WildZoo's WWildZoo- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your bouncy bounce repeated words thing was the most contagious. Not even my drunkpost style and still! My favorite is that drunk-typing and then running it through the drunkpost generator turned your name into skiotater.
YES. I SUCCEEDED IN MY GOAL

hahaha i really loved the otater part

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tis a good time when your manatee gets a manatee of their own. Welcome to grandmanatorhood!
It's funny, I didn't think about it until after the Dark Circus game, but I had grandmanatees there too! Deva, Aloha, and Sandy were manators in that game, and were my manatees in the Child's Play game :love: The dubz family continues to grow!

Reactions: 3 users
I found the original manatee list with @WildZoo and @Mad Jack

Not many have continued playing, it looks like. Only @JaynaAli continued with a couple others.

Now onto the nitty gritty:

Mentor & Manatee Pairings
The Wolves: ES, GIT, kittyy, Jayna – Escalla & WTF
Aggie – LIS
WZ – Allieh
Haxx – JJ
WC – SnS
Gella – Wildcat
SV88 – Dvm
CL – lissa
Epipen – swings
Rxelle – WTF
BS – samoa
Remi – cyndia
Beagle – Phil’s Lab
MJ – kaydubs
Ashes – lupin
BI – dyachei
Sandcat – STL
98felines – Chillbo
UFO – Chillbo
Willows – DocE
Mags – nyanko
Rww – nohika

Huge thanks to all the mentors who took the time to help with the game! Much appreciated! Especially the wolf mentors – Escalla & WTF – who had a very steep hill to climb with their group of manatees to try to groom them into wolves.

WW Lessons
1. Never trust SOV
2. Do not reveal everything on thread, do not roll reveal right away
3. Do not trust anyone fully ever, it is WW
4. Spreadsheets are only about as good as you can throw them and really I do not recommend throwing your computer – use your brains!
5. WW is serious business

I could go on forever, but I will let SOV do the rest.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not many have continued playing, it looks like. Only Jayna continued with a couple others.
Most of them aren't even around anymore at all! I had good manators to get started. That game was fun, even though I was the first wolf to die.

I feel like not that many people enjoyed drinky drunk day. That was fun, I had a great time.

Plus I let y'all do a sentence of drunk and multiple paragraphs of sober English. French day didn't let you do that! Can't say I never do anything for y'all. ;)

I didn't participate in the day, but had I, I would have shared STL's frustration.

At its heart, WW is partly a communication game. Anything that discourages communication diminishes gameplay, imo. I know when I have limitations like that, I just sigh and decide "Ok, not gonna play today." Or, at a minimum, it severely limits my playing.

That's why silencing sucks (though some limited amount can be pretty strategic). It's why French day, or whatever language it was, truly sucked. Things like that seem great ahead of time, but they end up not being so amazing.

Just my opinion. Obviously, some people love them because of the humor value.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't participate in the day, but had I, I would have shared STL's frustration.

At its heart, WW is partly a communication game. Anything that discourages communication diminishes gameplay, imo. I know when I have limitations like that, I just sigh and decide "Ok, not gonna play today." Or, at a minimum, it severely limits my playing.

That's why silencing sucks (though some limited amount can be pretty strategic). It's why French day, or whatever language it was, truly sucked. Things like that seem great ahead of time, but they end up not being so amazing.

Drinky drunk!!!!!

Hey now, I was incredibly lenient. I only did the post restriction to make up for canceling night. This post would've even counted for the posting restriction. It was insanely lenient.

My thing was, we didn't force people to only communicate drunkenly. So, was up to the players how much they wanted to do it and how much they wanted to make it easier to communicate, we left it pretty open. If you had been around that day you could have decided to just throw a hiccup at the end of your posts and that would have been enough.

And village got a wolf that day anyway, so all in all, the communication issue didn't seem to be a problem when it counted.

Silencing does suck though ;)

Drinky drunk!!!!!

Hey now, I was incredibly lenient. I only did the post restriction to make up for canceling night. This post would've even counted for the posting restriction. It was insanely lenient.

It's your game, you do what you want. If you find it funny ... that's cool.

I just personally think it lessens the game rather than improves it. But obviously you think it improves it. That's fine.

And village got a wolf that day anyway, so all in all, the communication issue didn't seem to be a problem when it counted.

Silencing does suck though ;)

it was problem in that i checked out because i was not going to try to defend myself with drunk talk, and by the time the rule was clarified i had already peaced out

C'mon. "Hey, it worked once" is a really bad argument for just about anything. Never use exceptions to try and dismiss a reasonable generalization.

Yeah, I just don't participate on those days. Plus already difficult to keep up when you work long days with normal posts, add in abnormal ones and you've lost me. But to each their own.

it was problem in that i checked out because i was not going to try to defend myself with drunk talk, and by the time the rule was clarified i had already peaced out
With over half the day left?
I mean I get it. That's why it was clarified. A couple people were already posting with one drunken line and the rest normal by the time I clarified as well.
C'mon. "Hey, it worked once" is a really bad argument for just about anything. Never use exceptions to try and dismiss a reasonable generalization.
That was a little tongue in cheek haha It just still tickles me that STL was griping about it but it worked out in his favor at the end of the day.

I do think it worked better with Haxx's post restrictions in the SND Redux Redux game though, where from the outset it was stated as a reference to the post restriction, but interfered with communication less (I think we even had a drunken day there? Can't remember). That's what I was going for with the clarification as well.

I read french day and that was ridiculous. I liked drunk day, although I think it might've been useful to have the amount of drunk needed per post set out initially so people would know they could *hic* and move on if they weren't into it. They'd still have to read drunk, but... it can be fun and it can be used in strategic ways which I like. Though I don't think that benefits village.

Omg. My grand-manatee is from FL, too.
It was meant to beeeee
from FL and was hoping to be a wolf his 1st time. You sure have an awesome grand-manatee! :love:

We might just have to have a game based on the Dubz family sometime. Especially as it keeps growing

And wolfing together would be awesome! Love how you collect those that love wolfing :D

if you include step-manators and wolf pups you've got a number of roles available. Throw in baby mods and you've got plenty :D

You've got plenty of games in the works but want to collaborate on this?
Let's do it!!! Dubz Family Reunion! :D

from FL and was hoping to be a wolf his 1st time. You sure have an awesome grand-manatee! :love:

We might just have to have a game based on the Dubz family sometime. Especially as it keeps growing

And wolfing together would be awesome! Love how you collect those that love wolfing :D
Bah humbug. Just about everyone in pre-vet SDN was delivered by Doc SOV or progeny of those delivered by me. You are ALL my kids.
ANd I want to disown the lot of you!!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
With over half the day left?
I mean I get it. That's why it was clarified. A couple people were already posting with one drunken line and the rest normal by the time I clarified as well.

yes, with over half the day left. i said, i'm not going to be able to read or process any of this, and peaced out.

Bah humbug. Just about everyone in pre-vet SDN was delivered by Doc SOV or progeny of those delivered by me. You are ALL my kids.
ANd I want to disown the lot of you!!!!!!
You couldn't get rid of us if you tried :love:

yes, with over half the day left. i said, i'm not going to be able to read or process any of this, and peaced out.
I did the same. Way to busy to read through that nonsense. I checked the lynch vote, saw we weren't likely to be lynched and went along my way ignoring all of that nonsense.

IMO one person with a posting restriction is fun, everyone is too much.
But then again, I hate books written in "dialect" as well. That is painful and boring for me.

Though I am pretty disappointed this didn't get to be used for my writeup when it was originally me dying and being in first place all day with no one willing to hear me out on my Death Day. This was a damn good picture and I was crying laughing while making all my ****post pictures that day because I was salty and decided I was going to post a lot and annoy you all because no one was willing to listen to me that there was a second blocker out there and that I wasn't the wolf blocker (COUGH COUGH STL COUGH COUGH)

Also, if you goons had given me any indication that I possibly would have lived BEFORE THE LAST FIVE MINUTES BEFORE CLOSE I would've gotten an action in and blocked SOV and the conversion..... Soooooo...... Maybe have discussions a bit sooner than the last five minutes in the future......................
I worked all day to find a way it wasn't you. Not my fault you didn't spill it until the end. ;)

I did say at the very beginning of the day though! No one would listen (COUGH COUGH STL COUGH COUGH)
There was no evidence at that point, just your word. It wasn't even you that flipped me, it was when conversation started back up that got me