This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scholar32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a re-applicant that just finished undergrad with a 3.2-3.3 science gpa from UNC and DAT 17. I had a bit of a downward trend in just my senior year which caused a big dip in sgpa, but a upward trend my from freshman to junior year (peaking at 3.42 or so). I am retaking the DAT next month and hoping for a 21+ (been studying hard!). I have great extra circulars, research, and community service. Not sure where I stand for this coming cycle given I do well on my DAT - thoughts?

I've been accepted into UNC's masters, Rutgers MBS, and LECOM post-bac and don't know which program will help? Thoughts on this??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think your chances are particularly high with the current cycle, but that could change if you do really well on the DAT. It's a pretty big assumption at this point though, so it's definitely good that you've lined up masters/post-bacs just in case. I think any of them will help you as long as you perform really well (if doing UNC's masters helps your chances of admissions there, that's personally what I would pick).

Reactions: 1 user
Gotta do well on your retake.

I would do a masters program which would give you a better chance of acceptance rather than do a retake. personally, I would do some research on chances of acceptance in all these schools and the cost...
I know someone who went to LECOM's post bacc (did very well) and now goes to their dental school.
Good luck to you.