Wisconsin C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleanor713

Reaction score
Since most classes are full for this year I guess we’ll get started with threads for this application cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a current fourth year at UW. Feel free to toss any questions about the program or Madison my way!

I'm a current fourth year at UW. Feel free to toss any questions about the program or Madison my way!
When do they usually send out the supplemental questions via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do they usually send out the supplemental questions via email?
Last cycle we got them around late-November. I think around the 20th? It's usually a bit earlier, but the amount of applications delayed things supposedly.

Reactions: 1 user
Also the OOS waitlist moved a lot last year! I was originally 144 and ended up at 50 so that’s always something to keep in mind. We were notified on 2/15 last year and there were 1960 OOS applications for 34 seats

this might be a stupid question, but we complete the supplemental application after the vmcas deadline right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if some people get rejected before they send out the supplemental application or if every applicant gets one?

I remember reading somewhere that the supplemental application gets sent out sometime November, but I can't find where I read that anymore. Does anyone know if that info is correct?

I remember reading somewhere that the supplemental application gets sent out sometime November, but I can't find where I read that anymore. Does anyone know if that info is correct?
Yes that is correct

Just got an email today that supplementals will be sent out on Nov 20th! Just relaying in case it went to some peoples spams :)

Reactions: 1 users
Also the OOS waitlist moved a lot last year! I was originally 144 and ended up at 50 so that’s always something to keep in mind. We were notified on 2/15 last year and there were 1960 OOS applications for 34 seats
How did you find out where you were on the list?

Just received the supplemental, 6:45pm EST

Received the supplemental!!! YIPE!!

Received the supplemental not too long ago! Good luck everyone!!

received the supplemental earlier today! anyone know, do they send this to all applicants? or do they have any sort of selection process?

Also recieved the supplemental at 6:03pm PST! :)
received the supplemental earlier today! anyone know, do they send this to all applicants? or do they have any sort of selection process?

Their website says that all applicants are required to complete the supplemental so I don't think they screen for anything.

Everyone gets it! I think they just send it later as they don’t do interviews so this is your chance to talk about what you’ve done since the application deadline

if you havent done anything past the vmcas submission date, are you just leaving those two questions blank? feels awful to leave blank

if you havent done anything past the vmcas submission date, are you just leaving those two questions blank? feels awful to leave blank
I was going to leave one of them blank , just not sure which one. In my VMCAS, I wrote about my current employment in a rodent lab. They say not to write about what's already in VMCAS, but like I got more research/animal experience with it that I want to add. For sure feels weird

Reactions: 1 users
I was going to leave one of them blank , just not sure which one. In my VMCAS, I wrote about my current employment in a rodent lab. They say not to write about what's already in VMCAS, but like I got more research/animal experience with it that I want to add. For sure feels weird
They say that if you have the same job just explain what more you did and more hours you completed, I wouldn't leave it blank!

Does anyone know if submission time for the supplemental means anything? Like, do submissions on Nov 26th vs Dec 14th make a difference?

Does anyone know if submission time for the supplemental means anything? Like, do submissions on Nov 26th vs Dec 14th make a difference?
doubt it, i dont think many, if any, schools have any sort of rolling admissions

Since submitting my VMCAS, I've worked at the same job as a vet tech. I haven't had any additional experiences. I can talk about my additional duties in the first supplemental question, but can I just leave the second question blank? It feels wrong but I can't think of anything else to write for that.

For the second supplemental question about additional non-vet experiences, are people updating hours for experiences they already listed on original application? It doesn't explicitly say to do this like on the first question so I'm just curious about that

Does anything think I should list hours that I’ve been continuing horseback riding lessons?

For the second supplemental question about additional non-vet experiences, are people updating hours for experiences they already listed on original application? It doesn't explicitly say to do this like on the first question so I'm just curious about that
Yes I did, I put how many hours total as well as how many hours have been added since submission

Supplemental app question in regards to the optional question-
If we filled out an explanation statement section on VMCAS, is it necessary to fill it out here also. If so, would it be frowned upon to use the same statement?
I know for the veterinary experiences section it says not to repeat what was on VMCAS, but I'm going back and forth about this one.

hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin :( my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?