***The Official UMKC School of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone recently heard anything from UMKC SOD?
I interviewed yesterday and they said that the second round acceptances are going out the 28-29th of January and that the first official meeting of the class and financial aid presentation will be in March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you have to write back to each school you applied to once you accept another offer and are no longer interested? Or if there is a way to do this through AADSAS?

Hi everyone, I am going to be a D1 this fall. I am looking for a (preferably female) roommate. I currently live in North Kansas City, but would like to live close to the school, walking distance would be awesome. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I am going to be a D1 this fall. I am looking for a (preferably female) roommate. I currently live in North Kansas City, but would like to live close to the school, walking distance would be awesome. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Check out our Facebook page! There have been a few posts about housing that would be worth checking out. I would imagine there would be more opportunities this summer as the graduating students move out. Here’s a link:

Reactions: 1 user
I got it!!!!!!!!!! E-mail came when I was in class and the professor stopped lecturing and asked me what was going on because I was bouncing up and down, BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Well it's been a very tough decision, but I am planning on turning down my acceptance to UMKC. Best of luck to anyone waiting to hear back from them.

Has anyone received an email with the go to start the background check yet? I know they said we would be getting one shortly

Has anyone received an email with the go to start the background check yet? I know they said we would be getting one shortly

I was just wondering about this yesterday! I haven't gotten anything either..

Have you guys received your "Next Step Guide"? That's where the information about the background check information through the company Validity was for our class.

Have you guys received your "Next Step Guide"? That's where the information about the background check information through the company Validity was for our class.

Yep! The email Breana sent said to ignore that part of the guide for now. We will be notified "in the coming weeks". --Received 4 weeks ago.

Yep! The email Breana sent said to ignore that part of the guide for now. We will be notified "in the coming weeks". --Received 4 weeks ago.
Oh, gotcha. Sorry I couldn't help more lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their financial aid packet after completing the fasfa? How long does it take after submission
to receive it?

After months of waiting on the wait list I finally got in!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received their financial aid packet after completing the fasfa? How long does it take after submission
to receive it?
I submitted my fafsa on October 1st and haven't received anything yet

@KCpredent when did you receive your financial aid package?

I submitted my fafsa on October 1st and haven't received anything yet

@KCpredent when did you receive your financial aid package?
The Hospital Hill Financial Aid office is the slowest thing I've ever witnessed in my life. Welcome to UMKC lol. I didn't get my financial aid package until like April, although I filled out the FAFSA in the fall. Any scholarships you have been awarded don't get applied until like July, and they'll update your award again. So to clarify, I got my first notice in early April, and they didn't apply my scholarships/KS non-resident award until mid-July. So you really wont know exactly how much you are awarded until then. It takes forever because the Missouri Board of Regents doesn't decide how much they are increasing tuition and stuff until the summer, so they can't actually award an accurate financial aid award until they know how much tuition is. It's super annoying lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone bringing family to the welcome reception or no?

Attachments

• 20190308_140229.jpg
    20190308_140229.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 164
Hey I was wanting to get some braces on my self. Do we get any student discount at UMKC ? And if we do, how do we go about getting braces for ourself?

Hey I was wanting to get some braces on my self. Do we get any student discount at UMKC ? And if we do, how do we go about getting braces for ourself?
There is a student discount. I know cleanings and most restorative work at the school is free for students. However, ortho is not free. It's significantly cheaper than a lot of private practices in the KC area so the wait list to get in to ortho is very long. I'm not sure if there is a student discount or not associated with it, but you can always call the clinic and they can tell you I'm sure.

for current dental students, does anyone have any close by decent gyms that they recommend?
lots of people I know, including myself, use the gym at hospital hill in the UMKC run apartment complex, it's totally free. Also lots of people also just commute to the gym on the Volker campus and use that because it's free for students.

To everyone that got in, when did you submit your application? I am finishing up 8 credits by the end of June so plan by first week July. If the consensus is that many submitted June then I need to rethink when I need to submit my application.

To everyone that got in, when did you submit your application? I am finishing up 8 credits by the end of June so plan by first week July. If the consensus is that many submitted June then I need to rethink when I need to submit my application.

I submitted my application in early July. If your other stuff like an essay and ECs are ready, then I would submit it as soon as the application opens.

You don't have to wait until the completion of the courses. You can always add when you have new grades and add other ECs too.

Good luck !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.