This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Scholar32

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a re-applicant that just finished undergrad with a 3.2-3.3 science gpa from UNC and DAT 17. I had a bit of a downward trend in just my senior year which caused a big dip in sgpa, but a upward trend my from freshman to junior year (peaking at 3.42 or so). I am retaking the DAT next month and hoping for a 21+ (been studying hard!). I have great extra circulars, research, and community service. Not sure where I stand for this coming cycle given I do well on my DAT - thoughts?

I've been accepted into UNC's masters, Rutgers MBS, and LECOM post-bac and don't know which program will help? Thoughts on this??

Thanks!
 
I don't think your chances are particularly high with the current cycle, but that could change if you do really well on the DAT. It's a pretty big assumption at this point though, so it's definitely good that you've lined up masters/post-bacs just in case. I think any of them will help you as long as you perform really well (if doing UNC's masters helps your chances of admissions there, that's personally what I would pick).
 
I would do a masters program which would give you a better chance of acceptance rather than do a retake. personally, I would do some research on chances of acceptance in all these schools and the cost...
I know someone who went to LECOM's post bacc (did very well) and now goes to their dental school.
Good luck to you.