This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the Washington State timeline is for sending out interviews? I know they were still sending them as of yesterday, I haven't heard anything yet and for the sake of my sanity I wanted to know when we will know for sure if we got one or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what the Washington State timeline is for sending out interviews? I know they were still sending them as of yesterday, I haven't heard anything yet and for the sake of my sanity I wanted to know when we will know for sure if we got one or not.
Have you asked in your school specific thread or looked at last years thread to see when it has happened in the past

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys ! Any LSU or Oregon state current DVMs or alumni that can give me some pros and cons of the school and life there ? I got into both ! Thank you! Tuition isn't a factor for me luckily so I won't need help deciding on that thank you!!

With the VMCAS opening up earlier now in January as opposed to May, anyone else feeling this added stress to start them again just in case while they hear back from schools?

With the VMCAS opening up earlier now in January as opposed to May, anyone else feeling this added stress to start them again just in case while they hear back from schools?
Goodness no, May to September is plenty of time. Plus, if you have to apply again, VMCAS will save almost all of your information from the first application so you don't need to redo it.

Reactions: 3 users
YOU DONT NEED TO START THEM AGAIN WHILE WAITING TO HEAR BACK. Keep doing extracurriculars and shadowing/working to bulk up your app in case you need to reapply, but don’t worry about starting the app in January when you haven’t even heard back from all your schools. If you end up getting waitlisted everywhere (like me) THEN start slowly working on the app in case you don’t get accepted off a waitlist, but don’t worry about starting the app until after you hear back from everywhere.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys ! Any LSU or Oregon state current DVMs or alumni that can give me some pros and cons of the school and life there ? I got into both ! Thank you! Tuition isn't a factor for me luckily so I won't need help deciding on that thank you!!

@Elkhart, has a Pros and Cons document in his signature.

Reactions: 1 user
You may also want to check out the X vs Y School subforum and potentially make a thread over there, if you haven't already: Help Me Decide: Vet School X vs Y

Goodness no, May to September is plenty of time. Plus, if you have to apply again, VMCAS will save almost all of your information from the first application so you don't need to redo it.
YOU DONT NEED TO START THEM AGAIN WHILE WAITING TO HEAR BACK. Keep doing extracurriculars and shadowing/working to bulk up your app in case you need to reapply, but don’t worry about starting the app in January when you haven’t even heard back from all your schools. If you end up getting waitlisted everywhere (like me) THEN start slowly working on the app in case you don’t get accepted off a waitlist, but don’t worry about starting the app until after you hear back from everywhere.

Thanks! This helps :) I also appreciate the aggressive support :D

Reactions: 1 users

For what it's worth, the only reason VMCAS is opening earlier is because more than 50% of applicants turn their applications in September and a massive chunk of those people turn it in the week it is due. Opening the application cycle early isn't going to change that. People keep their applications until the last week or so because they want to maximize hours, add summer grades to their application, as well as have the best application possible. That's it. So there is zero reason for someone to start their application in January, particularly those with outstanding decisions. This decision was purely to make it easier on VMCAS as they thought if people had more time to do their application, they would turn it in early.

They used to have the application due in October, by the way, and changed it because of this very same "issue". That didn't change anything. More than 50% of applicants aren't turning it in until the last month regardless, just like they used to before.

Does VMCAS just not realize this or something?

I have no idea.

The only way I can see this changing is if vet med applications became more like human med applications and the timeline of turning in your application actually mattering. If VMCAS wants to have more time to handle these applications, they'll need to close VMCAS earlier in the year, then send the applications on the timeline they currently do.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! So I graduated in May 2019 and I sent my transcript to VMCAS. They verified all my courses. But in my application it says NO in degree verified section. Does anyone have the same problem? I called uiuc about the reason why I got rejected and they told me bout that. But I got 7 interviews so I don’t know what happened...

Hey! So I graduated in May 2019 and I sent my transcript to VMCAS. They verified all my courses. But in my application it says NO in degree verified section. Does anyone have the same problem? I called uiuc about the reason why I got rejected and they told me bout that. But I got 7 interviews so I don’t know what happened...
I would call VMCAS directly about this issue.

Reactions: 1 users