This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone have letters stored in Interfolio and was told by Sheila Bard to submit them via email?

I emailed my letters to [email protected] as per the lady I talked to on the phone. I was verified in February. I called around March to make sure my application is complete and the same lady told me that it was missing letters. I then told her that she told me I can email them. She found the letters in her email and said she would put them in my application. This was early March.

I called today to ask about the status of my application, and the same lady told me my application wasn't complete and I was missing letters. She said she cannot change the system and that my application will say incomplete, but that she will write a note about my letters.

I doubt that the admissions committee would go through my whole application just to find the "letters have been sent via email" note if my application is marked as incomplete. I am devastated and frustrated. I am mad at myself for not asking my professors to submit via postbaccas and taking the easy way to send them. I am also appalled that she told me it was fine to send them via email, then told me the second time that my application would be okay, and now telling me that I am put in the incomplete file.

It is now completely up to her whether my complete application will reach the admissions committee. I truly doubt it would after what happen the last two instances. Sorry for the long vent.....if you sent your letters via email...please call and make sure she has done her job.
Woow same thing happened to me. I was verified on Postbaccas early march. I called in last week and she said i had letters missing even though she did say i could submit through email. After digging through her email she found my letters. I sent 2 waiting on a doctors letter. I have heard from people that you could submit in the past without a doctors letter. She refuses to add my letters to my application without a doctors letter. The doctor that i asked to write my letter is also having issues submitting through postbaccas. So now i have no idea what to do. She wont add my letters to my application and my third letter also cant send through postbaccas. Its so frustrating thinking i was complete and in line for review. She also said i will always be considered incomplete on postbaccas since my letter wasn't sent directly through the postbaccas. I guess i may not hear back from admissions until June if my application even makes it to the admission committee at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Heyy, What is everyone doing to bypass the time?

Members don't see this ad :)
So what is the status supposed to say on PostBacCas once your application is complete and sent to Bluefield for review? My application is verified and complete with all transcripts and recommendations but the little checkmark next to the "Check Status" tab on the top is still grey. Should it look different? This process is stressful!

So what is the status supposed to say on PostBacCas once your application is complete and sent to Bluefield for review? My application is verified and complete with all transcripts and recommendations but the little checkmark next to the "Check Status" tab on the top is still grey. Should it look different? This process is stressful!

Mine has been like that since December and VCOM informed me they have all of my stuff and app is under "review". As long as everything is verified, you're good.

At least one way or another you will know by July, right? I came upon this thread by accident looking for the application log in site a while ago and got all freaked out reading the posts, but I think it's comforting to just tell yourself it's only 3 more months at the most of uncertainty. Also- just snooped on last year's forum and people that applied in February weren't hearing back until mid-late May. Considering the boost in the number of applications this year and the fact that people may or may not have heard back yet that applied starting in November, it's likely decisions will start coming in next month or so. Also I snooped on FB looking for a group for this year, as well as instagram/twitter for hashtags of happy people that got accepted and nothing came up so maybe that means no decisions have been made yet! This is what is comforting me right now so I hope it will bring some solace to you guys- I know we are all stressed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am not. I am married.

I saw you are married. That's awesome!. My wife and I are hoping to go to VCOM together. We have been looking at houses prematurely just to get an idea and depending on what you want, (for us with children, we need 3 BR, 2BA and a fenced in yard for our huge Saint Bernard) you can find something around 1000 but you would be hard pressed to remain in Blacksburg or Christiansburg city limits and pay less than 1000 unless you want an undergrad destroyed house with filthy carpet and a kitchen in it from 1950 that smells like marijuana and cheese farts. Our likely rent will be around 1200-1500 if we want to live somewhat cozy. Do you have children or pets? There are not a lot of homes around Blacksburg that allow pets but right at VCOM is a daycare facility which is surrounded by the town homes most students live but they are easily 1200-1800/month, however, they often include all utilities and sometimes internet as well at that rate.

I'm studying too. Are you planning to take the MCAT before the program?
yup... in June.... Idk if i'll get into the program though. I submitted my application literally a couple days ago but i got verified in less than a day. I'll also be applying next cycle in addition to the program.

yup... in June.... Idk if i'll get into the program though. I submitted my application literally a couple days ago but i got verified in less than a day. I'll also be applying next cycle in addition to the program.

What's your mcat date? Mine is june 29.

Did you guys get an email or a phone call saying your application had been verified? or just on the PostBacCas? I've been verified on the PostBacCas since mid March, but haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get an email or a phone call saying your application had been verified? or just on the PostBacCas? I've been verified on the PostBacCas since mid March, but haven't heard anything...
i emailed
MABSadmissions@bluefield. edu
and got a response back within a couple of days

Someone said we'd hear something before April 15 but who knows

Who said that?
I’ve read through forums from previous years, and most look like May-June.

Hey guys, So I called the program this morning to ask about holding my application until I receive my MCAT score( after the deadline April 15). She told me that all decisions will be made by the deadline.. I asked her if people submit on the 14th what will happen? She said the decisions will be made by the 21st(my MCAT test date). It's kind of weird to me how they are going to move that fast and make decisions by the deadline. However, that would mean you all should hear something really soon considering its March.. Good luck to everyone... I'll be shocked if I get in due to my previous low MCAT score....

Reactions: 1 users
April 15th is the deadline to apply. No actual guarantee for application notification before then.

April 15th is the deadline to apply. No actual guarantee for application notification before then.
That's correct. No guarantee app notification but that's what she told me.

How many of you are applying from Florida?

Just so you guys are aware, a lot of the acceptances didn't come out until summer last year. I applied at the beginning of March and I didn't get my acceptance until June. I know other people who applied earlier than me and got accepted later than I did (some who applied as early as November and didn't get accepted until July). Some people got accepted the week before the program started. So basically, I wouldn't be worried if you don't hear back for a while! :)

Also, be cautious about emailing the admissions office too frequently. The faculty told us they did not accept some applicants last year solely because they were emailing them too often and seemed too "needy" or "impatient".

Last edited:
Well, I might just push mine back then, especially if we won't find out decisions close to the summer time. I can study more.
I literally took my MCAT 3 days before the program started haha. I would recommend taking as much time as you need, but I would complete it before the start of the program.

I literally took my MCAT 3 days before the program started haha. I would recommend taking as much time as you need, but I would complete it before the start of the program.

Are you planning on staying at VCOM after the post bacc or applying elsewhere?

Are you planning on staying at VCOM after the post bacc or applying elsewhere?
I'm staying here! I am starting the DO program on the Virginia campus in July :)

VCOM is a really great place to be and they really make you feel like you're part of a "family". The faculty has always been there to support us and they really want the best for us. I have some complaints (that I'll discuss if you want to message me), but for the most part I couldn't be more excited to be staying here in the fall!

I'm staying here! I am starting the DO program on the Virginia campus in July :)

VCOM is a really great place to be and they really make you feel like you're part of a "family". The faculty has always been there to support us and they really want the best for us. I have some complaints (that I'll discuss if you want to message me), but for the most part I couldn't be more excited to be staying here in the fall!

Yes, please DM me, I'm not sure how to start a private message.

Hi guys. I completely didn't look at the deadline for the application submission and it's due by April 14th. I only have maybe 10 days. Does anyone have any tips to get the application submitted by then? Do I send my transcripts directly from my school and do I have to attached the cover letter they provide? Also do we have to submit our SAT/ACT scores? I havent taken the MCAT yet and will only do that end of June. Any help is appreciated. Really wanted to get into this program and sad that I'm late on the deadline.

Hi guys. I completely didn't look at the deadline for the application submission and it's due by April 14th. I only have maybe 10 days. Does anyone have any tips to get the application submitted by then? Do I send my transcripts directly from my school and do I have to attached the cover letter they provide? Also do we have to submit our SAT/ACT scores? I havent taken the MCAT yet and will only do that end of June. Any help is appreciated. Really wanted to get into this program and sad that I'm late on the deadline.
Hey, you should be able to request your transcripts to be sent electronically to PostBacCAS (thats what I did). On the section of the test just enter the date you plan to take your MCAT and if you have those scores for the SAT/ACT score enter those, there should be a section.

Hey, you should be able to request your transcripts to be sent electronically to PostBacCAS (thats what I did). On the section of the test just enter the date you plan to take your MCAT and if you have those scores for the SAT/ACT score enter those, there should be a section.
Thanks so much! Also there is an attachment section for the electronic portion for my college. Do I attach the transcript request form there?

Thanks so much! Also there is an attachment section for the electronic portion for my college. Do I attach the transcript request form there?
yes you need to so they can send it directly where it needs to be. You need to have that app completed soon.

yes you need to so they can send it directly where it needs to be. You need to have that app completed soon.
I have two exams to study for so I will be able to dedicate my time for it starting tomorrow. What would be the most efficient way to complete the app? Should I try to submit it by this week? How long did the essays take to write?

I have two exams to study for so I will be able to dedicate my time for it starting tomorrow. What would be the most efficient way to complete the app? Should I try to submit it by this week? How long did the essays take to write?
Focus on your exams first. The essays didn't take very long. I think you should be able to submit it this weekend if you have everything else completed (CV/Resume) and the rest of the stuff on PostBacCas.

When did the program start when you started?

Classes start last week of July I think

I don't know what this means but I just got an email from Bluefield that gave me a login and password and then a message that said, "
If you are a prospective student, you will be emailed a username and password to MyBC as soon as your application is processed to the email address you provided on your application. If you do not receive this information, please email the IT Department. While in the Admissions process, your username will be your ID number and you will be assigned a password.

Your email account, on-campus computer login, and library database access information will be mailed to you in a letter shortly before you begin classes."

That's how my undergrad acceptance came in. At this point, who knows Lolz. Did you try logging in?

That was the message on my account page after logging in. I was expecting VCOM to send out any acceptances or notifications.

That was the message on my account page after logging in. I was expecting VCOM to send out any acceptances or notifications.
That’s better than them being silent, keep checking the portal. Maybe it just takes time to load

It is cool to have some correspondence finally and adds a silver lining, but until it says accept or reject, everything is still up in the air. I will continue to keep everyone on hear in my thoughts and prays. I know everyone truly wants this badly!

It is cool to have some correspondence finally and adds a silver lining, but until it says accept or reject, everything is still up in the air. I will continue to keep everyone on hear in my thoughts and prays. I know everyone truly wants this badly!
Best of luck

Keep your heads up guys! I hope all of y'all find out soon, just stay positive.