WWings of WWonder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PMujiXj.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 10

1566504516040.png

She had lurked among them for DAYS without anyone the wiser. Their ignorance fed her. She grew and grew until it became undeniable -- she WASN'T one of them after all! Thankfully the alarm was raised in time, before she fully fledged and took off to spread her genes in other unsuspecting nests.

@ziggyandjazzy, tired of watching Lupin's shenanigans, was the first to attack her. The others piled on quickly. @Barkley13 stunned her with concentrated wing-flapping. @finnickthedog shoved Lupin from the nest and @mizchiefmanaged, apparently starving, came in for the kill, swooping away with Lupin between her talons.

The four of them rejoiced! They had finally rid their home of all evil. After so many of their friends being massacred, What a win for Village this was!!

Dead is @Lupin21 - Brown Headed Cowbird, Wolf

1566504939075.png

When @mizchiefmanaged returned, licking intestine remnants from her beak, they began celebrating.... but quickly realized that the silence in the forest around them suggested that they hadn't won just yet.

It is now Night 10

The Roster:

No Egrets:
13. @mizchiefmanaged
14. @Barkley13
3. @ziggyandjazzy

Hawkward:

Owl By Myself:
11. @finnickthedog

Unpheasant:

Tweethearts:

Flying High:
25. @SkiOtter - Double Crested Corm, destined to die
1. @Ms Procrastinator - Western Scrub Jay, Tinkerer
23. @sheltermed - Belted Kingfisher, Nexus Redirector
12. @Lawper - Brown Pelican, Neighbor
9. @Miranda Senft - mourning dove, 1x Lynch cancel
4. @Navilly - Becky (common loon), vanillager
17. @nyanko - Western Gull, blocker
6. @Mad Jack - Thistle the American kestrel, 1x Lynch avoidance, 1x night kill avoidance
5. @Skimble / @bjeh - greater prairie chicken, neighbor
24. @StayingPositive2017 - Odin the Red-Tailed Hawk, vig
20. @genny - Black-Crowned Night Heron the rezzer
16. @Animal Midwife - Mute Swan the strongarm
18. @dolphin106258 - Eared Grebe the mason
19. @allieh8607 - pet Senegal parrot, CHAOS post restrictor/barbie girl
7. @WildZoo - Derby the Eastern Screech Owl, flavor cop
15. @cubsrule4e - River the Bald Eagle, protector
22. @AccidentFromFlorida - European Starling, Modified Ninja
8. @SARdoghandler - Western Grebe, mason
21. @mypetmoose - House Sparrow, vanilla wolf
2. @muttmanager - Vara the Barred Owl, watcher
10. @Lupin21 - Brown-Headed Cowbird, Wolf

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Day 10

View attachment 277439

She had lurked among them for DAYS without anyone the wiser. Their ignorance fed her. She grew and grew until it became undeniable -- she WASN'T one of them after all! Thankfully the alarm was raised in time, before she fully fledged and took off to spread her genes in other unsuspecting nests.

@ziggyandjazzy, tired of watching Lupin's shenanigans, was the first to attack her. The others piled on quickly. @Barkley13 stunned her with concentrated wing-flapping. @finnickthedog shoved Lupin from the nest and @mizchiefmanaged, apparently starving, came in for the kill, swooping away with Lupin between her talons.

The four of them rejoiced! They had finally rid their home of all evil. After so many of their friends being massacred, What a win for Village this was!!

Dead is @Lupin21 - Brown Headed Cowbird, Wolf

View attachment 277440

When @mizchiefmanaged returned, licking intestine remnants from her beak, they began celebrating.... but quickly realized that the silence in the forest around them suggested that they hadn't won just yet.

It is now Night 10

was lupin vanilla?

Members don't see this ad :)
If this isn't, in fact, a joke, I will be forced to make more tallies and evaluate more and I just don't wannnnaaaa :(

@SportPonies @grebes4lyfe or @kaydubs was lupin vanilla wolf? when does night close?

So I am a bit fuzzy now on me "non native birds are wolves or chaos" theory because brown headed cow birds are native, right?
Finn is a peacock apparently... which is not native. barks claims to be a native hummingbird

OFFICIAL Day 1 Lynch Tally
mpm () -
Nav (2) - AM, AFF
MsP (3) - Skim, Lupin, Lawpy
mutts
(1) - finn
genny (1) - MsP
allie () -
cubs () -
Lawpy (5) - MJ, SAR, MOOSE, Ski, miz
miz
(3) - cubs, mpm, dolphin
Barks (3) - genny, allie, ziggy
WZ (1) - mutts
ziggy (2) - nyan, Barks
MOOSE (3) - dubz, Nav, Frosty

24/25
Missing: shelter

Final Ruby Rules Day 2 Lynch Tally
Nav (3) - AM, genny, Paws
WZ
(1) - mutts
Lawpy
(1) - MJ
Paws
(1) - allie
MOOSE (3) - ziggy, shelter, Nav
ziggy (1) - MOOSE
MsP (7) - dolphin, Lupin, dubz, Barks, Lawpy, cubs, Jimble
shelter (5) - SAR, finn, mpm, Afflac, MsP
allie () -
mutts () -

22/23

Missing: ny

Final Day 3 lynch tally
Nav (7) - AM, nyan, cubs, genny, shelter, moose, paws
MJ
(1) - dolph
Dubz () -
AM () -
Dolph (1) - Nav
Shelter (10) - Finn, SAR, mpm, Barks, ziggy, lupin, miz, lawp, allie, AFF, Skim
MOOSE () -
Lupin () -
ziggy (2) - mutts, MJ
Barks (1) - DubZ

counting/23

FINAL Lynch tally Day 3 (that’s gone on so long that it could be day 4)

Nav (5)
- AM, nyanko, genny, DubZ, SAR
Finn ()
DubZ ()
MJ (4) - ziggy, Nav, Paws, AAF
barks (1) - allieh
cubs (3) - miz, cubs, mpm
Dolphin (1) - Lupes
mutts(1) - Barks
ziggy (1) - mutts

16/21

day 5 squawk tally:
Barks (1) - dolph
Mutts ()
skim/bjeh (5) - Barks, Lupin, cubs, allieh, AFF
Lupin ()
ziggy (1) - finn
dolphin (3) - miz, AM, ziggy
cubs () -
allie (4) - mpm, mutts, SAR, DubZ
AFFLAC (2) - genny, Paws
SAR () -
AM (1) - skim/bj

17/17

Whoops Literally all the mods thought it was a tie Final Day 6 Tally
Aflac ()
Ziggy ()
Finn (1) - Dolph
allie (6) - DubZ, barks, SAR, cubs, AM, Lupin
Dolph ()
AM (7) - mutts, miz, ziggy, mpm, finn, Aflac, allie
Mutts () -

14/14

d7? not worth doing lol we all voted for allie

day 8 Final tally:
Aflac (5)
- mutts, barks, SAR, miz, ziggy
lupin (4) - finn, aflac, Lupin, mpm?
cubs (0) -

9/9

I tried the best I could, sorry if it's not thorough

~~like it!!~~

I guess why I am confused is everyone has an ability claim but the extra kill wolfer and wolf blocker haven't yet flipped

Modgods have abandoned us

it was my last day of orientation and I am drunk

I apologise for nothing

And I’m still a baby mod so idk the answers to your questions (or... I mean... I do.... but I don’t know if I can tell you :O )

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Night 10

A high-energy jewel of the sky, @Barkley13 had spent so many countless hours flitting back and forth, situating herself between friends and enemies to find the truth of the murders. Sadly for her, the fall of night 10 meant all pleasantries were long gone. The smallest birb of them all was slaughtered in the night.

1566533641394.png

Dead is @Barkley13 - Ruby-Throated Hummingbird, Roster Mover

Unfortunately for all of the others, someone more sinister also showed up in the night. @Lupin21 returned. It seems that killing off one brown-headed cowbird didn't solve the extensive invasion and parasitism issue that plagued North America: another bird had hatched in another nest and replaced her almost instantaneously.

1566533899142.png

Returned is @Lupin21 - Brown Headed Cowbird, 1x auto rez

It didn't take long for Lupin and her long-term comrade @finnickthedog (Blue Peacock- EOD Blocker/Protector) to make short work of the remaining native birds. They chased @mizchiefmanaged (Ruby the Red-tailed Hawk- rezzed with 1x tinkerer ability) off once again, and come dawn when @ziggyandjazzy (American Robin - Modified Commutor) landed softly back on the earth, Finn dazzled her with a fabulous display that was just enough distraction for Lupin to parasitize ziggy's nest and ensure her demise.

Against all odds....

Wolves Win!

1566534544738.png

The Roster:

No Egrets:
10. @Lupin21 - Brown-Headed Cowbird, 1x auto rez
13. @mizchiefmanaged - Ruby the Red Tailed Hawk, rezzed with 1x Tinkerer
3. @ziggyandjazzy - American Robin, Commutor

Hawkward:
empty!

Owl By Myself:
11. @finnickthedog - Blue Peacock, Blocker/Protector

Unpheasant:
empty!

Tweethearts:
empty!

Flying High:
25. @SkiOtter - Double Crested Corm, destined to die
1. @Ms Procrastinator - Western Scrub Jay, Tinkerer
23. @sheltermed - Belted Kingfisher, Nexus Redirector
12. @Lawper - Brown Pelican, Neighbor
9. @Miranda Senft - mourning dove, 1x Lynch cancel
4. @Navilly - Becky (common loon), vanillager
17. @nyanko - Western Gull, blocker
6. @Mad Jack - Thistle the American kestrel, 1x Lynch avoidance, 1x night kill avoidance
5. @Skimble / @bjeh - greater prairie chicken, neighbor
24. @StayingPositive2017 - Odin the Red-Tailed Hawk, vig
20. @genny - Black-Crowned Night Heron the rezzer
16. @Animal Midwife - Mute Swan the strongarm
18. @dolphin106258 - Eared Grebe the mason
19. @allieh8607 - pet Senegal parrot, CHAOS post restrictor/barbie girl
7. @WildZoo - Derby the Eastern Screech Owl, flavor cop
15. @cubsrule4e - River the Bald Eagle, protector
22. @AccidentFromFlorida - European Starling, Modified Ninja
8. @SARdoghandler - Western Grebe, mason
21. @mypetmoose - House Sparrow, vanilla wolf
2. @muttmanager - Vara the Barred Owl, watcher
14. @Barkley13 - Ruby-Throated Hummingbird, roster mover

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Wolves played one HECKUVA game. This game was not written to be an easy win for wolves and I frankly expected them to be bulldozed, so props to them. Village also did a great job of forming a village bloc towards the end, but wolves had one too many traps left for it to be fruitful for them.

I hope everyone enjoyed the game. Thanks for being patient with the last write-up, I was eating way too much pizza and cookie cake with @batsenecal. Ask away with questions! I will answer them as I'm available; I've got to get up bright and early tomorrow to go to an event with the real-life Odin and Thistle. :)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Well that's lame. Looks like we lost days ago probably unless we would've gone for finn which wouldn't have happened with the numbers?? Ehh I'm happy with how people played in the end but village play was very frustrating in middle game. I even knew it was finn and what her ability was at the end lol

Thanks for the game!
Can I be added to dead chat?

I'm sure the mods were happy making me go to end game -_-

Well that's lame. Looks like we lost days ago probably unless we would've gone for finn which wouldn't have happened with the numbers?? Ehh I'm happy with how people played in the end but village play was very frustrating in middle game. I even knew it was finn and what her ability was at the end lol

Thanks for the game!
Can I be added to dead chat?
@Lupin21 can add anyone remaining

So who had the extra kills then? Is there a spread sheet?

Very pleased (and exhausted) to mark the first wolf win for Sporty games.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
So who had the extra kills then? Is there a spread sheet?
2 extra kills were dropped on N3 and the third extra kill was dropped N6. They could be assigned to any wolf.
So wolves went into the first few days of the game thinking they had to crank through the entire roster with no extra kills and no conversion, which I'm sure was a very.... horrifying... thought.

I'm sure the mods were happy making me go to end game -_-

Well, I kept trying to get you killed sooner but after AM and allie flipped that was dead in the water :p

I did legitimately think you were third party until allie revealed. But in part that was because I got nights mixed up. We had figured out that you could evade strongman kills if you were a commuter but I had mixed up which night you got the post restriction and thought it was also N2 so that got confusing. I looked at again after the allie reveal and realized my mistake.

Why were you so cagey about how you'd evaded the kills though? Didn't understand that.

Reactions: 2 users
Well, I kept trying to get you killed sooner but after AM and allie flipped that was dead in the water :p

I did legitimately think you were third party until allie revealed. But in part that was because I got nights mixed up. We had figured out that you could evade strongman kills if you were a commuter but I had mixed up which night you got the post restriction and thought it was also N2 so that got confusing. I looked at again after the allie reveal and realized my mistake.

Why were you so cagey about how you'd evaded the kills though? Didn't understand that.
On this note, I also wanted to reveal that ziggy COULD be killed if blocked and then killed, just like @AccidentFromFlorida had later hypothesized in wolf chat. I was really impressed you guys did your research and saw that typically the role is completely un-night-actionable, but I had issues having a TRUE commutor in the game with an extremely ability-heavy, strong village. I was anticipating the commutor would probably be lynched or vig'd at some point in the game, so both the fact she got practically hard cleared from OG wolf status and that you guys took her to endgame were impressive.

I wasn't even fully told what my role was :shrug: I didn't even know I could avoid getting killed at night because the mods wouldn't tell me. But that's funny if you wasted two kills on me. And yeah miz and I were talking about the fact that since blocking worked on me they could prob kill me that way but that they wouldn't because there were more people to kill over me.

Thanks for being PM buddies @Navilly @mizchiefmanaged and @muttmanager (and sometimes @Barkley13) :biglove:

I wasn't even fully told what my role was :shrug: I didn't even know I could avoid getting killed at night because the mods wouldn't tell me. But that's funny if you wasted two kills on me. And yeah miz and I were talking about the fact that since blocking worked on me they could prob kill me that way but that they wouldn't because there were more people to kill over me.

Thanks for being PM buddies @Navilly @mizchiefmanaged and @muttmanager (and sometimes @Barkley13) :biglove:

Yup, we tried to kill you N2 with Aff because we used him for most of the kills due to his role. When it didn't work, we thought the strongarm might do it but then that didn't work either so we gave up. :laugh:

Good job wolves!

I feel like I was starting to figure it out near the end and likely would have gotten there in the end... But entirely too little too late!

When Lupin told me her (totally true) ability I was literally like "welp hope she's village or else we're royally ****ed"

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

This was prob the first game I enjoyed PM’ing as village. We just gotta find that trust sweet spot so it happens a lil earlier lol

Reactions: 1 users
Good job wolves!

I feel like I was starting to figure it out near the end and likely would have gotten there in the end... But entirely too little too late!

When Lupin told me her (totally true) ability I was literally like "welp hope she's village or else we're royally ****ed"
Lol same
I did say it needed to be tested sooner rather than later though!

Lol so I obviously never copied a wolf to be able to do that extra kill. I was able to copy though- to whomever said the barbie girl ability was only reversal... But I totally just guessed a person when I posted right before deadline and I love that I guessed Finn correctly. Too bad no one listened!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for a fun game everyone! I appreciate all the hard work that went into this and hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!

Afflac played a great first game so I'm super proud of him and hope he had a blast.

I'm also excited that my second wolfing experience was more successful than my first hahaha

Village played really well too, and we were definitely holding our breath at certain points in the game

Shout out to Ziggy for that last minute switch haha, great play! It also took us a loooong time to figure out who the watcher was mutts so kudos!

Reactions: 1 users