Word from Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay...so the following are schools I've heard from. My AADSAS app was sent out on July 21st.

Indiana University: Interview :)
Case Western: Interview - Sept. 28th :)
Michigan: waiver to sign
UPENN: App complete
NYU: App complete
U of D: payment receipt
UCLA: Yellow postcard to fill out secondary (high school transcripts...haha)
UIC: App complete

Still waiting on LLU, BU, UNC (still have to finish secondary), CUL

Good luck to everybody and have fun running to the mailbox, as I do everyday :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the interview invite to Case and I recieved the Temple letter requesting money. My app. was sent out 7/17.

Didnt hear anything lately. I am still waiting for the nova interview invites, running home everyday after class from school, but disappointed everyday :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have any idea how many students NOVA usually give interviews to and how many of those they accept?

Case interviews about 350, which when you consider that 2000 apply or so, getting an interview puts you ahead of about 1700 applicants. I would guess that to fill a class of 70 at Case they probably send a bit over 100 acceptances, and then do rolling acceptances until they have a full class

anybody get a weird email from BU today?

Lucass said:
anybody get a weird email from BU today?

Yes! was yours empty as well, with only a subject line of "application received"?

aurora507 said:
Yes! was yours empty as well, with only a subject line of "application received"?

Ya, the only way I could even tell that it was from Boston was that it the email address of the sender was @bu.edu

Lucass said:
Ya, the only way I could even tell that it was from Boston was that it the email address of the sender was @bu.edu

Same here. I sent them an email asking them about it, and will post any responses I get.

Loma Linda updated my AADSAS page "recieved/under review"

aurora507 said:
Same here. I sent them an email asking them about it, and will post any responses I get.

Thanks, aurora

I got an interview at UAB! They left a message on my answering machine today! Yay!

Members don't see this ad :)
:) I received a yellow post-card from UCSF with a website address to visit to fill out secondary! Yay! And all this time, I was checking my email. Do you guys know what their requirements are for receiving a secondary? Is it just above a 3.0 GPA? While the secondary is tedious...it's definitely nice to still be in the game. It would be nice to get an interview...so that I can show them more than just a paper-work and my handwriting.

got letters or emails from most of all (tufts, temple, howard, meharry, NJ, NY) to send in application $$$ or fill out secon...

Dr.Vitaminka said:
:) I received a yellow post-card from UCSF with a website address to visit to fill out secondary! Yay! And all this time, I was checking my email. Do you guys know what their requirements are for receiving a secondary? Is it just above a 3.0 GPA? While the secondary is tedious...it's definitely nice to still be in the game. It would be nice to get an interview...so that I can show them more than just a paper-work and my handwriting.

Did you get a postcard from UCLA or are you sure it was UCSF? I just thought that was strange cuz I got a yellow postcard from UCLA and just an email from UCSF with a web address in it...I hope I'm not missing something :scared:

Lucass said:
Did you get a postcard from UCLA or are you sure it was UCSF? I just thought that was strange cuz I got a yellow postcard from UCLA and just an email from UCSF with a web address in it...I hope I'm not missing something :scared:

It was definitely UCSF. I was confused too as after reading the posts, I was expecting an email. Maybe they are trying to switch it up on us. Is the UCLA secondary similar to the UCSF one for those of you who have gotten both?

Dr.Vitaminka said:

I'm pretty sure everyone who applies gets a secondary request... their minimum requirement is a 2.5 if I'm not mistaken...

well on UCSF's website they say that they screen their primary applications before they send out their secondary request. so far i've been contacted by ASDOH and Meharry, and my app was mailed out on 7/24. where's my contact from UCSF?! :(

I received an interview offer (by mail) from Columbia today! Yay!

BirkChick said:
I received an interview offer (by mail) from Columbia today! Yay!
wow, that was fast, :eek: did receive anything before the interview invites?? :confused:

Got interviews at Penn and Columbia!

DDS:) said:
wow, that was fast, :eek: did receive anything before the interview invites?? :confused:

They emailed me in early June to say that they received my picture and check. That was the only contact before the interview invite.

The letter was postmarked 8/7/2006 -- if you're on the west coast, it may take a few more days to get out there.

Good luck!! :)

Lucass said:

Lucass, did you get another email from Boston, a long one w/ lotsa info and a link for paying fee online? I got one earlier today, but other SDNers haven't received anything with Boston.

aurora507 said:
Lucass, did you get another email from Boston, a long one w/ lotsa info and a link for paying fee online? I got one earlier today, but other SDNers haven't received anything with Boston.
When did your app go out?

aurora507 said:

Nothing, what's up with that? Are you the only one who's gotten the email so far? Maybe I need to send 'em a "Hey get your **** together" email too

Hm, just got an email from Nova saying they verified I had applied, and then 2 paragraphs about financial aid....My application hasn't been mailed out, submitted it July 25. And haven't taken my DAT yet. Anyone else get this strange email??

DMD to Be said:
Hm, just got an email from Nova saying they verified I had applied, and then 2 paragraphs about financial aid....My application hasn't been mailed out, submitted it July 25. And haven't taken my DAT yet. Anyone else get this strange email??

I got this email last week - they also asked me to fill out the secondary. If you read through this or other threads, you'll notice that others got these emails before their applications were mailed out as well.

do schools usually e-mail you information about secondary or app/payment receipt, or do they mail it to you through the post office? i'm wondering because 2 schools contacted me in e-mail, and on my aadsas app i have my apartment address as the 'preferred' address with the address i'm at over the summer as my permanent address. so i'm curious if that's why i haven't received any notice from more schools, or if schools just don't want me :mad:

Lucass said:
Nothing, what's up with that? Are you the only one who's gotten the email so far? Maybe I need to send 'em a "Hey get your **** together" email too

yes I think you should.

EDIT: WHO THE **** HACKED INTO MY ACCOUNT?

Lucass said:

Yes, I think everyone who got that empty email should email Ms. Weber asking what's up. You'll get the real email the next day.

DMD to Be said:

i got 2 emails from them about a week or 2 ago. and just got some email saying they wanted me to do some kinda supplement info thing online and pay fee.

armorshell said:
Got and email from BU with nothing in a body but a link to pay in the title :laugh:

Ya, they've kinda got me wondering how their organizational skills are going to hold up. Talk about efficiency though...don't even waste any extra space filling in the body of the email, just include all the information you need in the Subject Heading. :clap:

I got my first interview today! at NOVA

Hey everyone, just barely got an email from Maryland saying that they have received my application and its being forwarded to the admissions, so ya'll probably get one soon as well :)

When is your interview with Nova? :)

EmanueT, did you also get an e-mail from columbia confirming they receieved your check and picture? I did not get anything like that.

My aadsas status for Nova changed to "invited for interview." So I guess I should expect a letter soon! Unless this is some cruel joke. That's my first invite.

Got e-mails from BU and Maryland

I received maryland and BU e-mails as well~ :D :rolleyes:

My payment for BU was processed and UCSF cashed my check

Just e-submitted my application saturday night (yup..so late of me). But now what am I supposed to do...just wait until AADSAS says they mailed it out? And some schools state that we should send in $__ to them when we submit the AADSAS application. Does this mean I should write them the check RIGHT NOW or wait until AADSAS mails out my application? Thanks for any info!!!

armorshell said:
Just got the NOVA interview invite today! October 13th!!!

nice, congrats!
so when was your app mailed out? and also, did they have all your requirement stuffs in before the invite? thanks bud. :)
M.

do we pay for BU ?
i checked sec supplement info and said we send fee only admission officer contact me. am i right? what is those e-mail some people got from BU?
and..how can i check my dat score has been sent to school? do i call dental school and ask it ?
:scared: :eek:

messenger said:
nice, congrats!
so when was your app mailed out? and also, did they have all your requirement stuffs in before the invite? thanks bud. :)
M.
Mailed out on July 21st, the only email I've gotten from them is the "Fill out this secondary" and "Here's some FinAid info" emails, and my webstar has never been updated, so I guess I don't really know...

Anyone hear from UW? I got a postcard 2 weeks ago saying they received my app, but no secondary. Anyone get the secondary?