Wisconsin C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You are raking in acceptances this cycle, CONGRATS MAN!!
Thank you so much! I was just talking to someone and said this exact day last year I got my final denial for the cycle so I never in a million years would have expected to be here today.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Thank you so much! I was just talking to someone and said this exact day last year I got my final denial for the cycle so I never in a million years would have expected to be here today.
what did you do different this time around 😭 this was my last rejection

what did you do different this time around 😭 this was my last rejection
I’ll preface this by saying I graduated undergrad in 2022 so I don’t have to worry about taking classes anymore. I can’t imagine trying to make a competitive application while taking 16 credits so props to everyone who did that!
1. EXPERIENCE! I worked full time as a research vet tech on a research farm. Super niche area of medicine but I was able to work with lab animal and large animals. I also made great connections to PIs who wrote my LORs. I found a few weeks to shadow different areas like neuro, ortho, internal med, and urgent care since I wasn’t working in a small animal setting
2. I had so many people read my essays and personal statement and I was able to use a lot of different experiences in each of my essays which leads me to
3. I’m very involved outside of vet med. My original career plan was to go to physical therapy school and I played collegiate field hockey so I knew those interests would always be with me. I coach high school and youth sports and have a lot of PT volunteer hours which I was able to connect back to essays about adversity, leadership, time management etc.
I’ll also say getting rejected the first cycle was the best thing that could have happened to me. I’ve been able to save up so much money and get so much hands on experience in different fields of vet med while also just maturing, getting to spend time with family, and spending my weekends not studying.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection. This was my last school. So looks like I’ll be applying next cycle. 💔

• Care
Is there any current student on this page? I would love to be able to connect and learn more about UW
I work at UW veterinary care as an assistant and doing research and am a student undergrad :) I could try to connect you with someone with similar interests if I can / be happy to share what I know

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current third year at UW! I can answer any questions you may have about the program! (I am an OOS student)

You are raking in acceptances this cycle, CONGRATS MAN!!
Yes I was gunna say I have seen you in a lot of the threads I am for other schools as well and you have been killing it, huge congrats!!!

• Care
Here’s a group chat for those accepted and waitlisted!
You're invited to my new group 'Wisconsin 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

As far as OOS Alternatives go, I was 90-something in 2020 and got in mid-May

I am a second year at UW and was OOS, if anyone has any questions or wants to talk to a current student feel free to message me!

Last edited:
Is there any way to see the status besides through email? I never got a status update on the 16th. I emailed them to let them know and was told to check spam and trash, again not in there and I confirmed my correct email address and still have not received the email. At this point Im assuming I was rejected but I would just like to know.

Does anyone know if they start pulling from the waitlist before April 15th?

Does anyone know if they start pulling from the waitlist before April 15th?
Yes they do, my class year the out of state waitlist had dropped 10 before April 15th. I think they are pretty good about notifying next on the list when someone declines, things will probably move much faster after that date however because people will have made their final choices.

Received my in state acceptance last week but forgot to update here!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Was just accepted to my IS school, will be taking myself off the waitlist!

• Love
I don't have an update on the IS waitlist, but I just got an update that the OOS waitlist has not moved at all yet.

• Sad
Just declined my oos seat due to being accepted to my instate… you guys got this!

Does Wisconsin give financial aid estimates including institutional scholarships prior to April 15th?

A little update for those who are on the waitlist. I was told that the admissions committee is not going to be meeting to go through those on the waitlist until the third week of April after the deadline. Not sure if this is new for this year as I know in previous years the waitlist has moved before the deadline but this is what I was told by the admissions office.

Declined my OOS spot, hope this gives good news to someone!

Just got accepted off the OOS waitlist!! Hopefully more people are getting good news today!!

Got the acceptance email earlier today! I was 8 on the OOS waitlist

Might be a dumb question. In my acceptance email, they didn’t mention a non-refundable deposit to save my spot. Is this not required for students who get accepted from the waitlist?

Might be a dumb question. In my acceptance email, they didn’t mention a non-refundable deposit to save my spot. Is this not required for students who get accepted from the waitlist?
I was wondering the same thing

I just got pulled off of the IS waitlist and will be accepting the position. I was #3 on the waiting list. Good luck, everyone!

Pulled off the IS waitlist today at #4 and will be declining in favor of another program. Good luck to all! :)