WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So maybe I am overinterpreting, but I think this response was pretty damning against MJ. Not refuting that you are a wolf in that is hella sketch (I can see him getting confused that I am still alive and responding as if I was dead). Also, he responded within a minute to this. This is from pms just a few minutes ago.

I am kind of really disappointed in your play as a wolf. It can't be fun to play like this as a wolf. Yeah, you might suRvive longer, but is it really worth it to just ghost the whole game?
I'm not playing like anything, I've just been busy. Had my shelf this morning, then I spent most of today suit shopping so I can get something custom tailored for interview season.
OB/Gyn is kind of a notoriously bad rotation, but it's over as of literally today, so I can actually get some play in. Figured with the long cycles low activity for a week or so wouldn't be a big deal- I've only even attempted playing WW once since Surgery, and that blew up in my face because I was busy. Figured this would be my only chance for the next few months and took it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So maybe I am overinterpreting, but I think this response was pretty damning against MJ. Not refuting that you are a wolf in that is hella sketch (I can see him getting confused that I am still alive and responding as if I was dead). Also, he responded within a minute to this. This is from pms just a few minutes ago.
Yeah, I responded because I got done for the day at 7:15, something that Great Butts can verify from this conversation:
Lynch is due in an hour 😀
Thanks for the reminder! Trying to buy a new suit, with interview season coming up I need something custom. Thinking about going to Garrison Bespoke in Toronto- they designed Hannibal's wardrobe, which was fantastic.
 
My ability lets me communicate with one villager of my choice each cycle. That's how I've figured out that LotF is likely a villager, as is PBC. Great Butts didn't offer me anything to vouch one way or the other, the other two seemed solid.

unlynch cdoc

lynch MJ
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UnOfficial Lynch Serher Lynch tally
Ser (12)
– MJ, DVMD, LotF, Jil, Hmoo, AM, Ny, WZ, STL, Butts, cdo, SP
cdo () -
MJ (2) - 3m, serher
14/15 votes
 
I thought it was pretty self-evident that I was explaining why I'm busy and that I'm a villager, but evidently STL's savant powers are turned up so high he can't pick up on normal implications anymore.

I just don't think anyone understand "busy" until they are in clinics or a practicing doctor. Yes, I can be here at the one second you send me something and then gone for hours.
 
I just don't think anyone understand "busy" until they are in clinics or a practicing doctor. Yes, I can be here at the one second you send me something and then gone for hours.
I was on OB/Gyn until today. It was a 90 hour a week rotation with 33 hour call shifts once a week, and I couldn't exactly whip out my phone when I was pulling placentas out of women or bulb sucking meconium out of their newborns. I mean, I could I guess, but it would be really bad form.

On the other hand, I'm pretty confident I could maybe deliver a baby at this point. If it wasn't complicated.
 
I'm game to come back to MJ tomorrow. But if this serher lynch does not go through.... I will personally hunt down those responsible and I dunno.... give them creepy vibes
Hell, just seer me tonight if you want proof, my god.

Me being a wolf wouldn't make sense- the first person I started a convo with was LIS on night 1, who could passively seer people that interacted with him. 1- he didn't say a damn thing about me being a wolf or wolfy in the thread the next day, 2- he trusted me, and 3- why would I kill a person that trusted me and whose seering ability could easily be avoided if I were a wolf? It would just be stupid.
 
Hell, just seer me tonight if you want proof, my god.

Me being a wolf wouldn't make sense- the first person I started a convo with was LIS on night 1, who could passively seer people that interacted with him. 1- he didn't say a damn thing about me being a wolf or wolfy in the thread the next day, 2- he trusted me, and 3- why would I kill a person that trusted me and whose seering ability could easily be avoided if I were a wolf? It would just be stupid.
If you are as busy as you are claiming, you wouldn't have been the one making those decisions, eh? You can't have it both ways
 
So yesterday I said if rabies wasn't a wolf, brucellosis was my next guess, but I know how trilt feels about communication roles, and I'm having a hard time believing she'd make that ability a wolf. If anyone has time, maybe check her other games and see if a communication role has ever been given to a wolf before?

@serher - I know it may not make much difference, but if you are around, could you post your role pm? There is something I'm curious to see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RNG'ing a villager takes literally three seconds.
Yes, it does, but convincing fellow wolves to go with what you want to do and not what they want to do takes time. Especially when you are barely playing, why would they follow what you want to do? Unless of course you are here more frequently in the background then it would appear(which I am not convinced is the case). The point is,you can't claim to be so unbelievably busy and then say that you would be the one dictating what wolves are doing. It's just not congruent.
 
Yes, it does, but convincing fellow wolves to go with what you want to do and not what they want to do takes time. Especially when you are barely playing, why would they follow what you want to do? Unless of course you are here more frequently in the background then it would appear(which I am not convinced is the case). The point is,you can't claim to be so unbelievably busy and then say that you would be the one dictating what wolves are doing. It's just not congruent.
Uh, it would have been as simple as literally typing what I just told you. LIS died so early in the game he had nothing, and he had a non-threatening ability, killing him would have been pants-on-head ******ed.
 
Uh, it would have been as simple as literally typing what I just told you. LIS died so early in the game he had nothing, and he had a non-threatening ability, killing him would have been pants-on-head ******ed.
You start off with saying that his ability can discern wolves from villagers and now claim that it's a non-threatening ability? Once again, you can't have LIS clear you and his ability be benign. Choose one.
 
You start off with saying that his ability can discern wolves from villagers and now claim that it's a non-threatening ability? Once again, you can't have LIS clear you and his ability be benign. Choose one.
It's non-threatening because it's a passive, he could only automatically seer people that interacted with him, like I said before. It's as simple as "don't use abilities on LIS and he can't seer you." That's literally the easiest ability to avoid ever if you know someone has it.
 
It's non-threatening because it's a passive, he could only automatically seer people that interacted with him, like I said before. It's as simple as "don't use abilities on LIS and he can't seer you." That's literally the easiest ability to avoid ever if you know someone has it.

This probably doesn't matter, but how would anyone know he had that ability prior to interacting with him? Particularly N1?
 
@Jilary here it is

Serher - You're a decrepit and crotchedy 17yo old DSH with hyperthyroidism, and you enjoy being cantankerous as all get up. Your vision is sharp as a tack, though, and you will be notified when (or if) there is a sudden change in somebody's affiliation.

Additionally, as a cat, you may choose to wander the hospital and change groups every evening if you wish.
 
So yesterday I said if rabies wasn't a wolf, brucellosis was my next guess, but I know how trilt feels about communication roles, and I'm having a hard time believing she'd make that ability a wolf. If anyone has time, maybe check her other games and see if a communication role has ever been given to a wolf before?

@serher - I know it may not make much difference, but if you are around, could you post your role pm? There is something I'm curious to see.

I think parvo is the wolf, but I really need to see how serher flips to get some info on all those waffling off her lynch.
 
This probably doesn't matter, but how would anyone know he had that ability prior to interacting with him? Particularly N1?
That's what I'm saying, there's NO WAY I could have known that without him telling me. And if I were a wolf, he'd have just told everyone D2, and I certainly wouldn't have let him die N2 when he was the only person that could vouch for me being clear. It's like an onion of stupid.
 
That's what I'm saying, there's NO WAY I could have known that without him telling me. And if I were a wolf, he'd have just told everyone D2, and I certainly wouldn't have let him die N2 when he was the only person that could vouch for me being clear. It's like an onion of stupid.
MJ - you are overstating his role. It said that he would get SOME information on the person, not all. We have no clue what info he got on you. You are overstating your position.

As an aside, serher needs to be lynched. MJ needs to go down tomorrow. So I appreciate the idea of moving off the lynch and putting pressure, but I feel I have gotten the information I want on MJ. Heck, if we all move back to serher, maybe @Trilt will let us end early and we can turn around another cycle this weekend (when people can be more active). Even if serher is a villager, it is the correct lynch for information purposes.
 
I think parvo is the wolf, but I really need to see how serher flips to get some info on all those waffling off her lynch.

Right, because I'm going to tell people that PARVO is my role in an attempt to not look sketchy. 🙄

And I'll thank you for not mischaracterizing my continued non-vote for serher as a waffle. You can decide that me not voting for her looks sketchy all you want, but let's at least call a spade a spade.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right, because I'm going to tell people that PARVO is my role in an attempt to not look sketchy. 🙄

And I'll thank you for not mischaracterizing my continued non-vote for serher as a waffle. You can decide that me not voting for her looks sketchy all you want, but let's at least call a spade a spade.

The point I was making is that I can't determine if those are sketchy or not until we see how serhet flips.

And everyone revealed their role, so what is your point there?
 
Right, because I'm going to tell people that PARVO is my role in an attempt to not look sketchy. 🙄

And I'll thank you for not mischaracterizing my continued non-vote for serher as a waffle. You can decide that me not voting for her looks sketchy all you want, but let's at least call a spade a spade.

And I said "all of those waffling"... I wasn't naming you specifically in that. I was encompassing all of those currently jumping to MJ
 
MJ - you are overstating his role. It said that he would get SOME information on the person, not all. We have no clue what info he got on you. You are overstating your position.

As an aside, serher needs to be lynched. MJ needs to go down tomorrow. So I appreciate the idea of moving off the lynch and putting pressure, but I feel I have gotten the information I want on MJ. Heck, if we all move back to serher, maybe @Trilt will let us end early and we can turn around another cycle this weekend (when people can be more active). Even if serher is a villager, it is the correct lynch for information purposes.

Some people don't have the weekend off.... :yeahright:

And I'm going to wait on serher results and what happens the night after before we jump to "MJ needs to be lynched next". You very well may be right, but you jumping into the "we need to do this, then this" screams how you play as wolf so I'll be keeping a close watch there.
 
The point I was making is that I can't determine if those are sketchy or not until we see how serhet flips.

And everyone revealed their role, so what is your point there?

Just that I'm clearly not as fixated on it as you are, because I got a sketchy af disease and was ok with voluntarily hinting at it prior to when people decided to reveal, similar to how you mentioned bravecto early on. I'm with WZ on this one -- the more we go down a rabbit hole of pinning people into wolf vs. village based on disease, the less I like it. I honestly wish I hadn't even suggested there might be categories in the first place.