WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Next half of the promised Mel iso


I do appreciate this take on the Cray/Sporty interactions.

Taking note that he starts wolf reading Bob only once the Genny yeet picks up some momentum (this quote is from about 7pm last night) after he spent the last three days resisting the Bob yeet. Also not great that the two village options on the board, Bob and myself, are exactly where he's pushing once the Genny yeet picks up. Also says that he's not feeling shorty anymore, which is a convenient way to help his attention shift to the two villagers on the board and get pressure off of Genny. If anything really screams to me that this is wolf!Mel, this is it.





Taking note that he puts a little bit of pressure on Cubs and then walks it back once he responds. Makes Mel/Cubs possible w/w. In the same post, he goes "these are why you're sus, but you know what, you get village points after all." Or could be wolfy Mel not trying to pick a fight with a villager at the moment. Either way, certainly doesn't make me give village points to Mel.

I'm still not sure how to analyze this post because it's NAI at best and gives him an out later on at worst. I'm more hung up on how he assumes he'd have to vote a village read in order to be on the same page with Cray.

I actually agree that Mel is starting to give me feels, it’s cycle 3 and he hasn’t thrown any shade at all my way. Highly unusual. Which is troubling since we both are reading you the same way.
 
I'm revising my Mel read in light of AM's lean.

The two reads Mel had I thought were strange that I hinted at earlier was myself and Cubs in village leans.

Otherwise his list seems either like village consensus or reasonable (SP and MsP for example are player pretty much anyone any game can put in their POE without it looking too weird.)
 
I actually agree that Mel is starting to give me feels, it’s cycle 3 and he hasn’t thrown any shade at all my way. Highly unusual. Which is troubling since we both are reading you the same way.
I mean, he did throw that very minor shade at you for all of five seconds, but walked it back and actually turned it into a village read once you asked him about it, which is even weirder.
 
you were voting genny and then you moved off closer to deadline essentially playing a role in "saving" her



when did I say this? I was asking shorty a question about her read on you



What? She didn't get voted out. She was killed last night by something.

And once again there was no logic in that post. I was simply asking shorty a question

It was a hypothetical to compare bussing scenarios. And I already told you. I second guess myself and then I can’t ever just go with my original thought for some reason. That is an absolute Cubs meta, you can research that for days.
 
Here are all of TME's mentions of/interactions with Mel

a quick look at post counts suggests Mel and MsP are in danger of modkill, though it looks like mel is actively catching up
interested to see how Mel's catchup continues
Mel - very late vote that put sporty into a tie with bob (therefore could be an attempt to protect bob). Bob has been oddly defensive of Mel, so this is interesting to me. If SP is village this becomes extra concerning for me.
 
Here are all of Mel's mentions of/interactions with TME (searched by TME, TE, tele, and enigma to make sure I got every abbreviation)

I had the same initial thought about TME's Msp quote post but it was a very conspicuous post. It was highly likely someone would pressure TME for follow up on it, so if TME is a wolf then he would have to actually have a read prepared to keep up the charade. It would have been much easier to just post his follow up read and remain off of people's radar.
Reads list from least to most wolfy:
Dina
Cray
Cubs
Shorty
AM
POE starts here
Sporty
TME
MsP
April
And this isn't a direct interaction or mention, but he didn't answer Cubs's question, which to be fair sounded rhetorical but I wanted to include it:
Which read/feel? TME just agreed with something I said. Is she now echoing me? Does she get wolf points for that?
I’m on my phone and quoting is a bitch
Kinda egged on the MsP
Agreed with April about alley’s wordiness
There was something else but I can’t find it on my phone.

All in all it bothers me but I think remember you did similar things in doughnuts and I misyeeted you for it so you get village points. Good work if you’re emulating
 
TME and Mel are highly compatible. Neither of them have had any direct interactions, and when the other is mentioned which is rare, it's never incriminating or defensive.
 
I kind of hate reveals and such, and typically take night results with me to the grave that I shouldn't.

Last night I attempted to block cubs, as I am the village blocker, and the result I got said that he was able to successfully fight me off and that he also left me damaged and unable to act tonight.

It people are interested, the first night I tried to block Sporty but with the night cancel I didn't even receive any night results whatsoever, not even to be told it failed or there was a night cancel.

The rules Dubz listed says we can't act on the same player twice in a row, if you're wondering why I didn't act on Sporty again.

Cubs was someone I wanted to resolve and had sus on him, but like, not tons, so I went there.

I am revealing because I'm obviously concerned he is a strong arm wolf. Not many village abilities not only overcome a village blocker, but also leave them damaged and unable to act the next night.

If by some miracle he were village, then I guess I've given opening to wolves on two villagers (myself and him). But if he's wolf, I don't want him to wriggle out of a yeet for too long, and I feel worse about him given the night results than I do Mel or April, so I'd rather he were flipped before either of them.

I hope I did the right thing coming forward with this. Would love AM's take on this as I typically look to her in or out of games for thoughts on WW strat particularly ability usage and claims and night result reveals.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I kind of hate reveals and such, and typically take night results with me to the grave that I shouldn't.

Last night I attempted to block cubs, as I am the village blocker, and the result I got said that he was able to successfully fight me off and that he also left me damaged and unable to act tonight.

It people are interested, the first night I tried to block Sporty but with the night cancel I didn't even receive any night results whatsoever, not even to be told it failed or there was a night cancel.

The rules Dubz listed says we can't act on the same player twice in a row, if you're wondering why I didn't act on Sporty again.

Cubs was someone I wanted to resolve and had sus on him, but like, not tons, so I went there.

I am revealing because I'm obviously concerned he is a strong arm wolf. Not many village abilities not only overcome a village blocker, but also leave them damaged and unable to act the next night.

If by some miracle he were village, then I guess I've given opening to wolves on two villagers (myself and him). But if he's wolf, I don't want him to wriggle out of a yeet for too long, and I feel worse about him given the night results than I do Mel or April, so I'd rather he were flipped before either of them.

I hope I did the right thing coming forward with this. Would love AM's take on this as I typically look to her in or out of games for thoughts on WW strat particularly ability usage and claims and night result reveals.
I'm interested to hear how Cubs tries to defend himself
 
I kind of hate reveals and such, and typically take night results with me to the grave that I shouldn't.

Last night I attempted to block cubs, as I am the village blocker, and the result I got said that he was able to successfully fight me off and that he also left me damaged and unable to act tonight.

It people are interested, the first night I tried to block Sporty but with the night cancel I didn't even receive any night results whatsoever, not even to be told it failed or there was a night cancel.

The rules Dubz listed says we can't act on the same player twice in a row, if you're wondering why I didn't act on Sporty again.

Cubs was someone I wanted to resolve and had sus on him, but like, not tons, so I went there.

I am revealing because I'm obviously concerned he is a strong arm wolf. Not many village abilities not only overcome a village blocker, but also leave them damaged and unable to act the next night.

If by some miracle he were village, then I guess I've given opening to wolves on two villagers (myself and him). But if he's wolf, I don't want him to wriggle out of a yeet for too long, and I feel worse about him given the night results than I do Mel or April, so I'd rather he were flipped before either of them.

I hope I did the right thing coming forward with this. Would love AM's take on this as I typically look to her in or out of games for thoughts on WW strat particularly ability usage and claims and night result reveals.

To counter this, I will tell you that I am invincible against “machines” and will damage them if they try to act on me. I don’t know if machines are a class of bad guys or just totally random, so do with that info what you will.
 
I kind of hate reveals and such, and typically take night results with me to the grave that I shouldn't.

Last night I attempted to block cubs, as I am the village blocker, and the result I got said that he was able to successfully fight me off and that he also left me damaged and unable to act tonight.

It people are interested, the first night I tried to block Sporty but with the night cancel I didn't even receive any night results whatsoever, not even to be told it failed or there was a night cancel.

The rules Dubz listed says we can't act on the same player twice in a row, if you're wondering why I didn't act on Sporty again.

Cubs was someone I wanted to resolve and had sus on him, but like, not tons, so I went there.

I am revealing because I'm obviously concerned he is a strong arm wolf. Not many village abilities not only overcome a village blocker, but also leave them damaged and unable to act the next night.

If by some miracle he were village, then I guess I've given opening to wolves on two villagers (myself and him). But if he's wolf, I don't want him to wriggle out of a yeet for too long, and I feel worse about him given the night results than I do Mel or April, so I'd rather he were flipped before either of them.

I hope I did the right thing coming forward with this. Would love AM's take on this as I typically look to her in or out of games for thoughts on WW strat particularly ability usage and claims and night result reveals.
Interesting. I think I'd like to hear from @cubsrule4e if he knows why this might have happened.
 
I ISOed cubs, but it's too big for one post, so I'm splitting it by his interactions with genny or mentions of her, and then I'll follow up with his other posts.

tl;dr: his interactions with genny don't look great in light of her flip. That whole situation yesterday when I started really wolf reading her and went for her is strange, and I don't understand his thought process at all. But that being said, it doesn't look great to the point of it seeming too obvious to be w/w. I can't really come up with a good explanation for it - it's not like genny came on D2 and could have pocketed cubs to get him to suddenly protect her by getting off the vote (or by voting someone who was pushing her). I just have a hard time imagining a world where w/w interactions would be this in your face - like cubs making a point to say he was going to watch to see if I got off genny's vote when if/when it picked up, and then actually doing that himself and staying off it.

What if I vote and unvote at some point during the cycle, and continue to participate, but end up not voting for anyone at the time of yeet close? How stretchy are these rules?
Genny always looking for the loopholes.
I have a problem following authority.
That giraffe has suffered enough, btw.
I don't feel like I can read anything into this, feels like fluff and NAI.

Everyone knows im basically worthless the first 2 cycles, so I dont have a lot to go on as usual for a D1 vote, but Genny feels in general the most off to me, having reread some of yesterdays interactions. I jokingly make the post about finding loopholes, but that seems to have been the only actual serious/non-fluff post she made all day. In another words, I guess joking:serious post ratio is off, as is my read of her probably, but no one else is sticking out at me. I also have nothing to go off of today since she's been busy, but theres still 3 hours left to change.

vote genny
Talked about this post earlier in response to Dina, not going to repeat myself.
omg i changed my avatar for you and this is the thanks i get?
You hadn’t posted enough for me to see it!

@genny heyyy boo! Thoughts on Shorty?
Nothing setting off alarm bells yet. He sounds like village Mel so far.

I don’t know that I have a good history reading shorty? Which makes me uncomfortable leaning her one way or the other. I feel the same way about reading her that I do with sporty - just doesn’t click for me.

I’m more comfortable with AM, Mel, cubs, Dina, April in terms of forming reads. Village leans so far, with April and AM most village.
Hmm, that’s interesting since your reasoning for voting me for prime minister in England was partially that you’d never misread me at endgame, and you haven’t misread me in any games since then. What changed?
Very interesting. Interesting indeed.
Yeet genny
The joke content to real content ratio is skewed, and that most recent post felt really off.
Now who's echoing? Something weird going on with genny/shorty. Just dont know in which directions.
Mostly her play so far has not been very involved at all. The answer to my question about shorty was a total punt, and Im not liking the interaction between her and shorty there. Shorty's wall of April sus seemed way overkill. In fact

vote shorty

and we'll follow along.
This is exactly the kind of thing thats bothering me though. I totally missed shortys vote last night and just saw it on reread. Was going to make a separate comment about it, but looks like you brought it up. I voted genny D1, I ask genny what she thinks about a rising sus read on my list, she punts to "i dunno," then shorty starts in with a weird "interesting cause youve claimed to be able to read me before," and then drops a vote on genny. Maybe a way to create separation by making it look like they cant be w/w. And I never claimed both were, but I think at least one is. I think theres only like 2 votes on genny maybe? Havent seen a tally. Its not like she's in danger at the moment, and plenty of time for shorty to move her vote.

ETA: She is the only vote on genny atm.
Did you change your mind on genny?
No? Who says Im not going to go back to her? You of all people should know about pushing someone by voting them. Will shorty stay on genny after a few votes accumulate there?
So you asked someone who you were wolf leaning enough to vote yesterday a question, she dodged the question, I called her out on the dodge, and somehow, that makes you more sus of me than of her?
Maybe Im just observing how defensive you get over it? Where your vote goes next and how fast? :shrug:
This whole exchange is so bizarre to me.

Then later:
?????

But since no one seems to be questioning shorty I'll go back here and see where people yet to vote stand on the issue.

unvote shorty
vote genny

Rereading some things, April's movement EOD1 could certainly be viewed in a sketchy light.... and now looking at her switching to genny as she gained a few votes, and knowing I was possibly going back there, looks somewhat opportunistic, especially given that all she's done is go after Bob, who she was originally voting for.
Thinks votes on genny could be opportunistic.

unvote genny
Jumps off the genny vote when he was the 4th vote on it. I already talked about this earlier.
The continued silence is making me feel like my second guessing is correct.
The second guessing here was his genny wolf read. I don't think I can fault him for this comment, though - the silence was starting to make me wonder if I was wrong on my genny read, especially since it was primarily based on those 2 comments she'd made about me, which is not a lot to go on.
She implied it that way, but thats also why I jumped off for the moment. I dont know that she has/had any intention of moving back to Bob.
This was talking about April putting her vote on genny. This feels a little disingenuous. Why would April's vote, if it was a pressure vote, make cubs want to jump off one of his wolf reads? This was an hour and a half to yeet close, for time reference.
I wish genny would have come back to give something. At this point I may just have to go back to my gut and vote there.
Hmm.

@cubsrule4e can we talk about your comment yesterday about wanting to see if I moved off genny when the pressure was on her? Seems like a bit of projection.
What about it? Projection how so? I was the first to have a read on and vote genny. I chose to ultimately vote April last night due to the extreme genny inactivity. And if youre asking if that affects my read on you, then yes, you move more village.
Talked about this earlier.

what do you think about cubs voting genny on D1? Do you think it was *beep beep*?
Dina was asking me.
So by this logic, as Wolf!cubs, I led a charge on genny for two days, just long enough to get her voted out, and then jumped off, not only losing any village credit I would have received, but on the contrary drawing attention to myself as a wolf as well?
This is really overstated. "Led a charge for two days," really? He put a wishy-washy vote on her D1, and then D2, when she said some wolfy things, he ... voted for the person who called her out on them, briefly switched to genny, and then didn't stay there when she was actually in danger. But as I said earlier when I talked about this, it feels too wolfy to be wolf. I think. It's making me very uncomfortable, I just don't see it being a strong wolf strategy, and having watched cubs' thought process as a wolf (since I was modding), I don't think he'd be this obvious in his interactions with a packmate.
 
I was giving Cubs an opening to come forward with these sketchy night happenings (it's possible he fought off a block and wasn't notified, but I would expect with flavor indicating that he actively fought off and damaged someone that it might not be silent). I considered if he just didn't want to reveal he obviously has a night ability or for the blocker to step forward if he were village, but seems more likely he's a wolf, knows this looks wolfy, and hoped the blocker's sense of self prez might not make them come forward despite evidence that he looks like a brand of strong arm wolf

AM or Mel, what is your best guess at an ability that not only fights off a block, but also damages the blocker/prevents them from acting the next night? It's like strong arm plus something.
 
It's interesting Cubs mentions.machines. I was only told I was village blocker, no other flavor or hint at what I am.

I find it odd so many of us have hinted there is no game flavor in our role/ability descriptions, but cubs' supposedly has reference to machines.
 
All of Mel's mentions of/interactions with Cubs

What specifically about cubs and I puts us at the top? You have two of the most wolf-read players near the top of your village reads, I'mma need some explanation.

elaborate more on your shorty pings.

Gotcha, I was just used to Cray's style of pbpa. What are your thoughts on cubs?
My notes just say “lots of echoing/agreeing with people D1”
I remember he said something that backed up one of April’s reads/feels but then also threw shade at April.

What is your read on Cubs and VSLMP
Slight wolfread on cubs. Who's the second person?
Slight wolf read is enough for you to be voting for him?
Vetschoolsletmeinplease god you just had to make me type it out with my little sausage fingers didn’t you.

What do you think of the Cubs/Bob misunderstanding thing?

There was a point where Bob posted a reads list and Cubs initially thought that Bob was reading me and Cubs differently and called him out for reading two people differently for the same thing.

That gut reaction to semi-ambiguous wording got some village points from me. he didn't go out of his way to call it wolfy, but asked for clarifcation

a product of Cub's playstyle or Bob's (pronouns are confusing)

Dina
Cray
Cubs
Shorty
AM
POE starts here
Sporty
TME
MsP
April
 
To counter this, I will tell you that I am invincible against “machines” and will damage them if they try to act on me. I don’t know if machines are a class of bad guys or just totally random, so do with that info what you will.
I might not understand the game well enough, but when Ace made me play it, I think some of the machines were peaceful and others were not.
 
It's interesting Cubs mentions.machines. I was only told I was village blocker, no other flavor or hint at what I am.

I find it odd so many of us have hinted there is no game flavor in our role/ability descriptions, but cubs' supposedly has reference to machines.

This is a fair point. I would doubt that all machines would be of the same affiliation given the set up of this game.

###unvote cray###
###vote mel###
 
I was giving Cubs an opening to come forward with these sketchy night happenings (it's possible he fought off a block and wasn't notified, but I would expect with flavor indicating that he actively fought off and damaged someone that it might not be silent). I considered if he just didn't want to reveal he obviously has a night ability or for the blocker to step forward if he were village, but seems more likely he's a wolf, knows this looks wolfy, and hoped the blocker's sense of self prez might not make them come forward despite evidence that he looks like a brand of strong arm wolf

AM or Mel, what is your best guess at an ability that not only fights off a block, but also damages the blocker/prevents them from acting the next night? It's like strong arm plus something.
I don't really have any specific theories for what this ability would be called. Seems like a passive delayed double stopper thing?
 
###unvote mel###
###vote cray###
This doesn't look less wolfy, you know. You were already top of many lists. I didn't need to do a reveal like I did if I were wolf to get you misyeeted.

I'm also known for particularly lame and undetailed and begrudging if ever fake claims as a wolf, and that I have never fake claim outside of being in a real corner and having to. Trying to paint this as a wolf gambit move on my part by you is weak on so many levels.

The wolves aren't going to leave a blocker alive for long, and otherwise my claim is verifiable and I can be resolved according to how I use it.
 
I don't really have any specific theories for what this ability would be called. Seems like a passive delayed double stopper thing?
To be fair, I know there is some ability that can do this to a PR that isn't wolfy.

I may be wrong that he's a strong arm, since I can't think of a wolfy ability that is strong arm AND does this reflexively to someone acting on the strong arm.

Doesn't mean Dubz or Zenge didn't write one though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be fair, I know there is some ability that can do this to a PR that isn't wolfy.

I may be wrong that he's a strong arm, since I can't think of a wolfy ability that is strong arm AND does this reflexively to someone acting on the strong arm.

Doesn't mean Dubz or Zenge didn't write one though.
Yeah, I can't tell if it's anything AI especially being passive, but good to know anyway, I suppose.
 
This is a fair point. I would doubt that all machines would be of the same affiliation given the set up of this game.

###unvote cray###
###vote mel###
This looks a little better.

Frak man. I wish I had blocked someone on a no kill night. I don't really know what this reveal does to help.

I need to go and read the posts I haven't read since revealing.
 
Here's the non-genny-related cubs' posts.

tl;dr: I felt like there were some villagey moments where it seemed like he was genuinely trying to game solve. I also felt that there were some interactions with him that felt off, including some I have. My problem is I know that village!cubs is just as sketchy as wolf!cubs from games I've totted. In light of Cray's reveal and how uncomfortable his genny interactions/mentions ISO made me feel, I need to think on cubs a lot and I'll be interested to see what else he contributes today.

That never stopped you from voting her before. Those eyebrows are EXTRA intense even compared to the last ones. Im going to have to make adjustments to my pumpkin carving sketch.
cubs has 3 posts before this, but they're all fluff so I didn't pull them. He was one of the people to comment on AM's reason for not voting MsP right away.

There seems to be a bit of an echo (echo, echo) today. I blame the site update.
I was catching up in real time, so my responses are unique and unbiased up to that point. Unless youre using that to point out that multiple people agreed on the same thing about VotesMsPWife
My echo post had quoted him and Cray saying very similar things to what I'd said about AM's reasoning. Seems NAI, although the second sentence felt a little unnecessary/very slightly defensive.

This feels pretty excessive in response to the prior Bob post. Defensive enough to extrapolate a defense of a D1 vote into losing/not losing the game?
Huh, either cubs and I are just on the same wavelength or that echo is powerful this game. Second time it’s happened…
That was after I'd said that April's response to Bob seemed over the top. Still feel that way, especially in light of Bob's flip.

This pleasy/AM exchange feels pretty village, with AM's typical phrasing of "already pointed out" and "ive addressed this" kind of back and forth.
Agreed, that exchange felt v/v to me.

Agree on the alley point about being very wordy as a wolf.

I read through the whole Bob thing and I find it kind of funny, its like people are trying to make something out of nothing there, but when you stop and realize its bob, it makes total sense, and doesnt make me think anything one way or the other.

I feel like TME always jumps out of the gate with a lot of posts, like she doesnt want to look sketchy by not posting if she's village, and if shes a wolf wants to make sure it looks like she's contributing early on. Not reading that either way.

I feel like Sporty's thus-far absence leans her an early village read.

Wasnt surprised as I kept scrolling down and didnt see my name and the found myself dead at the bottom, as usual.
I'm still surprised by the Sporty lean reasoning. I haven't notice an activity level pattern being AI for her, and it seemed like a really odd reason to give someone a village lean. The last sentence feels vaguely villagey, but I've seen scum!cubs do a very good mimicry of the "everyone susses cubs, poor cubs" attitude.

Are you copying your wolf reads from Zenge because this is just missing Bread and you've got his fake POE from MHA
Lol struck me kinda odd as well.
Love (/s) when people apply someone else's meta/previous play to me, particularly on posts where I explained my reasoning.

on the contrary,Id think AM is smart enough if they were both wolfing together to go straight for the MsP push because that IS what everyone expected, even though "AM doesnt bus"
cubs has played with AM enough that I'd expect him to know that not bussing is a hard line for her.

Maybe its just the "um" but it gives this post more the feel that this is in defense of someone, not just a general statement about wolf vs village participation. Then she follows up with "number of posts can be NAI" after shorty has wolf read some people based on participation so far, and stated how alley herself can get very chatty as a wolf.
Talked about this in an earlier post, but I really didn't like the second part of this. It's twisting what I said, which scum!cubs did in CYO II.

I tend to look at mel more like myself, someone to keep around and drum up sketch on throughout the first few cycles for a later misyeet. But also agree in the sense that if villagers had him up on the board and the opportunity was there, theyd definitely take it to get a solid villager out of the game. So I guess I agree and disagree to some extent.
April was, and still is, the only voter there. How does that play into your thoughts?
I dont think that tells me much one way or the other. If thats a wolfy read for her D1 then thats what she's seeing. From a "is this a wolf jumping on mel earlier to try to get rid of him," no, thats not what Im seeing. But that doesnt make her not a wolf, I just dont see that as the current strategy.
These answers to AM are a lot of words to give what's essentially a non-answer (I recognize the irony of my calling something wordy). What I note, though, is that he doesn't take this opportunity to jump on sussing April, who Bob was on at that point. This was when everyone on the board had 1 vote, so he could have pushed April into the lead had he wanted to. When cubs was scum in CYO II, he made pretty significant pushes on people, rather than having posts like this that feel more like a stream of consciousness.

I’ve never heard anyone ever say that “hedgy” can be anything but wolfy. Because I take the same approach, ananalyzing both good and bad points about the player then weighing them against each other. But get called wolfy for it. Interesting that you give her a “village meta” for it.
The timing of this post is interesting - it was in response to my saying that hedgy!pleasy fits her village meta. cubs' post immediately prior was about how his lean on Sporty based on her activity was rooted on his own personal reading history of her, so to then immediately call out my pleasy read that I made based on MY history of playing with her caught my attention. I don't think it felt wolfy, but it made me raise an eyebrow.
Wrongly wolf-read a particular person for something enough times, learn some lessons from it about them.
oh... kinda like youre doing now? 🙃
Idk if you've noticed, but I'm not voting you at the moment.
Why not? Wasnt I the deepest red on your list? 🤔
Another moment that pinged me a little bit for being twisty - my reads list specified that the only section that was ordered was neutrals.

I kinda want to move to alley but I don't want to make another tie
That's what I was feeling. We could both vote there?
I have to self prez somewhere. This would be my choice of the 3
cubs had agreed with me earlier that wolf!alley is quite wordy, so I'm a little surprised that of the 3 options he had at this point (Sporty, alley, and Bob), alley was where he was willing to go. It didn't seem like he had much of a read at all on Bob, but maybe he wanted to give Bob the benefit of the doubt as another person who gets a lot of sketch points early. But so does alley...

How in the world do you take two people, put them in the same box, then give village cred to one and sus to the other?

Edit: but = put
How do you interpret him saying that Mel defending him buys village points, and when I said he seemed typical Bob and didnt get much out of his affiliation to vote him he said Im suspect?
That's not what Bob had said. I want to say that the overreaction here feels wolfy, but I don't see how it would benefit a wolf to make these posts. It's just drawing attention to himself for something that's inevitably going to be quickly corrected. So that makes me feel like it's just cubs being cubs.

Lest you forget I was also on the board when there was a multi-2 vote tie. This is when you propositioned to move to allie and april followed. Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points. At the same time you could look at it as you baiting someone to go with you onto a certain player, but you had already moved to Bob, which took me out of the tie and put him in the lead. Mel immediately made another tie with the sporty vote vs Bob, and you only changed yet again, after april made the commitment to alley, with you perhaps not realizing in the flurry that you had made another 3-3 tie between alley and sporty, which sporty then broke with a self prez.

I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.
I dont necessarily think it was a w/w thing, just pointing out that if she were a wolf, and thought itd score her wolf points not to move, you gave her a way to move elsewhere without looking terribly suspicious.

I dont think Bob/April are w/w, I was just establishing the timeline of what happened, and if someone involved in the waffle were to be a wolf, its looks worse on her than on you. Agree the easiest thing would have been to just sit on Mel, but his re-emergence right before close may have gotten her thinking that it looked bad to stay there and when she saw a chance to move, she did.
These are some of the posts that seemed more village to me. I feel like there's some analysis and effort in here that seems like genuine game solving.

Which read/feel? TME just agreed with something I said. Is she now echoing me? Does she get wolf points for that?
Getting a little testy about Mel noting cubs' D1 echoing - which had been noted by other people, so I'm not sure why he got defensive about it THIS time.
 
All of Cubs's mentions of/interactions with Mel.
Did Mel make a similar comment? I'll have to go back and look.
I tend to look at mel more like myself, someone to keep around and drum up sketch on throughout the first few cycles for a later misyeet. But also agree in the sense that if villagers had him up on the board and the opportunity was there, theyd definitely take it to get a solid villager out of the game. So I guess I agree and disagree to some extent.
I dont think that tells me much one way or the other. If thats a wolfy read for her D1 then thats what she's seeing. From a "is this a wolf jumping on mel earlier to try to get rid of him," no, thats not what Im seeing. But that doesnt make her not a wolf, I just dont see that as the current strategy.
How do you interpret him saying that Mel defending him buys village points, and when I said he seemed typical Bob and didnt get much out of his affiliation to vote him he said Im suspect?
Lest you forget I was also on the board when there was a multi-2 vote tie. This is when you propositioned to move to allie and april followed. Interesting since she didnt seem to care about moving off Mel until he showed up and she suddenly gave him "participation" points. At the same time you could look at it as you baiting someone to go with you onto a certain player, but you had already moved to Bob, which took me out of the tie and put him in the lead. Mel immediately made another tie with the sporty vote vs Bob, and you only changed yet again, after april made the commitment to alley, with you perhaps not realizing in the flurry that you had made another 3-3 tie between alley and sporty, which sporty then broke with a self prez.

I guess Im saying you seemed more village-driven in the whole exchange, whereas April had an open door to move her vote to try to make herself look better since she was catching flack for being on Mel as an "RSV" vote and after having said shed consider moving off Mel if he showed up and provided content.
I dont think Bob/April are w/w, I was just establishing the timeline of what happened, and if someone involved in the waffle were to be a wolf, its looks worse on her than on you. Agree the easiest thing would have been to just sit on Mel, but his re-emergence right before close may have gotten her thinking that it looked bad to stay there and when she saw a chance to move, she did.
He clarified, I was misinterpreting that he was saying different things about me and Mel when we were making the same actions. But he was actually giving the same opinion about both of us.
Brought up on thread? I dunno, certainly in my head. I agreed with some of the points mel mad about her last night. Thats why earlier I asked Genny about her thoughts on shorty.
I feel like Mel and AM are basically playing the game by themselves in their own little bubble.
I actually agree that Mel is starting to give me feels, it’s cycle 3 and he hasn’t thrown any shade at all my way. Highly unusual. Which is troubling since we both are reading you the same way.
###vote mel###
###unvote mel###
###vote cray###
This is a fair point. I would doubt that all machines would be of the same affiliation given the set up of this game.

###unvote cray###
###vote mel###
 
So what I'm gathering from the Mel/Cubs mentions, both ways, is a lot more willingness to casually mention each other than Mel/TME, and Cubs being the (I think) second vote on Mel today certainly contributes, but w/w isn't impossible. I'm still more inclined to think Mel/TME.
 
Here's all TME's mentions of/interactions with Genny. I'm annotating this one unlike the other interaction ISOs because there's a lot going on here I find valuable.

tl/dr: TME's initial Genny vote was hedgy, based on nothing, and came out of thin air, resembles the typical bussing pattern Genny wants when she thinks someone is going down, TME mentions bussing twice - seems like she has it on her mind. Hedges the whole time she's on Genny despite voting her two days in a row. Gives herself and others multiple opportunities to leave the Genny vote, even sounds irritated when I joined her. Feels w/w.

What if I vote and unvote at some point during the cycle, and continue to participate, but end up not voting for anyone at the time of yeet close? How stretchy are these rules?
No nighttime PM fun for you then though
Fluff comment to Genny, sounded like she had to force an early w/w interaction.
I don't think I've played with night-only PMs yet though, which will be interesting because as genny mentioned they may not be very active while people sleep, depending on time zones etc....
i think i feel worst about maybe genny?? but i always feel bad about genny and its for no good reason other than feels and it looks like she's coasting in just over the post minimum
Comes close to vote close and she doesn't commit to her genny read. Says it in a very unconfident way, then follows up with her read is "for no good reason other than feels" possibly trying to distance herself from her own vote so that she can jump off if need be.
yeet genny

for now

but i have yet to make dinner and i'm considering waffles
Made half an hour before vote close, implies she still doesn't feel great about it and would be willing to jump off.
okay these appear to be the only non-jokey contributions from genny so now i feel better about my bad feels
who am I tunneling on?

I'm voting genny atm, the long convo about you and AM was speculation on possibilities but not something i was wolf reading anyone over yet...
@TelemarketingEnigma can you share some wolf reads today? I found your genny vote yesterday felt like it came out of nowhere.
It was a little out of nowhere, in the sense that I was trying to get a vote on the board so I went with gut vibes while I caught up/reviewed. That review didn't make me feel any better about her - she's coming in just barely over the post minimum with essentially no meaningful contribution. Feels wolfy, but if she's village then I'd still like to pressure her to contribute.
Admits her vote came out of nowhere. Sounds like Genny said "I'm too busy to play enough, people are sussing me, and you need somewhere to vote, so bus me and get the cred," which is exactly what she told our wolf pack to do in Basics.
other votes i find interesting

Genny - sat on MsP since game start, claims to have been away at close but was at least joke posting within 30 min of close when MsP had already appeared
Has some notes on Genny but doesn't commit to a read, just categorizes it under "other votes I find interesting."
This whole genny discussion has me uncomfy but I stand by why I voted there before (still very little actual content despite making appearances)

I'm interested to see what happens if I increase the pressure a bit, both for her and the people discussing her

yeet genny
Never says why she is uncomfy with the genny discussion, feels like another way to give herself an out.
currently genny, but i'm very much hoping she'll show up and participate more so i can confirm that it's a good choice, i'm still uneasy (also so she doesn't get modkilled for lowposting if she's village...)

I think this is a good explanation of why I feel uncomfy right now

aren't most of the genny votes pressure?
those of yall pressure voting her, do you think you'll stay on until yeet?
I don't think I've seen a situation where a pressure vote has stayed until this close to yeet, the person usually responds by now and pressure votes come off

I was already feeling wolfy on her but i also wanted to up the general pressure

like cubs, I don't love the result of that

I think he's implying that we're wrong about genny and you're taking advantage of that to join in on a misyeet, not necessarily that you're bussing genny

at least that's my concern

I'm interested in flipping genny, but I was also interested in seeing other people's movement once I got on that vote. I know genny is going to do genny regardless of the people who vote for her so I'm not exactly looking for how she's going to react

is there a reason you felt your third vote on her would make something more exciting happen after my vote with pretty much the exact same reasoning?
Interestingly reactive, almost sounding irritated after I put my vote on Genny, which is where she also had her vote. Feels like she doesn't want other people to join it.
I'm not sure why me voting genny is suddenly surprising when I voted for her yesterday

she hasn't posted all that much since then
If she doesn't come back she's getting modkilled anyway cause she's only at 7 posts this cycle
Again, attempts to give herself/others a reason to dive off the Genny vote.
As far as reads go, I still don't feel that genny has contributed any wolfhunting of substance. But the closer we get to yeet close, the more concerned I get that she's just busy and wolves are happy to let us vote her off.
yes, because no one suddenly sussing genny has said anything new for why they've decided that, and you yourself are somehow sus of me for being sus of genny with you? My two concerns are either

a) I'm right (yay!) and wolves are trying to distance themselves (worse for you) or
b) I'm wrong (yikes) and wolves are happy letting me be wrong (worse for april)

also i think we're in a three way tie right now so this is gonna be interesting
i dunno that genny is gonna appear
unyeet genny yeet april
Jumps off the genny vote at the last minute to prevent a tie, NAI on its own, but convenient.
Here's basically everything genny had to say that even slightly referred to other people and wasn't a joke/off topic/discussion of the rules
seems like a jokey opening vote

in response to AM about not pressuring MsP

white knighting Bob

For people who can read genny better or have wolfed with her, does it seem likely she would openly village read a packmate? she consistently names April and AM as top village reads, doesn't say much about others aside from white knighting bob


re: staying on her MsP vote

again, labeling April and AM most village

in response to shorty questioning her claimed inability to read her

more white knighting bob

still white knighting bob

the whitest of knighting

re: her village read of April i think
Did I miss something important clearing her? I'm not saying i'm reading her wolfy just that I don't feel comfortable hard clearing anyone based off of how they voted on genny because beep beeps would not surprise me
Mentions bussing, sounds like she has it on her mind, I wonder why.
I guess I don't understand why shorty gets hard cleared for initiating the wagon when there were two of us on it the previous day already

Like she definitely gave it more momentum and stayed on with apparent intent, but as others have said genny is not afraid of being bussed when busy so i just can't give it a hard clear. Maybe another wolf was already pushing the bob wagon and they wanted to separate from each other. Maybe she had a reasonable expectation of April self-prezzing and breaking the tie towards Bob. I'm not saying any of these are likely, but they're possible
Mentions bussing a second time.
 
All of Mel's (quite unimpressive) mentions of/interactions with Genny.
fair enough. You and I never agree on going after low-posters. I guess after getting burned by @genny in doughnuts, I should have learned my lesson.

I’m more comfortable with AM, Mel, cubs, Dina, April in terms of forming reads. Village leans so far, with April and AM most village.
Why April?
Tone reads are my last resort, bottom of the ladder evidence for reading anyone. (I'm also still waiting for @genny to come back and explain why she was village leaning April the most village) and I will always push people to back up tone reads with actual analysis. Not just to help them solidify or reject their reads, but also so I can evaluate their thought process.
 
will catch up on individual posts later, but April is either on a village tunnel WAY off base or this is an interesting wolfy push

@SportPonies, I'm interested in how you feel about it in light of some things we discussed in PM. I'm wondering if some questions I asked April this morning might have set this off.

current considering a cubs/April pack, or if she's an off base villager, maybe a Cray/Mel pack. would need to go back and review those though
 
will catch up on individual posts later, but April is either on a village tunnel WAY off base or this is an interesting wolfy push

@SportPonies, I'm interested in how you feel about it in light of some things we discussed in PM. I'm wondering if some questions I asked April this morning might have set this off.

current considering a cubs/April pack, or if she's an off base villager, maybe a Cray/Mel pack. would need to go back and review those though
Haha sounds like a similar reaction to RvB when I started wolf reading you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also very aware of how you figured us out in RvB, so if you think I would be that careless on my next wolfing outing to get caught by the same mistake then I'm sad
Assuming you're wolf, you definitely interacted with at least one of your packmates more to the point of bussing. Different mistake this time.

Did you get to answer this yet?
@TelemarketingEnigma how are you reading Cubs, Mel, and Cray?
 
Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (1) - alley
MsP (1) - genny
Sporty (1) - Cray
please (1) - shorty
Mel (1) - April
April (1) - Dina
April (2) - Dina, Bob
please
() -
April (1) - Bob
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
alley
(1) - please
genny (1) - cubs
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (1) - shorty
Enigma () -
Bob (2) - shorty, AM
genny (2) - cubs, Enigma
Sporty (2) - Cray, MsP
cubs (1) - alley
Bob (3) - shorty, AM, Dina
Sporty (3) - Cray, MsP, Mel
Mel () -
alley (2) - please, April
Bob (2) - shorty, AM
alley (3) - please, April, Dina
Cray () -
alley (4) - please, April, Dina, Sporty

14/14
Sporty (1) - Bob
genny (1) - shorty
Bob (1) - Dina
Bob (2) - Dina, April
cubs (1) - AM
Bob (3) - Dina, April, please
shorty (1) - cubs
genny (2) - shorty, Enigma
Bob (2) - Dina, please
genny (3) - shorty, Enigma, April
shorty () -
genny (4) - shorty, Enigma, April, cubs
Cray (1) - Sporty
April (1) - Mel
genny (3) - shorty, Enigma, April
Bob (3) - Dina, please, Cray
Cray () -
April (2) - Mel, Sporty
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, cubs
Sporty (2) - Bob, MsP
genny (2) - shorty, Enigma
Bob (4) - Dina, please, Cray, April
genny (1) - shorty
April (4) - Mel, Sporty, cubs, Enigma
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, cubs
Bob (5) - Dina, please, Cray, April, Enigma

12/13
Missing: genny
Not great at VCA, but trying. When I look at the voting behavior of Mel, April, and Cubs, Mel is the one who ends up looking the worst to my eye.