Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sweet dreams of acceptances! :sleep:
I won’t be able to sleep tonight lol I’m so nervous!! Tomorrow’s gonna be torture

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gonna be driving 6 hours on I-5N with no signal. I'm gonna die!!! How am I going to refresh my email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about y'all, but I woke up at 6 AM and can't go back to sleep because I'm so anxious for this e-mail. :arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
Same! I know I should just go about my day, but the anticipation is killing me!

Omg, I didn't even think of that. Duh! It's only 6:45am there. Here I am, on the east coast, stressing unnecessarily. Lol

Alright it’s 10:30 in Cali. I’m not patient enough for this

IM DYING AT WORK RN I told my boss I’m sorry I’m gonna be checking my phone like a maniac all day

Maybe at the end of the day so they can leave without being bombarded by calls and emails!

Seriously! And every time I get an email from SDN that somebody commented on the threads I follow, my heart leaps out of my chest!

They are KILLING me right now :arghh: January 8th?!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. They just extended their decision date for 2 weeks from now...

Thank you for your patience as the Admissions Committee and the Dean review the pool of candidates for class selection. As you know, the cycle experienced some unexpected challenges with natural disasters affecting various parts of the U.S. As such, the application service extended the deadline which resulted in significant delays for not only our institution but also many others across the U.S.

The delays have unfortunately affected both the Committee and Dean’s processes. The Dean has informed my office that he is not quite ready to finalize his decisions as he did not receive the pool to review until late last week. He has indicated that he will notify my office the week we return from our holiday closure, the week of January 8th. Over the next two weeks he will be reviewing and finalizing his selections for the class.

In the meantime, we ask that you update, via your application status page, any changes to your email and/or mailing address. We also ask that you notify us in writing (email) if you decide to accept an offer at another institution. You may also withdraw your application on the application status page.

We wish you and your families a safe and happy holiday season and look forward to communicating with in the new year.

Sincerely, Your Admissions Team

Can anyone clarify whether or not we need to send fall transcripts before or after acceptances go out? How does Western want transcripts to be submitted?

Can anyone clarify whether or not we need to send fall transcripts before or after acceptances go out? How does Western want transcripts to be submitted?
I emailed admissions a couple weeks ago about that and they said to submit electronically

I emailed admissions a couple weeks ago about that and they said to submit electronically

Thanks for responding! Did you email them a copy or submit through the application portal? Can it be an unofficial copy?

Thanks for responding! Did you email them a copy or submit through the application portal? Can it be an unofficial copy?
They told me to wait until after the school reopens (Jan 8) to send it, so I’m assuming you can wait until after decisions are sent out!

She said electronically send an official copy to
[email protected]

So do you guys think decisions will be sent out late in the week?

So do you guys think decisions will be sent out late in the week?
I was thinking tomorrow since the email said the Dean would notify the office the week of the 8th with his finalized decisions.

I was thinking tomorrow since the email said the Dean would notify the office the week of the 8th with his finalized decisions.
This week is going to be exhausting. Email checking every 5 minutes!

Reactions: 7 users
Ahh I feel like it’s going to be Friday

Reactions: 3 users
Ahh I feel like it’s going to be Friday
Not to be dramatic but i’m Dying and want to scream
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users
:nailbiting: So nerve wracking! Anyone else want it to just be over regardless of the answer?

Or is that just me...

I have an interview at Midwestern here in AZ (where I am) on the 24th so I will be jumping right back into purgatory no matter what Western says.

My last school I haven’t heard anything from yet is Penn.

All othes I applied to were a No.

It’s my second time applying to
school. First round- no interviews.
:xf:

:nailbiting: So nerve wracking! Anyone else want it to just be over regardless of the answer?

Or is that just me...

I have an interview at Midwestern here in AZ (where I am) on the 24th so I will be jumping right back into purgatory no matter what Western says.

My last school I haven’t heard anything from yet is Penn.

All othes I applied to were a No.

It’s my second time applying to
school. First round- no interviews.
:xf:
How many schools have you interviewed so far?

Thank you for this. I love the energy of the dean.
Same! As a latina I really appreciate that they care about diversity both in regards to race and socioeconomic background.

How many schools have you interviewed so far?
Just Western. I have an upcoming interview with Midwestern. No other interviews for the other schools just rejections.

Just Western. I have an upcoming interview with Midwestern. No other interviews for the other schools just rejections.
Wishing you the best of luck! Hopefully, a token of hope comes our way soon.

Reactions: 3 users
It has to be tomorrow right? Like there’s no way they can extend it again!!!

It has to be tomorrow right? Like there’s no way they can extend it again!!!
If there’s one thing I learned is that in the world of veterinary medicine never say never

Me preparing for tomorrow:
40dc30887f426654a549ed0b750a1045.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
nothing yet? maybe today isn't the day . . .:shrug:

My theory is right before 5PM. So they can walk out the office like byeeeee without getting a million calls and emails. They can just deal with it all on Monday morning.