WildZoo's WWildZoo- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is the problem with today's youth, they believe you can just throw a sauce and/or marinade over anything and that's cooking. SMH

It's not?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 9

The Zookeepers were increasingly frustrated with the remaining animals in the zoo. The Grizzly Bear kept getting drunk and yelling "no u" at everyone, the Penguin kept getting out of her enclosure and shaking her tail feathers at the Grizzly Bear. The Spider had spent so much time weaving his web that he was missing, where was he? The Camel and the Porcupine were stuck in the Spider's web and were trying to communicate with the Red Panda and the Two-Toed Sloth, but no one could really understand what they were saying. All that was left were three Zookeepers who were very confused what to do with their zoo. Do we shut down the zoo? Kidnap the cute, cuddly animals and leave the rest to fend for themself? Sell the animals to pay for their student loans?

Meanwhile, the animals gathered around the Porcupine, who was balled up and silent. They kept trying to ask it questions, but the Porcupine couldn't talk. "I know!" shouts the Penguin. "We can make her talk by dunking her in my tank- surely Porcupines can't swim well!" The animals agreed that it was a good idea. They all started rolling her towards the Penguin enclosure, a spiny, poky snowball stabbing all who touched her. At the enclosure, they tried to get her to talk but she couldn't! The Spider spun her limbs together with his web and they all pushed her in, celebrating. The Porcupine immediately sunk to the bottom of the pool and drowned.

Dead is @genny
a Porcupine who would protect the player of her choosing every night

Well... that is, until she got converted. In this case, she is a Porcupine with no special abilities.

The village celebrated their victory! The zoo was safe! The Zookeepers went to celebrate with their favorite animals. Cdo went to the Red Panda who jumped in her arms in celebration. Trilt found her Two-Toed Sloth who didn't do much but yawn a lot- but it was cute. Even Dubz tried to celebrate with the Grizzly Bear, but he swatted at her and growled a lot. The Zoo was finally safe (but lame af- who would go to a zoo with only 6 animals in it?).

Village wins!!

Active Exhibits:
12. @strider144- Spider
17@SummerTheLynx- Grizzly Bear
19. @Lupin21- Penguin
20. @LadyOtheFarm- Red Panda
21. @thedrjojo- Camel
23. @Caia- Two- Toed Sloth

Closed Exhibits:
3. @sheltermed- Pigeon
14. @hazelmoo- Elephant
10. @raf2769- Bald Eagle
1. @Frozenshades - Three-Toed Sloth
9. @Jilary- Otter
16. @mmmdreamerz- Meerkat
6. @finnickthedog- Chimpanzee
5. @nyanko- Hippo
11. @cheathac- Tiger
13. @DVMDream- Snow Leopard
4. @LyraGardenia- Beetle
15. @PippyPony- Gorilla
7. @Animal Midwife- Jaguar
24. @Coopah- Platypus
8. @SkiOtter- Rhino
18. @LetItSnow/ @StartingoverVet- Zebra
2. @guisantes- Lion
22. @genny- Porcupine

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
@Lupin21 stop repeating me
been wanting to say that all game :)

pretty much when you gave advice to my manatee, I had shortly before said something very similar. You and I were on quite the same wavelength this game :laugh:

and @guisantes what was with the :p in your pm with Strider? All I did was be a source of WW knowledge and encouragement. Everything else was Strider. So if anyone had ended up fooling you, it would have been Strider and not me :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Good game, all!

If LISOV is a wolf, and they played an absentee game, then whatever they will always be my back up vote.

Eh. You do you, but for the record:

I played the absentee game because (gasp) I was actually absentee. I shouldn't have signed up, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad. Once I realized it was, I sub'd out. (Thanks for stepping into an awkward spot, @StartingoverVet ...)

I <HATE> the absentee game and would never - village, wolf, neutral, chaos - play an entire absentee game as an intentional strategy. It's just not fun.

Seriously - don't care if you make me a backup vote for it, but I do care if you think I'd *intentionally* play an absentee game. That's not fun for anyone, so I wouldn't do it. Not with intent. Bad judgment, sure. But not by plan.

Reactions: 1 users
So who is the dang silencer? And how did that work? I am guessing genny was not actually silenced?

pick me. I know the answer :)

Strider had the ball last night which boosted him. He then had to choose 2 people instead of 1 to silence. No choice in not using the ability. You'll have to ask him why he chose who he did

Reactions: 1 user
Good game, all!

Eh. You do you, but for the record:

I played the absentee game because (gasp) I was actually absentee. I shouldn't have signed up, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad. Once I realized it was, I sub'd out. (Thanks for stepping into an awkward spot, @StartingoverVet ...)

I <HATE> the absentee game and would never - village, wolf, neutral, chaos - play an entire absentee game as an intentional strategy. It's just not fun.

Seriously - don't care if you make me a backup vote for it, but I do care if you think I'd *intentionally* play an absentee game. That's not fun for anyone, so I wouldn't do it. Not with intent. Bad judgment, sure. But not by plan.
This wasn't directed at you of the two of you :). I know why you were absent early on, the person working with you was more inactive than usual

Sorry the game ended pretty lame (especially to Genny. Sorry friend.) But I hope y'all at least ~somewhat~ enjoyed yourself.

OH. And for the record, that quote that y'all kept focusing in on?

Well one isn't as fun as two. So. No. [We] care not for such frivolous things."

Was from @Frozenshades and we were talking about balls. It was insanely amusing to watch y'all dissect that sentence.

Were you actually going to tunnel on me if Genny wasn't silenced?
Haha, My actual order was as follows:
1. Stridor (only because I felt strongly about her being silencer and she wasn't taking credit for it, and then was absent)
2. genny
3. Rojo
4. Yourself
5. Lupin (although she was higher earlier to be fair)
6. LoTF
7. Myself

Gotta stay alive somehow ;).!

@Lupin21 stop repeating me
been wanting to say that all game :)

pretty much when you gave advice to my manatee, I had shortly before said something very similar. You and I were on quite the same wavelength this game :laugh:

and @guisantes what was with the :p in your pm with Strider? All I did was be a source of WW knowledge and encouragement. Everything else was Strider. So if anyone had ended up fooling you, it would have been Strider and not me :p

Yeah I figured! I was just implying that I think you're a good wolf and capable of mentoring someone else to be a good wolf. That was the point when I started to get extremely paranoid that strider was the convert and I had spent the whole day talking to a wolf. End game gives me anxiety hahahaha

Reactions: 2 users
Haha, My actual order was as follows:
1. Stridor (only because I felt strongly about her being silencer and she wasn't taking credit for it, and then was absent)
2. genny
3. Rojo
4. Yourself
5. Lupin (although she was higher earlier to be fair)
6. LoTF
7. Myself

Gotta stay alive somehow ;).!

Glad to hear it. ;)

By the way, @LetItSnow wins my vote for favorite post of the game. In the wolf chat, when I suggested that the old men could hydra instead of be completely replaced LIS said the following.

I picture:

SOV: lynch STL
LIS: unlynch STL, lynch Nyanko
SOV: unlynch Nyanko, lynch STL
SOV:
Old_14046c_296700.gif

LIS:
giphy.gif

SOV:
giphy.gif

STL: OMG, WOULD YOU TWO STOP IT SO WE CAN FOCUS ON FINDING WOLVES????????
LIS:
200.gif

Reactions: 10 users
Because y'all like spreadsheets/ to see behind the scenes.

Village:
Chimpanzee and Gorilla
- You are the masons. Your kind don't interact much in the wild, but here in the zoo your exhibits are right next to each other. Each of you would know if the other was up to something. Put those primate brains together to root out the wolves! Just remember, you don't want them knowing about your connection. Do not use the word mason on the thread.
Rhino- Each night you may use your intimidating presence to keep an animal from leaving their exhibit and getting up to any mischief.
Bald eagle- You are the ultimate symbol of freedom, and as such you can take the opportunity every night to fly past the confines of your habitat and perch outside another's. Little can be hidden from your eagle eyes, so you will be able to determine their affiliation.
Porcupine- Burrow out of your exhibit and stand guard outside someone else's each night to protect them from harm. You may also protect yourself if you like. You cannot protect the same player on consecutive nights. [protects against kills only]
Red panda- Who would want to kill a creature so adorable? Because everyone loves you, you will be able to avoid either one lynch or one night attack.
Lion- Your mighty roar strikes fear into the heart of any animal. Use it once during the game to kill a player. It can only be used during the day.
Penguin- You tend to glide all over the place to get out of trouble, and cancel a lynch one time. Beware- penguins aren't always graceful. If you choose to cancel a lynch, there will be a post restriction the next day for all players.
Meerkat- Standing guard over the zoo has it's perks. Every night, you will receive random snippets of the wolf chat every night. Once you do, you'd do well to go back into your tunnel, because if you discovered by a nefarious animal, you will die immediately.
Spider- Seriously misunderstood creatures, spiders are. [insert Hagrid gif] But, because maintenance staff tend to avoid you, your web grows larger than expected. You must use your web every even night to silence a player for the following day.
Otter- Resourceful, you're known to scour your exhibit every day to look for different materials to use to create tools. The decisions of what you want to make are up to you. You may not make the same type of item (protection, attack, seering, ) more than once. This item you created will be swept away in the filter, and appear in a random animal's exhibit.
Two toed sloth- You don't really do much besides for sleep and eat, and that's perfectly okay! You can't do anything special, but you are Trilt's favorite- that might come in handy later.
Grizzly bear- You must've been hibernating when the other animals received their abilities, because you are vanillager. You snooze, you lose!
Snow leopard- While your spotted camouflage is great for hunting prey, it's not very effective in having abilities.
Jaguar- Last I checked, Jaguar, you were hiding at the very back of the enclosure when the zookeepers were passing out abilities. Rather than risk losing a limb, the zookeepers decided to just not give you special abilities.
Tiger- Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Tiger, you are always overshadowed by the lion, and have no extraordinary abilities (I'd blame the Lion King).
Camel- You don't do anything really special, but hey at least you have awesome hydrating humps.
Beetle- Besides for over enthusiastic children with their parents and the occasional insect lover, no one tends to visit your enclosure. Because of this, you have no abilities.
Platypus- You've gained some popularity over the last couple years, but there's so much we still don't know about you. You might be an egg laying mammal, but that's about all you can do- you have no abilities.

Woofs: (one conversion possible- three attempts. Cannot convert and kill at the same time unless a wolf has been upgraded. Player will lose ability when converted)
Elephants- As the mighty elephant, you've given Cdo her fair share of problems this year. Every night, you (somehow) manage to sneak out of your enclosure to peek at an animal of your choosing and see what ability, if anything, they possess.
Hippos- Each night you may use your intimidating presence to keep an animal from leaving their exhibit and performing any ability.
Zebras- Evolution is in your favor for this game. Your black and white striped patterns allow you to seer as village. If looked at again, on a separate night, it will show your true nefarious affiliation.
Three toed sloth- Ahh the three toed sloth. Everyone knows that Trilt loves sloths, but she doesn't like you as much as she likes the two toed sloth. If you are alive at end game, you cannot win if the two toed sloth is alive.

Neutral:
Pigeons
- don't really belong in a zoo but boy are you always around. You don't do that much, but regardless how the zoo goes, you're still gonna be around. You win by surviving to the end.

Dead:
PA system
. Use this how you want, every odd day, all messages are subject to modproval. I encourage vengeful dead behavior. Will not approve "X is a wolf". PA messages will appear in that night's write up as a ghastly voice over the intercom.

Spectators: human visitors to the zoo. Will get kicked out for feeding the animals :p

Items: one item RNG distributed at the beginning of the night cycle, must be used by the following lynch close or it breaks. (the zookeepers have decided to give you some enrichment). (I'd like to keep it in order and cycle it- so it'd go 1,2,3,1,2,3,1, etc). Cannot receive both this item and Otter's item in the same night, will reroll the RNG dice for the zookeeper's item in that case.

#1- Mating- Ooh la la! Take a whiff of the pheromones in the air, you know what that smell is? The smell of desperation! We're going to defy reality and let you mate (have an PM chat) with the player of your choosing for the one full day and night cycle. The zookeepers will get the PM set up for you (and then turn around to give you two some privacy :naughty: )
#2- Big fancy ball- You got back to your enclosure and discovered a big fancy ball! You decide to play with the ball. (If it failed it'll be: Nothing happened!) With all that enrichment, you feel happy enough for a one time ability boost!
#3- Food- You stumbled upon some extra food! Food is the currency of the animal world. Use it to bribe the mods and ask-a-mod a question.

Reactions: 4 users
So, did raf seer the platypus and just assume blocker was bad?

Yep lol n1 I was blocked by an intimidating presence, and I figured there's no way that could be good, and the I died n2. I assumed the wolves blocked me and had news of a successful block and found out I had an ability that way. I got seer results of coop being a village platypus before I died n2.

I didn't assume there was only one blocker in the game, so my message said to not trust "one with the ability to block," not "THE one with ability to block." I enjoyed that my little message got to play a decent role in the game since I wasn't really able to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had fun playing and watching from afar! Thanks mods

Finally, one thing that kinda made me laugh/ made me roll my eyes were the "Oh a Dubz game would never do X!" Or a "Oh a Trilt game would definitely do X" and I did the opposite of expectations. My slothy co-mods primarily helped to make sure that I didn't burn down the zoo, but when it came to it the person who designed it all...

Was me! ;)
f9f19fade80cc259ebae03b32dcae79326bf0b74_hq.gif

Still, I'm incredibly appreciative of @Trilt and @WildZoo for helping me! I hope y'all had fun, I know I did! Better luck next time wolves (and neutral lol)!!!

Oh and @LadyOtheFarm I enjoyed having you be me (Red Pandas are always my favorite) but I'll take my avatar back now! ;)

89b77509b7826e4a446202274a45439b.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
It seems unlikely for anyone here to kill rojo night 1 while I'm playing again. The effects were pretty neat. I did not expect it.

Thanks all, had a lot of fun!

Sorry the game ended pretty lame (especially to Genny. Sorry friend.) But I hope y'all at least ~somewhat~ enjoyed yourself.
I had a blast! Thank you, thank you!

damn, and genny might have gotten away with that if they had started that question game earlier. Trying to kill a gal while she watches Hot Fuzz with her mum??? Bad form!!
Nah, I suspected her too much not to make sure she was lynched first. (At least by me.)

Oh and @LadyOtheFarm I enjoyed having you be me (you're always my favorite) but I'll take my avatar back now! ;)

89b77509b7826e4a446202274a45439b.jpg
Thank you for letting me borrow it! I got so many laughs out of that!

Yep lol n1 I was blocked by an intimidating presence, and I figured there's no way that could be good, and the I died n2. I assumed the wolves blocked me and had news of a successful block and found out I had an ability that way. I got seer results of coop being a village platypus before I died n2.

I didn't assume there was only one blocker in the game, so my message said to not trust "one with the ability to block," not "THE one with ability to block." I enjoyed that my little message got to play a decent role in the game since I wasn't really able to

Nailed it!