attend if accepted basically no matter what.
This is one of my biggest bones to pick with the process. They legit take all our money, don’t communicate, but expect us to come running with open arms towards their school/program no matter how they actually treat us throughout the application process.
mgosborne03
Full Member
I took one for the team and emailed. Will report back if I get a response 🫡
Megan Upton
Full Member
Has anyone here ever posted on the veterinary school subreddit and just been absolutely bullied about the same stuff we’ve said here? Honestly SDN is refreshing to see I’m not the only one who feels the same everyone here else does.
I’ve been much too afraid of exactly this to even look at the vet school subreddit lolHas anyone here ever posted on the veterinary school subreddit and just been absolutely bullied about the same stuff we’ve said here? Honestly SDN is refreshing to see I’m not the only one who feels the same everyone here else does.
I don’t know why the demographic is so different, but it is. I’m glad our complaining happens in solidarity, at least
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh gosh.. what happened?Has anyone here ever posted on the veterinary school subreddit and just been absolutely bullied about the same stuff we’ve said here? Honestly SDN is refreshing to see I’m not the only one who feels the same everyone here else does.
It's very pessimistic on the subs, both r/veterinaryschool and r/veterinary. I try to not look but, sometimes I just cannot take my mind off admissions and I am already up to date on here, haha. I never leave the subreddits feeling better.
This year definitely feels different than last year. My school list is a bit different so I can't compare the communication one-to-one. But, last year, every single decision I received was released at the same time as everyone else's AFAIK. The only exception being IS seats communication occurring at a different time than OOS communication, which to me, is pretty reasonable. But this year is just wild. Emails at midnight and 2 am, radio silence from some schools, and then these weird staggered updates where some of us are just left in the dark? It's not just this school, like this also happened with other schools so Idk, maybe I wasn't paying as much attention last cycle.This is one of my biggest bones to pick with the process. They legit take all our money, don’t communicate, but expect us to come running with open arms towards their school/program no matter how they actually treat us throughout the application process.
ole1225
New Member
Same here!OOS interview! Going to decline though since I am committed to Cornell
Megan Upton
Full Member
Oh gosh.. what happened?
It's very pessimistic on the subs, both r/veterinaryschool and r/veterinary. I try to not look but, sometimes I just cannot take my mind off admissions and I am already up to date on here, haha. I never leave the subreddits feeling better.
Basically posted that I feel kinda lost on the whole admissions process because of so many deserving people that haven’t gotten in to so many schools and how OOS seems so much harder for those who don’t have an IS (me). I mentioned that I knew my essays were good (only because I had them reviewed by so many professors to make sure they would be, literally every essay was reviewed by at least 3 times by professors) and I was called entitled… so I just deleted the post and only gonna use it keep up to date on my apps left …. It just felt a little belittling. 6 rejections is kind of hard you know. It’s already defeating enough.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K