You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Wisconsin C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When do they usually send out the supplemental questions via email?I'm a current fourth year at UW. Feel free to toss any questions about the program or Madison my way!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last cycle we got them around late-November. I think around the 20th? It's usually a bit earlier, but the amount of applications delayed things supposedly.When do they usually send out the supplemental questions via email?
eleanor713
Full Member
Last year we received it on 11/21 and it was due 12/9When do they usually send out the supplemental questions via email?
eleanor713
Full Member
Also the OOS waitlist moved a lot last year! I was originally 144 and ended up at 50 so that’s always something to keep in mind. We were notified on 2/15 last year and there were 1960 OOS applications for 34 seats
2nd time oos
Yes, they send an email a few months after VMCAS closesthis might be a stupid question, but we complete the supplemental application after the vmcas deadline right?
thank you so much!Yes, they send an email a few months after VMCAS closes
First time OOS 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd time applicant overall, 1st time to UW OOS! 🙂
futuredogtor12
Full Member
Second time applicant, first time to UW OOS!
FrogAndToad
Full Member
Does anyone know if some people get rejected before they send out the supplemental application or if every applicant gets one?
eleanor713
Full Member
Everyone gets it because it also has the payment sectionDoes anyone know if some people get rejected before they send out the supplemental application or if every applicant gets one?
Yes that is correctI remember reading somewhere that the supplemental application gets sent out sometime November, but I can't find where I read that anymore. Does anyone know if that info is correct?
How did you find out where you were on the list?Also the OOS waitlist moved a lot last year! I was originally 144 and ended up at 50 so that’s always something to keep in mind. We were notified on 2/15 last year and there were 1960 OOS applications for 34 seats
eleanor713
Full Member
It was in the original email that said I was on the waitlist and then they sent another one a couple months later with an updated rankHow did you find out where you were on the list?
I did notDid anyone receive the supplemental?
futuredogtor12
Full Member
i just got the supplemental!
alanismi795
Full Member
Same here!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also recieved the supplemental at 6:03pm PST! 🙂
Their website says that all applicants are required to complete the supplemental so I don't think they screen for anything.
received the supplemental earlier today! anyone know, do they send this to all applicants? or do they have any sort of selection process?
Their website says that all applicants are required to complete the supplemental so I don't think they screen for anything.
eleanor713
Full Member
Everyone gets it! I think they just send it later as they don’t do interviews so this is your chance to talk about what you’ve done since the application deadlinereceived the supplemental earlier today! anyone know, do they send this to all applicants? or do they have any sort of selection process?
I was going to leave one of them blank , just not sure which one. In my VMCAS, I wrote about my current employment in a rodent lab. They say not to write about what's already in VMCAS, but like I got more research/animal experience with it that I want to add. For sure feels weirdif you havent done anything past the vmcas submission date, are you just leaving those two questions blank? feels awful to leave blank
They say that if you have the same job just explain what more you did and more hours you completed, I wouldn't leave it blank!I was going to leave one of them blank , just not sure which one. In my VMCAS, I wrote about my current employment in a rodent lab. They say not to write about what's already in VMCAS, but like I got more research/animal experience with it that I want to add. For sure feels weird
doubt it, i dont think many, if any, schools have any sort of rolling admissionsDoes anyone know if submission time for the supplemental means anything? Like, do submissions on Nov 26th vs Dec 14th make a difference?
Since submitting my VMCAS, I've worked at the same job as a vet tech. I haven't had any additional experiences. I can talk about my additional duties in the first supplemental question, but can I just leave the second question blank? It feels wrong but I can't think of anything else to write for that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you teaching them?Does anything think I should list hours that I’ve been continuing horseback riding lessons?
Yes I did, I put how many hours total as well as how many hours have been added since submissionFor the second supplemental question about additional non-vet experiences, are people updating hours for experiences they already listed on original application? It doesn't explicitly say to do this like on the first question so I'm just curious about that
Supplemental app question in regards to the optional question-
If we filled out an explanation statement section on VMCAS, is it necessary to fill it out here also. If so, would it be frowned upon to use the same statement?
I know for the veterinary experiences section it says not to repeat what was on VMCAS, but I'm going back and forth about this one.
If we filled out an explanation statement section on VMCAS, is it necessary to fill it out here also. If so, would it be frowned upon to use the same statement?
I know for the veterinary experiences section it says not to repeat what was on VMCAS, but I'm going back and forth about this one.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 616