Washington State Univeristy c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are Idaho residents considered out of state?
They're considered in their own pool as far as applications. As far as tuition goes they pay IS tuition because of contracts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to find out which faculty members will be participating in our interview?

Idaho resident. Received a rejection letter today in the mail (12/3).

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
WICHE applicant. I got an interview invite in the mail 12/5 (no email).

Reactions: 3 users
WICHE applicant. I got an interview invite in the mail 12/5 (no email).
I would double check your email you listed and spam folder. They usually always send an email for invites and acceptances. So if all that's correct you might want to check with them just to make sure so that you are getting all correspondences for the future😊

Reactions: 2 users
Oddly enough I also received a WICHE early interest interview offer in the mail yesterday. No email in spam or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
So it is possible that it comes in the mail? Even for OOS?
No clue about out of state but my letter said I can interview for a nonresident spot or choose not to and be accepted if I get WICHE funding from my state? Somewhat confusing but basically it's an OOS interview offer even though I'm in a WICHE state.

Last edited:
OOS interview offer!!! Though I am from Nevada which used to be a WICHE state until this year, and so I’m not sure what I’m considered as.

Reactions: 1 user
No clue about out of state but my letter said I can interview for a nonresident spot or choose not to and be accepted if I get WICHE funding from my school? Somewhat confusing but basically it's an OOS interview offer even though I'm in a WICHE state.
Some WICHE applicants they offer conditional spots if they receive funding but also allow them to be considered for the general OOS spots as well :)

Some WICHE applicants they offer conditional spots if they receive funding but also allow them to be considered for the general OOS spots as well :)
Sweet that is great to know!! KT mentioned something about this way back in April but considering that feels like 3 years ago I appreciate the reminder. Also noticed a typo and am definitely not expecting WICHE funding from my school whoops:rofl:

Maybe they're moving from West to East. That's what I'm going to tell myself.

I am going to accept that if its not out by 5PM, I am not going to check my email anymore

Maybe this will comfort someone else, too, but looking at previous years they send invites out in waves! So if you didn’t get anything today, don’t lose hope yet! :)

Edit: For OOS peeps

Last edited:
Maybe this will comfort someone else, too, but looking at previous years they send invites out in waves! So if you didn’t get anything today, don’t lose hope yet! :)
They didn't do waves for in state or WHICHE this year. Did they last year?

I'm OOS too and just got an interview offer for Jan 28th!

Oof I’m nervous. My GPA and GRE scores are above average from Tier 1 and I haven’t heard anything. OOS first time applicant

They didn't do waves for in state or WHICHE this year. Did they last year?
Oops, I should have specified and said OOS as that's the category I was referring to. I am not sure about IS or WICHE. Sorry about that!
Oof I’m nervous. My GPA and GRE scores are above average from Tier 1 and I haven’t heard anything. OOS first time applicant
I'm in the same boat, except above average GPA😂 Hoping for good news for us!

Oops, I should have specified and said OOS as that's the category I was referring to. I am not sure about IS or WICHE. Sorry about that!

I'm in the same boat, except above average GPA Hoping for good news for us!
Does anyone think they are going to send out more invites?

For those that did receive interview invites today, what are your stats if you feel comfortable sharing?

Does anyone have the tier numbers? They got rid of GRE on the current page.

I hope they are sending more invites for you all waiting. My year was a one in done for OOS interview invites. For everyone OOS remember try not to be too harsh on yourself if you don't get an invite or ultimate acceptance. Your pool is EXTREMELY competitive-even after interviews. There's ~1-2% chance of admission from submission to acceptance depending on the year. While the tiers give you an idea it's definitely not an absolute.

As far as I know all invites&acceptances should have an email accompanying them for those that were asking.

As always I'm around if people have questions! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
For those that did receive interview invites today, what are your stats if you feel comfortable sharing?
4.0 GPA 159V/154Q/4.5
~1200 hours lab animal assistant ~70 hours shelter/ small animal work ~100 research hours
It seems odd if this is the only OOS invites because I haven’t seen very many?

Anyone else out of state hear anything?

Nope! I was neurotically refreshing my email and checked my mailbox twice today :rofl: My stats should be way above Tier 1 so this is a bummer. But WSU is among the schools with lowest OOS admission rates, so let's not get destroyed LOL

But do we know forsure if they are sending more out? They didn't do multiple days for in state or WHICHE etc
That I do not know. Last year they sent out them in different days.
They also had a portal last year, so maybe this one takes longer and will be sent out in waves.

No, but I'm not sure if 100 times is enough to refresh.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone reached out to admissions to ask? Do you think they will tell us if the invitations are being sent out in waves? I feel like other schools have been transparent about their process so it can't hurt to ask!

Reactions: 2 users