Wwar of Three WWorlds- Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eh. That's always going to be true. We could always make a mistake and land on a wolf. Kam's point is about picking a candidate in a way that minimizes that risk. I think Kam's comment stands just fine.
It's not the statement but it's the candidate. And it's always going to be the candidate because we don't know who is a wolf and who is not. The best person from that logic is to give it to a very nooby noob who will make a mistake if they are a wolf. But we are also forgetting that this is a pivotal role where we want the person who is that role to be active and to have an idea of how to handle and approach this role. I feel like I am consistently the most active person in the game while I am alive. My point is, we shouldn't choose a candidate because we are so scared of how someone who is suited for a role like this would do as a wolf. or at least not entirely. And that's the approach you are taking with it right now

Members don't see this ad.

### unelect FFM ###
### elect AM ###

Fine

Let's be real for a second. I am modding again before Dubz is modding again. If she is not playing this summer, it's not because she is modding.
My summer has been going for a month and a half already bruh. Modding is exactly why I haven't been playing. And I'm scheduled for at least one more game, if not two (or more, who knows) depending on how long other games run.

Members don't see this ad :)
My summer has been going for a month and a half already bruh. Modding is exactly why I haven't been playing. And I'm scheduled for at least one more game, if not two (or more, who knows) depending on how long other games run.
So you admit that you will be playing more games this summer? Because kata has one next. I am after kata. And someone else has one scheduled in August. This is not the only game you are playing this summer.

So you admit that you will be playing more games this summer? Because kata has one next. I am after kata. And someone else has one scheduled in August. This is not the only game you are playing this summer.
I didn't realize you were scheduled after kata, nor did kata officially schedule hers. If Egg wants to run our zoo game soon, which I believe she did want to do, I think she requested to do that before either you or kata said anything. Only other one I know I was going to try to play was Karabou's at the end of next month. Check again who is scheduled for August ;)
You're splitting hairs, I'm pretty sure I said it might be the only game I play (I can't predict the future) and that it was my first game after modding for a while anyway.

I have like two votes, while you've been busy focusing on me, AM is kicking your ass ;)

Reactions: 1 user
It's not the statement but it's the candidate. And it's always going to be the candidate because we don't know who is a wolf and who is not. The best person from that logic is to give it to a very nooby noob who will make a mistake if they are a wolf. But we are also forgetting that this is a pivotal role where we want the person who is that role to be active and to have an idea of how to handle and approach this role. I feel like I am consistently the most active person in the game while I am alive. My point is, we shouldn't choose a candidate because we are so scared of how someone who is suited for a role like this would do as a wolf. or at least not entirely. And that's the approach you are taking with it right now

Not really. I'm playing it both ways, which I think is appropriate. I think you are too big of a risk. I think FFM is a smart player who would do well with it, which is why I initially proposed him. Taking Trilt's comment into consideration, though, I'm ok with AM because I agree, AM has come a long ways - and is a reasonably active player. And also based on Trilt's comment, I probably wouldn't get support for FFM.

So. What ideas do you have about handling and approaching this role? What is your grand scheme that you (apparently) already have in mind? If you want to be transparent maybe I'll reconsider.

But probably not, because again, wolf-STL is just too big of a risk for that position.

I guess, rephrasing, since I didn't do a good job:

Lots of people are smart and active, STL. Lots of people could do a good job as Gatekeeper. Most of them <aren't> as good at wolfing and scheming, which makes them a lower risk on the other side of the coin.

You're smart and active. No disagreement. But you would be a disaster for the village as a wolf Gatekeeper.

So when I do that math, to me it says "pick someone other than STL."

You might help the village more by suggesting an alternative to yourself, though.... unless helping the village isn't your primary goal.

I think this horse has been beaten to death by now. Let the chips fall. If other people want you as Gatekeeper, you'll get the votes. If not, you won't. In the interests of not getting further off the rails, I'll leave my point where it is and move on.... should have done that a page ago, I guess.

I didn't realize you were scheduled after kata, nor did kata officially schedule hers. If Egg wants to run our zoo game soon, which I believe she did want to do, I think she requested to do that before either you or kata said anything. Only other one I know I was going to try to play was Karabou's at the end of next month. Check again who is scheduled for August ;)
You're splitting hairs, I'm pretty sure I said it might be the only game I play (I can't predict the future) and that it was my first game after modding for a while anyway.

I have like two votes, while you've been busy focusing on me AM is kicking your ass ;)
I am pretty sure Hmoo said Miyazaki in August when I had asked her previously. Kata was supposed to be next. I even forgot about kara's. And I had announced my summer immersive one a game or two ago.

Yes, AM is kicking my butt, but what you don't understand is you are splitting the progressive vote! I have been in favor of moving to a single protector gatekeeper system for years, and finally once it's instituted, they want someone else to run it. Do you understand how frustrating that is? There was a time for the corporate types, like you. But now is the time that we TRULY represent the people that we have been elected to represent, as opposed to those other interests that are funding your smear campaign. Once the progressives that would support you get in line under me, I will not have any issues getting elected.

Those that are currently going for AM are staunchly in opposition to my ideology, a more conservative ideology if you will. They believe that keeping things the same old way is just fine. They don't want to make greater progress. In fact, they want to take an even more hands off approach to this election. They want to "minimize the harm" which is another way to say that they are "minimizing the good". I stand before you today saying that. THIS. IS. WRONG. I want to provide the most amount of good to my constituents, and I believe that I am the one best suited for this.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't read everyone's comments I just know we are electing someone for gatekeeper.

Can I please to be gatekeeper? I haven't been in a mayorial/lead role in forever so would like to.

Elect dvmd

I guess, rephrasing, since I didn't do a good job:

Lots of people are smart and active, STL. Lots of people could do a good job as Gatekeeper. Most of them <aren't> as good at wolfing and scheming, which makes them a lower risk on the other side of the coin.

You're smart and active. No disagreement. But you would be a disaster for the village as a wolf Gatekeeper.

So when I do that math, to me it says "pick someone other than STL."

You might help the village more by suggesting an alternative to yourself, though.... unless helping the village isn't your primary goal.

I think this horse has been beaten to death by now. Let the chips fall. If other people want you as Gatekeeper, you'll get the votes. If not, you won't. In the interests of not getting further off the rails, I'll leave my point where it is and move on.... should have done that a page ago, I guess.
See what I am saying? My opponents are now saying that if I want to be elected, then I must be a corrupt and crooked politician. Why does anyone wish to be elected? For some it's the power. For others it's for personal gain. For me, it is to empower the people and provide for a greater good. You will hear others try and skew you. But I want you to think of How to get away with murder. Did I let those rotten, dirty felons get away with murder? I most certainly did not. I want you to think back to Supernatural? Did I let the ULTIMATE BAD end up taking out the lot of you? I most CERTAINLY did NOT. I can keep going on and on about what I have done for my constituents.

Do you also hear what my opponents are saying? They are saying that because I am smart that this makes me unfit to be a leader. Should we be led by a group of buffoons instead? I think not. Scheming should be seen as an ASSET, NOT a FAULT. A simple scheme can leave a team of deplorables left in ruins. The math that my opponent is doing is one based off of alternative facts, and I will no longer stand by while he smears my name.

I have been in favor of moving to a single protector gatekeeper system for years, and finally once it's instituted, they want someone else to run it. Do you understand how frustrating that is? There was a time for the corporate types, like you. But now is the time that we TRULY represent the people that we have been elected to represent, as opposed to those other interests that are funding your smear campaign. Once the progressives that would support you get in line under me, I will not have any issues getting elected.

:rofl:

Well played. Still won't get my vote, but I laughed. Thank you.

I've literally never been mayor in four years of werewolf :laugh:

Elect LIS

I don't want it.

My ongoing disagreement with STL aside, I agree with him that it should be someone more active than less active (I think he overemphasizes that point, but it's still a valid point). Lately, my playstyle has gone back to "check in when I can, don't invest too heavily in the game." Ever since that game with a few billion memes posted, I just can't care as much.

I did just mayor last game, too. Granted, it was a traditional role with only tie-breaking and it never came into play, but still - someone else's turn.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did just mayor last game, too. Granted, it was a traditional role with only tie-breaking and it never came into play, but still - someone else's turn.

Incidentally, the village win rate with me as mayor is incredibly high. Much higher than the overall village rate.

Which is really amusing, because it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with me - I've only rarely done anything as mayor that's actually impacted the game. It's just one of those amusing coincidences that you can build a good 'correlation isn't causation' example from.

See what I am saying? My opponents are now saying that if I want to be elected, then I must be a corrupt and crooked politician. Why does anyone wish to be elected? For some it's the power. For others it's for personal gain. For me, it is to empower the people and provide for a greater good. You will hear others try and skew you. But I want you to think of How to get away with murder. Did I let those rotten, dirty felons get away with murder? I most certainly did not. I want you to think back to Supernatural? Did I let the ULTIMATE BAD end up taking out the lot of you? I most CERTAINLY did NOT. I can keep going on and on about what I have done for my constituents.

Do you also hear what my opponents are saying? They are saying that because I am smart that this makes me unfit to be a leader. Should we be led by a group of buffoons instead? I think not. Scheming should be seen as an ASSET, NOT a FAULT. A simple scheme can leave a team of deplorables left in ruins. The math that my opponent is doing is one based off of alternative facts, and I will no longer stand by while he smears my name.

So does this mean you don't have an alternative suggestion to yourself? Are you claiming to be the only person smart enough for the role?

I'm not going to touch the politician debate because they are all full of lies.

Just going to say, I'll do a damned good job as gate keeper. :)

So does this mean you don't have an alternative suggestion to yourself? Are you claiming to be the only person smart enough for the role?
All jokes aside, no I am not the only one smartest for this role. But me, DocE, and SoV are the types that thrive off roles like this. It takes a bit of thinking outside the box to approach who to allow through, what to allow in exchange for going through, and how to use those subsequent abilities. This isn't your typical choose a person that seems sketchy type of role. This is like an item maker time role (which, thinking of it, Trilt would also thrive in a role like this). It takes a level of time commitment to really think through strategies that disqualifies half of the people in this game IMHO. I don't think anyone is not smart enough. But I do think that this is where I can let my creativity shine through.

All jokes aside, no I am not the only one smartest for this role. But me, DocE, and SoV are the types that thrive off roles like this. It takes a bit of thinking outside the box to approach who to allow through, what to allow in exchange for going through, and how to use those subsequent abilities. This isn't your typical choose a person that seems sketchy type of role. This is like an item maker time role (which, thinking of it, Trilt would also thrive in a role like this). It takes a level of time commitment to really think through strategies that disqualifies half of the people in this game IMHO. I don't think anyone is not smart enough. But I do think that this is where I can let my creativity shine through.

I'm not voting for you because you discount a lot of people who could do well in this role. And for that, I refuse to vote for you.

I also think it's important to elect someone that will be around a lot, so maybe FFM isn't the best choice, probably DVMD, LIS and I would all similarly be poor choices IMO.

I actually can reasonably be around this game because the deadlines are actually realistic. And I'm working by myself a lot so, tough **** I'm checking my phone at work. :)

I just don't love the idea of giving it to someone who wants it really bad. STL wants it really bad.

I'm hoping if the wolves were going to put an alpha or unseerable forward, it would have happened by now. Early bird gets the worm and all that.

Ny checked in already and didn't ask for it. Others who meet the same criteria would work fine for me, too. Lots of folks are creative and analytical enough to make good use of the role.

I just don't love the idea of giving it to someone who wants it really bad. STL wants it really bad.

I'm hoping if the wolves were going to put a name forward, it would have happened by now. Early bird gets the worm and all that.

Ny checked in already and didn't ask for it. Others who meet the same criteria would work fine for me, too. Lots of folks are creative and analytical enough to make good use of the role.
Out of curiosity, are you worried if any wolf gets this role? Or just an unseerable? Just want to see your logic flow

I'm hoping if the wolves were going to put a name forward, it would have happened by now. Early bird gets the worm and all that.

I just want it because haven't done it in forever and my role is boring as **** otherwise. But, whatever happens, happens. I'm not going to make 500+ word posts about it. Just tossing my name out there because it'd be nice to be considered. Especially with others already voicing that I'm not a good choice which kind of makes me angry that they'd just assume I can't.

I just want it because haven't done it in forever and my role is boring as **** otherwise. But, whatever happens, happens. I'm not going to make 500+ word posts about it. Just tossing my name out there because it'd be nice to be considered. Especially with others already voicing that I'm not a good choice which kind of makes me angry that they'd just assume I can't.
People are not saying you are a bad choice having to do with an intellect standpoint (in that regard you are a perfect choice). People only mentioned it because of activity level, which is not something you can help. Which I know you have already addressed, but I don't think anyone is questioning anything other than how often you can be here

I actually can reasonably be around this game because the deadlines are actually realistic. And I'm working by myself a lot so, tough **** I'm checking my phone at work. :)
If you can be around, I'm listening.

Since WZ doesn't want it anymore, I am torn between the lulz and logic. I do think you would handle it well...

The next question is if we put our best wolf finders in as gatekeepers, will it be too distracting and decrease village chances? Candidates discuss ;)

People are not saying you are a bad choice having to do with an intellect standpoint (in that regard you are a perfect choice). People only mentioned it because of activity level, which is not something you can help. Which I know you have already addressed, but I don't think anyone is questioning anything other than how often you can be here

I'm aware that's the reasoning but don't post that without knowing is what I'm saying. Instead people just assumed which is annoying.

Since WZ doesn't want it anymore, I am torn between the lulz and logic. I do think you would handle it well...

The next question is if we put our best wolf finders in as gatekeepers, will it be too distracting and decrease village chances? Candidates discuss ;)

In what way would it decrease villager chances? I guess I don't see how that would decrease village chances and if anything should increase them.

Where is the flow with this logic? I am going to be at the forefront regardless with discussion, all that changes is whether or not I have role abilities at my disposal or not. I am one of those that loathes the vanillager role (although from a mechanistic standpoint, I get the importance of it in the game, I just hate when I get it). It does turn me off a little bit when I get it, and I am a bit less active.

Out of curiosity, are you worried if any wolf gets this role? Or just an unseerable? Just want to see your logic flow

We obviously don't want a wolf in the role at all. But I think if the wolves were going to suggest one of their own, it would be someone who could survive an immediate seering.

Picking someone who hasn't asked for the role doesn't preclude accidentally selecting a wolf, but it reduces the risk we pick a wolf who would be difficult to root out of the position once they've gained a foothold.

Clarifications on Moving and Trading Posts:

I think to keep the game pace up, these are to be daytime submissions. So if you have an ability or item to trade for movement, please submit before day close. I will also open up Trading Posts soon after night write-up. So tomorrow afternoon is when they will have their grand opening.

Thanks and carry on with the election.

We obviously don't want a wolf in the role at all. But I think if the wolves were going to suggest one of their own, it would be someone who could survive an immediate seering.

Picking someone who hasn't asked for the role doesn't preclude accidentally selecting a wolf, but it reduces the risk we pick a wolf who would be difficult to root out of the position once they've gained a foothold.

Welp clearly there isn't a wolf collection behind me because no one is behind me. :laugh:

So no worries about my being the sacrificial wolf for mayor role. Not to mention I'm a boring vanillager, but up to you to decide what you believe.

Heading back to work, will check in occasionally.

If your worry was that I decided because I saw my role, and was like "oh wow, I am an unseerable wolf, let me go for this" it doesn't follow, as I said I was going for this position before roles were released. So either I got extremely lucky and had that unseerable role fall on my lap after (which is highly unlikely, a 1 in 21 chance if it even exists in the game), or I really got a vanillager role and I really want to contribute as maximally as possible.

Hopefully someone has a silencing ability this game

Reactions: 3 users
In what way would it decrease villager chances? I guess I don't see how that would decrease village chances and if anything should increase them.

Where is the flow with this logic? I am going to be at the forefront regardless with discussion, all that changes is whether or not I have role abilities at my disposal or not. I am one of those that loathes the vanillager role (although from a mechanistic standpoint, I get the importance of it in the game, I just hate when I get it). It does turn me off a little bit when I get it, and I am a bit less active.

Apparently I didn't word that well. You are both good players. If we give you a role that steals your attention away from finding a wolf and toward mechanics, will the village lose the benefits of your wolf hunting?

It is a cost/benefit thing. I am just trying to decide if there are other risks beyond electing a wolf.

Apparently I didn't word that well. You are both good players. If we give you a role that steals your attention away from finding a wolf and toward mechanics, will the village lose the benefits of your wolf hunting?

It is a cost/benefit thing. I am just trying to decide if there are other risks beyond electing a wolf.

My goal every ww game is to find wolves. That is the point of ww. Mechanics are cool but the purpose of ww is in finding wolves.

I think it amplifies the ability of wolf hunters. Because now instead of just having feels and spreadsheets, it will have mechanisms to test the info and weed down the list.

alright, the blowhard-meter has gone off the charts now. i can't with good conscience continue to support this. unelect STL and elect DVMD

so there

I've got zero problems voting for you. You just aren't on the right planet.

(And if my AM push doesn't gain enough traction and it comes down to you or STL, I'll move my vote to you.)

Am I ever on the right planet? ;)

Mmmmmmm........ too easy. Hard pass. :)

I've got zero problems voting for you. You just aren't on the right planet.
I don't care which planet they come from because we all need to keep the peace together in order to keep our worlds whole.

Hello! I just got home from work and am catching up now. As most of you probably know, this is only my second game (I wouldn't even call it that, my first game was during the whole Gail situation and that was a huge mess) and I'm a HUGE noob, so bear with me!