WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got through page 10

The bob vote is lazy and I don't like that shorty is on it

Shorty you get a D1 pass since you haven't played in a while, but I would be voting for her rn.

@alleycat03 you said you're busy but did you really peace out on a salt vote?
His take on bob wasn't wrong, but he's using it just to help wolf read one of my village reads.
null. Shorty voting for him gives him a weak village point if/when shorty flips wolf.

Vote Sporty
Again, the focus of his bob read isn't actually about bob, it's about shorty.
Why'd you choose Sporty?
I'm village leaning cray rn and Sporty's response to me about her wanting to vote shorty off of feels was.....meh
Still really don't get how he thinks someone sussing his top wolf push is also a wolf.
Mel do you ever read anything

I never said I wanted to vote shorty. I just said that one post felt weird and I want to reevaluate her tone in past games.
And then Sporty's reply here makes his prior post sound stretchy, going from her referencing one post that felt weird to Mel saying she wanted to vote her off. I never like the look of someone changing up another person's words and stretching them to make them look bad.

A quick aside, but I'm feeling like I want to lean Sporty more to the village side of neutral. Her gameplay here doesn't feel quite like her gameplay in MHA as a wolf.
What I do want to know is how you (Cray) feel about shorty and Dina
Interested in putting pressure on Dina, another of my village reads.
RVS - Random Voting Stage
What I'm getting at is that an RVS vote is pretty much expected to be moved by EOD, so its weird to me you went out of your way to say you were going to move it. But whats pinging me more is that you mentioned seeing that I was contributing, but you made no effort to engage with me or evaluate my contributions before/after vote close.
I've already responded to this series of posts regarding my lack of communication with him, but I'll repeat that I made no effort to engage because he showed up with the promise of some more content, I was waiting to see it show up, and he didn't end up providing much at all. And by the time EOD is within an hour, everyone's effort is focused on who's on the board and not prompting a new suspicion on someone else, and my effort is focused on keeping up so I don't miss something important before yeet close.

@Melchizedek I feel like you stopped pushing shorty as hard. Did something change or are you looking for an easier misyeet target after no one followed you onto the shorty idea?

Reactions: 1 user
Alright it's past 12:30 and Ace is upset I'm not spending time with him, I'll finish the second half of the ISO in the morning

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still hate this take on shorty's read posts (shorty is feeling pretty village to me, and her giant reads and ISO posts are 100% normal for villager shorty). Feels reads are valid, especially when it's D1 and there's only three pages of content. Yes, I know some of this boils down to game style differences, but game style differences don't make someone more or less likely to be wolf. A villager would be more likely to acknowledge the difference between game style differences and an actual wolf read than a wolf whose goal is to be deceptive. Still really hate that Mel calls shorty out for lack of contribution when this is his first content post.
Its not game-style differences. look at her initial reads list. A lot of it is just circular stream of thought reads that don't say much. I ABHOR people wall posting reads. Its an easy first bid for village cred. She's made multiple posts D1 that were similar bids for easy village cred that just scream LAMIST, but now that I see its continued well into D2, I reconsidered her as genuine village.

Sounds like a way to bait others into a shorty wolf read by getting someone other than himself to point out more sus things. One person wolf reading someone is a lot less powerful, psychologically speaking, than two people doing it.

except I also ask people to tell me about their village "feels" or "vibes" or basically anything that is a tone read:

Nothing setting off alarm bells yet. He sounds like village Mel so far.

I don’t know that I have a good history reading shorty? Which makes me uncomfortable leaning her one way or the other. I feel the same way about reading her that I do with sporty - just doesn’t click for me.

I’m more comfortable with AM, Mel, cubs, Dina, April in terms of forming reads. Village leans so far, with April and AM most village.

Why April?

Tone reads are my last resort, bottom of the ladder evidence for reading anyone. (I'm also still waiting for @genny to come back and explain why she was village leaning April the most village) and I will always push people to back up tone reads with actual analysis. Not just to help them solidify or reject their reads, but also so I can evaluate their thought process.

There is a difference between analyzing someone's actions and analyzing someone's reasoning for their actions. From what I could tell from MsP's post, she didn't think the fact that AM didn't vote for her was wolfy, but she was curious about the reason AM gave for not voting for her. Calling out MsP's logic feels like an easy and deceptive blow.
This is MsP we're talking about right? The person with a rep for flying under the radar or not posting enough? Any post she makes, I'm taking into consideration and will gut react to on thread or in my mental notes. I'm continuing to keep her on my radar and am now especially interested in seeing her reads now that her sporty/bob theory is bunk.

Last edited:
Still really don't get how he thinks someone sussing his top wolf push is also a wolf.
Asked and answered
And then Sporty's reply here makes his prior post sound stretchy, going from her referencing one post that felt weird to Mel saying she wanted to vote her off. I never like the look of someone changing up another person's words and stretching them to make them look bad.
:shrug: I got home late after a busy day and reading fast under deadline pressure doesn't make for the best comprehension
Interested in putting pressure on Dina, another of my village reads.

You've never explained your Dina read. You JUST got done criticizing me for using my D1 shorty read to justify a bob read

(which by the way I never had a bob read end of D1. I just said the vote was lazy, and it was. D1sketchy!bob is a bad vote. I know how it feels to be D1sketchy!bob.)

I've already responded to this series of posts regarding my lack of communication with him, but I'll repeat that I made no effort to engage because he showed up with the promise of some more content, I was waiting to see it show up, and he didn't end up providing much at all. And by the time EOD is within an hour, everyone's effort is focused on who's on the board and not prompting a new suspicion on someone else, and my effort is focused on keeping up so I don't miss something important before yeet close.
But you were around AFTER yeet close too and had nothing to say to me, someone whose vote you had just sat on all day.
@Melchizedek I feel like you stopped pushing shorty as hard. Did something change or are you looking for an easier misyeet target after no one followed you onto the shorty idea?
See my last post re: shorty.

I'm feeling really good about my vote. Let's see if the rest of your analysis makes me feel better.

Last edited:
I'm also still waiting for @genny to come back and explain why she was village leaning April the most village
Feels, like all D1 reads.

I actually can't predict what genny would do. That's why I said she's unpredictable lol
I would have predicted I died. Instead, I just slept like the dead. Highest grossing month ever! Which is crazy, because work is supposed to be slowing down now.

Waiting to see if I actually have to get caught up in the next 36 hours, or if I’m dead.

Night closes in 10 minutes!

And I think my internet heard that I would be attempting to stream a movie tonight, because it's having a temper tantrum. So apologies in advance if things are a bit delayed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Night 2

Horizon-ZeroDawn_PS4_Test_010.jpg

She had climbed mountains, taken down machines, and by all rights should have been winning, leaving the Nora youth in her wake. But they had tried to cut her off at the knees at every turn, destroying her trophies and leaving her in the dust. So she took a more dangerous route, and despite the protest of her lifelong nemesis, she was declared the winner. Aloy had done it - no longer an outcast, now a Nora Brave.

The victorious feeling in her soul was short-lived. As she celebrated and Bast pouted, arrows suddenly rained down from the sky.

"Take cover!" yelled the Proctor, just before an arrow pierced his heart.

Aloy dodged behind a boulder, Bast and Vala close behind her. They held off the attackers for a few moments, but there were too many of them. They tried to retreat, the enemy on their heels. Soon they were separated, each of them sparring against at least two foes. Aloy lost sight of Bast and Vala in the scuffle.

After taking down the attackers in her immediate vicinity, and now on her own, she decided to go for stealth. One by one she took them down. Silence fell on the snowy landscape. Bast and Vala did not reemerge, and she knew in her heart they were gone.

Aloy stooped to find that one of the attackers had a Focus, just like hers. Strange. As she moved to check another body, she was suddenly lifted off the ground. She strained to look at who had a hold of her. A tall, solid man looked back at her with cold eyes. He carried her towards a cliff. She struggled all the way, but he was strong, and she couldn't reach her weapons.

Suddenly they were hit from the side, and both went rolling in the snow. Aloy scrambled away, and saw Rost square up to go after her attacker. Before she could react, they went over the cliff together. She ran to the edge, but they had already fallen out of sight.

~~~~~

helis.gif

Helis stood, wiping his bloodied dagger on the snow, a look of disgust on his face. He set off to return to his master, not sparing a thought for the bruises that were starting to form all over his body. The loss of manpower was no matter. There were always more soldiers, loyal to the Buried Shadow. The whole situation was a minor annoyance.

Lost in thought, he did not hear the footsteps approaching behind him. He only felt the sharp point of a lance as it entered his spine, and the electric charge that shook his body just before it stopped his heart.

Dead is @vetschoolsletmeinplease, who was Rost, a mason bodyguard
Dead is @genny, who was Helis, a wolf role/ability seer

10 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
18. @Dinashadow

Dead
4. @alleycat03 - Erend - Village PMer
5. @BobLoblaw78 - Nil - Village Ability Thief
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Rost - Village Bodyguard
6. @genny - Helis - Wolf Seer

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

It is now Day 3. Deadline is tomorrow (10/2) at 10pm EST/9pm CST/8pm MST/7pm fantasyland.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
is your thought here that wolves are employing a strategy of complete absence
I need to finish trackers to decide if I'm going to stay here, but I thought I remembered a weird VCA interaction between the two. It has nothing to do with activity as that is NAI.

I'm just going to get this out on thread now because wolves likely know at this point.

I was pleasy's mason partner and was approached last night, and a familiar presence stood in my way. I'm assuming I was the kill target and pleasy died instead

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I'm just going to get this out on thread now because wolves likely know at this point.

I was pleasy's mason partner and was approached last night, and a familiar presence stood in my way. I'm assuming I was the kill target and pleasy died instead

sorry I meant stood in their way, not my way

also I wouldn't be surprised if the other wolves were bussing genny. I think I remember when she was busy in madagascar she told the pack they could bus her and additionally let the pack bus her in pirates

@cubsrule4e can we talk about your comment yesterday about wanting to see if I moved off genny when the pressure was on her? Seems like a bit of projection.

what do you think about cubs voting genny on D1? Do you think it was *beep beep*?

also I wouldn't be surprised if the other wolves were bussing genny. I think I remember when she was busy in madagascar she told the pack they could bus her and additionally let the pack bus her in pirates
I want to look more closely at the votes on her D1 and yesterday when I have time this afternoon.

what do you think about cubs voting genny on D1? Do you think it was *beep beep*?
I’m not sure - I know she was in the tie for a bit and I want to look back at vote movement. I’ve got my undergrad in the lab this morning though so going to have to wait until later today.

I want to look more closely at the votes on her D1 and yesterday when I have time this afternoon.
cubs and I were on her D1. You started the votes for her D2, I followed you then April joined. I think Cubs was last on. Then April broke the 3-way tie (that included herself) towards bob at the same time I tried to break it towards april. Then i gave in and moved to bob at the last second. Don't remember the timing of the early votes but the tiebreaking movement was all in the last couple minutes before close.

@TelemarketingEnigma what are your thoughts on cray? Also @supershorty same question to you when you have the chance
neutral, wolf lean - while in some ways she feels more like old cray than last game, some of her PBP catchups have felt very different, like she has more thread awareness while claiming ignorance. But I think she was pretty behind in the last posts i remember from her so idk.

I'd actually like to hear @Aprilthearab 's thoughts on cray too

neutral, wolf lean - while in some ways she feels more like old cray than last game, some of her PBP catchups have felt very different, like she has more thread awareness while claiming ignorance. But I think she was pretty behind in the last posts i remember from her so idk.

Speaking of april - pleasey was getting more sus of april last night. We both PM'd with her last night and Please PM'd her the night before (I fell asleep). Please seemed to feel that april was village after their first round of PMs, but yesterday told me she was starting to think april seemed wolfy and vague with her wolf reads

I was arguing with Please that I still felt like april was village and still getting village vibes from her, but was definitely feeling paranoid after my conversation with pleasey.

Just thought it'd be worth sharing since Please can't share it herself

I want to say april's genny vote yesterday clears her in someway, but it definitely doesn't, although I wonder if april would have been more likely to stay on the vote as a wolf to get the village credit or would it be too similar to what happened in the pirates game?

Idk I'm still sticking with my april village read for now, but I want to get the info out there for everyone else

cubs and I were on her D1. You started the votes for her D2, I followed you then April joined. I think Cubs was last on. Then April broke the 3-way tie (that included herself) towards bob at the same time I tried to break it towards april. Then i gave in and moved to bob at the last second. Don't remember the timing of the early votes but the tiebreaking movement was all in the last couple minutes before close.

okay I forgot that april's move off genny was self-prez, so I don't think I can really analyze her aff based on the genny vote I think

I was asking you specifically since you wolfed with her in RvB and because I can see her targeting me early after what she said in RvB dead chat lol

I'm looking at shorty's trackers from last night and cubs definitely looks the worst

• Sad
I was asking you specifically since you wolfed with her in RvB and because I can see her targeting me early after what she said in RvB dead chat lol
I will say that from wolfing with her, being behind is not necessarily AI, because she was frequently behind even within wolfchat. but I think she gets a little less behind when wolfing because packmates can fill in important details

I might need to review our wolfchat to see which choices were me/mkg driven vs. cray driven because its been a while and they blur a bit

Here's basically everything genny had to say that even slightly referred to other people and wasn't a joke/off topic/discussion of the rules
Yeet ms p
Welcome back!!!
seems like a jokey opening vote
Because you’re wolfing together? :heckyeah:
in response to AM about not pressuring MsP
Am I the only one that doesn’t think Bob is odd? I think he’s funny.
white knighting Bob
i think April and AM sound village so far. everyone else is still in the eel pool.
For people who can read genny better or have wolfed with her, does it seem likely she would openly village read a packmate? she consistently names April and AM as top village reads, doesn't say much about others aside from white knighting bob

I never had a reason to move off. Also wasn’t around for close. Yesterday was a long day.
re: staying on her MsP vote
Nothing setting off alarm bells yet. He sounds like village Mel so far.

I don’t know that I have a good history reading shorty? Which makes me uncomfortable leaning her one way or the other. I feel the same way about reading her that I do with sporty - just doesn’t click for me.

I’m more comfortable with AM, Mel, cubs, Dina, April in terms of forming reads. Village leans so far, with April and AM most village.
again, labeling April and AM most village
Idk that was a lot of games ago and I just don’t feel confident that I can read you this game. Either I’m having sporty/shorty dysphoria, or something is off.
in response to shorty questioning her claimed inability to read her
I don’t see why Bob is getting so much suspicion. I feel like he attracts votes every game just because he likes to make jokes.
more white knighting bob
Yeah I think so. The defensiveness does set off little pings, but I think on the whole I get a village vibe.
still white knighting bob
I have skimmed. I saw something about phrasing. Bob’s a smart guy despite the class clown act, and I don’t think he had any Freudian slips like that when he wolfed before. Unless I’ve skimmed over something else?
the whitest of knighting
Feels, like all D1 reads.

I would have predicted I died. Instead, I just slept like the dead. Highest grossing month ever! Which is crazy, because work is supposed to be slowing down now.

Waiting to see if I actually have to get caught up in the next 36 hours, or if I’m dead.
re: her village read of April i think

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (1) - alley
MsP (1) - genny
Sporty (1) - Cray
please (1) - shorty
Mel (1) - April
April (1) - Dina
April (2) - Dina, Bob
please
() -
April (1) - Bob
cubs (2) - alley, Dina
alley
(1) - please
genny (1) - cubs
Cray (1) - Sporty
Bob (1) - shorty
Enigma () -
Bob (2) - shorty, AM
genny (2) - cubs, Enigma
Sporty (2) - Cray, MsP
cubs (1) - alley
Bob (3) - shorty, AM, Dina
Sporty (3) - Cray, MsP, Mel
Mel () -
alley (2) - please, April
Bob (2) - shorty, AM
alley (3) - please, April, Dina
Cray () -
alley (4) - please, April, Dina, Sporty

14/14
Sporty (1) - Bob
genny (1) - shorty
Bob (1) - Dina
Bob (2) - Dina, April
cubs (1) - AM
Bob (3) - Dina, April, please
shorty (1) - cubs
genny (2) - shorty, Enigma
Bob (2) - Dina, please
genny (3) - shorty, Enigma, April
shorty () -
genny (4) - shorty, Enigma, April, cubs
Cray (1) - Sporty
April (1) - Mel
genny (3) - shorty, Enigma, April
Bob (3) - Dina, please, Cray
Cray () -
April (2) - Mel, Sporty
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, cubs
Sporty (2) - Bob, MsP
genny (2) - shorty, Enigma
Bob (4) - Dina, please, Cray, April
genny (1) - shorty
April (4) - Mel, Sporty, cubs, Enigma
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, cubs
Bob (5) - Dina, please, Cray, April, Enigma

12/13
Missing: genny

I want to keep a cautious eye on cubs since he repeatedly made posts about bussing but moving off genny if she was ever really in danger.

For now, I'm staying on MsP, but would like readlists from @Melchizedek and @Crayola227 as well.

@cubsrule4e can we talk about your comment yesterday about wanting to see if I moved off genny when the pressure was on her? Seems like a bit of projection.

What about it? Projection how so? I was the first to have a read on and vote genny. I chose to ultimately vote April last night due to the extreme genny inactivity. And if youre asking if that affects my read on you, then yes, you move more village.

So by this logic, as Wolf!cubs, I led a charge on genny for two days, just long enough to get her voted out, and then jumped off, not only losing any village credit I would have received, but on the contrary drawing attention to myself as a wolf as well?

For people who can read genny better or have wolfed with her, does it seem likely she would openly village read a packmate? she consistently names April and AM as top village reads, doesn't say much about others aside from white knighting bob

Can't read genny but she always throws around a lot of WIFOM when she wolves

lol what?

you were voting genny and then you moved off closer to deadline essentially playing a role in "saving" her

So me suggesting that shorty could have been bussing her at some point is ridiculous according to AM, but you think me bussing genny makes perfect sense?

when did I say this? I was asking shorty a question about her read on you

So by this logic, as Wolf!cubs, I led a charge on genny for two days, just long enough to get her voted out, and then jumped off, not only losing any village credit I would have received, but on the contrary drawing attention to myself as a wolf as well?

What? She didn't get voted out. She was killed last night by something.

And once again there was no logic in that post. I was simply asking shorty a question

Apple :love: all pie is good pie

Trying to break up the ISO into readable chunks, here's what I've got so far

I still hate this take on shorty's read posts (shorty is feeling pretty village to me, and her giant reads and ISO posts are 100% normal for villager shorty). Feels reads are valid, especially when it's D1 and there's only three pages of content. Yes, I know some of this boils down to game style differences, but game style differences don't make someone more or less likely to be wolf. A villager would be more likely to acknowledge the difference between game style differences and an actual wolf read than a wolf whose goal is to be deceptive. Still really hate that Mel calls shorty out for lack of contribution when this is his first content post.

Sounds like a way to bait others into a shorty wolf read by getting someone other than himself to point out more sus things. One person wolf reading someone is a lot less powerful, psychologically speaking, than two people doing it.

There is a difference between analyzing someone's actions and analyzing someone's reasoning for their actions. From what I could tell from MsP's post, she didn't think the fact that AM didn't vote for her was wolfy, but she was curious about the reason AM gave for not voting for her. Calling out MsP's logic feels like an easy and deceptive blow.

I kinda disagree here. And no one is acknowledging, and only focusing on Mel criticizing Shorty for her "signature" reads, that he is also criticizing the ways that other players are throwing sketch. Wolves can do that, sure, but assessing the quality of sketch someone is throwing is definitely a legit wolf hunting move.

Kinda interesting people seem to be glossing over this in analyzing Mel (Shorty and April).

He was also in effect defending what TME did, which was a valid point.

Mel always makes me nervous so I'm less inclined to lean him with these things, but seeinf how people respond to him is interesting.

Neutral, I felt weird about her interactions with Sporty as w/v but didn't get a feel for which might be which. I was initially thinking Sporty might be the wolfier of the two but I think I'm leaning Sporty a bit more village now

I kinda disagree here. And no one is acknowledging, and only focusing on Mel criticizing Shorty for her "signature" reads, that he is also criticizing the ways that other players are throwing sketch. Wolves can do that, sure, but assessing the quality of sketch someone is throwing is definitely a legit wolf hunting move.

Kinda interesting people seem to be glossing over this in analyzing Mel (Shorty and April).
I’m village leaning Mel so I’m not sure why I’m grouped in with April. That’s why I made the DocE comment earlier, he also was village and criticized my playstyle the same way.

April’s ISO of Mel felt like mainly white knighting me. Goes with my earlier concerns about her defending people so much, which I’ve seen her do as a wolf.

Just got home and need to do a zoom meeting but then will be around.