You're Nuts! Cooking Challenge #13

Started by PetPony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PetPony

Rawr :*
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7W1Ad.png


Nuts!
Week number thirteen.

To reiterate the challenge:
Each week will have a different food posted, and the challenge is to prepare a dish highlighting (or at least utilizing) that food. You then take a picture, chow down, and then post it on the thread, with comments and (hopefully!) a recipe. Easy peasy!

Additionally, the food for the next week will be posted along with the current week, so anybody who doesn't have the ingredient on hand can put it on their shopping list.

Current Week's Food: Nuts (including peanut butter, nutella, etc.)
Current Week Dates: Monday, 8/13 through Sunday, 8/19

Next Week's Food: Peaches!
Next Week's Dates: Monday, 8/20 through Sunday, 8/26

Need Inspiration? Tastespotting, Foodgawker, Nibbledish, or Photograzing may help you out.
 
Last edited:
Google told me peaches are in season now, so I thought we'd take that opportunity for next week! Send in your wishes for the next few weeks! 🙂
 
Google told me peaches are in season now, so I thought we'd take that opportunity for next week! Send in your wishes for the next few weeks! 🙂

I think leeks might be a nice challenge for a future week. I just made a recipe with leeks and was thinking how I'd like to post it here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I promise I also made this week ago as well!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Tortilla Roll

IMG_1428.jpg


Take a tortilla and smear it with crunchy peanut butter. Add some grape or strawberry jelly, and spread it over top of the peanut butter. Roll and enjoy! It's simple, but it's something good to have when you are super busy like I was!

I see that there wasn't a challenge the following week? I never did make anything with peaches, so I'm not behind there. I guess it kind of died out....
 
Sorry, guys, about not having some for a while, but I can make one for next week again if you want!