***The Official UMKC School of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
December seems so close yet so far away. Anticipation is killing me!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. All advice is to dress conservatively. Definitely wear a black, navy or grey suit.
Yesterday went really well! Everyone there is so nice, and the current students are so friendly and encouraging!

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how many interviews they send out and how many are done? It's already past the deadline

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how many interviews they send out and how many are done? It's already past the deadline

The stats I have show that about 175 people are invited to interview. They have 3 more interview dates (of about15-20 people each) before December 3rd, but it sounds like they continue to do interviews in January as needed. They will let you know the status of your application by November 1st.

Anyone here get a rejetion from the yet? Just seeing if they have sent any out yet. I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m just going to assume right now that no news is good news.

Anyone here get a rejetion from the yet? Just seeing if they have sent any out yet. I haven’t heard anything yet so I’m just going to assume right now that no news is good news.

I just got my interview invite today, so definitely think no news is good news.

Not sure the standard format for stat sharing but: 3.7 gpa (3.6 sgpa), research heavy in undergrad and current job, ~300 volunteer hours in a non-dental medical field during undergrad, ~85 dental shadowing hours (all general), 28AA/28TS/20PAT

Submitted sept 15, got email from UMKC to pay supplement on oct 1, and got the invite oct 17!

Edited to add: my application is a non-resident, but I was born and raised in MO, I moved to NC in 2013 to attend UNC so lost my resident status

Dang! Congratulations! Hey, could I also ask what you used to study for the Biology and Chemistry (General and Organic) sections of the DAT? I want to re-take it to boost my TS score. Thanks for sharing all of that! :)

Dang! Congratulations! Hey, could I also ask what you used to study for the Biology and Chemistry (General and Organic) sections of the DAT? I want to re-take it to boost my TS score. Thanks for sharing all of that! :)

Of course!

I followed the boot camp schedule exactly for the content review portion. When it transitioned from content to the testing portion, I still followed the schedule exactly for GC and bio. Admittedly, I ignored the OC schedule during this time which might not work for everyone! Once I was confident in the other sections, I dedicated about a week and a half solely to OC. I spent a few days simply reviewing my notes from Chad's lectures and flipping through flashcards. Then I transitioned to the BC tests and destroyer questions. The Destroyer questions absolutely killed me and were very discouraging. Up until my test, I'd get maybe 1/2 of them right. Definitely take the time to review each destroyer question and answers (even if you got the question right!). There is a ton of critical information in the answers. In terms of BC, I was scoring around 20-23.

After my OC review, I had about a week before my test. I transitioned to solely practice tests at this point!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send out rejections before Dec. 3rd? I thought you were here yay or nay on the same day...Dec. 3rd

They can’t tell you if you got in or not but they inform you whether or not you are getting an interview which in my books is a rejection. Last year I got my rejection on Halloween.

Anyone get a hard rejection from them yet?

In the initial e-mail, they stated that interview invitations would be sent out from August to early-October. All applicants would be notified of their application process by November 1st...so we should get an e-mail here any second...

Which is most likely why you received the "rejection" on Halloween, and which is why I will most likely be receiving that "rejection" here one year later! LOL.

For those of you that have received interview invitations, did your status change on AADSAS?

did anyone get an email today? They were supposed to notify us of our status on November 1st

For those of you that have received interview invitations, did your status change on AADSAS?

It says my application status is "Verified" and my decision status is "Received/Under Review". Is that what you're looking for?

It says my application status is "Verified" and my decision status is "Received/Under Review". Is that what you're looking for?

That's what it says under mine. It has said that since I submitted my application and I haven't heard anything back about my application... lol

Hey guys, hope all is going well. Just wanted to give you guys some stats from my class as I do not believe they are published anywhere.

Class of 2022
Number of applications to UMKC : 845
Students Interviewed: 179
Total students in class: 109
Female: 54
Male: 55
First-time applicants: 93
Re-applicants: 16
Science GPA: 3.7
DAT AA: 19.8
Average Shadowing: 200+
Average Community Service: 200+

MO: 73
KS: 21
HI: 4
AR: 2
LA: 1
MD: 1
MN: 1
TX: 2
Kuwait: 4

They told us at orientation that we as a class have the highest science GPA and DAT score averages of any previous class. Hope this information helps you all assess what they are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, hope all is going well. Just wanted to give you guys some stats from my class as I do not believe they are published anywhere.

Class of 2022

They told us at orientation that we as a class have the highest science GPA and DAT score averages of any previous class. Hope this information helps you all assess what they are looking for.

This makes me feel worse actually. Lol

Class of 2022

No love for California lol

For those who interviewed, what did you include in you "update"?

I didn't add any fluff. I only put a few recent shadowing/volunteer experiences, current class grades, and my schedule for next semester. They seemed to emphasize that they wanted it concise, so I didn't even opt to say anything for the "additional statement" to the committee.

I didn't add any fluff. I only put a few recent shadowing/volunteer experiences, current class grades, and my schedule for next semester. They seemed to emphasize that they wanted it concise, so I didn't even opt to say anything for the "additional statement" to the committee.
Ok, cool. thats exactly what i did too :)

Hey all first post on here! Are there any other reserved admissions students out there? If so, do you know if we really need to take 15+ credits our last semester?
I am too! When I emailed the school, it was implied that we still needed 15 credit hours. I would reach out to double check for sure, but I enrolled in 15 to be safe!

They can’t tell you if you got in or not but they inform you whether or not you are getting an interview which in my books is a rejection. Last year I got my rejection on Halloween.

Also I was at the interview session yesterday (Nov. 5th) and they said it was the last one.

Maybe they have in the past, but Richie and Jennifer outright said at the November 5th interview session that it was the last one they were having for this cycle.
Unless it changed recently I do think that they'll interview 10-15 Missouri residents in January.

Maybe they have in the past, but Richie and Jennifer outright said at the November 5th interview session that it was the last one they were having for this cycle.

I went and shadowed a few weeks ago because I hadn't heard anything. They are still doing the post-december interviews.

I went and shadowed a few weeks ago because I hadn't heard anything. They are still doing the post-december interviews.
Has anyone received a status update? They said they would by November 1st, but haven’t heard anything.

Has anyone received a status update? They said they would by November 1st, but haven’t heard anything.

Nope. A friend of mine who is currently a D1 said emails usually go out on Wednesday.

I don't know how good/accurate that information is but It allows me to have 6 days of stress free days. I only check my phone frantically on Wednesdays for email updates. haha

Yeah I would imagine that they do post-december interviews as needed. Nov 5 is probably just the last one scheduled, and they're waiting to see how many candidates accept/decline their offers before scheduling more interview dates. I think everyone is saying the same thing just in different ways lol

Yeah I would imagine that they do post-december interviews as needed. Nov 5 is probably just the last one scheduled, and they're waiting to see how many candidates accept/decline their offers before scheduling more interview dates. I think everyone is saying the same thing just in different ways lol
You're totally right. Last year they did a couple interviews in January because the class was not full by Jan 1 when the deadline for the deposit was due. There will probably be some post-dec interviews this year as well.

Is it a bad thing if we haven’t received an update from the school even though they said they would on November 1st?
That's kinda weird. I had an interview with them in October and they asked for an update from me recently. I wonder why they haven't updated those who haven't received an interview...

Status on AADSAS went from “none” to “received/under review” back in September then to “none” and now today it went back to “received/under review”. I am very confused. Has anyone else had this happen with their application?

Received my rejection today.
KS resident
3.2/3.4 sgpa/ogpa
21 AA/TS
Kinda bummed, I was really hoping for the in-state tuition. I've had 5 other interviews, so I guess I cant complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.