Wwar of Three WWorlds- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lupin21

Do Not Disturb
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one knew who built the gate. The records had been destroyed by war thousands of centuries ago. There had been power struggles between the three worlds the gate connected that had nearly destroyed everything many times over. As all the civilizations began to advance however, they realized that each world had something different to offer and peace brought prosperity, at least to some.
880f4724eba4a798a8e27e9749f10930.jpg

The world of Hatari is inhabited by a variety of intelligent animoids, but is the least technologically advanced of the three worlds. They make up for it in natural resources and an excellent army that is strong and unmatched in ferocity.

steampunk-starwars-17.jpg

Cthulu is a world of magic in which the people are highly intelligent and focus their energy on medical advancements and academic affairs.

9786a267f0a35fa6239799bf746c10f6.jpg

The third connected world, Descartes, is mechanically inclined. They were forced to find their own way due to the destruction of their natural resources and massive casualties during one of the past wars. That way was biomechanics, enhancing their bodies with cybernetics and the development of weaponry so they would never lose a war again.

10333423_654734011308090_5318381582536759507_o.jpg

While on the surface the worlds maintain civil open connections, there are more and more whispers about a gathering of discontented beings. Messages and secret crossings to recruit all kinds to the cause of taking the world back from the groups that have been in charge for far too long, accumulating wealth and power for a few, leaving the rest behind. The regulations put on everyone from what they could buy, how much goods cost, and even extreme vetting at the gate to be allowed to cross into another world was going too far. Where there is law and order, there will be those that oppose the forced values and wish to instate their own. However, there is also always one who only desires destruction of all…

73267ad7dd2f501eaaa24e067545eec4.jpg

It is Day 1.

The position of Gate Keeper is open and someone must be appointed. The Gate Keeper is in charge of allowing the movement between worlds. For payment, an ability or item must be offered. A warning, the Gate Keeper must sacrifice to fulfill this duty. In addition, they have the option to use an ability or item, and do not have the constraint of needing to be on that planet to use it on a target. However, if they choose to do this, the Gate will be left unguarded and anyone can pass without offering anything. You can put in a request to move in hopes the gatekeeper leaves their post, but if they do not, well you obviously will not making it through. There are some ways around this even when the Keeper is on duty…

There is no PMing unless otherwise specified.

All actions, unless otherwise specified, must be performed on the residents of the same planet.

The Trading Posts will be open every day after night write-up, and I will announce which posts have what items up for sale. The items are RNGd as to what post has what, so dems da breaks if there isn’t something you want at your post, or nothing at all. It will be first come first serve, so whoever puts in and has enough money will get the item.

Please no posts from nonplayers or the dead as I would like the thread to be kept for the living players only. There are no resurrections this game. A dead/spectator thread will be made available. Please PM me if spectating is desired.

Money will be doled out for excellent play, and other mod deemed worthy things such as character development and wit. I will give it out at the end of lynches, or in the case of Day1, at the end of Gate Keeper Election.

I think this game will go fairly fast as I have built in plenty of death, but hopefully enough craziness to thwart some efforts but still be a good time.

Hatari- The Animoid Planet
1. @Flim Flam Man
2. @Jilary
3. @Mad Jack
4. @LetItSnow
5. @ddstothecor
6. @amgoose319
7. @Animal Midwife

Cthulu- The Magic Planet
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @nyanko
10. @genny
11. @Karabiner13
12. @Filly Bay
13. @Trilt
14. @StartingoverVet

Descartes- The Mech Planet
15. @sheltermed
16. @mmmdreamerz
17. @Kam325
18. @DVMDream
19. @WildZoo
20. @SARdoghandler
21. @LadyOtheFarm

Election closes at 11 PM EST

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
Team Hatari nominates FFM for Gate Keeper.

Stick together, Hatari brethren. You wouldn't want someone from one of the other planets controlling things.

elect FFM

Members don't see this ad :)
Team Hatari nominates FFM for Gate Keeper.

Stick together, Hatari brethren. You wouldn't want someone from one of the other planets controlling things.

elect FFM
I like the idea, I don't like the selection. FFM is hilarious but oft absent and I want someone wholly engaged in that role. It's a good choice to encourage early investigation on him but I think lulz are more important.

I think I want to... Elect AM. Because her play has gotten soooo much better the last couple months, and I don't think shenanigans she has ever even been a serious contender for mayor.

Although truly... I think we should aim to make this an intergalactic three way tie, one with one candidate from each world. Nobody wants scum from another race controlling their freedom of movement. Shake up the peace a lil bit from D1.

Being Gate Keeper would be interesting.

Elect AM

I have a vanilla role this game and feel that my gameplay in the past few games has earned me this mayor role. Y'all know that I will be able to maximize this role for wolf hunting, and I'd imagine it comes with some form of night protection so I wouldn't have to be worried about being taken out early.

************elect STL**********

I have a vanilla role this game and feel that my gameplay in the past few games has earned me this mayor role. Y'all know that I will be able to maximize this role for wolf hunting, and I'd imagine it comes with some form of night protection so I wouldn't have to be worried about being taken out early.

Are you really claiming vanilla already?:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
I usually read her wrong and would like to avoid at least some self-confusion. Plus she's an active player so,

**elect AM**

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I usually read her wrong and would like to avoid at least some self-confusion. Plus she's an active player so,

**elect AM**

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How does electing her mayor reduce your confusion of her?

Are you really claiming vanilla already?:rolleyes:
You know, RNG treats me the same way as everyone else. This is shocking, but sometimes I am actually a vanilla. Was a vanilla few games back, and went into a vanilla role last game. I am more apt to go for mayor when I am a vanilla, feel free to look back into past games to verify that.

How does electing her mayor reduce your confusion of her?

You know, RNG treats me the same way as everyone else. This is shocking, but sometimes I am actually a vanilla. Was a vanilla few games back, and went into a vanilla role last game. I am more apt to go for mayor when I am a vanilla, feel free to look back into past games to verify that.

I haven't played for a few games, but I would argue that the RNG gods do not treat you the same:p

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't played for a few games, but I would argue that the RNG gods do not treat you the same:p

I think the RNG gods are fair; it's the idiot savant gods that pander to him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 1 user
I'll elect myself. Why? Because as I said in the signup thread, this might be the only game I play all summer. I've helped feed your WW addictions for the past month after all ;)

elect Dubz

### elect FFM ###

I don't go back to work until next Wednesday. Absentee that.

Lore: How one becomes the keeper of the gate

The keeper of the gate is an old time sacred honor, which was devised back in 3235 BD, when the Original Peace was first established. The purpose of this role is to restrict those of nefarious intentions from establishing a foothold in all regions. This means individual disturbances are able to be contained and handled by authorities within individual planets, as opposed to needing to be handled by an intergalactic agency. Intergalactic agencies have historically either failed or fallen to corruption, thus the importance of the keeper of the gate.

The keeper of the gate becomes more than just themselves or their world when they take up this position. First, they are taken to the world of Cthulu, where the keeper is imbued with an ancient magic, one that allows access to some of the most deadly spells, some of the most powerful protection spells, and a special set of magic spells that not even the most powerful elders on Cthulu have access to. They imbue the gatekeeper with a permanent spell to allow him/her to never require sleep, sustenance, or require the excretion of wastes. Additionally, the gate keeper is imbued with the essence of life itself while in Cthulu, which is harvested from The Great Oak Tree, a sparkling blue tree whose roots are known to run from one side of the planet to the other. They are then taken to Descartes, where they select their weaponry and armor. The leaders of Descartes, who were able to ascertain these positions through their superior intelligence (on a planet whose average IQ is 145), are able to fashion the technologies and weaponry and armor for the gate keeper themselves. They create a weightless flight apparatus that allows the gatekeeper to fly effortlessly. They create armor whose strength is only matched by its weightlessness, weighing even less than a simple cotton outfit. The weapons are plentiful, whether one considers the laser beams, the sharp weaponry that creates the armor into a porcupine-like weaponry at the sign of danger, the turret guns that latch onto the armor, and weightless rockets and grenades that can be fired by the user’s mind. They also design an army of ships for the gatekeeper, all of which are powered by the gatekeepers mind. They have an inherent defense mechanism, that allows him to monitor all perimeters of the gate at once, and they also imbue the gatekeeper with teleportation mechanisms, allowing him to quickly arrive at any location along the gate that may be under siege. Prior to heading to the last planet, the gatekeeper himself uses some of the ancient spells to imbue the armor and weapons with invulnerability, and some other benefits, which only current gatekeepers know of. Finally, the gatekeeper arrives on the planet of Hatari, the gatekeeper trains. The Hatari have access to some of the most advanced training programs thanks to a generous gift from Descartes, which is where the gatekeeper begins. After progress is made with the training programs, they move onto real life battles. These battles are actual stakes. There is a section of the Hatari population who offers themselves up to train the gatekeeper. There is thought to be no greater honor than sacrificing oneself for the betterment of the galaxy, through the training and edification of the gatekeeper. After grueling after grueling battle, the gatekeeper is ready for his final task.

Interestingly, the task of becoming gatekeeper is always one that results in the death of the individual. The reason for this is that the last challenge of becoming gatekeeper is defeating the current gatekeeper. If the current gatekeeper defeats their new foe, then the process to find a new gatekeeper begins once again. The purpose here is to ensure that the gatekeeper always becomes stronger and stronger, as the process of genetic improvement occurs on all planets. Once the current gatekeeper has been defeated, the gatekeeper allows some of his ancient magic to flow out of him and into the gate. This allows a cerebral connection between the gate and gatekeeper. This means that he will always be able to know the going on with the gate, even if he is not actually at the location of the gate.

Traditionally, there is a cycling order to which planet has a representative for gatekeeper. The first ever gate keeper was from Cthulu. The next gatekeeper was from Descartes, and the next gatekeeper was from Hatari. This order’s cycle has continued up to present, with but two exceptions. One was the great Cthulu conspiracy, marked at 0 A.D., as everyone knows more than their share about. The other was a result of the Hatari revolt of 1300 A.D., where it was seen to be too political a maneuver to obtain anyone from Hatari for the gatekeeper during that time. The current gatekeeper, if the order serves to be correct, should come from Cthulu.

On average, gatekeepers live approximately 250 years from the beginning of their undertaking. There is fear that if the gatekeeper is allowed to live much past this amount of time, that genetic advantage may allow a large group of individuals to overcome the current gatekeeper. All gatekeepers, once defeated by the next gatekeeper, are buried in a sacred ground in Hatari. This area is thought to be imbued with a spiritual power that enables both communication and empowerment of previous gatekeepers with the current.

Since people have been asking, further clarification on your characters is that I want this to be somewhat like D&D/Pathfinder, in which I am GM, but you all are the ones creating your characters and how the story proceeds. I would love to have at least something by Election close from everyone, but otherwise EON 1. Carry on. :)

I would like our gatekeeper to be someone with time (which I don't have) and a pretty decent skill level at juggling a lot of moving parts (making assumptions about the role) and a good entertainment value (for the lolz) and be someone who tends to live through the game.

The top 2 for me are Dubz and STL. Who has more time available? Otherwise, I gotta go WZ because STL likes to live a little on the chaotic side. Plus Dubz is from my home world.

WZ for Gatekeeper!

I would like our gatekeeper to be someone with time (which I don't have) and a pretty decent skill level at juggling a lot of moving parts (making assumptions about the role) and a good entertainment value (for the lolz) and be someone who tends to live through the game.

The top 2 for me are Dubz and STL. Who has more time available? Otherwise, I gotta go WZ because STL likes to live a little on the chaotic side. Plus Dubz is from my home world.

WZ for Gatekeeper!
I am completely free after tomorrow. And if my effort of writing an entire back story to the gatekeeper doesn't show you the amount of time I have to devote ;). Besides, doesn't dubz just drink and flake all the time now ;)

I like the idea, I don't like the selection. FFM is hilarious but oft absent and I want someone wholly engaged in that role. It's a good choice to encourage early investigation on him but I think lulz are more important.

I think I want to... Elect AM. Because her play has gotten soooo much better the last couple months, and I don't think shenanigans she has ever even been a serious contender for mayor.

Although truly... I think we should aim to make this an intergalactic three way tie, one with one candidate from each world. Nobody wants scum from another race controlling their freedom of movement. Shake up the peace a lil bit from D1.

You're not even on Hatari, goof. :)

Major major major sketch in those post.

Not the vanilla thing. That's fine.

The "imagine it comes with some form of night protection" part. Either STL has some inside knowledge - which makes no sense in a no PM game for a vanilla player - or ..... or what?

Mayor doesn't usually come with some form of night protection. Thinking it would this game is pure extrapolation based on the back story, and I just don't see that in the info.

Already making me nervous, STL.... kinda like you're trying to set yourself up for something down the road. I'm just not sure what.

Reactions: 1 users
I am completely free after tomorrow. And if my effort of writing an entire back story to the gatekeeper doesn't show you the amount of time I have to devote ;). Besides, doesn't dubz just drink and flake all the time now ;)
I will not stoop to the level of your mudslinging :p

I will simply say there is no reason to give STL even more power and influence in this game than he already has on his own. I don't think I need to list examples.

Reactions: 2 users
Major major major sketch in those post.

Not the vanilla thing. That's fine.

The "imagine it comes with some form of night protection" part. Either STL has some inside knowledge - which makes no sense in a no PM game for a vanilla player - or ..... or what?

Mayor doesn't usually come with some form of night protection. Thinking it would this game is pure extrapolation based on the back story, and I just don't see that in the info.

Already making me nervous, STL.... kinda like you're trying to set yourself up for something down the road. I'm just not sure what.
Sometimes tact is lost. Of course it doesn't come with night protection (because it never does). I was trying to plant a seed in some noob wolves brain that it does. When my name comes up for kill 3 nights in, I'd rather them have a hesitation of "wait didn't someone say something about a night avoidance?". And you know it's rare that they check who. So yes, you are correct, I was waving my hands, and you caught me. Congratulations.

I'm ok with drunk WZ.

No offense (really), but you'll start pulling all sorts of your usual super secret spy stuff and it will just confuse the heck out of things.

Yeah, you do a decent job of finding wolves. But it's always with a lot of DocE-style handwaving and "just trust me" the way you go about it. And, most importantly, it's indistinguishable from when you ARE a wolf.

The latter really makes me unwilling to vote for you for mayor - it's hard to get the mayor lynched because people inherently trust the position. You as mayor is a potential <DISASTER> for the village if you're actually a wolf (if you have some sort of cover from seering) or converted.

So no. No STL for Gatekeeper. At least, as far as my vote goes. :)

Rather than look at this as criticism, look at it as profound respect for how dangerous a wolf you are. :)

I will not stoop to the level of your mudslinging :p

I will simply say there is no reason to give STL even more power and influence in this game than he already has on his own. I don't think I need to list examples.
I would love to list examples of how I have decimated wolves in the last few games with very few powers. Imagine what would happen if I had real powers ;)

Sometimes tact is lost. Of course it doesn't come with night protection (because it never does). I was trying to plant a seed in some noob wolves brain that it does. When my name comes up for kill 3 nights in, I'd rather them have a hesitation of "wait didn't someone say something about a night avoidance?". And you know it's rare that they check who. So yes, you are correct, I was waving my hands, and you caught me. Congratulations.

Has nothing to do with tact. I <can> be tactful. You and I just have differing philosophies about WW. I am firmly in the camp that the more info in public the better, because the majority of players are villagers and so the info can be best used with the least amount of confusion. You like the super secret spy game.

And - why would I be tactful with you early game when I have no idea if you're a villager or a wolf? No way. You want subtle sly moves, you have to fall solidly in the villager camp first.

I would love to list examples of how I have decimated wolves in the last few games with very few powers. Imagine what would happen if I had real powers ;)
I'm sorry, am I meant to assume you are village just because you say so?

.... and if you were a wolf with those real powers.

That's what I worry about.
If I am a wolf with those real powers, I am setting my self to be repeatedly seered/blocked/etc. etc. etc. there is no reason to do that unless you think I am an unseerable and then we start to go down a rabbit hole. I cannot remember a time I have "actually" campaigned for mayor as wolf. I have done it half heartedly in the past to make people not want to seer me (which involves a lot of WIFOM analysis). But when I actually go for it head on, I am a vanillager, 98.9% of the time

That can be said of anyone going for mayor. You are a great wolf when you are one. So pot, care to explain your point to kettle?
You're predicating your campaign on how much good you'll do for the village, and hand waving how detrimental it could be if you're a wolf (or chaos, or end up converted, etc etc).

I make no claims to greatness. I just want to be Gate Keeper because I think it would be fun and I've been modding for a while ;)

If I am a wolf with those real powers, I am setting my self to be repeatedly seered/blocked/etc. etc. etc. there is no reason to do that unless you think I am an unseerable and then we start to go down a rabbit hole. I cannot remember a time I have "actually" campaigned for mayor as wolf. I have done it half heartedly in the past to make people not want to seer me (which involves a lot of WIFOM analysis). But when I actually go for it head on, I am a vanillager, 98.9% of the time

Sure. But this strikes me as a game where the wolves holding gate keeper could potentially be super useful. So let's say you RNG'd up wolf, and have an unseerable aspect / cover role.

You'd battle in a heart beat for the gate keeper position. Just like you're doing.

There are plenty of people who can be gate keeper. I just don't think you're a good risk for the position for the villagers. In my mind it weighs out as Village Gate Keeper STL is moderately useful, Wolf Gate Keeper STL is a disaster.

Gate keeper is a major flipping role this game. Significantly more potential to affect the course of gameplay than run of the mill mayor.

So I think it's both more likely a wolf (unseerable or alpha) will make a run for it, and more important than usual to ensure that doesn't happen.

Imo, best bet is to elect someone who hasn't made any effort to elect themselves, and hasn't been put forward as an early candidate by anyone else.

Elect Nyanko. Fits the bill and would make a solid gatekeeper.

You're predicating your campaign on how much good you'll do for the village, and hand waving how detrimental it could be if you're a wolf (or chaos, or end up converted, etc etc).

I make no claims to greatness. I just want to be Gate Keeper because I think it would be fun and I've been modding for a while ;)
Yet you are not addressing that the "aw shucks, sweetsy Dubz" tends to get quite far in the game as a wolf. I as a wolf, usually don't make it past half game (with one recent game as the exception to the rule).

Yea, typically that's how a campaign works. You don't hear the governor candidate saying "I am campaigning to take away people's health care! And I do hardcore meth on the weekends."

Reactions: 2 users
Gate keeper is a major flipping role this game. Significantly more potential to affect the course of gameplay than run of the mill mayor.

So I think it's both more likely a wolf (unseerable or alpha) will make a run for it, and more important than usual to ensure that doesn't happen.

Imo, best bet is to elect someone who hasn't made any effort to elect themselves, and hasn't been put forward as an early candidate by anyone else.

Elect Nyanko. Fits the bill and would make a solid gatekeeper.
But then we enter into WIFOM of what if you are doing that to try and garner support for a wolf candidate. So that logic falls apart for all people that are not yourself (and heck, if your a wolf, it falls apart for yourself too)

Yet you are not addressing that the "aw shucks, sweetsy Dubz" tends to get quite far in the game as a wolf. I as a wolf, usually don't make it past half game (with one recent game as the exception to the rule).

Yea, typically that's how a campaign works. You don't hear the governor candidate saying "I am campaigning to take away people's health care! And I do hardcore meth on the weekends."
Stop trying to get under my skin :p

I'm not saying you shouldn't campaign with a positive spin, just pointing out why you might not be the best candidate. Hell, I might not be the best candidate. I was just hoping people would vote for me as thanks for helping provide summer entertainment :D

Lol!

I can't pretend the worry of wolf STL as gatekeeper isn't real

My worry on this side is that it may be a role very similar to modding. Wouldn't you like a break?

But then we enter into WIFOM of what if you are doing that to try and garner support for a wolf candidate. So that logic falls apart for all people that are not yourself (and heck, if your a wolf, it falls apart for yourself too)

Eh. That's always going to be true. We could always make a mistake and land on a wolf. Kam's point is about picking a candidate in a way that minimizes that risk. I think Kam's comment stands just fine.

Lol!

I can't pretend the worry of wolf STL as gatekeeper isn't real

My worry on this side is that it may be a role very similar to modding. Wouldn't you like a break?
Let's be real for a second. I am modding again before Dubz is modding again. If she is not playing this summer, it's not because she is modding.