This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Artorias

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm applying to these two programs and idk which is better and/or best for me. Some brief background, I have a cGPA and sGPA of 3.0 as a bio major, with my last 60 hours being ~3.7 and last 2 years ~ 3.5 of mostly upper level hard sciences, MCAT 500, I have published 1 lit review, have 3k hours of scribing, and plenty of volunteering ~300 hours, was a TA and a research assistant as well. Idk how med schools will look at the programs and am wishing for some input. I am a Texas resident and would like to get into a Texas med school. Baylor has name recognition in Texas, but their program is only 13 credits and is only a certificate so I feel they are trying to do too much at once. Arkansas seems to actually prepare you for your first year of med school with 30 credits of courses, 8 hour anatomy course you take alongside med students, and all courses taught by medical school faculty, however, I wish to get into a Texas school and I am unsure how Texas med school will not only view it, but am concerned the program is only really recognized by it's associated med school ARCOM.

Members don't see this ad.