WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Go for it. From what I can tell of my meta, I have never talked about or pushed a packmate as hard as I have April or Mel unless I fully intended to ride the bus hard from the station all the way to the end.

Remember how the whole pack was outted because of piss poor interactions that game when I wolfed with Sunny and Alley? And also that game with TME and mkg? That's going from early this year to very recently. Over the span of a year. To think my wolf meta is going to do some 180 in like a month where now I'm writing pages and pages and pages of posts about why my "packmates" are wolfy and need flipped, is a huge stretch.

Even if I was under the guidance of a better or more experienced wolf, I still think I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing them like I have been pushing Mel or April.

I don't push packmates. Doesn't mean I'm above a bus, but that's because at that point the goal has changed. Fate is sealed, no longer trying to save them, they're going down.

Why push packmates that hard when early game you have so many villagers to misyeet? That's why I've always focused on misyeets and not my partners.

I'd love to bring my wolfing up to the next level, but it isn't this game, and in years of WW I've never become proficient at direct on thread packmate interactions.
My concern is in the event that we're wrong on April/Mel and should be looking elsewhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where is @cubsrule4e? Because I think a sound point raised is that if we put mechanics aside, he's more worrisome. The Lawper/Cubs thing if actually true, says village. And Lawper is trying.

Cubs wasn't making a lot of sense and then just disappeared.

With the way Lawper tinfoils, do you think it's possible they cooked up the claims for show?

I'm going nuts. Just about ready for the game to get moved to 12/12.
 
Where is @cubsrule4e? Because I think a sound point raised is that if we put mechanics aside, he's more worrisome. The Lawper/Cubs thing if actually true, says village. And Lawper is trying.

Cubs wasn't making a lot of sense and then just disappeared.

With the way Lawper tinfoils, do you think it's possible they cooked up the claims for show?

I'm going nuts. Just about ready for the game to get moved to 12/12.
I mean, you said you had a similar result from cubs so I don't see how the disabling part of his claim would be false. Still don't think cubs's ability is in any way AI, but what's said on the thread seems to be true.
 
Ironically going off my history of packmate interactions, that analysis would probably point more to a Cray/Shorty or Cray/AM pack more than anything, since I'm village reading you guys most.
Eh, IIRC in Bioshock, your reads on most of your pack were more toward the neutral zone, if anything. I was looking back at those interactions this morning.
Idk. You're still in my neutrals, I'm just feeling a little frozen right now because April today is reminding me SO MUCH of GGoats!April, but Mel is also sounding villagey today.
 
I mean, you said you had a similar result from cubs so I don't see how the disabling part of his claim would be false. Still don't think cubs's ability is in any way AI, but what's said on the thread seems to be true.

I mean the claims about their abilities interacting as they said they did and getting cleared as village as a result.

I don't question Cubs' claim about deactivation since I acted on him and was told he deactivated me. Lol.
 
I mean the claims about their abilities interacting as they said they did and getting cleared as village as a result.

I don't question Cubs' claim about deactivation since I acted on him and was told he deactivated me. Lol.
Oh, well that seems like setting up a rough spot for Lawpy to fakeclaim his interaction with cubs. That means both would have to never be investigated doing anything/or connected to a stopped kill for at least one cycle (for Lawpy) and the rest of the game (for cubs). Pretty risky.
 
Clink Clank Clunk, Something’s On The Move D1 Tally

Enigma () -
cubs (1) - alley
MsP (1) - genny
sporty (3) - cray, MsP, Mel
pleasy () -
mel (0) -
april (1) - Bob
Genny (2) - Cubs, TME
Alley (4) - Pleasy Dina, April, Sporty
Cray (0) -
Bob (2) - shorty, AM,

14/14 votes
Leading: @alleycat03
Missing:
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~ 0 minutes)


sawtooth-gif.343856

Day 2 Confidence Is Quiet...You Are Not Vote Tally

sporty (2) - Bob, MsP
Bob (5) - Dina, pleasy, Cray, April, TME
genny (1) - shorty
cubs (1) - AM
shorty () -
Cray () -
April (3) - Mel, Sporty, Cubs

12/13 votes
Leading: Bob
Missing: Genny
Deadline: 10pm EST (~1 minutes)

Horizon Zero Dawn Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

FINAL Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (4) - April, cubs, Enigma, sport sport
cray ()
April ()
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

10/10 votes
Winner: @SportPonies
Missing: No one!
Deadline: PASSED

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif
Requoting these tallies as i think
 
How are you reading TME?
I've been all over the place with TME, and I know Dina and I felt bad about her because of the genny vote comments she'd made D2, but her claim fits with what she's been saying on thread and that's making me think I might be off base. I'd based my Sporty read off her reactions to the genny vote/her genny read, and that was off, so...

She had some really good posts on D2 and D3 that were a solid gamesolving effort, and I don't want to vote there today anymore.
 
Im behind on thread so Im just going to do a quick post dump before I start catching up since its a vote night. So unless something major happened today that i dont know about heres where I am:

I think Mel or April flip provides the best info at this point and I think Mel is the more wolfy candidate. April had a really sketchy first 2 days and I found myself actually agreeing with Mel on her, but as play has gone on she became a lot more village to me, which being at such odds with Mel moved him farther down the list, and also considering his non existent push on me feels quite strange. Village cleared JOAT also was vouching for april.

If Mel flips wolf, I'll be looking in the TME direction, or maybe even AM. I dont know if anyone agrees, but it feels like AM started the game pretty normal, but ever since Mel has been accumulating votes, it feels like her play has gone kinda flat. Got much quieter and is giving one sentence answers instead of the typical thought out posts.

If Mel flips village, I'll have to do a serious re-eval of April, because I think there's a wolf between them, but I havent been paying as close attention to April's interactions the more IVe been village reading her.

I also dont understand why Cray keeps saying "i look lost" or "dont make any sense." I asked her but she has yet to state why, as far as Ive seen. Unless she's referring to the one specific time I was talking about villagers laying off of me for night actions, which seemed to not make sense to her since players dont know if they are machines or not. I tried to clarify but Im not sure she read it or understood what I was saying. Maybe this could even be subtle shade since she's been very hedgy and "torn" on me. Maybe giving me just enough village cred, waiting for the right time to attempt a misyeet? I dunno, probably not, but something to consider.
 
If Mel flips wolf, I'll be looking in the TME direction, or maybe even AM. I dont know if anyone agrees, but it feels like AM started the game pretty normal, but ever since Mel has been accumulating votes, it feels like her play has gone kinda flat. Got much quieter and is giving one sentence answers instead of the typical thought out posts.
Hmm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been all over the place with TME, and I know Dina and I felt bad about her because of the genny vote comments she'd made D2, but her claim fits with what she's been saying on thread and that's making me think I might be off base. I'd based my Sporty read off her reactions to the genny vote/her genny read, and that was off, so...

She had some really good posts on D2 and D3 that were a solid gamesolving effort, and I don't want to vote there today anymore.
What do you make of aprils and TME voting bobs D2?
 
If my flip is what it's going to take to finally get Mel yeeted, then so be it.
Again this is feeling strangely like goats where I feel like I'm shouting into a void for days about someone who's extremely wolfy but that somehow makes me the wolf. The fact that his yeet has so much resistance despite him being at the top of almost everyone's POE should mean something to you guys.
These both just don't feel like something a wolf would say. Particularly the top one.

I don't think wolf!Cray would have role revealed just to try to misyeet a villager. And it seemed the conflicting reveals with Cubs resolved in a v/v way and Cray dropped it once she realized what likely happened. Wolf!Cray most likely wouldn't have revealed at all, and if she went through all that risk, I think she would have tried to hammer it home for a Cubs misyeet instead of being as understanding as she was.

Regarding my ability, if she was a wolf who got that night result, she could have easily twisted it into a way that makes me look hella sketchy if she wanted to get me misyeeted. Especially considering she was already waffling between whether to believe me or Mel, which felt like a stuck villager and not like a wolf giving herself an out to switch to me later on. Instead, she took the night result in its entirety and correctly village read me for it and moved onto wolf reading Mel.

This really feels like she's game solving rather than trying to misyeet. She's taking all possibilities into consideration and internalizing them before making a sound decision, whereas a wolf would be a lot more likely to use those leverage points to her advantage and cause misyeets. Her tone also sounds like village!Cray, but that's the smallest of reasons here.
I like the analysis here, too.
 
What do you make of aprils and TME voting bobs D2?
I have more concern about TME doing it than April - April was self prezzing. TME had moved her vote initially to April and then to Bob because moving to April made another tie. I don't really understand why TME moved in the first place when there was a tie - it was a reasonable assumption that April would move to break it and save herself, so I'm not sure why TME chose to move - and then once April had moved, why she (TME) didn't go back to genny.
 
Mostly the overall tone, which reminds me a lot more of previous wolfy defenses that I’ve seen than it does genuine village defenses. I know you argue that you’re always wolf read, but I don’t think I’ve ever played with you in a game where we both survived this long, so I’m not basing this on any meta I have for you. I’m on mobile right now so hard to go back by individual quotes but will take a look later when on computer to pull out specifics (or see if I change my mind on you)

A ranked order is tough because I continue to find a lot of my wolfiest reads incompatible with each other, so I’ll do it in groupings:

The “under the radar” group: as I said, I’m very concerned that there’s a wolf in this cluster. I think my concern order (from wolfy to less) might be Lawpy>shorty>AM. I do have concerns about a shorty/AM pack since I very disagree with how strongly she’s clearing shorty, but that also just seems like regular AM to some extent.

The “middle of the road” group:
cray vs. Cubs. I feel like there haven’t been as strong of pushes against either so I could see each of them compatible with more people. About equal concern.

Either very wolf or very not wolf: April vs. Mel. You’ve been pushing each other hard enough that it’s either a great display of deep wolf bussing, an incredibly unfortunate v/v fight, or one of you has successfully found a wolf and the other is fighting back. Right now some of my concerns about April have started getting resolved, so Mel>April

This does bother me, since AM basically cleared shorty with the genny vote, and apparently her only reasoning for leaning me wolfy is the mere suggestion i made of a possible bus, which was deemed impossible.
 
I dont know if anyone agrees, but it feels like AM started the game pretty normal, but ever since Mel has been accumulating votes, it feels like her play has gone kinda flat. Got much quieter and is giving one sentence answers instead of the typical thought out posts.
I will agree that AM feels FAR less involved in driving the thread recently. my last encounter with wolf AM was the opposite of this, but this feels off in the opposite direction.
genny was still in the tie until Dina moved her vote to Bob at 8:56 PM.
Will also note that Mel voted (for the first time that cycle) one minute after this.
@TelemarketingEnigma this originally was addressed to shorty, but I know you were also tone reading my play this cycle so I want your thoughts on this.
my reasons that april has been resolving actually have less to do with her arguments/pushes/tone and more to do with other small details getting cleared up. Nothing has made me move you up yet. both of your arguments seem like they could either be genuine or wolfy
I think I missed this before but could you tell me which pairing you think it most likely among v/v, w/v, and w/w?
leaning mel-w/april-v > april-w/mel-v > v/v

w/w feels unlikely but would be an impressive wolfy effort
 
Eh, IIRC in Bioshock, your reads on most of your pack were more toward the neutral zone, if anything. I was looking back at those interactions this morning.
Idk. You're still in my neutrals, I'm just feeling a little frozen right now because April today is reminding me SO MUCH of GGoats!April, but Mel is also sounding villagey today.
Mel's tone alone doesn't ping me. And honestly I'm not giving him village points for that, because he's an experienced player with a difficult to differentiate wolf vs village meta and tone. What's really set it off for me is who he's decided to push, when, and why.

Quite honestly if Mel had never prompted me to do an ISO on him, I never would have re-evaluated how he made those pushes and I might not have ended up wolf reading him. If I was going off of tone alone and not his interactions or pushes, I might even be village reading him right now, so I don't see him sounding villagey (especially for only one day) being a useful way to have a comprehensive and accurate read of him.
 
I have more concern about TME doing it than April - April was self prezzing. TME had moved her vote initially to April and then to Bob because moving to April made another tie. I don't really understand why TME moved in the first place when there was a tie - it was a reasonable assumption that April would move to break it and save herself, so I'm not sure why TME chose to move - and then once April had moved, why she (TME) didn't go back to genny.
tbh it was because i was panicking about ties and looking at vote totals rather than who was on each particular vote, and counting is hard

a bad defense but it's the truth
 
I'm not sure wolf!April would try to bully me into a pocket. She has pocketed me in the past, but it was by agreeing with a lot of what I was saying and pushing many of the same people I was pushing.

I'd really like it if we could discuss Cray more. I wasn't expecting Sporty to flip village, and I've been thinking about reevaluating Cray since then. There have been some things that have pinged me that also pinged me in Bioshock, especially given that in another game after that, she made a post specifically saying how she thought I was so easy to pocket and what I would fall for.

I hadn't moved her out of my neutrals for this reason, and while the posts last night getting paranoid about me and AM actually made me feel a little better, I'm still feeling uneasy.

Oh, that was the other thing that bothered me about Cray and also Mel. If you consider Dina, AM, shorty, and lawpy all in village or village leans, I think youve got a wolf and possibly two on that SP vote.
 
If Mel flips wolf, I'll be looking in the TME direction, or maybe even AM. I dont know if anyone agrees, but it feels like AM started the game pretty normal, but ever since Mel has been accumulating votes, it feels like her play has gone kinda flat. Got much quieter and is giving one sentence answers instead of the typical thought out posts.
I did notice that too, but I can't tell if that's just her freezing up under the pressure of us expecting her to read Lawpy perfectly combined with the pressure to vote in a game that has so many decent village reads. I'm inclined to say she's village but I wouldn't be opposed to re-evaluating her if it becomes necessary.
 
I'll eat a hat if AM isn't village, tbh. There are other people I'd be a lot more concerned about first.
Can always reevaluate village reads, she just wouldn't be my first priority. Partially based on thread behavior and partially based on our PM that we had the other night.

I do hope she comes back soon, she hasn't even voted yet.
 
I'll eat a hat if AM isn't village, tbh. There are other people I'd be a lot more concerned about first.
Can always reevaluate village reads, she just wouldn't be my first priority. Partially based on thread behavior and partially based on our PM that we had the other night.

I do hope she comes back soon, she hasn't even voted yet.

Not saying its AI, per se, but do you think her tone/activity has shifted the second part of the game? Or reading it as the same?
 
Not saying its AI, per se, but do you think her tone/activity has shifted the second part of the game? Or reading it as the same?
She's definitely less active. My understanding is it's not unusual for her to get a little frozen when Mel's up for yeet and it's NAI (for both of them).
Hoping she picks back up though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, this is your daily reminder that I’m village.

My gameplay was subpar the first day or two. I’m owning up to that. I wasn’t reading closely and was busy. Activity is NAI, so at least cut me some slack and consider that villagers may flounder the first couple of days especially without a night kill flip N1. I feel like if this was anyone but me, I’d be given that benefit of doubt

Since then though. I have made good analysis, good theories, and done my best to make sure everyone is evaluated and is evaluating other people.

Some of you have agreed with things I’ve pointed out. That’s because I’m pointing out things that make sense not trying to push my own agenda.

I am village.

Headed home from work. I’ll be around again for the hour before deadline. Make good choices 😛
 
Last edited:
Hi, this is your daily reminder that I’m village.

My gameplay was subpar the first day or two. I’m owning up to that. I wasn’t reading closely and was busy. Activity is NAI, so at least cut me some slack and consider that villagers may flounder couple of days especially without a night kill flip N1. I feel like if this was anyone but me, I’d be given that benefit of doubt

Since then though. I have made good analysis, good theories, and done my best to make sure everyone is evaluated and is evaluating other people.

Some of you have agreed with things I’ve pointed out. That’s because I’m pointing out things that make sense not trying to push my own agenda.

I am village.

Headed home from work. I’ll be around again for the hour before deadline. Make good choices 😛

So if we exclude April, and in absence of a self prez situation, who would you vote tonight?
 
Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (2) - April, cubs
cray ()
April (1) - Mel
sport sport (5) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM

8/10 votes
Leading: @SportPonies
Missing: @SportPonies @TelemarketingEnigma
Deadline: 10pm EST (~1 hour)

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

yeet mel

either way we will at least get info on quite a few people

Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (3) - April, cubs, Enigma
cray ()
April (1) - Mel
sport sport (5) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM

9/10 votes
Leading: @SportPonies
Missing: @SportPonies
Deadline: 10pm EST (~50 minutes)

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

Unvote April
Vote Sporty


Self-prez. Because I've made my point, and I already smell the waffles. This is just like all the sketch people thought I was for pushing Cubs and thought I was a good vote for info. Except this time, I'm not a good choice for village to lose on an egg cracking expedition.
Feels like this self prez played a critical role in sealing sporty yeet
Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (3) - April, cubs, Enigma
cray ()
April ()
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

9/10 votes
Leading: @SportPonies
Missing: @SportPonies
Deadline: 10pm EST (~20 minutes)

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

Yeet April
Sporty vote on aprils
Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (3) - April, cubs, Enigma
cray ()
April (1) - sport sport
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

9/10 votes
Leading: @SportPonies
Missing: No one!
Deadline: 10pm EST (~9 minutes)

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

Unyeet april
Yeet mel I guess

Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (4) - April, cubs, Enigma, sport sport
cray ()
April ()
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

10/10 votes
Leading: @SportPonies
Missing: No one!
Deadline: 10pm EST (1 MINUTE! )

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

FINAL Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

Lawpy ()
Mel (4) - April, cubs, Enigma, sport sport
cray ()
April ()
sport sport (6) - shorty, lawpy, cray, Dina, AM, Mel

10/10 votes
Winner: @SportPonies
Missing: No one!
Deadline: PASSED

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif
 
My gameplay was subpar the first day or two. I’m owning up to that. I wasn’t reading closely and was busy. Activity is NAI, so at least cut me some slack and consider that villagers may flounder the first couple of days especially without a night kill flip N1. I feel like if this was anyone but me, I’d be given that benefit of doubt
Ah so when I make mistakes D1 and say it's because villagers don't have all the answers it's called a wolfy defense, but when you say it it's perfectly acceptable
But why would a villager switch from a wolf to a villager in a tie if there was no self prez pressure?
If you're talking about D1, it's because villagers don't have the answers and can sometimes make mistakes, as it seems a few other villagers did that day too.
because a wolf would never use THAT as a defense

Anyway, what concerns me about your voting history is D2. Sure, it's still early in the game, but it's more than a coincidence that when Genny was in danger, you shrugged off that yeet as a possibility, instead pushing me (someone I know is village) and changed your read on Bob from village to wolf (a confirmed villager) while simultaneously changing your read on shorty (a very green supposed villager) from wolf to village once you realized that yeet wasn't progressing. If it was just one or two of those, I could give you benefit of the doubt, but all four at the same time on the same day when a confirmed wolf was in danger of being yeeted SCREAMS wolfy TMI as well as wolfy misyeet strategy to me.
 
Although even if Mels remained on aprils, the vote margins would've probably been like Mels 3, aprils 2 and sporty 5.

That TME vote is interesting as well. Stays off the main wagon but puts Mel in a 5-3 situation, that could have easily reversed... although if Mel is village, and we know SP was, then "either way we'll get good info on someone" could just be "meh, either way we get a villager."
 
Day 3 To Serve A Purpose Greater Than Yourself Tally

MsP (1) - AM
Mel (3) - April, cubs, Dina
cray ()
sporty (1) - shorty

5/10 votes
Leading: @Melchizedek
Missing: Half
Deadline: 10pm EST (~8 hours)

horizon-zero-dawn-aloy.gif

#### vote MsP ####

Would like to have some pressure here too. Not that she responds to pressure, but if one or both of Mel and MsP are wolves I'd like to see how it's handled with both of them being viable wagons today for yeet.

Ok this is interesting, i need to read through the reasons for the Mels votes

But for now:

yeet sporty

#### unyeet MsLawpy ###

#### yeet Sporty ####
@cubsrule4e
 
Dina was vote #4, If I voted Mel before Cray, that means Cray put SP in the lead at 3-2.
That's not what my tracker reflects.

Dina was the 4th person to vote that day, yes, but her first vote was on Mel. The first Sporty vote didn't come until I voted for her just before 1 PM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah so when I make mistakes D1 and say it's because villagers don't have all the answers it's called a wolfy defense, but when you say it it's perfectly acceptable




Anyway, what concerns me about your voting history is D2. Sure, it's still early in the game, but it's more than a coincidence that when Genny was in danger, you shrugged off that yeet as a possibility, instead pushing me (someone I know is village) and changed your read on Bob from village to wolf (a confirmed villager) while simultaneously changing your read on shorty (a very green supposed villager) from wolf to village once you realized that yeet wasn't progressing. If it was just one or two of those, I could give you benefit of the doubt, but all four at the same time on the same day when a confirmed wolf was in danger of being yeeted SCREAMS wolfy TMI as well as wolfy misyeet strategy to me.
Because I floundering around and once again at least trying to make my own sense of things.

Your floundering around consisted of sitting on an RVS vote all day and then sheeping village.
 
If Mel flips wolf, I'll be looking in the TME direction, or maybe even AM. I dont know if anyone agrees, but it feels like AM started the game pretty normal, but ever since Mel has been accumulating votes, it feels like her play has gone kinda flat. Got much quieter and is giving one sentence answers instead of the typical thought out posts.
I'm not sure why you're implying my play is typically outside of one-liners when you've been playing with me for three years now.
This does bother me, since AM basically cleared shorty with the genny vote, and apparently her only reasoning for leaning me wolfy is the mere suggestion i made of a possible bus, which was deemed impossible.
That's because shorty didn't start up the genny vote by going "golly gee whiz, I sure bet genny would be bussed if she were wolfing here" before genny even flipped or had wagon traction.

And, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but you have bussed before, including a time where genny was your partner, yes?