VMCAS ..how far along are you? C/O 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to you!

It feels like such a relief to have that done.

Anyway.. off to mail out checks and finish some more supplementals

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to stop by and say Good luck :luck: to all the peps I know from years past....Tigers and Nyanko (luv ya & you rock!), Nittanykitty, I<3Goldens, Rileyroo, Eventer and sorry if I forgot anyone. I know your pretty hyped up today..my thoughts and best wishes are with you guys. Cant wait to hear some good news soon. Keep me posted.

Now back to my regularly scheduled bacteriology class ....

Thanks muchly for the luck. We all appreciate it!

And I ditto twelvetigers - I'm super-glad you're not having to worry about another VMCAS this year! :)

Just re-checking spelling now, then I suppose I should hit submit??!! :eek: Last year I waited just 20 minutes before the deadline!! I don't think I'll be able to force myself to hit submit tonight!!:(

So quick VMCAS question, I've submitted by application, and two evaluators are still finishing their recommendation. I know that is ok to submit the application before LORs are in, but it says that my applications were not mailed. I know they are waiting for my LORs, but just double checking, the VMCAS that are sent out after Oct 2nd aren't late right? As long as everything is submitted by that date on my part, right? Sorry....being paranoid!

Two of my evaluators didn't realize the deadline was so soon. I'm kicking myself for not reminding them sooner, I just kept telling myself "oh, I trust them, I trust them." Note to self: don't trust anybody!

So I know they're both getting written (albeit tonight). Hopefully the last-minute-ness of it all won't show through to the people that read them.

I . . .just . . .can't . . . .hit . . .the button. . .!!

What if this, what if that, and every other terrifying thought possible. . .

I . . .just . . .can't . . . .hit . . .the button. . .!!

What if this, what if that, and every other terrifying thought possible. . .

haha same here. i checked my app like 10 times before submitting today finally. i checked on my PS like it was going to disappear on me or something. lol

just one more supplemental left.

haha same here. i checked my app like 10 times before submitting today finally. i checked on my PS like it was going to disappear on me or something. lol

Good to see I'm not the only one left. . .I actually just added a paragraph to an explanation statement and i'm afraid to send it off without sleeping on it and editing it after. . . .it's not too late to do tomorrow right?

Last eLOR was submitted last night. All done for now.

I did the same. I totally revamped my PS Tuesday night and stayed up til a quarter to 4 finishing it yesterday. Was afraid to submit without reading it after sleeping (a little) to make sure I wasn't delirious. Entering hobbies into community activities, re-reading my PS and I will submit!

Edit: Submitted! Still 2 supplementals to complete. And my Tufts application for next month.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted. Finally able to summon the courage to press that damn button, quite anti-climactic as well, I guess I expected to feel the weight lifted and hear the angels singing praises, nope, no prizes, just waiting now. . .

I submitted the VMCAS Tuesday night. Late, late Tuesday night after entering all my hobbies/activities, etc. etc. that I forgot all about entering until the last minute.

I just submitted the OSU supplemental and it feels SO GOOD to be done with it! :D

Now a little break before tackling the Cornell supplemental and Tufts? I feel like I haven't slept or done anything but applications in weeks!

I just sent in my VMCAS app. Now I feel like puking.

I just sent my VMCAS app last night and submitted my NCSU supplemental about 30 minutes ago...close call! Still have to finish supplement for FSU- but the main stress is out of the way. Good luck everyone!!
PS-Does anyone know when we start to hear about interviews and such?

I'm done with everything. I never thought this moment would come *fights back tears*. Now to sit back, wait, and begin stressing about interview invitations. Do a little dance!:D

Holy effing crap! It got done! My last eLOR got submitted just after midnight PST, with less than 9 hours to spare! I'm gonna make it!

A few final touches on my UIL H1N1 essay and I've got everything for the VMCAS schools done.

Just finished my U of I H1N1 essay with an hour and a half to spare. @_@ but it's in and I am done. Talk about catharsis.

My last eLOR just submitted her evaluation a few minutes ago. Huge of sigh of relief.

Good luck, everyone!

Some close calls! Damn eLOR people. Lol.

Remember this, and if you are asked for one... do it at least a week ahead. For the person you're evaluating's sanity.

I just sent in my VMCAS app. Now I feel like puking.

I know exactly how you feel. When I was about to submit my application, the nausea started to come on. For some reason when I feel nauseous, eating prevents me from actually throwing up. So I quickly made myself something to eat while I waited for all those pages to print out. After I had hit the button I was thinking, "Why do I feel sick? I should be breathing a sigh of relief, not wanting to vomit." Then I realized that the past 8 years of my life were all preparation for this one moment and I almost started to cry. We have all done the best we can and it is in God's hands now. I don't expect to get in this year (my first application cycle), but it was good practice for next time. I wish everyone the best of luck and I can't wait to hear from you all in November when interview invites start to go out!

I'm starting to get cold feet that I'm sure stem not from actual unease about the profession but from the way this process has made me insane.

I'm starting to get cold feet that I'm sure stem not from actual unease about the profession but from the way this process has made me insane.

I am right with you on that one!

Whenever I worry about the application process taking it's toll on my sanity after so many years, I remember that the first vet I worked for applied 17 times before she got in. At last check, she was still about 87% sane. It gives me hope. :D

i am right with you on that one!

Whenever i worry about the application process taking it's toll on my sanity after so many years, i remember that the first vet i worked for applied 17 times before she got in. At last check, she was still about 87% sane. It gives me hope. :hungover:

seventeen???!!

Whoa....17.

That's....bank breaking lol. But I guess the lesson is perseverance.

omg applying seventeen times is like taking out ANOTHER loan for school!! so much $$$!!!

:banana: dancing bananas somehow makes my stomach at ease as it takes my mind off vet school stuff :)