WWarriors: Into the WWild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not vote for you because I wasnt done reading. Then I found a ziggy fight around page 6 or so. So congrats, you are back to neutral, and maybe even slightly village because of this self-defeating post.
Why do self-defeating posts make you read ziggy village?
 
Unlynch JJ

Lynch Ziggy.


Reasoning: Look to page 2. Piggy backed off of random lynching that was done before them. Although ziggy's seemed more deliberate. was nice to dina after dina lynched them. a village would be mad. a wolf would try and take attention off themselves. Notice how Pippy reacted to a random lynch versus how ziggy did on page 2.
dina and I are like WW bffs. it was a joke. we are friends. I dont feel the need to get my knickers in a bunch over a joke vote on d1
and I didnt piggy back off anything. no one else is voting paws to my knowledge
This doesn’t really make much sense... and it was her first vote I believe, so maybe it was a joke
I agree with ziggy and kota that ziggy's original post was just a joke. Sunbodi has been quiet this whole day and then suddenly comes in and finds a random reason to lynch someone. Idk... seems like he/she was trying to come up with a reason to lynch someone after only reading 2 pages, instead of reading all the pages and actually making an informed decision. Feels like the easy way out to me.

Sunbodi, you're definitely on my radar
 
Why do self-defeating posts make you read ziggy village?

Just goes along with her aggro village meta it seems to me. Wolfing makes her nervous and more hesitant to say the wrong thing and attract attention. In 90s we actually had to get her to stage an argument with someone to try to gain some sketch. There was that one game she was a pretty aggressive wolf, but Im pretty sure she was as alpha, so the fear of being discovered was much less and it was less impactful if she was caught.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Day 1: Into the Wild Tally

Pippy (2) - AM, Mel
Doggo ()
Barks (2) - doggo, Coffee?
Mel (3) - genny, Kota, alissa
alissa (3) - WZ, MrsDrDr, bigcats
bigcats (1) - Paws
Kota (1) - Barks,
ziggy (2) - SOV, Sunbodi
paws (1) - ziggy
WZ (1) - Wondering
turkey ()
JJB ()
Coffee? (1) - Pippy
jenjen (3) - 3m, Dina, Caiter

20/26

Missing: fair amount
Waffles: 10?

lynch closes at 9pm CDT (~4.5 hours)

1587224429798-png.302686
 
What feels a little off?
The aggressive/defensive flipflopping is more in line with alissa as a wolf- Mel has called her a "bold wolf" a few times (although tbf I think both of those were when Mel was a wolf trying to shade her) and that phrase has popped into my head a few times when she's been popping off. Also on a more subjective side, we usually get a good v/v rapport going early on and I'm not feeling it yet.
 
Just goes along with her aggro village meta it seems to me. Wolfing makes her nervous and more hesitant to say the wrong thing and attract attention. In 90s we actually had to get her to stage an argument with someone to try to gain some sketch. There was that one game she was a pretty aggressive wolf, but Im pretty sure she was as alpha, so the fear of being discovered was much less and it was less impactful if she was caught.
I'm not reading aggro and defeatism as the same thing. I understand the aggro argument, but was asking specifically about defeatism, because that is something I gave her incorrect village points for in 90s.
 
Day 1: Unofficial Into the Wild Tally

Pippy (2) - AM, Mel
Doggo () -
Barks (2) - doggo, Coffee?
Mel (3) - genny, alissa, kota
alissa (2) - dubz, MDD
Bc (1) - Paws
Kota (1) - Barks
ziggy (2) - SOV, Suni
paws (1) - ziggy
WZ (1) - Wondering
turkey () -
Coffee? (1) - Pippy
jj () -
jenjen (3) - 3m, Dina, Cait

18/26

Missing: a lot
Waffles: with butter

lynch closes at 9pm CDT (~5 hours)

View attachment 302686
Woah AM must be in a good mood
 
I agree with ziggy and kota that ziggy's original post was just a joke. Sunbodi has been quiet this whole day and then suddenly comes in and finds a random reason to lynch someone. Idk... seems like he/she was trying to come up with a reason to lynch someone after only reading 2 pages, instead of reading all the pages and actually making an informed decision. Feels like the easy way out to me.

Sunbodi, you're definitely on my radar
Based on my explanation, I'm going to lynch sunbodi until I have a reason not to. I'm going to make a nice fish curry now, but I'll definitely be back before the deadline
 
I'm not reading aggro and defeatism as the same thing. I understand the aggro argument, but was asking specifically about defeatism, because that is something I gave her incorrect village points for in 90s.

Well then maybe Im basing my argument more to the aggro side, but she does remind me of lawper with the defeatism attitude sometimes. Especially if she hasnt played in a while and someone comes out trying to push her, first the aggro side main course, followed by a delicious serving of mild defeatism that she is going to get offed so early in the game seems a natural/unmanufactured response to me.
 
Unlynch JJ

Lynch Ziggy.


Reasoning: Look to page 2. Piggy backed off of random lynching that was done before them. Although ziggy's seemed more deliberate. was nice to dina after dina lynched them. a village would be mad. a wolf would try and take attention off themselves. Notice how Pippy reacted to a random lynch versus how ziggy did on page 2.
1. thanks for unlynching your random lynch on me lol
2. Could you explain your rationale a little more? I feel like a wolf has more to lose than a village would in terms of the game... Based on the way the rest of this thread is going I'd imagine they'd get pulled apart p quick if they didn't defend themselves either way? Why get so mad about a random lynch? I don't know ziggy but based on the way people are talking about them I don't think they're new. I guess I don't get how this distinguishes between village and wolf.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^^ confirms it was a joke



What’s your reason for voting paws?
###lynch paws###
Bc I think you stole Alyssa’s cat and that **** is unnecessarily confusing
her posts past this have made me want to stick with it, for now
I'm sitting on you until I get through all the pages. I've played mafia enough times to know how a wolf acts when they're on the hot seat.
you aren't playing mafia, this is werewolf.
also, isn't this like your 3rd game on this site?

reminds me, who in this game has never played before and who is a noob? trying to figure out who is a noob and who is a noblet for reading purposes
 
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.

Reads:

Wolf:
Ziggy
Caiter- not posting any good content. On post 346 said paws pip, and mel seem inno- which I agree with but also added ziggy who I think is a wolf. (keep in mind wolves know who is wolf and who is village). Also because Super defensive but not in an angry way that is typical of village.

IDK:
JJ- talks way too much but without actual content. Fluff.
Jenjen- way too quiet but I'm sus of anyone that wants to lynch them for bad reasons.
barklet- Acting as wolfy as they did in soccer game when they were wolves. Being way to jokey, not adding content. Will not lynch because I feel bad that they're always lynched early on.
cubsrule4e- cubs is acting like village cubs. Want to put them in village but will keep them in idk part for now.
Ms P- where is she?
coffee- Liked how they lynched bark who is reading sus to me right now. But haven't went into detail about them enough to put them in village pile.

Village:
Kota- I don't like most of their reads but I think this is a noob village move.
Wildzoo-Lynched alissa without an immediate explanation due to their gut feeling. This drew attention to them. Not a wolf move.
 
I didn't play Soccer, so I am happy I can now comment on this comment:
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.
If your reads are wrong, this is a really, really great way to end up dead.

If I was wolfing, I would read that and be like "okie dokie, if you say so! N1: kill caiter. mwuhahahaha"

...That said, I don't completely disagree with your reads right now haha.
 
I also didn't/don't understand your AM sounds like AM rationale--it just sounded weird and kind of made up.

your posts kinda feel like KreWWe to me, when you had us good and misled!.
So what happened was dubz asked me for my opinion on AM. Basically what I said is she isn’t as weird as the last game. At the time, she hadn’t started interrogating, now it seems like she has so that’s always good.
 
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.

Reads:

Wolf:
Ziggy
Caiter- not posting any good content. On post 346 said paws pip, and mel seem inno- which I agree with but also added ziggy who I think is a wolf. (keep in mind wolves know who is wolf and who is village). Also because Super defensive but not in an angry way that is typical of village.

IDK:
JJ- talks way too much but without actual content. Fluff.
Jenjen- way too quiet but I'm sus of anyone that wants to lynch them for bad reasons.
barklet- Acting as wolfy as they did in soccer game when they were wolves. Being way to jokey, not adding content. Will not lynch because I feel bad that they're always lynched early on.
cubsrule4e- cubs is acting like village cubs. Want to put them in village but will keep them in idk part for now.
Ms P- where is she?
coffee- Liked how they lynched bark who is reading sus to me right now. But haven't went into detail about them enough to put them in village pile.

Village:
Kota- I don't like most of their reads but I think this is a noob village move.
Wildzoo-Lynched alissa without an immediate explanation due to their gut feeling. This drew attention to them. Not a wolf move.
Ha when was I defensive?
If this is about AM I mess with her whenever I play :laugh:

I stand by Ziggy seeming herself. She’s being defensive and snappy at times, that’s on par for Ziggy about always. Just because someone has a different read than you doesn’t make them a wolf 😛

and ouch lol I didn’t realize I was being useless :laugh:
 
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.

Reads:

Wolf:
Ziggy
Caiter- not posting any good content. On post 346 said paws pip, and mel seem inno- which I agree with but also added ziggy who I think is a wolf. (keep in mind wolves know who is wolf and who is village). Also because Super defensive but not in an angry way that is typical of village.

IDK:
JJ- talks way too much but without actual content. Fluff.
Jenjen- way too quiet but I'm sus of anyone that wants to lynch them for bad reasons.
barklet- Acting as wolfy as they did in soccer game when they were wolves. Being way to jokey, not adding content. Will not lynch because I feel bad that they're always lynched early on.
cubsrule4e- cubs is acting like village cubs. Want to put them in village but will keep them in idk part for now.
Ms P- where is she?
coffee- Liked how they lynched bark who is reading sus to me right now. But haven't went into detail about them enough to put them in village pile.

Village:
Kota- I don't like most of their reads but I think this is a noob village move.
Wildzoo-Lynched alissa without an immediate explanation due to their gut feeling. This drew attention to them. Not a wolf move.

What’s wrong with my reads? Do you have different opinions about who I think is wolfy?
 
I guess I would expect a wolf to be overly defensive rather than under-defensive but idk
Yes. However...keep in mind that there are a lot of experienced players in this game and they all know that's how wolves often behave. Many of the people currently playing are very good at controlling their reactions when wolfing and altering their tone to buck expectations.
 
I didn't play Soccer, so I am happy I can now comment on this comment:

If your reads are wrong, this is a really, really great way to end up dead.

If I was wolfing, I would read that and be like "okie dokie, if you say so! N1: kill caiter. mwuhahahaha"

...That said, I don't completely disagree with your reads right now haha.
You would kill me night one :laugh:
 
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.

Reads:

Wolf:
Ziggy
Caiter- not posting any good content. On post 346 said paws pip, and mel seem inno- which I agree with but also added ziggy who I think is a wolf. (keep in mind wolves know who is wolf and who is village). Also because Super defensive but not in an angry way that is typical of village.

IDK:
JJ- talks way too much but without actual content. Fluff.
Jenjen- way too quiet but I'm sus of anyone that wants to lynch them for bad reasons.
barklet- Acting as wolfy as they did in soccer game when they were wolves. Being way to jokey, not adding content. Will not lynch because I feel bad that they're always lynched early on.
cubsrule4e- cubs is acting like village cubs. Want to put them in village but will keep them in idk part for now.
Ms P- where is she?
coffee- Liked how they lynched bark who is reading sus to me right now. But haven't went into detail about them enough to put them in village pile.

Village:
Kota- I don't like most of their reads but I think this is a noob village move.
Wildzoo-Lynched alissa without an immediate explanation due to their gut feeling. This drew attention to them. Not a wolf move.
Why did MsP make it onto your list over the other zeroposters?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm so you also remember him doing something similar?

Are you talking about him bussing all his fellow wolves or particularly when he bussed ziggy and voted for her for the same reasons he is now?

Have there been games where you were village and you lynched wolf!ziggy?

There was one game she was wolf and I was village that I remember and I think it was her first time wolfing a full game so no I don't think I ever pushed her lynch but she didn't really have a wolf meta up until then that I had seen

I would like to think I have a decent read of her at this point

Just goes along with her aggro village meta it seems to me. Wolfing makes her nervous and more hesitant to say the wrong thing and attract attention. In 90s we actually had to get her to stage an argument with someone to try to gain some sketch. There was that one game she was a pretty aggressive wolf, but Im pretty sure she was as alpha, so the fear of being discovered was much less and it was less impactful if she was caught.

I was going to say she definitely was self-defeated during the 90s game which is why some people were giving her village points but that it was later in the game when her neck was on line, but then you said this

Well then maybe Im basing my argument more to the aggro side, but she does remind me of lawper with the defeatism attitude sometimes. Especially if she hasnt played in a while and someone comes out trying to push her, first the aggro side main course, followed by a delicious serving of mild defeatism that she is going to get offed so early in the game seems a natural/unmanufactured response to me.

And I agree
 
Also MrsDrDr
In KreWWe I was village so I’m not sure what you’re referencing
Alissa's tone is off. Not sure why. She is spending so much time (paragraphs' worth) defending when there shouldnt be a reason for that. have seen her name and a few lynch votes for her but odd to try to defend to that degree. Then theres the whole "I wont be back til x time" but she was only gone for a short period before she was back posting again. Wolfy need to participate or villager paranoia about getting lynched? The game I caught her D1 she was forcibly withholding herself from posting so maybe more villager paranoia.
Yeah I’m being bad and avoiding biochem. It’s that point of the semester where I feel burnt out and just want to give up, so I’m easily distracted by my phone and the thread 🙁

definitely paranoia - I feel like since there’s been some heat on me and i dont want to come back lynched

as for paragraphs - I think I was being sensitive when my reads were called weak
lynch alissa

Something feels a little off and I’m not going to let sad reacts sway me
But this makes me sad! This goes for cubs too! I’ll never understand how my tone changes to be honest. I never do it intentionally lol. I don’t even know how to control my tone
people: Alissa’s tone sounds different/weird/off (insert other adjective here)
Me: idk whyyyy I just type as if I were talking to someone.
 
@Sunbodi what are your reads on alissa and paws?
Paws reads idk/village lean because they're being helpful. although many of the people here who have played with paws before say this is how they are even as a wolf. So I'll put them in the idk pile. If I had no context about their play style I would put them in village pile.

Alissa is sus to me but that's how Alissa always is. I'm leaning village because this is how she is as a villager but I've never seen any of her wolf games so I'll put her in idk.
 
Pippy just knows I will die inside too if I die this early in a cat game
It's kind of ironic because the cats wouldn't give it a second thought

But I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind people that I DIED EARLY IN THE LAST CATS GAME despite the fact that I will probably end up being a cat vet. I hope everyone's healthcare-level empathy has now been triggered.
 
It's kind of ironic, because the cats wouldn't give it a second thought

But I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind people that I DIED EARLY IN THE LAST CATS GAME despite the fact that I will probably end up being a cat vet. I hope everyone's healthcare-level empathy has now been triggered.
I had to turn down a cat clinic cause I found out they would have had me working totally alone most of the time right away and I was so sad *sniff*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hows your read on cubs...
I think he also sounds fine, but don't quote me on that. lol

Real talk: I actually have a decent track record of reading SOV, particularly at the beginning of a game. I could be wrong this time too, but his posts this time had a very different tone than his first couple posts in 90s, imo.

I do not have a good track record of accurately reading Cubs.
 
@Animal Midwife I'm curious because the initial reason seems revenge-driven, and remaining that way seems suspect.

(Keeping in mind, of course, that you yourself made the observation last game that games where you die D1 are more likely to be village losses.

Can't really blame me for optimizing my team's chance of a win 🙂 )
Has AM responded to this? Yes AM is doing her village meta line of questioning but I’m also not a fan of her
The aggressive/defensive flipflopping is more in line with alissa as a wolf- Mel has called her a "bold wolf" a few times (although tbf I think both of those were when Mel was a wolf trying to shade her) and that phrase has popped into my head a few times when she's been popping off. Also on a more subjective side, we usually get a good v/v rapport going early on and I'm not feeling it yet.
I’m sorry am I not like reacting to you enough? 😛 Plus you were absent earlier when I was more available. I meant to lynch you D1 like we agreed but doggo provided such a good joke Vite reason I couldn’t resist and I thought it would look stupid to switch from one joke Vite to another joke vote
Okay I got caught up. I'm sitting on ziggy vote. In my mind they're wolf. My number 2 read for wolf is caiter. If I die tonight, push them.

Reads:

Wolf:
Ziggy
not sure why everyone is voting ziggy. I don’t see what everyone else is seeing. Not sure where sketch feels for Cait are coming from either..
edit: oops my lynch tally wasn’t up to date and ziggy wasn’t leading but still not sure where the sus feels are coming from