Washington State Univeristy c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been searching around the internet trying to find out when WICHE applicants tend to hear back from WSU. Does anyone have any information about this? TYIA!
Earlier in this thread jenjen2020 said they heard back on November 14th last year! I am also WICHE so fingers crossed :).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in kind of a weird situation, maybe someone has some insight. I went to undergrad in NH and still live here, but I believe I will be able to be in-state because of my parents. I spoke to several people at WSU about it, they didn't seem to know much. I'm also not sure if I'm in the in-state pool or if it only counts for tuition. Does anyone have any experience with this? Definitely not stressing out at all. Thanks!

AHHHHH...first time non-traditional OOS playing the waiting game...terribly anxious!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when non-WICHE students will be notified?
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in kind of a weird situation, maybe someone has some insight. I went to undergrad in NH and still live here, but I believe I will be able to be in-state because of my parents. I spoke to several people at WSU about it, they didn't seem to know much. I'm also not sure if I'm in the in-state pool or if it only counts for tuition. Does anyone have any experience with this? Definitely not stressing out at all. Thanks!
Have you talked to the registrars office specifically? They handle all residency issues. Here's the website Residency for Tuition There's even a survey to take that should tell you if you qualify.
Overall if you still have a WA license, registered to vote, car tags, and not filing taxes independent then it's safe to say you're a WA resident. It gets a bit weird if any of those are NH registered.
Does anyone know when non-WICHE students will be notified?
Thanks!
Usually around thanksgiving-mine came the week of thanksgiving (3 years ago) I know last year came I think about a week earlier. So usually around that time frame. IS people usually hear and then out of state

Have you talked to the registrars office specifically? They handle all residency issues. Here's the website Residency for Tuition There's even a survey to take that should tell you if you qualify.
Overall if you still have a WA license, registered to vote, car tags, and not filing taxes independent then it's safe to say you're a WA resident. It gets a bit weird if any of those are NH registered.

Usually around thanksgiving-mine came the week of thanksgiving (3 years ago) I know last year came I think about a week earlier. So usually around that time frame. IS people usually hear and then out of state
Thanks, I've spoken with the registrar, Jill extensively. She wasn't clear on how things work with vet school as opposed to other colleges at WSU. Because I'm financially-dependent, my parent's residency is the one that matters according to that survey. I was just looking for someone who had gone through that process. Thank you.

I’m not sure. Last year I think they sent out invites for interviews around this time.

Reactions: 1 users
My rejection letter came Thanksgiving week last year in the mail. I am an Idaho resident. The other Idaho/Utah/Washington applicants who were accepted started receiving interview invites a few days to a week before I got my letter. Invitations are via email and rejections are via snail mail. I would expect IS/WICHE interview decisions in the next 1-2 weeks. Idk what the timeline is for OOS, but I would check last year's applicant thread.

WIMU applicant here! I was hoping yesterday would be the day since it was the 13th last year. I’ll continue to check my email every five minutes for the next two weeks. :arghh:
Thank you all for the info!

I hope we hear soon.

Do instate and WHICHE hear first or out of state?
Usually IS and WICHE hear first. That being said it usually depends when interviews are so I know one year OOS were before is so oos got their invites before IS but they are usually relatively close in time frame (within 2 weeks) of each other. Since interviews will be virtual this year I'm not sure how that's impacting the timeline if at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions today because I have no patience. I only asked about Idaho, but the guy who answered the phone went to look up the timeline for me. He told me they're running at least a week behind and the schedule for Idaho interview decisions says the week before Thanksgiving. He apologized a lot for how behind they were and said that Idaho applicants could probably expect decisions over the next week and a half. He seemed pretty unsure, which makes me think that he has no clue what's happening and the timeline is still up in the air.

So I guess Idaho decisions soonish? I assume Washington and Montana have similar timelines. Idk about Utah or OOS.
Has anyone heard back yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I called the admissions today because I have no patience. I only asked about Idaho, but the guy who answered the phone went to look up the timeline for me. He told me they're running at least a week behind and the schedule for Idaho interview decisions says the week before Thanksgiving. He apologized a lot for how behind they were and said that Idaho applicants could probably expect decisions over the next week and a half. He seemed pretty unsure, which makes me think that he has no clue what's happening and the timeline is still up in the air.

So I guess Idaho decisions soonish? I assume Washington and Montana have similar timelines. Idk about Utah or OOS.
Has anyone heard back yet?
Thank you for finding out!! Idaho resident waiting to hear back as well. Glad you called!

Just got an interview invite!! WA resident

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an interview invite!! WA resident
Was this the first email you received after the one that said the application is being reviewed by the admissions committee?? Also, would you say that your stats were pretty competitive? Thanks in advance.

Will OOS invites come later? Getting nervous

Also received an interview invite at 3:10! (IS)

Reactions: 6 users
Was this the first email you received after the one that said the application is being reviewed by the admissions committee?? Also, would you say that your stats were pretty competitive? Thanks in advance.
Yes and no...I’m a non-trad and my cGPA isn’t great, but I’ve done a post-bacc the past two years so my prerequisite GPA is a 4.0. But it was my GRE that put me into Tier 1 because my percentile was >80%.

And yes, this was the first communication I received from them since the email that they had received all my application materials.

IS 1st time applicant - no response yet. I am assuming I'll be receiving a decline offer in the mail since IS applicants heard back yesterday?

IS 1st time applicant - no response yet. I am assuming I'll be receiving a decline offer in the mail since IS applicants heard back yesterday?
I know I’m getting quite nervous :/ Thanksgiving is quite close so maybe they emails could be delayed?? I really hope I get an invite bc I thought I had a pretty good chance.

Last year they sent out emails over several days. I wouldn't give up hope yet! (I'm a hypocrite bc I've already accepted that I'm probably going to be rejected)

Last year they sent out emails over several days. I wouldn't give up hope yet! (I'm a hypocrite bc I've already accepted that I'm probably going to be rejected)
Did they send out invites over several days for IS students?? Bc that would make me feel A LOT better 😫

Did they send out invites over several days for IS students?? Bc that would make me feel A LOT better 😫
I typed out a reply to this on my phone and then didn't post it 🤦‍♀️
I want to say invites were sent out over a week last year. It might not have been that long, but it definitely was not a one day thing.
I recommend looking at last year's WSU thread for specifics.

I was looking at last year’s thread and they kept mentioning a portal that is used. I don’t recall getting a link to set up a portal or anything like that. Am I missing something? Or are they not using a portal this year?

I was looking at last year’s thread and they kept mentioning a portal that is used. I don’t recall getting a link to set up a portal or anything like that. Am I missing something? Or are they not using a portal this year?
I didn't get anything to set up a portal, so I guess they ended up not using one this time?

The portal was on their website and was used last year when they didnt have their supplemental application linked to VMCAS. You didnt miss anything.

They seem to do invites in waves so I'm surprised no one else has said anything other than just that 1 day. And it looks like they didnt just do IS WSU, or Idaho, or Utah, it was all together. I dont know if them being behind on things led to this, but dont give up hope just yet. They are probably all on break now because of the Holiday. But, even if you recieve a 'We regret to inform you' letter dont lose hope at that point either. They want to see that you have grit and resilience so let it be a driver that motivates you. Set up a session with Dr. Talcott to go over your application and really dive into what ever she suggests. It sucks when you dont see the fruits of your labors because I was there last year just hoping that I would make it. Dont give up, you can do it!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I figured they would send all the IS applicants on the same day, but who knows..
They seem to do invites in waves so I'm surprised no one else has said anything other than just that 1 day. And it looks like they didnt just do IS WSU, or Idaho, or Utah, it was all together. I dont know if them being behind on things led to this, but dont give up hope just yet. They are probably all on break now because of the Holiday. But, even if you recieve a 'We regret to inform you' letter dont lose hope at that point either. They want to see that you have grit and resilience so let it be a driver that motivates you. Set up a session with Dr. Talcott to go over your application and really dive into what ever she suggests. It sucks when you dont see the fruits of your labors because I was there last year just hoping that I would make it. Dont give up, you can do it!
Appreciate the words of encouragement . This process has been tough and I really admire those who reapplied after having to deal with the rejection. Good luck with your interview!!

IS, first time applying. Just got my rejection letter in the mail. Next year!

Good luck to everyone who hasn’t heard!

Everyone who is IS and has heard back, are you all Washington IS? (Besides KiwiKaykmoku who is Utah IS)
Has anyone received any emails other than on Monday? Any rejections other than gorb?

For some reason, the waiting game is harder for me this year than it was last year.

IS, 2nd time applicant. I received a rejection letter in the mail today. A little bit disheartening since I had gotten an interview last year and was within the top third for the waitlist :( hopefully third times the charm!

On another note, I also saw on the WSU vet med website that the GRE will no longer be required starting the 2021-2022 cycle! :D
https://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/apply (underneath 'Residency Certification' )

Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview invite thus far! You guys are awesome!

Reactions: 3 users
IS, 2nd time applicant. I received a rejection letter in the mail today. A little bit disheartening since I had gotten an interview last year and was within the top third for the waitlist :( hopefully third times the charm!

On another note, I also saw on the WSU vet med website that the GRE will no longer be required starting the 2021-2022 cycle! :D
https://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/apply (underneath 'Residency Certification' )

Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview invite thus far! You guys are awesome!
That's unfortunate, but ti does show how much the applicant pools can differ from year to year. I've been obsessively checking my mail for my rejection letter. I'm getting worried that they may have only sent invites out on one day this year.
Assuming I do get rejected, I'll be applying for the third time next year as well. Good luck to you next year!!

Sorry to those that didn't receive an invite this year-keep trying!!

I was a 3rd year applicant which has nothing to say about how you'll do in school. The admissions process is far from perfect.

Reactions: 5 users
WA resident, 1st time applicant. Received my interview invite via email on 11/23 and a formal invitation letter/folder in the mail on 11/28.
For those of you who got an invite last year but didn’t receive an admission offer, did they tell you why you were not offered an acceptance?

WA resident, 1st time applicant. Received my interview invite via email on 11/23 and a formal invitation letter/folder in the mail on 11/28.
For those of you who got an invite last year but didn’t receive an admission offer, did they tell you why you were not offered an acceptance?
You can ask for a file review once decisions have been made if you are not accepted

Lol sorry for spamming this thread, but those of you who received invites or rejections so far, do you know which tier you were in?

Lol sorry for spamming this thread, but those of you who received invites or rejections so far, do you know which tier you were in?
I am a pretty middle of the road tier 2 on gpa alone. I have a ton of animal experience and research experience though and I will be finishing my Masters in Immunology this summer.
This is my second time applying to WSU, first time being in 2017.

Everyone who is IS and has heard back, are you all Washington IS? (Besides KiwiKaykmoku who is Utah IS)
Has anyone received any emails other than on Monday? Any rejections other than gorb?

For some reason, the waiting game is harder for me this year than it was last year.
Also, I am Washington IS

Interviews are virtual this year, right?
I'm so sad that we don't get to mingle. I was really looking forward to my role as an ambassador.
Yes, they are. I’m pretty sad about it, as well. I was looking forward to visiting campus. Don’t think there’s a good way to replace a face-to-face interview when trying to get to know someone!!

Idaho resident here. I just received an interview invite!

• Love
Idaho resident, interview invite received today!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users