WWarriors: Into the WWild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ok ok last reply before I leave. (I do this all the time and say I'm leaving then get distracted and don't actually leave lol)

Maybe I just got a different feel from her having her as a PM partner than you did, but you modded so you were there also. I guess we just had different interpretations. Again, I think I'm being a little hard on the noobs considering most of you probably still think I'm a noob myself. I agree that this is not late game and I have even said that its hard D1 to have thoughts. Although, I think this game is an exception because quite a few people have posted already and given me enough content to form reasoning off of their posts (which I really appreciate). Yes I was pushing her when you posted that but I have since backed off after reading more of her posts.

Other thoughts:
-Paws came out swinging but I don't get wolf vibes from it
-Feeling better about Kota
-Feeling ehh for eriyo but again, this is their second game and I'll give them a little time to warm ups before I really start pushing there
-Feeling okay about pippy and you for now
-Zero thoughts on BC except that I agreed with some of her posts, haven't decided how concerned I should be about lack of bigcats' activity do far, we're still early into D1
-While I am not against putting players on the board D1 with one vote, I feel that there has been sufficient discussion thus far to at least give some light reads. This goes for those who are still on their D1 joke vote as well. Because of this, I hope to hear more thoughts from Ziggy, Dina, wonder, SOV, eriyo, sunbodi, and coffee?
-as always I'd like to hear from those who haven't posted much yet or have yet to check in for now

other other thoughts:
@BigCats have your thoughts changed at all on kota since they have posted more?
Feeling slightly better about Kota, worse about you since aggro!alissa leans wolf imo.
 
Day 1: Unofficial Into the Wild Tally

Pippy (2) - AM, Mel
Doggo () -
Barks (2) - doggo, Coffee?
Mel (3) - genny, alissa, kota
alissa (1) - dubz
Bc (1) - Paws
Kota (2) - Barks, BC
ziggy (1) - dina
paws (1) - ziggy
WZ (1) - Wondering
turkey (1) - SOV
Coffee? (1) - Pippy
jj (1) - Sunny B

16/26

Missing: a lot
Waffles: with butter

lynch closes at 9pm CDT (~8 hours)

View attachment 302686
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My cat does that too, acts all sweet and happy and then she attacks you without notice.
There's probably a warning, but it might be really subtle. One of my cats licks your hand when she's had enough, and if you don't stop while she's licking you, then it's chomping time. My tuxedo kitty just drops her ears like 3 degrees, and furrows her brow a little. My husband can't pick up on either of those signals, so he gets bitten regularly.
 
It’s a little odd Jenjen posted 3 times so far, neither of which had any substantial content, and she lynched without a reason, then gave a brief explanation for it to “see how I reacted.” What do you guys think about this?
 
There's probably a warning, but it might be really subtle. One of my cats licks your hand when she's had enough, and if you don't stop while she's licking you, then it's chomping time. My tuxedo kitty just drops her ears like 3 degrees, and furrows her brow a little. My husband can't pick up on either of those signals, so he gets bitten regularly.

Well her tail usually flicks when she gets pissy, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if she’s laying down or on her back
 
It’s a little odd Jenjen posted 3 times so far, neither of which had any substantial content, and she lynched without a reason, then gave a brief explanation for it to “see how I reacted.” What do you guys think about this?
Good pickup. I meant to question her on the "see how you reacted" bit and forgot. @jenjen2020
 
heh, I went through and quoted things to respond to... and I thought I was being selective... but it turns out it was like 20 quotes. oops. I will do them in 2 posts.

I think she’s trying to get village cred by passing off knowing about the double kill as her “reading it” in the intro post.
I think you're mad that my reading ruined your double kill-driven plan to pocket a bunch of Warrior-crazed noobs.
Even if she’s village, worst case scenario there IS a double kill and lynching pippy now will keep her from rooting out everyone’s breed again.
bro, what do you think would be the point of village-me telling everyone to shut up about their clan and then going on a crusade later to get everyone to reveal their clan? this isn't a dog show where I want to know what dog everyone is so I can be like "ooooh I will picture you as an ADORABLE border collie in my head". I don't even know what these clans are because I've never read the books.

And no, that is not an invitation for someone to be like "OMG THERE IS CLAN FLEABAG, AND THEY ARE RIVALS OF CLAN SNAGGLETOOTH" -- I can look it up if I'm curious.

I think if there is a clan-based double kill mechanic, it would be dumb for a wolf to shoot themselves in the foot by pointing it out this early before getting a chance to catch the people who don't read
Right? Cheezit should be thanking me, not lynching me.

Do you know for a fact that this is a thing?
Do you suddenly not know how these kinds of mechanics work?
I could also see some roles that only work within a clan, maybe blocking, normal killing, or ability to hide their action etc,. Lots of possibilities, and all speculation for now. Mechanically though, it always makes sense to require the presence of a player on a group to perform a Role on them.
Can you explain what you mean by this?

Okay, after rereading and taking notes, I think BC was probably joking based on their posts afterwards. It seems more sarcastic then having meaning.

Pippy, I am leaning village on. I know they suspect a double kill mechanism based on their interpretation, but I feel that’s more based off another game then them being wolfy. And I feel like then mentioning a possible double kill mech is more helpful for village if us noobs didn’t read that into it (like me), and it gives a reason to heed the warning of not revealing our clans

Paws, I don’t like their attitude. I think they were and are too snarky and hostile in their initial posts, but that’s just my interpretation. They are very persistent about getting the information they want; however, I’m not sure if this is wolfy or not.

I think it’s odd jenjen didn’t start posting until this morning, but a lot of people didn’t and this also was a common theme last game, so I don’t have much on her.

unlynch BC

Lynch Mel


I’m going back to my Mel lynch for now because they seem to be heavy trolling the game so far, and haven’t contributed a lot of helpful content.
I don't know how people think this sounds wolfy. This doesn't sound wolfy to me at all.

Although, I will say that Paws often comes out of the gate strong -- it would be more strange for her to hang back.
 
Okay, but if we don't lynch Mel D1, I won't have to kill so many people this time around.
I am totally feeling this right now... Kota stuck around near end game last game and I bet learned a lot from that experience. I'm getting "first time wolf" vibes here and am debating on switching. I am still getting noob vibes but this time its noob wolf not noob village
No.
I've been pocketed by pippy in the past and don't want to repeat my mistakes
boooooooooringggggg
you are very wise my friend
extra boring
Towards the end she was able to provide some solid reads and now I expect nothing less 😛
It's D1 -- why do you expect someone to provide the same level of reads at the beginning as they would in end game?
No hedging. If you're going to fight me over lynching Pippy, I won't accept half-ass comments like this. Yes, she's village. or No, she's not.
this is dumb.
People are too afraid to move their votes if something better comes up/requires rereading the game and that's why village ends up losing.
lolololololol @ this coming from the Lord of the Tunnel
I'm kind of amused by your saying this when it's a strategy I rarely see you employ :laugh:
dammit
the 11 minute video of flush eating nesquik ramen
this...this sounds disgusting
My husband can't pick up on either of those signals, so he gets bitten regularly.
My husband just got bitten by Mr. Chronic Rabies, who then came to seek shelter in my lap and glare at the cat-nap-ruiner, and I may or may not have laughed

---
Coffee flippy floppy quotes for anyone who is interested -- it's like she doesn't know why she's making the statements she's making and is retroactively looking for ways to justify them.
When did she say that?
In the intro post
This was my theory as well, but since it's not confirmed, I don't consider it definite
1) I didn't make an assumption, I had a theory. Your post made it sound like you were sure of it. I wondered if I was stupidly missing something that confirmed it as fact.
2) I wanted to make sure it wasn't a rojo
Not a low count but that when she has posted a felt it wasn't contributing much
 
I have to hard disagree with everyone who has said Paws seems village due to her coming out of the gate swinging. Definitely remember her doing that as a wolf before and that was my immediate thought when I saw her interaction with BC.

I haven't played with Kota before and so I don't know what she did 'last game', but so far I've liked her posts.

I want to hear more from zigzagoon. My vote yesterday was mostly a joke, but now I'm also hmmmm'ing her change in play from what I remember of village Ziggy. Even if she's changing her play style I still hope to see some good analysis that I'm used to sometime today.
 
I have to hard disagree with everyone who has said Paws seems village due to her coming out of the gate swinging. Definitely remember her doing that as a wolf before and that was my immediate thought when I saw her interaction with BC.
I'm actually not leaning her either way, but her being strong and sharp with questions is very much a thing she tries to do regardless of her affiliation. And if she is village, it's a reeeaaaally easy thing for wolves to jump on because aggressive wolf hunting makes them nervous af. So I would rather wait on her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to hard disagree with everyone who has said Paws seems village due to her coming out of the gate swinging. Definitely remember her doing that as a wolf before and that was my immediate thought when I saw her interaction with BC.
I would agree with dina and pips, its NAI. I would rather be lynched D1 for actually playing or nk1 because the wolves are kitties, then be a villager 3 days in and have to justify kittyfooting around. I also know this as a wolf and am good at imitating myself.
 
My husband just got bitten by Mr. Chronic Rabies, who then came to seek shelter in my lap and glare at the cat-nap-ruiner, and I may or may not have laughed
I've caught myself laughing a couple times when Gandalf bites the hubz 😳
 
I just think that any time a mod puts something in bold saying "btw you probably should think twice before doing xyz," it's probably very safe to assume it has negative effects of some kind. Otherwise there wouldn't be a warning in bold about it.

It could also influence the night pm action, so that could be a reason for the bolded part as well. Also clan affiliation does not necessarily mean wolf... although if you read the book some clans are more prone to evil kitties then others
 
I would agree with dina and pips, its NAI. I would rather be lynched D1 for actually playing or nk1 because the wolves are kitties, then be a villager 3 days in and have to justify kittyfooting around. I also know this as a wolf and am good at imitating myself.
I know I do it too but I'm always kind of amused when other people analyze their own meta :laugh:
You can still have my half village point. They're only good for like, a day or two anyway
 
It could also influence the night pm action, so that could be a reason for the bolded part as well. Also clan affiliation does not necessarily mean wolf... although if you read the book some clans are more prone to evil kitties then others
Oh for sure. It isn't necessarily a double kill, and it isn't even necessarily coming from the wolves.

But if I were Sporty, and I had this many players in a game, and I was feeling like making sure this game didn't last for 6 weeks, I would probably make it a kill lol.
 
Good pickup. I meant to question her on the "see how you reacted" bit and forgot. @jenjen2020
To clarify, I was wanting to see if she reacted differently compared to last game. But, I saw her reaction (or lack thereof) as village, so I unlynched her. I dont have any strong leads on anyone
 
I've caught myself laughing a couple times when Gandalf bites the hubz 😳
laughing lucifer cat cinderella.gif


edit: i don't know why I'm siding with my evil cats today. they did terrible things overnight last night, including eating pizza and destroying my favorite houseplant.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s a little odd Jenjen posted 3 times so far, neither of which had any substantial content, and she lynched without a reason, then gave a brief explanation for it to “see how I reacted.” What do you guys think about this?

I'm more suspicious of her seemingly being helpful by trying to prove you were acting different and then backing off and claiming she has no strong leads on anyone
 
ok ok last reply before I leave. (I do this all the time and say I'm leaving then get distracted and don't actually leave lol)

Maybe I just got a different feel from her having her as a PM partner than you did, but you modded so you were there also. I guess we just had different interpretations. Again, I think I'm being a little hard on the noobs considering most of you probably still think I'm a noob myself. I agree that this is not late game and I have even said that its hard D1 to have thoughts. Although, I think this game is an exception because quite a few people have posted already and given me enough content to form reasoning off of their posts (which I really appreciate). Yes I was pushing her when you posted that but I have since backed off after reading more of her posts.

Other thoughts:
-Paws came out swinging but I don't get wolf vibes from it
-Feeling better about Kota
-Feeling ehh for eriyo but again, this is their second game and I'll give them a little time to warm ups before I really start pushing there
-Feeling okay about pippy and you for now
-Zero thoughts on BC except that I agreed with some of her posts, haven't decided how concerned I should be about lack of bigcats' activity do far, we're still early into D1
-While I am not against putting players on the board D1 with one vote, I feel that there has been sufficient discussion thus far to at least give some light reads. This goes for those who are still on their D1 joke vote as well. Because of this, I hope to hear more thoughts from Ziggy, Dina, wonder, SOV, eriyo, sunbodi, and coffee?
-as always I'd like to hear from those who haven't posted much yet or have yet to check in for now

other other thoughts:
@BigCats have your thoughts changed at all on kota since they have posted more?
Why are you feeling ok about me and pippy?
Agree on wanting to hear more from those who haven't really contributed or are still sitting on joke votes
How are you feeling about AM so far?
 
No.

boooooooooringggggg

extra boring

It's D1 -- why do you expect someone to provide the same level of reads at the beginning as they would in end game?

this is dumb.

lolololololol @ this coming from the Lord of the Tunnel

dammit

this...this sounds disgusting

My husband just got bitten by Mr. Chronic Rabies, who then came to seek shelter in my lap and glare at the cat-nap-ruiner, and I may or may not have laughed

---
Coffee flippy floppy quotes for anyone who is interested -- it's like she doesn't know why she's making the statements she's making and is retroactively looking for ways to justify them.
plz where is the flip flop
if anything it's consistent
I said I had the same idea about the no kill thing but since it is not confirmed, I don't consider it definite
you then said I assumed the same thing
I reiterated that it was a THEORY. I never said assumption.

If you're referring to the quote re. Barks, Kota misinterpreted what I meant by low content. I never said low count, content =/= count.
 
I have to hard disagree with everyone who has said Paws seems village due to her coming out of the gate swinging. Definitely remember her doing that as a wolf before and that was my immediate thought when I saw her interaction with BC.

I haven't played with Kota before and so I don't know what she did 'last game', but so far I've liked her posts.

I want to hear more from zigzagoon. My vote yesterday was mostly a joke, but now I'm also hmmmm'ing her change in play from what I remember of village Ziggy. Even if she's changing her play style I still hope to see some good analysis that I'm used to sometime today.
Agree with the paws thing

honestly Im struggling a little here because I’ve totted/read so many recent threads without playing. And like, I didn’t even try to form reads then and didn’t care who won so it’s been a bit difficult to do a 180 and read the thread for analysis instead of indifference if that makes sense
Hopefully when I get on my computer instead of mobile I’ll have something but honestly, it’s mostly just seemed a bit yacky to me. I have a few vil reads but not a whole lot of discernible sketch
I was thinking the same thing
 
What’s the purpose of giving the wolves an advantage for something like divulgence of info on thread if it’s clearly announced in the intro post? Like I don’t get it
If I've done it right in a day or two I'll be dead or have good reads
What does this mean? Am I misinterpreting? Wouldn’t you expect to be dead if you had good reads, not alive? Cuz you said dead or have good reads so I’m confused
 
What’s the purpose of giving the wolves an advantage for something like divulgence of info on thread if it’s clearly announced in the intro post? Like I don’t get it

What does this mean? Am I misinterpreting? Wouldn’t you expect to be dead if you had good reads, not alive? Cuz you said dead or have good reads so I’m confused
okay let's say there was a double kill that revolved around being in the same or different clans
it doesn't rely on anyone to say something on thread
they have to work for it
they each try to open up a PM with someone and then, based on game size, get like maybe 4 or 5 answers on who is in the same clan every night?
if anything I'd suspect that this indicates a 3rd party who would have such an ability because the other way sounds too easy
but it's only D1 and I don't really want to be thinking about that yet
 
What does this mean? Am I misinterpreting? Wouldn’t you expect to be dead if you had good reads, not alive? Cuz you said dead or have good reads so I’m confused
i feel like paws is saying either she’ll either get lynched for coming out hard or get info and have good reads.
 
okay let's say there was a double kill that revolved around being in the same or different clans
it doesn't rely on anyone to say something on thread
they have to work for it
they each try to open up a PM with someone and then, based on game size, get like maybe 4 or 5 answers on who is in the same clan every night?
if anything I'd suspect that this indicates a 3rd party who would have such an ability because the other way sounds too easy
but it's only D1 and I don't really want to be thinking about that yet
Re read the opening post
They said not advantageous to say the clan on thread
Pming and finding someone’s clan wouldn’t be a negative to you (basically asked the mods about this cuz I was worried)
I wonder if the pm thing could be a way to find a wolf, like if one or more aren’t in a clan or something so you can never pm them. Or to find a convert if the convert’s clan changes after conversion
That’s all speculation tho
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Re read the opening post
They said not advantageous to say the clan on thread
Pming and finding someone’s clan wouldn’t be a negative to you (basically asked the mods about this cuz I was worried)
I wonder if the pm thing could be a way to find a wolf, like if one or more aren’t in a clan or something so you can never pm them. Or to find a convert if the convert’s clan changes after conversion
That’s all speculation tho
interesting :thinking:
 
Why are you feeling ok about me and pippy?
Agree on wanting to hear more from those who haven't really contributed or are still sitting on joke votes
How are you feeling about AM so far?
Popping in...
You seen village so far and while we went back in forth for a bit there, Ive mostly been agreeing with what you’ve said so far
Pippy got a few village points for her comment
AM seems like usual AM. Tbh I’m just glad that 1. She’s not as weirdly combative D1 like last game 2. She’s speaking English
 
Shrugging your shoulders with an apology and blaming it on the person you’re “apologizing” to is not an apology.