Where should I apply?? Please help!!

iroteaser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
- I have a BS from Melbourne Australia, Major Immunology (GPA 2.75)
- Completed Pre dental courses from Rutgers University (science GPA 3.29)
- Chemistry and English courses from a Community college (science GPA 4.0)

DAT scores

AA - 20
TS - 21
PA - 19

I am a NJ resident
-100 hours of volunteering at RWJH
-60 hours of shadowing a dentist

where should I apply? What are my chances of getting into NJDS? worked over 30 hours while studying throughout. I am an artist. Please help!!

Members don't see this ad.

- I have a BS from Melbourne Australia, Major Immunology (GPA 2.75)
- Completed Pre dental courses from Rutgers University (science GPA 3.29)
- Chemistry and English courses from a Community college (science GPA 4.0)

DAT scores

AA - 20
TS - 21
PA - 19

I am a NJ resident
-100 hours of volunteering at RWJH
-60 hours of shadowing a dentist

where should I apply? What are my chances of getting into NJDS? worked over 30 hours while studying throughout. I am an artist. Please help!!

Why don't you just compare your scores to the ones listed in the ADEA Guide and that will answer your question. Immunology is a hard major, but a 2.75 GPA isn't going to be looked upon too favorably here. For the most part, you need to have a 3.5+ GPA (science mainly and cumulative) and scores like yours are average for the DAT (for accepted students).

I encourage you to apply to lots of schools (it's too late for this cycle). Your GPA is going to be the main thing holding you back, maybe apply to some newer schools like LECOM, Roseman, etc...You may be able to sneak an interview. If you don't get in this time, consider doing a 1 year master's program to get your GPA up and apply again. If you really want it, nothing can stop you, right? Best wishes and good luck to you!!!

Why don't you just compare your scores to the ones listed in the ADEA Guide and that will answer your question. Immunology is a hard major, but a 2.75 GPA isn't going to be looked upon too favorably here. For the most part, you need to have a 3.5+ GPA (science mainly and cumulative) and scores like yours are average for the DAT (for accepted students).

I encourage you to apply to lots of schools (it's too late for this cycle). Your GPA is going to be the main thing holding you back, maybe apply to some newer schools like LECOM, Roseman, etc...You may be able to sneak an interview. If you don't get in this time, consider doing a 1 year master's program to get your GPA up and apply again. If you really want it, nothing can stop you, right? Best wishes and good luck to you!!!

Why do you say its too late for this cycle?? I am applying to 10 schools atleast and I have good science backgroud. I had to work full time while studying for my Bachelors. I have an interview with Health professions office and they are writing a committee letter for me. you don't think i stand a chance of getting anywhere?? :(

Why do you say its too late for this cycle?? I am applying to 10 schools atleast and I have good science backgroud. I had to work full time while studying for my Bachelors. I have an interview with Health professions office and they are writing a committee letter for me. you don't think i stand a chance of getting anywhere?? :(

You do have a chance. It seems like you partied hard with Aussies. Whats your overall sGPA? 3.1?