Wisconsin C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin 🙁 my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
No, that is not stupid. Since you already paid the app fee that sucks but at least you won't pay the supplemental fee. Never apply to a school you can't see yourself attending! For example, I didn't apply to any island schools because I knew I would not be happy living there.
 
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin 🙁 my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
I don’t think that is a stupid reasoning, but I also think if you’ve made it this far, what does it hurt to submit the supplemental? I don’t know your situation as far as other schools that you’ve applied to or heard back from, but submitting the applications isn’t a legally binding contract but it at least increases your options. Say you get to April, are accepted to Wisconsin, and decide not to go, you still had the freedom to make that decision. My personal opinion, it’s better to make the decision to say no than to regret it later on.
 
Last edited:
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin 🙁 my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
Not sure where else you've applied. It all comes down to how confident you feel about getting in to Cornell, LIU, or Tufts (chose the schools closest to NYC). If the supplemental fee is minimal, I'd go ahead and do it. Best case scenario is that you get in closer to home and you have the option of declining Wisconsin.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin 🙁 my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
I mean you already paid the VMCAS fee, why not? But I get not wanting to waste another $60
 
Hey, I just noticed that for the experiences section of the supplemental application it says to provide the "dates" for the additional experiences we got. Did everyone actually provide that? I just gave the number of hours
 
Hey, I just noticed that for the experiences section of the supplemental application it says to provide the "dates" for the additional experiences we got. Did everyone actually provide that? I just gave the number of hours
I gave a rough estimate of dates for mine, but most were opportunities ongoing through my employment so I said it as Sept. 2023- Dec. 2023 and described it as ongoing.
 
hi guys! i unfortunately decided not to complete my supplemental for wisconsin 🙁 my reasoning is that if i really do get in, i don’t think i’ll want to go somewhere far (i’m from nyc!). can someone tell me if that’s a stupid reasoning?
Have you already paid the VMCAS fee for Wisconsin? I think it's still worth it to submit the supplemental for the fact that we've spent so much money already applying to other schools, and for another 60$, it's a drop in the bucket for our futures. From my point of view, the results from my application to Wisconsin may ease my mind because if I get accepted to Wisconsin OOS, then my application might be pretty strong, and I would feel confident in my other applications to other schools. However, if I get denied, it ain't the end of the world because Wisconsin is, in my opinion, one of the TOP schools so they're picking the absolute creme-de-la-creme.
 
Anyone know if they release decisions early than they said. End of March is really far away and I’m just on the edge of my seat
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is a dumb question but does UW track? and are they traditional 3+1?
Hi there! I’m a current second year student at UW Madison. The program is a 3+1 and they do not track, however your 4th year, clinical year, will be more catered to your interests (large animal, small animal, mixed, food production etc.) I know the curriculum is completely changing for the class of 2029, but the class of 2028 should be the same as it currently is. I believe our brand new veterinary hospital is opening this spring as far as other changes go. If you have any other questions let me know 🙂
 
How do we send transcript to them? I'm confused on who to send it to parchment

In the email they provided their email address to send the pdf version or you can send a mailed one if that’s the only option. I sent it to the email and they previewed it.
 
In the email they provided their email address to send the pdf version or you can send a mailed one if that’s the only option. I sent it to the email and they previewed it.
So I can download my transcript and just email it? Some schools don't allow that so just wanted to double check!
 
So I can download my transcript and just email it? Some schools don't allow that so just wanted to double check!

No, they have an email you send it to like via parchment you can put in individual sender i believe and then input their email. I can send screenshots tomorrow if you can’t find it! Still send through parchment.
 
No, they have an email you send it to like via parchment you can put in individual sender i believe and then input their email. I can send screenshots tomorrow if you can’t find it! Still send through parchment.
would you mind sending me screenshots! thank you!!
 
I'm assuming the fall transcript needs to have all of the fall 2023 classes grades right... I'm freaking out because one of my professors still has not uploaded the marks and he told me that there are no promises it'll be up by Jan 15. I reached out to the admission team but have heard no responses yet... Do y'all think I should just send it with one missing class if no one gets back to me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad