-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
William Carey (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013
Started by JamesLMT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too!!! Super excited 🙂I got an invite for October 22nd! who is with me? 😀
Me too!!! Super excited 🙂
yayyy are you getting a hotel? where are you coming from. I am coming from good old Texas 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all those that got invites!!
Thank you. I read a lot of your posts from last years thread. Very helpful Thanks 😀
Congrats to everyone getting invites! We're excited to meet you and are here to help your application process in any way!! 🙂
Congrats to everyone getting invites! We're excited to meet you and are here to help your application process in any way!! 🙂
Agreed! Feel free to PM me with any questions!
yayyy are you getting a hotel? where are you coming from. I am coming from good old Texas 🙄
I am from Texas as well! I haven't made any travel plans yet though.
I am from Texas as well! I haven't made any travel plans yet though.
Where in Texas? Maybe we can share a ride and save some gas. I am coming from Houston. 😎
Also on a side know does anyone know how many people they interview and how many actually get accepted? I couldn't get a definite number i saw somewhere 160 invites and 110 acceptance? Does that sound right? sorry if this question was already asked before I am just way to exited about my interview here 😍
If you have an interview here, that definitely means they are interested. Not sure about the numbers, but I do know that if you're interviewed, it's really your game to lose. Stay confident and be yourself 🙂
When I interviewed two years ago, all 5 in my group were accepted. That seems to be a pretty consistent pattern.
When I interviewed two years ago, all 5 in my group were accepted. That seems to be a pretty consistent pattern.
Thankssss. Yep the interview invite was via email. It was surprising since I was not expecting it this soon lolhey were the invites via e-mail?
thanks guys
and congrats to you guys who have gotten ii's!
Thank you. I read a lot of your posts from last years thread. Very helpful Thanks 😀
I am glad they were useful as I have not had as much time this year as last.
Where in Texas? Maybe we can share a ride and save some gas. I am coming from Houston. 😎
Also on a side know does anyone know how many people they interview and how many actually get accepted? I couldn't get a definite number i saw somewhere 160 invites and 110 acceptance? Does that sound right? sorry if this question was already asked before I am just way to exited about my interview here 😍
Driving from Dallas :/
Driving from Dallas :/
Oh ok that would be a different route then. I guess i will definitely see you there then.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how good they are about rescheduling? Just found out orientation for a possible job is the same week as my interview 🙁
I interview on the 29th too!!! Anyone else thinking about staying with a student? I just sent that welcoming committee form in today...
Yeah, we're pretty fab resources 😉
We'll be hanging around with you guys at lunch, so please don't be shy. I've been MIA on here for the past few weeks, but don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything at all or have any questions. I respond a lot quicker by e-mail, so shoot me a message on here and I'll give you the address. I would've lost my sanity without the 2nd years to go to throughout this whole process. And most of all, GOOD LUCK! You guys will do wonderful 🙂
We'll be hanging around with you guys at lunch, so please don't be shy. I've been MIA on here for the past few weeks, but don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything at all or have any questions. I respond a lot quicker by e-mail, so shoot me a message on here and I'll give you the address. I would've lost my sanity without the 2nd years to go to throughout this whole process. And most of all, GOOD LUCK! You guys will do wonderful 🙂
Looks like nobody knows how the Pioneer class did on their Comlex or Step1. Wanted to know if their 2 yrs prep is sufficient enough for the tests. If anybody knows any info about this it would be appreciated so the new applicants would know how well this school is preparing the students.
Looks like nobody knows how the Pioneer class did on their Comlex or Step1. Wanted to know if their 2 yrs prep is sufficient enough for the tests. If anybody knows any info about this it would be appreciated so the new applicants would know how well this school is preparing the students.
I do not remember the exact number we were given in August, however, without all the board scores in, I believe it was in the 88-89% range for Step 1 (COMLEX, like USMLE, is composed of Step 1, Step 2--two parts, and Step 3).
Once I find out the exact number, I will post that on here for all of you guys.
The administration did a lot of schedule "remodeling" for our class (current OMS II's). I believe it is better than what the current OMS III's had. We take a COMSAE in mid-December (tentatively), and will again in May. (For those who are unsure what this is, COMSAE is a practice COMLEX....you can Google/Bing/Wikipedia it 🙂)
Hope this was helpful
Wonder when the welcoming committee will let us know if whether students are available to stay with... So excited!!
We are getting students matched with other students! Won't be long, we just got the Oct 10 interviewees with students. 🙂
Thanks for the response. Did anybody take both USMLE and COMLEX?I do not remember the exact number we were given in August, however, without all the board scores in, I believe it was in the 88-89% range for Step 1 (COMLEX, like USMLE, is composed of Step 1, Step 2--two parts, and Step 3).
Once I find out the exact number, I will post that on here for all of you guys.
The administration did a lot of schedule "remodeling" for our class (current OMS II's). I believe it is better than what the current OMS III's had. We take a COMSAE in mid-December (tentatively), and will again in May. (For those who are unsure what this is, COMSAE is a practice COMLEX....you can Google/Bing/Wikipedia it 🙂)
Hope this was helpful
Yes. Again, I don't have any exact stats for that. But I also know many in our class plan to take both, myself included.
Also, in case this has crossed your mind: WCUCOM uses Boards Boot Camp to prep for Step 1 🙂
Also, in case this has crossed your mind: WCUCOM uses Boards Boot Camp to prep for Step 1 🙂
Anyone know how the interviews are conducted? One-on-One or several doctors in one interview? Any advice on interview, types of questions?
check out the interview feedback section under reference materials.Anyone know how the interviews are conducted? One-on-One or several doctors in one interview? Any advice on interview, types of questions?
check out the interview feedback section under reference materials.
where is that? on their website?
check out the interview feedback section under reference materials.
i just saw what you alluded to...it's not specific though..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
here on SDN. at the top of the page. a friend of mine is an OMS I at wcucom and he stressed using that info. he also mentioned the possibility of a healthcare related question with this being an election year.. i sure hope not.where is that? on their website?
Got an ii as well. Coming from the deep south! Can you request to stay with someone on the form if you know them?
How many interview seats are still available at WCU?
Got an ii as well. Coming from the deep south! Can you request to stay with someone on the form if you know them?
Absolutely. Or you can arrange that with your friend 🙂
Anyone know how the interviews are conducted? One-on-One or several doctors in one interview? Any advice on interview, types of questions?
Interviews involve 3 faculty (Dean, 1 Science Faculty, and 1 Clinical Faculty) interviewing one student at a time.
Know why osteopathic medicine, know why WCUCOM, and be yourself 🙂
Hey everyone, interviewed here yesterday. Really nice people, the interviewers and the group of interviewees with me. Great experience! One ethical question, not too bad. Interview was not stressful at all. They wanted to just know who you are and why their school. Good luck to everyone.
Generally how long after the interview did people hear about a decision?
My interview was Oct 10. Dr. Weir told us decisions would be released Nov 1.
My interview was Oct 10. Dr. Weir told us decisions would be released Nov 1.
Oh. I was asking because a lot of the students that attend the school were saying a week after their interview they heard something.
I suppose it would depend on when they interviewed...
OK. Thanks though.
Oh. I was asking because a lot of the students that attend the school were saying a week after their interview they heard something.
I suppose it would depend on when they interviewed...
OK. Thanks though.
I got an interview about a week after I was conplete. Dr. Weir said that he would call on Oct 23 those who got accepted and send out formal acceptances on Nov 1.
Anyone know if you have to finish your masters to attend here? Just curious. I may have to complete my last credit online sometime during the four years of medical school.
Last edited:
my interview here is this monday! kind of getting nervous now![]()
As hard as it is, relax. It was really easy going and everyone was very nice. One of my interviewers teased me about a few things so it was pretty relaxed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment more on the curriculum and the mandatory attendance? I will be there in more than a week.
Can anyone comment more on the curriculum and the mandatory attendance? I will be there in more than a week.
I'm not 100% positive on the curriculum but I know attendance required for 80%. I know every student is different but I don't see the big deal with needing to go to class. I did talk to some students on the day of my interview about it. One said he sits in class with headphones in and studies what he needs to study. So at least he is present in class that day.
I do know that the admin decided to converge many classes of 2nd year since they were all practically covering the same material at the same time. So the 2nd year is now more systems based.
I have not been able to shadow a DO. I have shadowed two MDs, one fore about 18 hours and another for three months, 12 hours a week. I am from a small town, and have had a real problem trying to find a DO that is willing to let me shadow him/her. Am I at a disadvantage with this?
Dr. Wier came to my school a few weeks ago. I was able to talk to him a little about my situation. He was so nice. He said that I may very well get an acceptance with my stats. But, that is about the extent to what he said. 😳
I have filled out a secondary application, submitted last week. I am still waiting on my third LOR to be uploaded to Interfolio, so I can send that one, as well. I am so nervous. I have become obsessed with checking my inbox. I check about three times a day, between 8am and 5pm. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks for any advice.
I am a non-traditional student. My first year of college, 1997, was a disaster. Since returning to school, my sGPA is a 3.6, nsGPA 4.0. Of course, the 1997 is averaged in so, my stats are sGPA 3.26, cGPA 3.01, MCAT 23P.
WCCOM is my number one choice.
Dr. Wier came to my school a few weeks ago. I was able to talk to him a little about my situation. He was so nice. He said that I may very well get an acceptance with my stats. But, that is about the extent to what he said. 😳
I have filled out a secondary application, submitted last week. I am still waiting on my third LOR to be uploaded to Interfolio, so I can send that one, as well. I am so nervous. I have become obsessed with checking my inbox. I check about three times a day, between 8am and 5pm. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks for any advice.
I am a non-traditional student. My first year of college, 1997, was a disaster. Since returning to school, my sGPA is a 3.6, nsGPA 4.0. Of course, the 1997 is averaged in so, my stats are sGPA 3.26, cGPA 3.01, MCAT 23P.
WCCOM is my number one choice.
I have not been able to shadow a DO. I have shadowed two MDs, one fore about 18 hours and another for three months, 12 hours a week. I am from a small town, and have had a real problem trying to find a DO that is willing to let me shadow him/her. Am I at a disadvantage with this?
Dr. Wier came to my school a few weeks ago. I was able to talk to him a little about my situation. He was so nice. He said that I may very well get an acceptance with my stats. But, that is about the extent to what he said. 😳
I have filled out a secondary application, submitted last week. I am still waiting on my third LOR to be uploaded to Interfolio, so I can send that one, as well. I am so nervous. I have become obsessed with checking my inbox. I check about three times a day, between 8am and 5pm. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks for any advice.
I am a non-traditional student. My first year of college, 1997, was a disaster. Since returning to school, my sGPA is a 3.6, nsGPA 4.0. Of course, the 1997 is averaged in so, my stats are sGPA 3.26, cGPA 3.01, MCAT 23P.
WCCOM is my number one choice.
Which part of Louisiana?
North central, Jackson Parish. I attend LaTech.Which part of Louisiana?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 297
- Views
- 49K
- Replies
- 482
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 139K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 246K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
