WWarriors: Into the WWild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch barks

Im just not convinced yet. Her participation today seems slightly forced and an attempt to "make up" for lack of participation yesterday.

The other thing I find odd aside from the strange doggo interactions, is that she has been completely avoidant around everyone voting her. Normally she gets pretty defensive as a villager at the first sign of falling under suspicion, and right now she is basically throwing around contributions and discussion with the people who have said anything about her. In this large of a game, maybe she feels like a few votes arent that harmful if she can appear normal to everyone else (read: damage control), plus there are more wolves to have an impact on the lynch.
ORRR, just consider this for a minute, I was super busy at work yesterday to the point that I stayed 3 hours late and today I am not at work so I'm here :thinking:
As for the people voting me, who exactly am I supposed to be responding to? Coffee who dropped a vote and peaced out, sunbodi who's dead, or kota who I have already responded to? If there's someone else voting for me I can't remember
 
How is saying something might be helpful to wolves giving them any information?
And sure she can be trying to piece things together all she wants but I still don't think it's something that needs to be talked about right now and at this point I'm tired of repeating myself
In my last game, people kept mentioning how saying some things can help the wolves. The thing with that is that my last game was all noobs, so the wolves probably didn't realize those things on their own, so saying that it can help the wolves probably did end up helping the wolves. I guess this game is different because most players are experienced, so I guess it would just be stating the obvious, but I would still want to be careful when saying things like that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my last game, people kept mentioning how saying some things can help the wolves. The thing with that is that my last game was all noobs, so the wolves probably didn't realize those things on their own, so saying that it can help the wolves probably did end up helping the wolves. I guess this game is different because most players are experienced, so I guess it would just be stating the obvious, but I would still want to be careful when saying things like that.
I mean I was in wolf chat in the noob game and I'm pretty sure they picked up on most things on their own. Plus wolves would probably already know what information is beneficial to them or not
 
For whoever said Sunbodi was maybe blocked and that's why no wolves died... there have to be multiple blockers if that's the case, because I was blocked last night.

@StartingoverVet I hope you haven't fallen back into old habits.
Lol. Not me, but I kind of wish it were now just for the chuckles, but so happy not to have that ability.
 
Ok caught up. I have a bunch of quotes here so bear with me


What are your thoughts on alissa today?


Based on Pippy's claim I think they may have been protected.



This "we were leaning" language strikes me as odd. There really is no "we" this early in the game because no one really knows who to trust. Feels like you are trying to be chummy, and gives me wolfy feelz.


Sorry what is WIFOM? SOrry if that was also on the noob word list!


Didn't SOV do the same thing?


Likelihood of multiple of these???


Yikes. I don't see what in there would make you think she is connecting you with Sunni's death, so this is WEIRD.


She's pointing out that there must have been someone else involved in sunni's death besides sunbodi and her attacker, and that it most likely wasn't somebody blocking sunbodi. I think the only way it could be that is if there is both a wolf blocker and a village blocker.


It was still like 2 hours before lynch. I was waiting to hear more from Jenjen. She didn't even post until late and then just voted to lynch Mel, so I was pretty sus of her at that point, and probably would have moved my vote there. But its super hard to say what would have happened but didn't and does it really give you more information to believe about me anyway? You've moved to somewhat neutral/village on my list, and I think you're doing a lot of good questioning. So now, why are you voting for me? Is it just because I voted to lynch you yesterday and didn't move my vote before the mel shenanigans? You weren't even in danger of getting lynched anyway.
WIFOM = wine in front of me

its in reference to the princess bride.

it basically refers to the difficulty (futility) of trying to predict how people think and make choices. Do they intentionally make the obvious choice or the less obvious choice...you’ll end up in circles.
 
I think it’s very possible, yes. Both you and dubz can’t seem to come up with new reasons to lynch me even though I feel like I’ve provided defense and context to every point. Again I feel like I’m just beating a dead horse.
I mean, I've brought up many points. Sorry if you continuing to only focus on people who have voiced suspicion of you doesn't make me feel better.
 
I would like a more concise explanation for the JJ lynch, I’m not saying I disagree with you. I think her defensiveness towards AM and persistence that AM is wolfing by using only quotes/memes is a little odd, but she is new.
  • I interpreted AM's memes to mean something related to Mel that I largely ignored/chalked up to her whining about it
    • JJ immediately interpreted the same thing as "are you wondering why I visited sunbodi last night?" which came out of NOWHERE imo
  • I stronglysuspect wolves killed Sunbodi N1 because a few people (including me) made the mistake yesterday of telling people/reminding people she took down a whole pack of wolves consecutively the last time she played, and wolves got scared as hell
    • JJ admits today that she indeed was afraid of Sunbodi. Specifically, she was afraid Sunbodi would notice her and convince people to lynch her.
Noob wolves are particularly scared wolves.

Wolves in general are often scared of strong, aggressive players -- ESPECIALLY when those players have a track record of being correct. They are less afraid of me because my wolf reads often suck and so I get villagers lynched for them lol

Scared wolves kill off perceived threats ASAP (which is why Paws said yesterday that she expects to be dead in a few days if she is doing her usual village thang). They simply cannot take the risk of someone leading lynches on their whole pack.

So JJ admitting she was scared of Sunbodi does nothing to assuage my concern that she could be part of a noob wolf pack who killed SunnyB off before she noticed them acting wolfy. It affirms exactly what I was already worried about.

Edited to fix pronouns!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
  • I interpreted AM's memes to mean something related to Mel that I largely ignored/chalked up to her whining about it
    • JJ immediately interpreted the same thing as "are you wondering why I visited sunbodi last night?" which came out of NOWHERE imo
  • I strongly suspect wolves killed Sunbodi N1 because a few people (including me) made the mistake yesterday of telling people/reminding people she took down a whole pack of wolves consecutively the last time she played, and they got scared as hell
    • JJ admits today that he indeed was afraid of Sunbodi. Specifically, he was afraid she would notice him and convince people to lynch him.
Noob wolves are particularly scared wolves.

Wolves in general are often scared of strong, aggressive players -- ESPECIALLY when those players have a track record of being correct. They are less afraid of me because my wolf reads often suck and so I get villagers lynched for them lol

Scared wolves kill off perceived threats ASAP (which is why Paws said yesterday that she expects to be dead in a few days if she is doing her usual village thang). They simply cannot take the risk of someone leading lynches on their whole pack.

So JJ admitting he was scared of Sunbodi does nothing to assuage my concern that he could be part of a noob wolf pack who killed her off before she noticed them acting wolfy. It affirms exactly what I was already worried about.

Okay, I agree with this.
 
Okay, I just feel like there’s been a lot more development in the thread that your reads might have changed since then.
I think if you look at some old games, it will become apparent that loud players who play by going on the offensive often make people uncomfortable.

I don't want to speak for Barks, but I also don't think that seeing me question someone to the point of causing them to be frustrated with me is something many people would interpret as particularly affiliation-indicative.
 
Aight, I leave and then that's when the lynch votes come out lol

@JJ Bittenbinder can you explain this "we"? This seems like a MAJOR slip-up to me. Who else is this "we" referring to?
We... as in the collective who were active yesterday, were definitely leaning towards a jen/ziggy vote. I don't understand what other context it could be in, unless you're trying to say my slip up was saying we the wolves were trying to lynch them?

  • I interpreted AM's memes to mean something related to Mel that I largely ignored/chalked up to her whining about it
    • JJ immediately interpreted the same thing as "are you wondering why I visited sunbodi last night?" which came out of NOWHERE imo
  • I stronglysuspect wolves killed Sunbodi N1 because a few people (including me) made the mistake yesterday of telling people/reminding people she took down a whole pack of wolves consecutively the last time she played, and they got scared as hell
    • JJ admits today that he indeed was afraid of Sunbodi. Specifically, he was afraid she would notice him and convince people to lynch him.
Noob wolves are particularly scared wolves.

Wolves in general are often scared of strong, aggressive players -- ESPECIALLY when those players have a track record of being correct. They are less afraid of me because my wolf reads often suck and so I get villagers lynched for them lol

Scared wolves kill off perceived threats ASAP (which is why Paws said yesterday that she expects to be dead in a few days if she is doing her usual village thang). They simply cannot take the risk of someone leading lynches on their whole pack.

So JJ admitting he was scared of Sunbodi does nothing to assuage my concern that he could be part of a noob wolf pack who killed her off before she noticed them acting wolfy. It affirms exactly what I was already worried about.

I was focused on the results from the N1 lynch so I thought the dead cheese was Sun. I was on the defensive honestly bc Coffee was already fingering me out the gate. I think when you're the one being attacked it's pretty easy to see how someone else would make a different association/interpretation of memes.

What would I gain as a wolf by being so aggressive against a more experienced player and bringing up accusations no one had made yet about me? Also, why would I admit being intimidated by Sun as a wolf after they're already dead when I hadn't had as much interaction with her anyway if not to just answer a question honestly?
 
Okay, then any new reads? I just threw out the names of some of the people that have been pretty active today. I would just like to know more of your thoughts
Sure
I feel like 3m's posts haven't really caught my attention which makes me feel like she has been flying under the radar and has been quieter than usual
Gut feels says paws is village
I'm a bad manator so I keep trying to remember if Mrs has ever been a villager before lol
Eriyo I thought seemed okay yesterday, and while I don't always agree with them today I still am leaning them more toward the village side
I also feel like wondering is a lot more talkative than she has been so I'm taking note of that too and hoping to hear more from her
There's also a lot of people who really haven't talked much at all
 
So you feel like he is which one this time? bc he doesn't seem to be posting enough to fall in either of those categories to me.
I'm leaning cubs village
Do you think he still sounds fine today?
I think he has said some weird things today but I don't totally believe they're wolfy instead of just nooby
I don't want to speak for Barks, but I also don't think that seeing me question someone to the point of causing them to be frustrated with me is something many people would interpret as particularly affiliation-indicative.
This is true haha
 
I was focused on the results from the N1 lynch so I thought the dead cheese was Sun. I was on the defensive honestly bc Coffee was already fingering me out the gate. I think when you're the one being attacked it's pretty easy to see how someone else would make a different association/interpretation of memes.
Yes but --

even if I did interpret a dead cheese as a sun, I don't think I would also jump to interpreting it as someone accusing me of doing something I didn't do lol.

But thank you for giving me another reason to move Coffee more village if you flip wolf 😉

What would I gain as a wolf by being so aggressive against a more experienced player and bringing up accusations no one had made yet about me?
That's my point. Nothing. Which is why it's easier for wolves to just kill people like that.

Also, why would I admit being intimidated by Sun as a wolf after they're already dead when I hadn't had as much interaction with her anyway if not to just answer a question honestly?
A good point, and I'm thinking about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a bad manator so I keep trying to remember if Mrs has ever been a villager before lol

I'm sad! We just villaged together in Countdown 2.5 (which is also when I thought you were a wolf for most of the game bc you were posting so little, so I'm really trying not to jump to that conclusion here) (which is also when wolves tried to push my lynch every single day lol).
 
my thoughts after reading through.,,,

*don’t agree with the Alissa lynch. All the stuff she said makes sense as a villager to me. In fact, I actually kind of like the thought processes.

* AM has a post restriction for realz or is in trouble soon if no one else gets one. There really is no upside to faking now, unless wolves are setting up a major plan for later

* pippy seems village to me, but I only read her well when she is chaos.

* I think there is importance to being in clans but have no idea what exactly it is. I don’t think it is wolfy to want to know why. I presume it can help village but I don’t know why,

*. MrsDrDr big cats JJ 3M Barkley and Doggo are all on my list As possible wolves.

* I don’t trust WZ at all. Last time i was village and felt this way she pulled out her (Sov is always saying I am wolf, but she was....so in b4 that lame argument). Her posts are vaguely unhelpful. Not ready to lynch her today, but i would personally suggest not relying on her judgement, as I know a lot of players here give her a lot of (usually deserved) cred.
 
I'm sad! We just villaged together in Countdown 2.5 (which is also when I thought you were a wolf for most of the game bc you were posting so little, so I'm really trying not to jump to that conclusion here) (which is also when wolves tried to push my lynch every single day lol).
I must've blocked this game from my brain for some reason because people keep mentioning it and I can barely remember what happened lol
 
If anyone cares, I take back my village read on SOV.

He is now neutral after that reads post. Last time he was a wolf, he said almost the exact same thing about me being chaos, and iirc he went after village AM at the bottom of the post, saying similar things to what he just said about Dubz.

That said, I am intrigued by his BC lynch vote because I am racking up a good amount of wolf points for her right now as well.

I'm just putting this here for sake of posterity in case I end up being wooed by dojo pandemic puppies later lmao

edited to add "pandemic" puppies because I crack myself up
 
Last edited:
Before mel-tdown jenjen and barks were in the lead, not ziggy. I don't think there was a collective lean.

So can you post some updated reads? Maybe that will get you off the self-defense hook.
Fair, you're right.

I'm still not so sure about @genny, she went hard on Mel since the beginning but we haven't really gotten any updates on her thoughts since then. Also, she said
Why you were with SunnyB the night she died.
which makes me think my interpretation isn't as crazy as everyone's making it out to be, lol. I'm curious about her thoughts. I am neutral on them rn. She reacted to my post then never posted anything after.

I'm probably wrong about AM, I'll give y'all that. I'm not really sure about who looks suspicious to me, I will go back and think on it some more. Alissa's frustration feels genuine to me and also Kota hasn't been bandwagoning and has been asking for thoughts/evidence behind lynch votes consistently which feels village to me.

Pippy I'm getting village reads from. She's pushing me super hard, a bunch of people are, but I get it (how my words could be misinterpreted). However I do think earlier on I was getting pushed super hard for not as valid a reason when I said this
Also I think it is interesting that I got through D1 without much attention on me honestly, but as soon as D2 hit I have like 3 people hunting me down
At first everyone was calling me a wolf because of the Mel stuff when I feel like I justified myself on it. And that kept getting brought up until I said the stuff about Sun, then everyone was on me about that instead when they were super concerned about my post about Mel before.

That's my point. Nothing. Which is why it's easier for wolves to just kill people like that.

That was me talking about AM, not Sun.

I'm gonna keep reading back because honestly I don't feel like I have enough to vote on someone yet.
 
If anyone cares, I take back my village read on SOV.

He is now neutral after that reads post. Last time he was a wolf, he said almost the exact same thing about me being chaos, and iirc he went after village AM at the bottom of the post, saying similar things to what he just said about Dubz.

That said, I am intrigued by his BC lynch vote because I am racking up a good amount of wolf points for her right now as well.

I'm just putting this here for sake of posterity in case I end up being wooed by dojo pandemic puppies later lmao

edited to add "pandemic" puppies because I crack myself up

I agree with your point about SOV, but am also finding myself suspicious of Dubz today.

IMO you’ve come off more village to me since you left the alissa lynch
 
Day 2 Find the Objective lynch tally:

paws (1) - ziggy
barks (3) - Kota, Coffee?, cubs
Pippy ()
alissa (1) - WZ
Dina ()
cubs (1) - bigcats
MsP (2) - Dina, dolph
JJB (4) - AM, Pippy, Eriyo, mrsdrdr
MrsDrDr (1) - alissa
bigcats (1) - SOV

14/24

in jeopardy: @JJ Bittenbinder with @Barkley13 as a close second.
Missing: less than a dozen

lynch closes at 9pm Central (~5.5 hours)

DqoEdgYXcAEKZ0j.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh cool you are here. Got anything to say about my response to you? 🙄

I mean just cause youre reading me village, doesnt mean I cant still read you wolf. I still have 5 hours or so to change my vote if I see fit. I get the being gone at work, I didnt appear to close to 3 yesterday, but still seem off. Dont worry, im looking at others too. 🙂

To note, the more frustration Alissa is showing is making me move her move village. Thats a lot of expenditure for a wolf to constantly defend like that when there still isnt any real danger. She's "reverse tunneling" on herself I feel, self preservation over active wolf hunting, so it has the appearance of abnormal behavior.
 
* I don’t trust WZ at all. Last time i was village and felt this way she pulled out her (Sov is always saying I am wolf, but she was....so in b4 that lame argument). Her posts are vaguely unhelpful. Not ready to lynch her today, but i would personally suggest not relying on her judgement, as I know a lot of players here give her a lot of (usually deserved) cred.
I think I'm vaguely hurt by this comment...how have my posts been unhelpful?