VMCAS ..how far along are you? C/O 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting on my last eLOR........................and then I can click "SUBMIT"!!!!!!!!! And then start the UF supplementals....due late October!!
 
Just submitted my OSU supplemental (only school I am applying to, so I am done). Just waiting on one LOR, but it is in progess, so that's good.
 
Thanks Riley and DVMdream! It's a relief to have it done, and I'm refusing to go back and pour over it any more!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted VMCAS today!

Submitted all supplementals over last weekend!

Payed for all that!

Payed for GRE scores to be sent out ($20 each...) to 8 different schools!
Twice!! 😡

Submitted all transcripts a long time ago!


I am DONE! Bwahahhahahaa....



Oh except for TMDSAS, but that's a story in its own...
 
Payed for GRE scores to be sent out ($20 each...) to 8 different schools!
Twice!! 😡

Why did you have to pay for them twice!!!! My goodness. I checked to see if my scores were sent and one of them did not arrive so I contacted ETS and they resent it for free.

That is quite lame, I am sorry.😱
 
Well it's kinda (sorta) my fault for taking the GRE so late. This weekend my newest GRE showed up online as being processed. Payed for them today so they'd go out the door today (though they're going out tomorrow...). Called today to double check that that test was indeed scored and, no it wasn't, it's a glitch in their system. Only my old scores got sent. Awesome!

But I had already payed, and they said it was non-refundable, soo...yah. I have to re-send my new scores (which are overall lower) when they're processed as my quant is better and probably analytical too, and a few schools count highest in each section (CSU does for sure, and I think a few others do too?) so I have to resend. But again it's pretty much my fault for waiting so long, so I can't really complain too much.


Oh by the way, does anyone know of any other schools that count highest in each section?
 
Well that is still a bummer. $20 X 8 schools X 2 sounds expensive!!! I hope you put it on a credit card and got some airline miles out of it😀
 
All I have left is the Missouri supplemental, which I'll do on the plane this weekend. This month's visa bill is going to be really sad, between textbooks, seven transcripts a piece for the six places I'm applying, GRE scores, supplemental fees, and VMCAs fee. Anyone want to buy a kidney?
 
All I have left is the Missouri supplemental, which I'll do on the plane this weekend. This month's visa bill is going to be really sad, between textbooks, seven transcripts a piece for the six places I'm applying, GRE scores, supplemental fees, and VMCAs fee. Anyone want to buy a kidney?

no kidding! my bill comes in this week. can't wait to feel that kick to the stomach 😉
 
All I have left is the Missouri supplemental, which I'll do on the plane this weekend. This month's visa bill is going to be really sad, between textbooks, seven transcripts a piece for the six places I'm applying, GRE scores, supplemental fees, and VMCAs fee. Anyone want to buy a kidney?

I was thinking about donating plasma. 🙂

Well it's kinda (sorta) my fault for taking the GRE so late. This weekend my newest GRE showed up online as being processed. Payed for them today so they'd go out the door today (though they're going out tomorrow...). Called today to double check that that test was indeed scored and, no it wasn't, it's a glitch in their system. Only my old scores got sent. Awesome!

But I had already payed, and they said it was non-refundable, soo...yah. I have to re-send my new scores (which are overall lower) when they're processed as my quant is better and probably analytical too, and a few schools count highest in each section (CSU does for sure, and I think a few others do too?) so I have to resend. But again it's pretty much my fault for waiting so long, so I can't really complain too much.


Oh by the way, does anyone know of any other schools that count highest in each section?

Washington counts highest in each section as well.
 
You think applications are expensive.....wait until you get in. Goodbye good meals, hello Mac n Cheese 🙄
 
Just submitted my VMCAS.... I kind of feel like I am going to puke! 🙂 I have CSU, Davis, and UPenn all done and sent in. Now to finish Cornell's supp. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Working on Missouri and waiting to be sent info about Wisconsin (should be soon).

VMCAS is totally done except for one lousy LOR! I'm going nuts waiting for it - I'd be worried he would forget to write it except he has six or seven others in addition to mine to finish. Hopefully I won't be the only one nagging him. 🙄 Just can't bring myself to submit until that letter is in - what if something goes wrong and I can't get in to fix it? Grrrr.
 
Working on Missouri and waiting to be sent info about Wisconsin (should be soon).

VMCAS is totally done except for one lousy LOR! I'm going nuts waiting for it - I'd be worried he would forget to write it except he has six or seven others in addition to mine to finish. Hopefully I won't be the only one nagging him. 🙄 Just can't bring myself to submit until that letter is in - what if something goes wrong and I can't get in to fix it? Grrrr.


i refused to submit until my final LOR was in. i'm too superstitious for that. 😀 i'm sure you aren't the only other one nagging that evaluator.
 
DONE! All I've got to do is mail out transcripts tomorrow. Oh man what a relief to have that thing off my mind. I really can't believe how long that whole thing took, I started the day VMCAS opened! If I could give one piece of advice to anyone applying next year: start your personal statement now!


Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get in where you want 👍👍👍
 
I wish all the schools I had to send physical checks to would cash them faster. I hate having uncashed checks hanging over my account.
 
DONE! All I've got to do is mail out transcripts tomorrow. Oh man what a relief to have that thing off my mind. I really can't believe how long that whole thing took, I started the day VMCAS opened! If I could give one piece of advice to anyone applying next year: start your personal statement now!

Yup. Just going on record as saying that the second post in this thread is from me on 7/14 saying that I was done with everything but personal statement and explanation statement. I think I just came to grips with those today. So over 2 months....for those two things. 😳
 
yessum, i submitted my supps and vmcas online, sent in my gre scores, and mailed the rest of my supps today. all that's left is the wisconsin supp to come in a month or two. wish they just had it now so i could have gotten that over with.

DONEZO!

:banana::diebanana::hardy:
 
Just have some minor editing to do on my P.S. (sent it back to my friend who is acting as my editor), which is currently EXACTLY 5000 characters (I had to go back and delete the extra space where I had done 2 spaces between sentences) and maybe tweak my explanation statement

All of my transcripts and GRE scores were sent last week. I still have supplementals to do, but I'm so psyched to have written my PS and gone through one editing cycle that it all seems like peanuts in comparison.
 
I don't post much, but if feels so good to be able to post here and say that I'm 100% finished with the VMCAS and my supplemental and both have been submitted. I can't believe how much work the process was! Good luck to all.
 
i refused to submit until my final LOR was in. i'm too superstitious for that. 😀 i'm sure you aren't the only other one nagging that evaluator.

Me too - I keep playing "what if" scenarios in my head if he doesn't finish and I've already turned it in. 😀
 
Me too - I keep playing "what if" scenarios in my head if he doesn't finish and I've already turned it in. 😀

I had that nightmare last year. I had to go ahead and submit, but one of my evals didn't turn in until 8:30 am on October 2nd. :scared:
 
I just submitted my VMCAS!🙂 I'm only applying to VMRCVM and I'm done all the supplemental stuff except for the essay.
 
Last edited:
Here we go, I have finished but I am going to wait till morning to push the submit button. I want to read everything again just to make sure🙂. I printed out the application but everything was out of order, has anyone else had that happen? :luck:GOOD LUCK to everyone:luck:
 
Sounds like I'm the only one that isn't quite done. I'm still editing my PS (I sent it to a few friends who read it, but seem to have forgotten to edit/give me suggestions), but I've finally registered my 3rd LOR, so I'm much less stressed. He verbally agreed to do it several weeks ago, then went on vacation for 2 weeks...while I freaked out because I didn't have his email and it was going to be on such short notice...didn't work on my app since I wasn't sure I was going to have the letter.

Just a couple supplemental essays, final PS tweaks and maybe add more activities and then I'm done.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here we go, I have finished but I am going to wait till morning to push the submit button. I want to read everything again just to make sure🙂. I printed out the application but everything was out of order, has anyone else had that happen? :luck:GOOD LUCK to everyone:luck:

Yes. Mine is all out of order. The people at VMCAS said not to worry about it. When the schools get your app. it will be in the correct order. :luck:

Sounds like I'm the only one that isn't quite done. I'm still editing my PS (I sent it to a few friends who read it, but seem to have forgotten to edit/give me suggestions), but I've finally registered my 3rd LOR, so I'm much less stressed. He verbally agreed to do it several weeks ago, then went on vacation for 2 weeks...while I freaked out because I didn't have his email and it was going to be on such short notice...didn't work on my app since I wasn't sure I was going to have the letter.

Just a couple supplemental essays, final PS tweaks and maybe add more activities and then I'm done.

It will all work out!! Try not to worry too much... You can get it done!! :luck:
 
Still reading PSs here... all caught up now... lots of brutal red comment bubbles and text. Let me know if anyone wants theirs proofread or read again! I think mine is finally... nearing it's final form... I say that, and someone will rip it apart tomorrow. Arg. 🙄
 
hello to all, this is my first post but I've been reading the forms for a while. They are very helpful. I was just wondering if a lot of you are only putting one space after periods. Is that common/o.k.? I haven't done so but it would be nice to have the extra space to write a little more
 
I think there was a whole thread about the one space/two space thing. It is general convention now in the era of fixed-width fonts to only use one space, though many people still use two. I would suggest for your PS only using one for the aforementioned character limit reason.
 
I've found myself in a difficult position and I can't decide if I want to go through with this. I just found out last night that my boyfriend has left me for someone else, so I'm having a really hard time focusing on anything. I have all of my eLORs in and I've sent out my grades and scores. I'm just not sure what to do. I'll probably regret posting this here but I'm just so lost right now. 🙁
 
If I've learned anything about life and boyfriends it's this....NEVER let a relationship alter your future career! If vet school is what you really want then don't let anyone else negatively affect that goal. I've given up a lot of things I've wanted to do in the past because of a boyfriend, and after over 3 years we broke up. I can't say I completely regret every thing I decided not to do because of him, but I can say that I drew the line at my career. I know the grief you are going through because my break up was very recent, but you have to push through and continue living your life.

Sorry for the long rant, but hopefully it is somewhat encouraging. Good luck, and never give up!
 
I've found myself in a difficult position and I can't decide if I want to go through with this. I just found out last night that my boyfriend has left me for someone else, so I'm having a really hard time focusing on anything. I have all of my eLORs in and I've sent out my grades and scores. I'm just not sure what to do. I'll probably regret posting this here but I'm just so lost right now. 🙁

Please don't take this as a condescending comment, but you are going to have a lot worse things in life to deal with than losing a boyfriend. That being said, I'm sure it's a very difficult thing. My advice to you is take this as an opportunity to move on and show the world what you're made of. Own the rest of the application and send that sucker in. Then laugh about this situation in the spring when you're accepted to school. Just think, if you let something like this ruin trying to get into school, how are you going to succeed if you're in school and have something major happen? Plus, take it from a guy - we're just not worth getting upset over 😉. Good luck.
 
Just submitted VMCAS and sent out my last supplemental last night. Never thought I would panic so much over hitting a stupid little button.

:luck:Good luck to everyone who has already turned theirs in, and those still plugging away. Hopefully we can keep panic to a minimum until December. Gosh that seems so far away.
 
Thank you natalieises and Pointer1330, I will get through this. I've worked too hard to give this up now. Your words have been very encouraging and I'm taking them to heart. And I'm sorry to hear about your break up with your boyfriend too, natalieises, you have my sympathy.
 
I've found myself in a difficult position and I can't decide if I want to go through with this. I just found out last night that my boyfriend has left me for someone else, so I'm having a really hard time focusing on anything. I have all of my eLORs in and I've sent out my grades and scores. I'm just not sure what to do. I'll probably regret posting this here but I'm just so lost right now.
Hey if you've come this far already, don't let some jackass screw it up for you.




Uh, with that I have a question: it turns out my GRE scores might not be sent out til the 29th. 😱 Even though I took it on the 15th. Do the schools have to have them in their hands by October 1st or postmarked? I know some schools you can get them there as late as November and they still count but I believe Kansas, for instance, says they want them by October 1st. I suppose that means physically there and not just postmarked? I'm gonna be kind of miffed if the ETS's slowness disqualifies me. I took it a bit late but, really, 15 days to send out scores? And they do it via snail mail, not even electronically.
 
Hey if you've come this far already, don't let some jackass screw it up for you.




Uh, with that I have a question: it turns out my GRE scores might not be sent out til the 29th. 😱 Even though I took it on the 15th. Do the schools have to have them in their hands by October 1st or postmarked? I know some schools you can get them there as late as November and they still count but I believe Kansas, for instance, says they want them by October 1st. I suppose that means physically there and not just postmarked? I'm gonna be kind of miffed if the ETS's slowness disqualifies me. I took it a bit late but, really, 15 days to send out scores? And they do it via snail mail, not even electronically.


Depends on the school, definitely check out their websites. Here's some of the schools I know...

Davis - Last day to TAKE is Oct. 1st
Colorado - Must be SELF-REPORTED by Oct. 2nd on supplemental
Washington - RECEIVED by Oct. 2nd
Florida - RECEIVED by the end of Oct.
U Penn - RECEIVED by Dec. 1st
Ohio - Last day to TAKE is Sept. 30th, must be RECEIVED by Oct. 15th
Wisconsin - Last day to TAKE is Oct. 1st
Tufts - RECEIVED by Nov. 1st
Missouri - RECEIVED by Feb. 1st

Hope that helps.
 
Anyone know when Iowa and Penn usually schedule interviews? I'm trying to schedule some surgery and those two don't have approx dates on their websites.
 
Anyone know when Iowa and Penn usually schedule interviews? I'm trying to schedule some surgery and those two don't have approx dates on their websites.

I dunno off the top of my head, but I would check the Interview feedback pages. People on their write down what dates they had their interview, so I think that's a pretty good indication of when they'll be.

Good luck with the surgery!
 
Congrats to everyone who has submitted so far, especially those of you who are completely finished with vmcas AND supplementals. good luck to everyone else submitting this week!!! i can't believe we are under the one week mark!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey if you've come this far already, don't let some jackass screw it up for you.




Uh, with that I have a question: it turns out my GRE scores might not be sent out til the 29th. 😱 Even though I took it on the 15th. Do the schools have to have them in their hands by October 1st or postmarked? I know some schools you can get them there as late as November and they still count but I believe Kansas, for instance, says they want them by October 1st. I suppose that means physically there and not just postmarked? I'm gonna be kind of miffed if the ETS's slowness disqualifies me. I took it a bit late but, really, 15 days to send out scores? And they do it via snail mail, not even electronically.

Hey there,

I was wondering how you are seeing that your GRE exam was scored already online and when they will be sending the official scores out to the schools? I took my GRE on 9/11 so I am kind of in the same position as you, except that NCSU wants the score in their hands on Oct2nd. Not sure thats gonna happen...but we'll see.

Other than that my last LOR is in, and I'm getting ready to hit submit
 
Exciting time of year for you guys... just wanted to wish everyone good luck!!! If any one ends up with an interview at Penn wants to PM me feel free, I'll give you as much help/info as I can 🙂