VMCAS ..how far along are you? C/O 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was wondering how you are seeing that your GRE exam was scored already online and when they will be sending the official scores out to the schools?

Didn't do it online. Got nosy and called and asked lol. The lady was really nice too because I asked whether she could tell me the analytical grade over the phone and she was like "well...no not really, but if you just happen to guess it, then I can tell you if you're right" so I just kept going up in .5 increments until she said "hey you got it! Congratulations!" lol

Members don't see this ad.

Finished my supplemental essay today. Now I'm ALL DONE! Now all I have to worry about is football! Go Hokies!:D

Anyone know when Iowa and Penn usually schedule interviews? I'm trying to schedule some surgery and those two don't have approx dates on their websites.

At least when I applied Penn interviewed starting in early january. Iowa I don't know when they interview but I withdrew my application at the end of January and hadn't heard anything at that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Haha, so I feel incredibly stupid asking this because I have looked at the site probably 15 times in the past 3 months, but does Davis have a supplemental? :scared:

^^ don't you have a personal statement to be working on, young lady!?

There are optional supplemental forms: a career diversity essay if you are interested in one of their underserved areas of vet med or the forms for disadvantaged applicants. No mandatory supplemental application or fee, no!

Hey, just because YOU submitted! Yeesh. I'm done with my PS until I get a review from my lovely adcom. Now, I do have some vert morph I could be doing... but that's another matter.

Phew!

Just pressed submit on my VMCAS, NCSU supplemental, CSU Supplemental, and am FedExing out my UPenn suppl.

Although I feel relieved to have this stuff done, I still have work to do on my UFlorida supp, Cornell supp, and the Tufts application.

So I guess I'm still in the trenches for now.

Submitted VMCAS even with one eLOR still incomplete - the evaluator has assured me it will be done (even if October 1st is the likely date). Still have Missouri supplemental to finish up by November and waiting on Wisconsin's to be posted. Feeling very nervous now that it's almost finished...

I still need to submit the VMCAS!:scared::scared:
My last LoR JUST came in about 2 minutes ago and I am sitting here..looking at my PS saying..should I or shouldn't I.. should I..or shouldn't I

Members don't see this ad :)
My last LoR JUST came in about 2 minutes ago and I am sitting here..looking at my PS saying..should I or shouldn't I.. should I..or shouldn't I

You can do it!! I took me over an hour to finally get the courage to hit the submit button. Then, once I hit the submit button I was so happy until it kept asking me if I was absolutely sure that I wanted to submit. Now that it is submitted I am happy that is over but nervous about waiting. Good luck! :luck: You will feel better once it is submitted.

after my last LOR submitted i read over my PS one last time - not to make any changes but to check grammar, spelling, punctuation. Then I submitted. good luck!!!

I submitted yesterday!! The final key stroke is the worst, there was an instantaneous stomach ache that followed. I took my printed application and put it away in my parents house. I'm not looking at it for a long time!!! finishing Iowa and Illinois supp.'s today and tomorrow and then I am....done? :eek:. hopefully I can finally get some good sleep after it's all said and done. I still have to finish my Western stuff, but that doesn't have to be post-marked until the 15th.

wait wait wait... my vmcas submission was so anticlimactic... i was waiting for it to keep asking me over and over if i was sure i wanted to submit... but i really can't remember it asking me at ALL! i checked off that i agreed to all those terms, and i clicked submit after the credit card payment, and it just finished... just like that. i was like "wait... but you didn't ask me over and over like everyone else!!!"

was i just like super oblivious??? i know it did submit because i got an email confirmation.

I didn't have anything in the other/previous applications section and I also didn't have anything in the explanation statement. So it kept telling asking me if I wanted to submit with those left blank. Maybe that is why it asked me so many times. I had to go through 3 different sections agreeing to the statements and then paying. It was kind of nerve-wracking I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. Congrats on submitting!! :)

I didn't have anything in the other/previous applications section and I also didn't have anything in the explanation statement. So it kept telling asking me if I wanted to submit with those left blank. Maybe that is why it asked me so many times. I had to go through 3 different sections agreeing to the statements and then paying. It was kind of nerve-wracking I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. Congrats on submitting!! :)

Thanks DVMDream! ... but i didn't fill out those sections either... obviously, vmcas does not value me as much as it values everyone else:mad: where's the love dude, where's the love?

or maybe it did ask me but in the 3 min it took me to check off those statements, i had amnesia and forgot?

Thanks DVMDream! ... but i didn't fill out those sections either... obviously, vmcas does not value me as much as it values everyone else:mad: where's the love dude, where's the love?

or maybe it did ask me but in the 3 min it took me to check off those statements, i had amnesia and forgot?

Maybe you were less paranoid than I was. I was really paranoid so when it kept coming up with those statements to check off I kept getting more and more paranoid. Or maybe VMCAS loves you so much it didn't feel the need to make you more anxious about your app. At least it is over! Now all we have to do is wait. :scared:

Maybe you were less paranoid than I was. I was really paranoid so when it kept coming up with those statements to check off I kept getting more and more paranoid. Or maybe VMCAS loves you so much it didn't feel the need to make you more anxious about your app. At least it is over! Now all we have to do is wait. :scared:

haha, you always have a way of putting a good spin on things. but yes, i agree. IT IS OVER! maybe if i finish my supplementals tonight i can watch HOUSE and the Lie to Me season premier!

haha, you always have a way of putting a good spin on things. but yes, i agree. IT IS OVER! maybe if i finish my supplementals tonight i can watch HOUSE and the Lie to Me season premier!

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Did you see the 2-hour premiere of House? I am so excited for tonight's epiode, but I have an ecology paper to do, anatomy lab stuff, an exam to study for, and 5 assignments in my on-line class that just started today! I can already feel myself procrastinating. :oops:

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Did you see the 2-hour premiere of House? I am so excited for tonight's epiode, but I have an ecology paper to do, anatomy lab stuff, an exam to study for, and 5 assignments in my on-line class that just started today! I can already feel myself procrastinating. :oops:

I did I did!!! It was awesome! but the psychiatrist kinda reminded me a lot of morpheus in the matrix the way he talked

:eek:

No turning back, I guess....

Attachments

• aaaaaaaa.JPG
    aaaaaaaa.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 151
Holy crap, I just submitted it!!!

It was totally anticlimactic, I was expecting my computer to explode or something along those lines...instead it gave me a credit card transaction receipt and then took away the awful "E-submit" button.

At first I was really panicked because the application didn't look any different, but then I have the email in my inbox to prove it actually went through.

I am so excited to have this done, now all I have to do is mail out my Davis career diversity form and finish my Missouri supplemental! :thumbup: Finally, all that hard work!

This is insane.. I just redid my PS..again..
No more! This is driving me crazy.

I think I'm going to wait to re-read it tomorrow as it's late and by this point I may or may not have been typing gibberish for the last 3 hours.
Tomorrow.I.Will.Submit.My.VMCAS.Application.

unless I need to change my PS again :D

I kid..I kid..

This is insane.. I just redid my PS..again..
No more! This is driving me crazy.

I think I'm going to wait to re-read it tomorrow as it's late and by this point I may or may not have been typing gibberish for the last 3 hours.
Tomorrow.I.Will.Submit.My.VMCAS.Application.

unless I need to change my PS again :D

I kid..I kid..

I totally feel you. I haven't rewritten mine, only because I don't know what I would say, but I"m not sure how much I like mine. It seemed like a good idea at the start...then not so much...now it's gotten a bit better with editing. (Why won't my stupid friends send it back to me edited? I know they read it...)

I've taken a break and am now working on supplemental essays. I think I'm going to take a bath and clear my head. I'm getting nowhere.

i actually managed to get my ohio and csu supplementals done and sent out, and I even watched both tv shows! i just need to send a check out to minnesota tomorrow. my credit card bill for this month is going to bite big time, but i'm not going to think about that right now.

now... i just need to procrastinate a little bit more before starting the cornell supplemental and tufts application.:smuggrin: just wait till around oct 20th, i'll be freakin out all over again!

i actually managed to get my ohio and csu supplementals done and sent out, and I even watched both tv shows! i just need to send a check out to minnesota tomorrow. my credit card bill for this month is going to bite big time, but i'm not going to think about that right now.

now... i just need to procrastinate a little bit more before starting the cornell supplemental and tufts application.:smuggrin: just wait till around oct 20th, i'll be freakin out all over again!

Congrats!! I missed house. :( I was studying/eating some amazing pasta that my roommate's boyfriend made. I will have to watch it online sometime later this week.

Goodluck with House online. That is the only fox show they wait 8 days after initial airing to post. Can you tell I am peeved?

Back on topic, submitted but waiting on one eLOR is horribile, especially when it is your vet reference. I highly recommend NOT doing that and saving yourself the mini panic attacks and feeling like an ass calling to hurry them along.

Goodluck with House online. That is the only fox show they wait 8 days after initial airing to post. Can you tell I am peeved?

Back on topic, submitted but waiting on one eLOR is horribile, especially when it is your vet reference. I highly recommend NOT doing that and saving yourself the mini panic attacks and feeling like an ass calling to hurry them along.

The fox website is dumb. I don't watch it on there. I just google it and find someone else who has uploaded it and watch it from them. :)

Good Luck on your last eLOR I am sure it will work out. :luck:

My last evaluator submitted last night at like 2:30am... I swear I didn't guilt-trip her or anything... lol.

So, VMCAS was submitted today, here's hoping I didn't miss any typos. Supplemental submitted too. I am DONE! And poor. Yes, $200 made me poor.

The fox website is dumb. I don't watch it on there. I just google it and find someone else who has uploaded it and watch it from them. :)

haha, I was wondering how that would appear for the integrity question for the ohio supplemental. and yes, fox website is so DUMB, but they've had such awesome shows lately!!!! drool...

anyone else freaking out that your elors aren't all submitted, and even though you've talked to them and they swear they will get it done you are still paranoid and want to call them daily to remind them?!?!:scared::scared::scared:

haha, I was wondering how that would appear for the integrity question for the ohio supplemental. and yes, fox website is so DUMB, but they've had such awesome shows lately!!!! drool...

Lol... I am not applying to Ohio, but I have a few good examples of losing integrity. After working with clients for over 4 years at various vet clinics, I finally lost my integrity after working a double shift and it being over an hour and a half past closing. Oops, I did apologize to the client, but he realized he was being difficult (complaining about $20). GRRRR!! :mad: I have learned how to better deal with difficult clients like him. So, it benefited me in the long run. :D But, I do have to agree fox does have amazing shows lately, I just wish they were like the other companies and put episodes up the next day instead of 8 days later.

My last two of four eLors both didnt finish until today. It helps if you work day to day with them or are in one of their classes. I would pop my head in TOMORROW, though if possible to remind them that the DEADLINE is FRIDAY and try to nudge them to do something before the 12PM deadline. >>;

My brain is melting. T_T'''

VMCAS in and paid for.
Colorado State supplemental is in and paid for.
Kansas supplemental is in the mail as we speak, check in the mail too.

Auburn application is melting my brain. Have yet to get a passport photo taken. Think they expect all the frazzeled applicants to look like :scared: ?

University of Illinois application is complete, sans the Personal Response.

Physiology and Physics tests tomorrow.

Can someone tell me I'm going to survive? Please? ._. I'm trying to pound out the Auburn essay tonight. *crosses fingers*

anyone else freaking out that your elors aren't all submitted, and even though you've talked to them and they swear they will get it done you are still paranoid and want to call them daily to remind them?!?!:scared::scared::scared:

YES! Still waiting on one.

And trying to get NCSU's supplemental done. I kind rolled what I'm passionate and why I'm unique (like everyone else) in the first essay. Now I'm at a loss for number 2. :eek:

With the exception of my Biology GRE, I AM COMPLETELY FINISHED!

Now I just need to buckle down and play catch up for this semester. :D

I just hit submit on my VMCAS and to all those who haven't done so yet, there were no problems in submitting despite being the last week to turn it in. The website didn't seem in the least bit congested but I don't know what the next couple days will be like. Good luck everyone!

Finally pressed the button! I am putting all of my eggs in one basket for Auburn so we'll see. Now it is the waiting game guys..........:luck:

Just wanted to stop by and say Good luck :luck: to all the peps I know from years past....Tigers and Nyanko (luv ya & you rock!), Nittanykitty, I<3Goldens, Rileyroo, Eventer and sorry if I forgot anyone. I know your pretty hyped up today..my thoughts and best wishes are with you guys. Cant wait to hear some good news soon. Keep me posted.

Now back to my regularly scheduled bacteriology class ....

Just wanted to stop by and say Good luck :luck: to all the peps I know from years past....Tigers and Nyanko (luv ya & you rock!), Nittanykitty, I<3Goldens, Rileyroo, Eventer and sorry if I forgot anyone. I know your pretty hyped up today..my thoughts and best wishes are with you guys. Cant wait to hear some good news soon. Keep me posted.

thank you!! i hope your first semester is going well, good luck with bacteriology :)

Thank you! Good luck with exams and tests, you'll do great!
Don't stress about the small stuff and keeping moving forward. :)

And.. as the official thread starter I am please to inform everyone that I finally submitted my VMCAS application. I refuse to look at the printout just incase I see errors. It's going in a lock box never to be seen again!

Last edited:
I'M DONE!!!! Well almost, still have to send MN a check and WI supplemental does not come out until Nov but for all intents and purposes I am done. Just submitted CSU this morning, whew huge relief.

And I did add a 5th school and feel better for it. Who needs $ to eat? Certainly not me.