Which bachelor's degree should I choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andy1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Studying at MDC and I'm almost done with my pre-vet AA, however, I'm very confused about the bachelor's degree that I need because I don't know anyone that is studying the same :confused:(I'm an international student). What I have heard is that is hard to b accepted in a vet school, therefore I would like to have a valuable bachelor which allows me to work also. I'm very interested in something related with domestic animals, however, the two choices I know are zoology and animal science. what I think is that zoology is about wild animals and animal science about farm animals. Please, advice me about another bachelor or tell me more about zoology or anima science!
thank youuu

Members don't see this ad.

You'd have to look into the programs and decided which one fits you better. I am currently finishing my animal sciences degree and I love it. I enjoyed all the animal science classes such as nutrition, repro, endocrinology, etc.

While one of my vet school bound friends got a Biology degree and she really likes the classes she took. Which were a bit harder and on a different track, but just as interesting.

I would suggest looking at the courses needed and evaluate which route would fit your study style and interest, then choose. Either degree is just as good for vet school.

And you aren't limited to those. There isn't a definite preference for particular degrees. The important thing is a solid high pre-req GPA. I don't even know what a prevet AA is, so not sure I can help you very much. Select a major where you enjoy the courses and that enables you to fulfill the vet pre-req, whether that is part of the major requirements or as electives.